Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 31st December 2017, 16:38   #26901  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blurayhd View Post
Hi all, I like to say happy new year to all of you and ask you for some tool for scan every Bluray disc surface so IŽll can see if thereŽs some surface problem, could you recommend?
Read the disc to an image with IMGBURN. If there are any disc errors, they will be shown. You'll even be notified for any rereads (when the disc is marginal).

(Note: Just noticed that MrVideo had already made this suggestion)

Last edited by jdobbs; 31st December 2017 at 16:40.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2017, 17:00   #26902  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrVideo View Post
20:11 is the same as 16:9 for the non-square pixel 720x480 video. Actually, the math that I came up with for 16:9 720x480 video is 32:27. The formula is DAR/SAR = WIDTH/HEIGHT where DAR = Display Aspect Ratio and SAR = Sample Aspect Ratio. 20:11 is 1.8181... while 32:27 is 1.185185. Not sure how jdobbs came up with 20:11. SAR is determined by: SAR = DAR * (HEIGHT/WIDTH).

As for the first run being jerky, that surprises me, since you are playing the raw video from the DVD. What are you using for the playback device?
It's an import. The video aspect remains unchanged from the original encode. So jdobbs didn't come up with anything.

Last edited by jdobbs; 31st December 2017 at 17:05.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2017, 19:02   #26903  |  Link
AmigaFuture

Quote:
Forgot what you typed before.
It's okay, I was reminding you as you reminded me. Not any worries.

Quote:
I played what I recoded to 23.976 with VLC on the computer. The 29.97 that VRD recoded didn't have an issue, but I think I only played it within VRD. But, I did step thru a lot of it with VRD and there was the normal 2:3 pulldown video. No weird frames.
I didn't use VRD in the last attempt I replied with; BD-RB was used (DVD imported direct). If I use VRD and then import .TS or .PRG then BD-RB rencodes with a the side "smooshed" in during an import reencode. It's resized to 720...I think it was. I didn't document what I was doing this time. Actually the "smooshed in" means it converted to 4:3 rather than keeping 16:9 (None of the resize options in Setup are enabled). But for now I wanted to continue the Season 1 import and check the rest of the episodes. Then I was going to come back to the problems with Episode 1.
Old 31st December 2017, 19:34   #26904  |  Link
AmigaFuture

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
Look for "IMPORT_DVD_IVTC=1" in your INI file.
OOOOOhh, a new toy! HA! It's not in my INI, nor the Hidden Options. However, am checking with it now.
Old 31st December 2017, 19:51   #26905  |  Link
Blurayhd

Quote:
Read the disc to an image with IMGBURN. If there are any disc errors, they will be shown. You'll even be notified for any rereads (when the disc is marginal).

(Note: Just noticed that MrVideo had already made this suggestion)
Thank you and thank you to @Mrvideo and just for get it clear, you mean I have to generate one ISO from the disc?

And second this is the same that way if I use for example dvdisaster or VSO inspector?
Blurayhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2017, 20:59   #26906  |  Link
Lathe

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonca View Post
When I said special, I meant it in an Olympic way
Heh... horrible, just horrible...
Lathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2017, 23:54   #26907  |  Link
MrVideo

Quote:
It's an import. The video aspect remains unchanged from the original encode. So jdobbs didn't come up with anything.
I thought of that later. Strange number.
MrVideo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2017, 23:59   #26908  |  Link
MrVideo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blurayhd View Post
Thank you and thank you to @Mrvideo and just for get it clear, you mean I have to generate one ISO from the disc?
Yes, you would run ImgBurn on each disc. That will produce an ISO file, which you would delete after the copy was completed. If there are errors, you won't end up with an ISO file. IIRC, you'll get the option to delete the partial ISO when you cancel the job.
Quote:
And second this is the same that way if I use for example dvdisaster or VSO inspector?
No idea, as I do not use either of those.

Last edited by MrVideo; 1st January 2018 at 00:02.
Old 1st January 2018, 00:02   #26909  |  Link
MrVideo

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmigaFuture View Post
I didn't use VRD in the last attempt I replied with; BD-RB was used (DVD imported direct). If I use VRD and then import .TS or .PRG then BD-RB rencodes with a the side "smooshed" in during an import reencode. It's resized to 720...I think it was. I didn't document what I was doing this time. Actually the "smooshed in" means it converted to 4:3 rather than keeping 16:9 (None of the resize options in Setup are enabled). But for now I wanted to continue the Season 1 import and check the rest of the episodes. Then I was going to come back to the problems with Episode 1.
You are just having so much fun with this project. How many bottles of rum have you gone through at this point (and I don't mean mixed with any cola)?
Old 1st January 2018, 00:04   #26910  |  Link
Lathe

Quote:
You are just having so much fun with this project. How many bottles of rum have you gone through at this point (and I don't mean mixed with any cola)?

This makes my UK Avengers series CRF disc encodes look like a breeze...
Old 1st January 2018, 00:38   #26911  |  Link
AmigaFuture

MrVideo:

I haven't drank Rum in many years. I'm not really a fan of harder liqueur and that kind of out-of-control (and I've been there). But my preference WAS Captain Morgan Spiced Rum (OOhh, Baby!!). I also drank that without Cola, I stopped drinking soda about 15 years ago. I don't drink Caffeine, I don't enjoy the "jacked" feeling from it. HOWEVER, Ale's are cool... Hehe! Details are fun. At the cost, sometimes of Obsessiveness, haha! Then the girlfriends loves to cause distractions, perhaps that's also why? Wink!

Video & audio have always been a passion for me, even back to the days of Amiga..when it was the pioneer machine and OS for what we have now. Plus it's a lot of fun attempting to help JDobbs improve stuff when possible, if possible this fantastic front end-program. I have a lot of fun with many things... Including watching Little Lathe do his dancing.

Lathe,

Maybe I'm clueless here...but, that graphic belongs to some alcohol drink? Or am I missing something? Or are you showing which finger goes...ummm, errrrr..I'd rather not type the rest..... and then you view the encodes differently!?!
Old 1st January 2018, 00:47   #26912  |  Link
Lathe

Quote:
MrVideo:

Lathe,

Maybe I'm clueless here...but, that graphic belongs to some alcohol drink? Or am I missing something? Or are you showing which finger goes...ummm, errrrr..I'd rather not type the rest..... and then you view the encodes differently!?!
Nooooo... Heh... you are just TOO analytical my friend. Just a dramatic way to show agreement with the statement above...
Old 1st January 2018, 03:13   #26913  |  Link
MrVideo

Quote:
But my preference WAS Captain Morgan Spiced Rum
I have a bowling teammate friend who loves his Captain Morgan. I'm a Bacardi fan (with cola). In my service days, I drank a lot on the weekends.

Back on topic... how did the unknown hidden setting work out?

Maybe all of this is the fault of the 1/1/18 Super/Wolf Full moon that will occur @ 9.24pm ET.
Old 1st January 2018, 03:24   #26914  |  Link
Lathe

Quote:
I have a bowling teammate friend who loves his Captain Morgan. I'm a Bacardi fan (with cola). In my service days, I drank a lot on the weekends.

Back on topic... how did the unknown hidden setting work out?

Maybe all of this is the fault of the 1/1/18 Super/Wolf Full moon that will occur @ 9.24pm ET.
Heh... I was going to correct you guys, but I hadn't realized that Captain Morgan made this...

YUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMY !!!

Old 1st January 2018, 08:38   #26915  |  Link
MrVideo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathe View Post
Heh... I was going to correct you guys,
Correct us regarding what? There was no incorrect information.
Old 1st January 2018, 08:44   #26916  |  Link
Lathe

Quote:
Old 1st January 2018, 08:49   #26917  |  Link
AmigaFuture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathe View Post
Nooooo... Heh... you are just TOO analytical my friend. Just a dramatic way to show agreement with the statement above...
Haha...haha. Seems so though here, but in person is where all my humor shines best. Pure text is not the best way to deliver non-analytical stuff. Unless your name is Dan Brown, Steven King, etc, etc. Sooo...PPptttthhh!! Now THAT's analytical to the extreme. Muhaha!

MrVideo: No, it's the doom's day zealots that are getting ready to prophecy yet again that the world will end...soon, as they've done for over 200+ years >>again<< that I laugh at. I'm good with all the howling of the people who think they're changing into something because of the moon. I'll stay INSIDE for that. Ha!

I haven't noticed much of a difference with IMPORT_DVD_IVTC=1/0 yet. But today hasn't been a lot of testing...
Old 1st January 2018, 08:50   #26918  |  Link
AmigaFuture

Quote:
I will admit...I echo this question. Ohh, I bet it was the name of the drink he's meaning...

Last edited by AmigaFuture; 1st January 2018 at 08:53.
AmigaFuture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2018, 09:59   #26919  |  Link
Lathe

Quote:
I will admit...I echo this question. Ohh, I bet it was the name of the drink he's meaning...
Yessssssssssssssssssssssssssss...

And, THAT, ladies & gentlemen, is a perfect example of the difference in the way people think. The 'linear & methodical' guy missed my meaning. But, the more 'out of the box' person understood...

Actually, even though it's just nonsense, my meaning was sort of lateral. In other words, I was going to 'correct' both of you in saying, 'No, Parrot Bay rum is the best', but then (when I saw the picture) I realized that Captain Morgan was the one who made Parrot Bay...

And now, I believe it is time to cue the fruit!

Old 1st January 2018, 10:08   #26920  |  Link
AmigaFuture

So far IMPORT_DVD_IVTC=1 allows DVD import of Pilot and another episode I noticed having repeat frames left in. The imported DVD episodes are still "jittery" and the rerendered are fine except for repeat frames in some spots. IVTC is active in Setup and Deinterlace is not.

IMPORT_DVD_IVTC=0 Same...