Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 16th October 2017, 13:29   #26541  |  Link
zorro101

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrVideo View Post
To do 4K UHD discs will require a whole new project/product.
i'm not expert, but i have see the rip and the bd structure is the same.
only change (i think) is the resolution and the video codec (h.265 instead h.264)
zorro101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2017, 15:53   #26542  |  Link
Ch3vr0n

there's a lot more than that lol. Codec changes, resolution changes, bitrate changes, bitrate limitations, maximum sizes...
Ch3vr0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2017, 15:54   #26543  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by staina View Post
Application x264L - 64.exe me in different parts processing falls, see error dump from window below...
There is a lengthy discussion as to why X264L was necessary. Please review Rule 1a and use the "search" function.

Last edited by jdobbs; 16th October 2017 at 16:00.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2017, 15:56   #26544  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
To do 4K UHD discs will require a whole new project/product.
I'm looking at it. But with the amount of work involved, it may require a "Pro" version so I can recover costs. Donations have pretty much vanished in the last couple years (explaining the long times between versions). Even if I did a Pro version, though, I'd grandfather anyone who had already donated for BD-RB or DVD-RB or had substantially contributed through bug reports.

I think the most useful function would be importing 4K video and authoring it into a UHD BD.

No promises though, as I've just started researching it.

Last edited by jdobbs; 16th October 2017 at 16:08.
Old 16th October 2017, 16:05   #26545  |  Link
Blurayhd

Hi guys thereīs some application so Iīll can do a full surface disc scan? searching for errors? bad sectors etc? That application can show a map of the surface and sectors? or when I use IMGburn to pass some disc to hard drive if I donīt get any errors that means the disc is good?

Thank you in advance
Blurayhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2017, 16:09   #26546  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch3vr0n View Post
there's a lot more than that lol. Codec changes, resolution changes, bitrate changes, bitrate limitations, maximum sizes...
Quite a bit for sure... for example, TSMUXER's output would have to be corrected since it uses different codes, etc...
Old 16th October 2017, 16:26   #26547  |  Link
MrVideo

Quote:
Originally Posted by zorro101 View Post
i'm not expert, but i have see the rip and the bd structure is the same.
only change (i think) is the resolution and the video codec (h.265 instead h.264)
While on the surface it may look the same, the authoring of the disc is a little different. There are some differences in the features, which has to be handled by a new authoring program.

In other words, the engine under the hood of a UHD disk is a little different than the engine under the hood of a Blu-ray disk.
MrVideo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2017, 18:06   #26548  |  Link
meadrocks

PM'd you a gift card. Hopefully you can make a new release soon. Enjoy.
meadrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2017, 18:44   #26549  |  Link
geheim

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
I think the most useful function would be importing 4K video and authoring it into a UHD BD.
Exactly my thoughts, because right now there is no possibility to do this. Shrinking complete UHDs to BD50 etc would be another step afterwards, but being able to convert 4K footage to UHD structure would be amazing!!

Thanks for taking a look at this!
geheim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2017, 00:32   #26550  |  Link
Mark_Venture

Quote:
I'm looking at it. But with the amount of work involved, it may require a "Pro" version so I can recover costs. Donations have pretty much vanished in the last couple years (explaining the long times between versions). Even if I did a Pro version, though, I'd grandfather anyone who had already donated for BD-RB or DVD-RB or had substantially contributed through bug reports.

Wait...did I miss something? Last I remember it wasn't possible to rip 4K/UHD Bluray discs... is that part solved now?
Mark_Venture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2017, 02:36   #26551  |  Link
Lathe

Quote:

You should absolutely do a PRO version so you can get paid, period.

You should provide an up front purchase for those who want that, and you should also provide (my preference) a monthly subscription. The reason being is that if people want to use this excellent and now essential program, they need to cough up the monthly $5.99 or whatever. That ASSURES you a regular income; that is the only one that does in my lowly and wretched opinion.

That way, all the nice people here who use it, say 100 people hopefully, then you have a regular, recurring income of $600/month.

A no-brainer to me...
Lathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2017, 03:24   #26552  |  Link
AmigaFuture

Quote:
Is anyone else having trouble with this site? Everytime I come here I have to login again -- it doesn't remember me anymore.
I went through that recently after an Avast IS Un/Install. I think it screwed with my Firefox settings. I won't use another browser, Chrome tracks. However, Doom9 doesn't always inform my Email I have something new from here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathe View Post
You should absolutely do a PRO version so you can get paid, period.

You should provide an up front purchase for those who want that, and you should also provide (my preference) a monthly subscription. The reason being is that if people want to use this excellent and now essential program, they need to cough up the monthly $5.99 or whatever. That ASSURES you a regular income; that is the only one that does in my lowly and wretched opinion.

That way, all the nice people here who use it, say 100 people hopefully, then you have a regular, recurring income of $600/month.

A no-brainer to me...
I agree with the self-deprecating one here.

Last edited by AmigaFuture; 17th October 2017 at 03:35.
AmigaFuture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2017, 03:38   #26553  |  Link
Lathe

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmigaFuture View Post

I agree with the self-deprecating one here.
Thanks kindly AF...
Lathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2017, 08:20   #26554  |  Link
MrVideo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_Venture View Post
Wait...did I miss something? Last I remember it wasn't possible to rip 4K/UHD Bluray discs... is that part solved now?
Yep, for a little while now.
MrVideo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2017, 09:17   #26555  |  Link
zorro101

Quote:
yes the aacs2 is broken
the tools deuhd work with 4k blu-ray
Old 17th October 2017, 09:19   #26556  |  Link
zorro101

Quote:
Quite a bit for sure... for example, TSMUXER's output would have to be corrected since it uses different codes, etc...
i have try tsmuxer with input .m2ts uhd (from bd uhd) and:
dont create Blu-ray folder
can create .m2ts
Old 17th October 2017, 09:20   #26557  |  Link
zorro101

Quote:
While on the surface it may look the same, the authoring of the disc is a little different. There are some differences in the features, which has to be handled by a new authoring program.

In other words, the engine under the hood of a UHD disk is a little different than the engine under the hood of a Blu-ray disk.
i hope for release
Old 17th October 2017, 09:22   #26558  |  Link
staina

Originally Posted by staina View Post
Application x264L - 64.exe me in different parts processing falls, see error dump from window below...

Quote:
There is a lengthy discussion as to why X264L was necessary. Please review Rule 1a and use the "search" function.
This part thread I'm there given only to knew whither belongs to part below. Important is this part and answers for her. Thank you

A little I'm searched and to internet found same version codec X264, but with other size see. link.

http://www.digital-digest.com/softwa...story.html#471

This codec at processing not once no srasch. It is possible codecs version 2665 compare and give here know in what are other and whether it is possible use and me found codec without reduction in quality output videos?

Yet I'm found out that the at option "Use DirectshowSource frame serving" at two pass uses latest version codec X264 (file X264.exe) how for frame serving so and for encoding, but at options "Use X264s internal LAVF for frame serving" uses older versuses older version codec X264 (file X264L - 64.exe) how for frame serving so and for encoding.

Which option is then for quality better?
staina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2017, 14:02   #26559  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
That's just one application. How about that family video you created with your UHD camera? Even the iPhone records UHD now.

Last edited by jdobbs; 17th October 2017 at 14:11.
Old 17th October 2017, 14:04   #26560  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by zorro101 View Post
i have try tsmuxer with input .m2ts uhd (from bd uhd) and:
dont create Blu-ray folder
can create .m2ts
Yep. There's a lot to be done.