Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Announcements and Chat > Forum / Site Suggestions & Help

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 22nd May 2020, 23:05   #1  |  Link
wonkey_monkey
Formerly davidh*****

Should be users be able to delete the threads they start?

Earlier today, Katie Boundary started a thread asking a question about performing different bobs based on the parity of a clip.

That thread has now been deleted, along with the replies of several other users (I assume this was not done by the mods, who could have deleted any objectionable posts individually). I assume KB did this, since they've done this before when they didn't like how a thread turned out. If that was also the case here, it once again means others who could have benefitted from the answers posted can no longer do so (I'm not saying the answers in this particular thread were all that noteworthy, but they were useful, and it's more the general principle of the thing).

This seems incredibly selfish to me. When I post a reply to a thread it's so that anyone can see what I write, not just for the benefit of one ungrateful individual who treats this place as their own private reference library. I think it raises the question as to whether users should be able to delete the threads that they start.

In the rare cases where there might be a legitimate reason to delete an active thread entirely, the mods can be asked to do so. Threads with no replies could be made exempt to allow for the swift cover-up of a mistaken post.

Thoughts?

Last edited by wonkey_monkey; 22nd May 2020 at 23:18.