Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Avisynth Usage

Old 2nd July 2022, 12:01   #1  |  Link
sajg91

avisynth github download advice

Hi, When you are downloading on the Github page under the assets heading you get 3 choices 7z source code (zip) and source code (tar.gz) probably sounds really daft but you do only download only 1 version?

I've downloaded rg tools the 7Z and source code(zip) appear different but the source code (zip) and source code (tar.gz) appear to be the same. Thank you
sajg91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2022, 14:18   #2  |  Link
FranceBB
Broadcast Encoder

source code .7z is made by the maintainer and it can be any version of the source code he'd like to let you download.
Source code (zip) and source code (tar.gz) are automatically created by GitHub and offered as download.
After all, GitHub is a versioning system, so whenever you tag the release with a version number, it automatically includes the source code as zip and tar.gz for you, relative to when you're performing that release.

Cheers,
Frank
FranceBB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2022, 14:27   #3  |  Link
Reel.Deel

If you just want to download and use the plugin all you need is the first download:

The source code downloads are automatically generated by GitHub.

Edit: FranceBB beat me
Reel.Deel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2022, 16:48   #4  |  Link
sajg91

Hi, Thank you for your replies. I'm trying to get my head around Avisynth and have spent most of the day on the "getting started" Avisynth page doing the test scripts. I was told to download these and assumed it's just the plugins I needed. I'm looking to restore my analogue videos. Thanks.
sajg91 is offline   Reply With Quote