Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Avisynth Usage

Old 7th October 2019, 12:03   #161  |  Link
LigH
German doom9/Gleitz SuMo

Probable reason for question 1: The AviSynth+ homepage http://www.avs-plus.net/ is outdated since the "new MT" started its development; learning that most recent builds are elsewhere is apparently a process...

New German Gleitz board
MediaFire: x264 | x265 | VPx | AOM | Xvid
LigH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2019, 15:39   #162  |  Link
GeZorTenPlotZ

To be frank, i always look to avisynth-wiki for filters and answers. I've read there that there are some probs with MT-version of avisynth. So why upgrading when it works? And it worked 'til last week. Maybe last WinUpdate broke something? Don't know.
But ok, i've done everything what has been said and now it works again.
So thank you guys!

BTW, with all those versions and forks of avisynth it's a bit difficult to follow if you are not in touch continuously.
GeZorTenPlotZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2019, 15:44   #163  |  Link
Groucho2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeZorTenPlotZ View Post
BTW, with all those versions and forks of avisynth it's a bit difficult to follow if you are not in touch continuously.
True. It has been suggested before to create a dedicated thread for pinterf's AVS+, I hope that's going to happen soon.
Old 7th October 2019, 17:26   #164  |  Link
Groucho2004

Quote:
I've read there that there are some probs with MT-version of avisynth.
I'd like you to point me to the page where you read that.

You can usually blame a misbehaving plugin for problems with multi-threaded workflows. There are other reasons such as noobs setting the number of threads to insane values and then complain that it crashes (mostly caused by running out of memory).

Anyway, if you have trouble with multi-threading - don't use it.

Last edited by Groucho2004; 7th October 2019 at 17:34.
Groucho2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2019, 17:59   #165  |  Link
StainlessS
HeartlessS Usurer

Quote:
I've read there that there are some probs with MT-version of avisynth.
I'm guessin' concerns SEt's version avisynth (non+) MT x64.

EDIT: I dont use MT.

"Some infinities are bigger than other infinities", but how many of them are infinitely bigger ???
StainlessS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2019, 18:08   #166  |  Link
Groucho2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessS View Post
I'm guessin' concerns SEt's version avisynth (non+) MT x64.
I don't think there ever was a 64 bit MT version by SEt or anyone else (but my memory might be failing me).
Old 7th October 2019, 18:58   #167  |  Link
StainlessS
HeartlessS Usurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groucho2004 View Post
I don't think there ever was a 64 bit MT version by SEt or anyone else (but my memory might be failing me).

SEt's Avisynth 2.5.8 MT compiled for *X86_64*, Latest Build 4/16/2010 [Compiled by JoshyD]
https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=152800

v2.58 x64 though, not avs+. (GeZorTenPlotZ did not mention avs+)

EDIT: On Wiki home page under Deprecated builds:- http://avisynth.nl/index.php/Main_Page

"Some infinities are bigger than other infinities", but how many of them are infinitely bigger ???

Last edited by StainlessS; 7th October 2019 at 19:46.
Old 7th October 2019, 19:03   #168  |  Link
Groucho2004

Quote:
SEt's Avisynth 2.5.8 MT compiled for *X86_64*, Latest Build 4/16/2010 [Compiled by JoshyD]
https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=152800

v2.58 x64 though, not avs+. (GeZorTenPlotZ did not mention avs+)
I stand corrected.

I remember the 64 bit version from JoshyD but I thought it was single-threaded only.
Old 9th October 2019, 20:13   #169  |  Link
gispos

Here was something about avisynth classic x64 #74

Compatibility with the classic x64 Avisynth version:
I have found a 2.5.8 x64 version and this version does not want to load even VirtualDub2 and the older AvsPmod Versions.
I will not invest any time there. The world keeps turning and that's from yesterday.
But maybe I have also corrected this with my changes. Maybe someone can give notice.

Until then, I declare AvsP x64 as incompatible with 'Classic' Avisynth x64

Last edited by gispos; 9th October 2019 at 20:17.
gispos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2019, 21:24   #170  |  Link
StainlessS
HeartlessS Usurer

Quote:
Until then, I declare AvsP x64 as incompatible with 'Classic' Avisynth x64
Yep gispos, dont you sweat at all about that, let it die in peace.

Old 10th October 2019, 07:39   #171  |  Link
LigH
German doom9/Gleitz SuMo

Indeed. "Classic AviSynth x64" was an attempt to port from a base with code tricks the x86-64 architecture would not accept, partially due to enhanced thread security. It was quite probably bound to fail.

AviSynth+ was not only a user feature enhancement of AviSynth. Most of all, it was a much more clean and portable rewrite. Created to support both 32 and 64 bit code, CPU/OS features as well as constraints.

New German Gleitz board
MediaFire: x264 | x265 | VPx | AOM | Xvid
LigH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2019, 13:05   #172  |  Link
nyuszika7h
She/Her

AvsPmod doesn't seem to play well with Hi-DPI displays, some of the text (e.g. in the preferences dialog) is tiny. Overriding Windows compatibility settings seems to fix the issue, maybe the app should be marked as DPI-aware, though I only tested this at 125% scaling and 1920x1080 resolution on Windows 10.

nyuszika7h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2019, 18:49   #173  |  Link
gispos

Update AvsPmod
Update AvsPThumb now on GitHub

https://github.com/gispos
Old 7th February 2020, 11:10   #174  |  Link
whugemann

Issues Tab missing on Github gispos/AvsPmod

How do I report issues on yout Github repository?

I tried the 32-version under Window 10, 32bit and it only runs if you have administrator previlegs. Otherwise it pops up shortly and vanishes again. (BTW: Same issue with the original master branch version.)
whugemann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2020, 12:58   #175  |  Link
gispos

Quote:
Originally Posted by whugemann View Post
How do I report issues on yout Github repository?

I tried the 32-version under Window 10, 32bit and it only runs if you have administrator previlegs. Otherwise it pops up shortly and vanishes again. (BTW: Same issue with the original master branch version.)
Did you unpack AvsPMod into a system program directory? AvsPmod and many other small tools need write access in its own directory.

Read from post #146

If that's, because I have to add a message.
Old 26th February 2020, 21:31   #176  |  Link
KreuzBlick

Strange behavior of AvsPmod

I have found a cryptic behavior of AvsPmod. At first I couldn't explain, but now I know what's going on.

But step by step: I write scripts with Avisynth for my digitized Super 8 soundfilms. I use AvsPmod in the latest version 2.6.1.0. I open video with avisource() and audio with wavsource() and combine them with AudioDub(). After that I have to synchronize audio and video. Virtualdub2 is ideal for this task, because the audio track can be displayed together with the videoframe. The determined sound offset must be entered in the script with the DelayAudio() function. Since Virtualdub2 itself has a script editor, I use it for this purpose. With F5 "save and refresh" I can immediately test whether the offset has been correctly determined.

After that it goes back to AvsPmod to continue editing the script. And here comes the strange thing: The previously saved changes have disappeared! Since I don't believe in miracles, I open the script again in the VD-script editor. The change is back. So I reopen in AvsPmod: the change has gone. As a further check, I open with editor or notepad++, the changes are available here. Only avsPmod does not display them, although they are obviously saved in the script! What's happening?

I take a closer look at the script. It is inconspicuous in avsPmod, but does not contain the externally made changes. Now I open with editor and scroll further down. There I see, commented out, a second variant of the script that begins with the line "### AvsP marked script ###". This variant is obviously generated when user sliders are used. Since Avisynth does not know these sliders, AvsPmod creates a script version with fixed values, which can be executed by Avisynth, and puts the original script as a second part in a comment. Other editor programs can see the first part and can change it and Avisynth respects the new script. But AvsPmod does not pay attention to this first part, but retrieves its script from the second part, which was commented out and not altered.

The behavior of AvsPmod is somehow logical, since it wants to be compatible when using user sliders, but it is not thought until end. It is assumed that you only open a script with the program itself, but this is too restrictive. Other programs cannot be held responsible for the strange behavior, because they don't know the peculiarities of AvsPmod. AvsPmod itself would have to take care of it. If the two versions in the script with and without user-slider no longer match, at least a warning should come and possibly the question, which script version should be used. As it is now, users are irritated because data changes can suddenly disappear.

I made a forum search for "### AvsP marked script ###", but nobody seemed to notice this behavior.
KreuzBlick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2020, 03:04   #177  |  Link
StainlessS
HeartlessS Usurer

Quote:
"### AvsP marked script ###", but nobody seemed to notice this behavior.
I have certainly noticed it, tis the reason that I do not use AvsPMod at all.
Earlier versions of AvsPMod were actually modifying my scripts (When I used RT_FSelOpen, it inserted the actual selected filename into the script, instead of the RT_FSelOpen call,
totally magic how it did that but it meant that my scripts no longer worked with file selector, and had to be hand edited back to original again. Real annoying.)
I have no idea if the app still has the same behaviour, on a quick test some time back, it did not edit the RT_FSelOpen thing, but maybe I did not test sufficiently well.
I understand that AvsPMod is just trying to be helpful, and for most people it probably works very well, but during script development, is [EDIT: was] a bloody nightmare to have to keep
changing it back to how it was.

Of course, no blame attaches itself to GisPos, he is doing his best to maintain the monster that he has taken on, much respect for that Gispos.

Code:
RT_FSelOpen(string "title"="Open",string "dir"="",string  "filt",string "fn="",bool "multi"=false,bool "debug"=false)

Function to select EXISTING filename using GUI FileSelector.

Title = Title bar text.
 Dir   = Directory, "" = Current
 Filt  = Lots, eg "All Files (*.*)|*.*"
         [Displayed text | wildcard] [| more pairs of Displayed text and wildcard, in pairs ONLY].
         first one is default.
 fn    = Initially presented filename (if any).
 multi = Multiply Select filenames. Allows selection of more than one filename at once.
 debug = Send error info to DebugView window.

Returns
   int, 0, user CANCELLED.
   int, non zero is error (error sent to DebugView window).
   String, Filename selected, Chr(10) separated multiline string if MULTI==true (and multiple files selected).

Example, to prompt for an AVI file and play it.
    avi=RT_FSelOpen("I MUST have an AVI",filt="Avi files|*.avi")
    Assert(avi.IsString,"RT_FSelOpen: Error="+String(avi))
    AviSource(avi)
EDIT: From earlier in this thread (maybe GisPos fixed it).
Quote:
Well from Python 2.7 to Python 3.0, I believe the main diff is the print statement[becomes a function in v3.0], not really too big a difference (see x in y minutes web page for differences)
x in y minutes:- https://learnxinyminutes.com/

I have eg a script that calls a file selector to get a filename from user, On return AvsPMod actually changes my script and embeds to chosen filename in script, making the purpose of the script, useless (Ie file sector no longer works proper).
I have no idea whatever how AvsPMod does what it does (to screw up my scripts). I just know that it does.
Most people love AvsPMod, but if you are a script developer, and have to un-fuck what the AVSPMod thing does EVERY TIME, then its a bit not nice.

EDIT: I think this is one of the ones that causes probs (from RT_Stats), [EDIT: It actually modifes the source script, go figure]
Code:
avi = RT_FSelOpen("Please select an AVI file",Filt="*.AVI|*.AVI")
Assert(avi.IsString,"RT_FSelOpen: Error="+String(avi))
AVISource(AVI)
txt = RT_FSelOpen("And now select a Text file",Filt="*.txt|*.txt")
Assert(txt.IsString,"RT_FSelOpen: Error="+String(txt))
Txt=RT_ReadTxtFromFile(txt)
Lines=RT_TxtQueryLines(Txt)
# config
DELAY=100
ALIGN=1			# As Numeric KeyPad
SCROLL=0		# 0 = Upwards : 1 = Downwards : 2 = Right to Left : 3 = Left to right : 4 = Karaoke
#
ORG=Last
Last=(SCROLL==4)? ORG.Blankclip(height=80) : Last
CMD_0 = """RT_Subtitle("%s",Txt,align=ALIGN,y=height+DELAY-current_frame,expx=true,expy=true)"""
CMD_1 = """RT_Subtitle("%s",Txt,align=ALIGN,y=-(Lines*20+DELAY) + current_frame,expx=true,expy=true)"""
CMD_2 = """RT_Subtitle("%s",Txt,align=ALIGN,x=width+DELAY-current_frame,expx=true,vcent=true)"""
CMD_3 = """RT_Subtitle("%s",Txt,align=ALIGN,x=-(width+DELAY)+current_frame,expx=true,vcent=true)"""
CMD_4 = """RT_Subtitle("%s",Txt,align=ALIGN,y=height+DELAY-current_frame,expx=true,expy=true)"""
CMD_5 = """RT_Subtitle("BAD SCROLL COMMAND (0->4)")"""
CMD = (SCROLL<0 || SCROLL>4) ? CMD_5 : Select(Scroll,CMD_0,CMD_1,CMD_2,CMD_3,CMD_4)
ScriptClip(CMD)
Return (SCROLL==4)? StackVertical(ORG,Last) : Last
EDIT: Dont know how it does it, really clever actually, but is unwanted, and detrimental.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gispos View Post
@StainlessS, if I copy your example then should it work? Will try it with AvsP.

Last edited by StainlessS; 27th February 2020 at 03:29.
Old 27th February 2020, 11:36   #178  |  Link
gispos

Quote:
Originally Posted by KreuzBlick View Post
I have found a cryptic behavior of AvsPmod. At first I couldn't explain, but now I know what's going on.

But step by step: ....

I made a forum search for "### AvsP marked script ###", but nobody seemed to notice this behavior.
I'm not at home at the moment, but I remember there is a setting under the options to deactivate 'Save AvsP marker'. I have never used the sliders myself and cannot write anything about them, when I am at home I will look at them.
Old 27th February 2020, 18:57   #179  |  Link
KreuzBlick

Thank you very much for your comments.

I like AvsPmod and use it often, so I'm grateful that somebody cares about it.

Now I have found the marker in the options under "Options" - "Program-settings" in the Tab "Save-Load" named "Save *.avs scripts with AvsPmod markings" and I will try, if it solves the problem or arises others.

But to be honest: Now I know about the fact, that AvsPmod can undo changes in the script and can handle with it. I have written down my observation to prevent others to fall into the same trap.
KreuzBlick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2020, 19:06   #180  |  Link
gispos

Quote:
Originally Posted by KreuzBlick View Post
...There I see, commented out, a second variant of the script that begins with the line "### AvsP marked script ###". This variant is obviously generated when user sliders are used. ...
I can't get the AvsP marker to be written in the script.
As I said, I have not used the sliders so far and switched everything off under the options.
Now I have turned everything on but AvsP does not save any settings in the script. (ShnapShot_001, 002)

I don't feel like looking in the code right now , so the question: Must this be self created sliders?

Quote:
I have certainly noticed it, tis the reason that I do not use AvsPMod at all.
Earlier versions of AvsPMod were actually modifying my scripts (When I used RT_FSelOpen, it inserted the actual selected filename into the script, instead of the RT_FSelOpen call...

As you can see everything works fine with your script.(SnapShot_003).
Under 'User Sliders' turn off 'automatic create sliders'
Under 'Video' turn off 'Refresh preview automatically'
Under 'Save/Load' turn off 'Save *.avs script with AvsP markings'

And you already have a VirtualDub Editor 'Premium'

Quote:
Of course, no blame attaches itself to GisPos, he is doing his best to maintain the monster that he has taken on, much respect for that Gispos.
Thanks.

Last edited by gispos; 29th February 2020 at 12:14.
gispos is offline   Reply With Quote