Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 26th January 2022, 14:20   #31121  |  Link
MrVideo

OK. The LED bulb finally lit. You didn't catch what I was doing wrong and I finally caught on when you said the import the tsMuxer BD folder. I remembered something else that was mentioned in the thread, and was what was needed to be done in order to import more than one BD and that was to put all of the BDs in the same directory.

Once I did that, all was great.

Thanks for the help. It took some nudging, but I finally got there. This will be a lot easier when JDobb updates BDRB to do this. I know, wishful thinking, as it will help both of us and who know how many others.
MrVideo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2022, 05:53   #31122  |  Link
Timmy256

Hi jdobbs,

A few days ago I posted my report on an issue I was having. Its the third time that I’ve tried posting it, you corrected it before and I made the images smaller, so it wouldn’t be so long. Developers usually complain that end users don’t post exhaustive reports of issues, so I tried to be as detailed as possible, with logs, settings and even video shorts that I uploaded in YouTube to show results; yet I still don’t see it approved, so I guess it is still not OK?

I feel like I’m passing an exam of “posting the perfect report” before the message is visible. Could you please instruct me what is wrong this time so I can try fix it again?

Thanks.
Timmy256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2022, 15:40   #31123  |  Link
MrVideo

I have an HEVC video that is 3840x1600, with E-AC3. Steps done:
1) Used tsMuxer to create BD folder
2) Imported (via browser) the BD folder
3) set FORCE-ENCODE=1 This was done because the first time thru the video was not recoded to 3840x2160.
4) Backup

The video was recoded, but letterbox bars were still not added. This has worked with 1080p video that needed letterbox bars. Does this not work with 4K videos?
Old 27th January 2022, 21:43   #31124  |  Link
Mark_Venture

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
I've fixed NVENCCRE's inability to process source M2TS files. You can download the fixed version with this link.
Should Audio:Intact be working to pass through the audio?

I tried feeding it two MKV that were from uncompressed UHD rips of their main movies. They both had TrueHD.

The output of one was 5.1 AC and was missing the voices. 1917 ended up having 2 Channel AC3 audio.

NVlastcmd.txt for 1917:
Code:
"D:\BD_Rebuilder\tools\nvenc\nvencc.exe" --avhw -i "X:\1917\1917_t00.mkv" --codec h265 --preset default 
--profile main10 --output-depth 10 --chromaloc auto --colorprim auto --transfer auto --colormatrix auto 
--master-display copy --max-cll copy --qp-min 0 --multipass 2pass-full --vbr 0 --vbr-quality 21 --aq 
--aq-temporal --aud --pic-struct --vbv-bufsize 45000 --max-bitrate 48000 --lookahead 24 --no-b-adapt 
--gop-len 24 --audio-copy 4 --sub-copy --chapter-copy -o "I:\BD-WORK\1917_t00.mkv"

Last edited by jdobbs; 28th January 2022 at 14:59.
Mark_Venture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2022, 22:03   #31125  |  Link
gonca

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrVideo View Post
3) set FORCE-ENCODE=1 This was done because the first time thru the video was not recoded to 3840x2160.
4) Backup

The video was recoded, but letterbox bars were still not added. This has worked with 1080p video that needed letterbox bars. Does this not work with 4K videos?

If this was meant for me then,
I do step 1
step 2 is File>Import>BD(s) quick reauthor
and I have FORCE_NOENCODE=1 set
I do all my video compression first (usually)
gonca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2022, 22:41   #31126  |  Link
SeeMoreDigital
Life's clearer in 4K UHD

Quote:
I have an HEVC video that is 3840x1600, with E-AC3.
Really... How?
Old 27th January 2022, 23:55   #31127  |  Link
gonca

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeMoreDigital View Post
Really... How?
Most likely a mp4 that has been cropped
gonca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2022, 04:44   #31128  |  Link
MrVideo

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonca View Post
Most likely a mp4 that has been cropped
Nope, MKV.
Old 28th January 2022, 04:52   #31129  |  Link
MrVideo

Quote:
If this was meant for me then,
I do step 1
step 2 is File>Import>BD(s) quick reauthor
and I have FORCE_NOENCODE=1 set
I do all my video compression first (usually)
Nope, for jdobbs. It was my understanding that when doing a BD/UHD output that if the incoming video wasn't 1080/2160, it would recode and add the needed letterbox bars.

The first pass it did not recode, so I forced it the 2nd time around and it did not add the bars.

Looking at the log it said that the source video was HEVC 3840x2160, which it wasn't. MediaInfo reported 3840x1600. Could be why no letterbox addition.

I'm not set up for doing HEVC. I normally just let BDRB do it. But in this case, it was not doing what I thought it should be doing.
Old 28th January 2022, 10:30   #31130  |  Link
SeeMoreDigital
Life's clearer in 4K UHD

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeMoreDigital View Post
Really... How
Quote:
Most likely a mp4 that has been cropped.
Quote:
Nope, MKV.
I suggest you go back to your disc source and try again!
Old 28th January 2022, 15:02   #31131  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_Venture View Post
Should Audio:Intact be working to pass through the audio?

I tried feeding it two MKV that were from uncompressed UHD rips of their main movies. They both had TrueHD.

The output of one was 5.1 AC and was missing the voices. 1917 ended up having 2 Channel AC3 audio.

NVlastcmd.txt for 1917:
Code:
"D:\BD_Rebuilder\tools\nvenc\nvencc.exe" --avhw -i "X:\1917\1917_t00.mkv" --codec h265 --preset default 
--profile main10 --output-depth 10 --chromaloc auto --colorprim auto --transfer auto --colormatrix auto 
--master-display copy --max-cll copy --qp-min 0 --multipass 2pass-full --vbr 0 --vbr-quality 21 --aq 
--aq-temporal --aud --pic-struct --vbv-bufsize 45000 --max-bitrate 48000 --lookahead 24 --no-b-adapt 
--gop-len 24 --audio-copy 4 --sub-copy --chapter-copy -o "I:\BD-WORK\1917_t00.mkv"
According to the command line, the 4th audio track should have been kept -- and it should have been copied intact.

Last edited by jdobbs; 28th January 2022 at 15:18.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2022, 15:04   #31132  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
4) Backup

My guess is that BD-RB got confused because you imported from what it believed to have been a BD (and therefore should meet standards). So BD-RB assumed that the info in the CLPI/MPLS was correct when it said the source was 3820x2160.

You should be able to correct it by adding the AVISYNTH AddBorders() filter via the filter editor.

Last edited by jdobbs; 28th January 2022 at 15:17.
Old 28th January 2022, 16:30   #31133  |  Link
Mark_Venture

Quote:
According to the command line, the 4th audio track should have been kept -- and it should have been copied intact.
What does it do if there are multiple audio streams included in the file? Should it keep them all?

Under special processing -> language selection... all are selected, and the boxes for limit 1 are unselected, and appears to be set "keep all" for audio in the ini

NVENCCRE.INI
Code:
[Options]
VIDEO_CODEC=1
AUDIO_CODEC=0
VIDEO_MODE=2
AUDIO_TO_KEEP=all
SUBS_TO_KEEP=all
AUDIO_TRACK_LIMIT=0
SUBTITLE_TRACK_LIMIT=0
NVENC_CAPABLE=1
USE_EXTERNAL_SUBS=1
HEVC_Q_VALUES=32,30,21
[Paths]
WorkingPath=I:\BD-WORK\

Last edited by Mark_Venture; 28th January 2022 at 16:35.
Mark_Venture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2022, 17:27   #31134  |  Link
MrVideo

Quote:
My guess is that BD-RB got confused because you imported from what it believed to have been a BD (and therefore should meet standards). So BD-RB assumed that the info in the CLPI/MPLS was correct when it said the source was 3820x2160.
Yep, makes perfect sense.
Quote:
You should be able to correct it by adding the AVISYNTH AddBorders() filter via the filter editor.
Doing that now. Thanks for the tip.
Old 29th January 2022, 01:12   #31135  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_Venture View Post
What does it do if there are multiple audio streams included in the file? Should it keep them all?

Under special processing -> language selection... all are selected, and the boxes for limit 1 are unselected, and appears to be set "keep all" for audio in the ini

NVENCCRE.INI
Code:
[Options]
VIDEO_CODEC=1
AUDIO_CODEC=0
VIDEO_MODE=2
AUDIO_TO_KEEP=all
SUBS_TO_KEEP=all
AUDIO_TRACK_LIMIT=0
SUBTITLE_TRACK_LIMIT=0
NVENC_CAPABLE=1
USE_EXTERNAL_SUBS=1
HEVC_Q_VALUES=32,30,21
[Paths]
WorkingPath=I:\BD-WORK\
Sounds like it should keep them all. I'll look at the code and do some testing.

[Edit] Ok. I see the issue. Somehow I managed to not include a check for "all" in the audio language check. Duh...

Last edited by jdobbs; 30th January 2022 at 00:44.
Old 29th January 2022, 07:48   #31136  |  Link
MrVideo

Another mystery. I imported 4 BDs. When that was done, I clicked on Backup in order to re-encode the HEVC video to fit the BD. But, it got nowhere as it complained that the video had an illegal framerate. Huh? They are 23.976. So, I went looking with BDEdit. In the playlist STN section, the V column had a zero, but the DV column had a 1 and that framerate was correct and it pointed to the correct PID in the M2TS file.

Any guesses as to why BDRB thinks the framerate is incorrect? Is it because it is DV video?

Last edited by MrVideo; 29th January 2022 at 08:09.
Old 29th January 2022, 09:18   #31137  |  Link
Timmy256

Hi jdobbs,

Would you please let me know what was wrong with me wrong encoding report that the post wasn’t approved? How could I fix it?

Thanks.

Last edited by tebasuna51; 29th January 2022 at 11:09.
Old 29th January 2022, 22:40   #31138  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Another mystery. I imported 4 BDs. When that was done, I clicked on Backup in order to re-encode the HEVC video to fit the BD. But, it got nowhere as it complained that the video had an illegal framerate. Huh? They are 23.976. So, I went looking with BDEdit. In the playlist STN section, the V column had a zero, but the DV column had a 1 and that framerate was correct and it pointed to the correct PID in the M2TS file.

Any guesses as to why BDRB thinks the framerate is incorrect? Is it because it is DV video?
Check the framerate in the CLPI.
Old 29th January 2022, 22:45   #31139  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmy256 View Post
Hi jdobbs,

Would you please let me know what was wrong with me wrong encoding report that the post wasn’t approved? How could I fix it?

Thanks.
I have no idea why it wasn't displaying or wasn't approved... but I manually selected it and approved it.
Old 30th January 2022, 00:41   #31140  |  Link
Timmy256

Quote:
I have no idea why it wasn't displaying or wasn't approved... but I manually selected it and approved it.
Thanks jdobbs.

Adding to my report, if you take a look at the info there of that “Extra” video, it shows FPS as 59.97 (vs. the regular full movie), and it’s a standard Zoom call with the director, with nothing special.

Would that have anything to do with the video being so sped up vs. the audio? It amazes me that right-clicking the extra an doing the “Preview” with your Media Classic Player, it shows the video already sped up; similar to the output if I encode it!

My guess is that the problem goes a layer beyond your encoding; why is Media Player Classic playing that video so fast, on a brand new Windows 10 installation? Anything to troubleshoot there? Other players (VLC, DVDFab, Leawo, etc.) play the video at the right speed, so I don’t know what Media Player Classic is using internally to play it, but makes me suspect that the same issue that it has ends up happening after I encode the disc in BD-Rebuilder; that if I can’t fix Media Player Classic playing it fine, it would be pointless to test the encoding, as the same thing would happen there.

Thanks; hopefully I can get some ideas on what to troubleshoot. Have a great weekend