Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 30th January 2022, 03:25   #31141  |  Link
MrVideo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
Check the framerate in the CLPI.
All are 23.976.

UPDATE: Started another project where the video is HEVC/HDR, no DV, and it re-encodes just fine.

Last edited by MrVideo; 30th January 2022 at 05:40.
MrVideo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2022, 03:28   #31142  |  Link
MrVideo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmy256 View Post
it shows FPS as 59.97
That is not a legal/normal frame rate. 29.97 and 59.94 are the legal rates.

I went back and looked at the video. 59.94p is a legal frame rate for 720p video.

Posting samples on YouTube is a bad idea, as they screw with the video before posting it. A pure sample must be posted elsewhere.

Last edited by MrVideo; 30th January 2022 at 04:38.
Old 30th January 2022, 08:26   #31143  |  Link
Timmy256

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrVideo View Post
That is not a legal/normal frame rate. 29.97 and 59.94 are the legal rates.

I went back and looked at the video. 59.94p is a legal frame rate for 720p video.

Posting samples on YouTube is a bad idea, as they screw with the video before posting it. A pure sample must be posted elsewhere.
Thanks for your reply MrVideo. I meant to type 54.94; sorry for the error.

Do you have any suggestions on what to check when I say that even doing the preview of that extra, with the included MPC, displays the video at almost double speed? Even before talking about any encoding!

What (codec?) is MPC using to play this extra that might be failing and making it play almost double-speed; same results as encoding with BD-Rebuilder, but other players, such as VLC, play it fine?
Timmy256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2022, 08:44   #31144  |  Link
MrVideo

Quote:
Do you have any suggestions on what to check when I say that even doing the preview of that extra, with the included MPC, displays the video at almost double speed? Even before talking about any encoding!
I've downloaded the BD (for testing purposes) and took a look at the extra with MediaInfo. The H.264 video is 720p29.97. That frame rate is not Blu-ray legal. They get around the issue by marking it: Frame Mode = Frame Doubling.
Quote:
What (codec?) is MPC using to play this extra that might be failing and making it play almost double-speed; same results as encoding with BD-Rebuilder, but other players, such as VLC, play it fine?
My guess is that MPC has a bug and doesn't handle frame doubling correctly. It is supposed to output the video @ 59.94 (repeat each frame), but the audio is to be kept @ 29.97.

I do not know what BDRB will do with that. I can't test BDRB at the moment, since I have a project running.

Haul it into BDRB and see what happens. If is ends up speeding up the video, jdobbs will have something to work with.
Old 30th January 2022, 08:52   #31145  |  Link
MrVideo

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonca View Post
I do all my video compression first (usually)
By letting BDRB ultimately do the re-encoding means that the multiple videos that will be placed on a BD25 will fit.

Keep in mind, if there is DD+ audio, while DBRB is recoding a video, you will have to rename the *.ec3 audio stream to *ac3. If you don't, when it comes time to mux the streams, BDRB will fail because it can't find the AC3 file. If you forget, or don't get to it in time, just rename the file and hit Backup and continue.
Old 30th January 2022, 11:33   #31146  |  Link
Timmy256

Quote:
I've downloaded the BD (for testing purposes) and took a look at the extra with MediaInfo. The H.264 video is 720p29.97. That frame rate is not Blu-ray legal. They get around the issue by marking it: Frame Mode = Frame Doubling.

My guess is that MPC has a bug and doesn't handle frame doubling correctly. It is supposed to output the video @ 59.94 (repeat each frame), but the audio is to be kept @ 29.97.

I do not know what BDRB will do with that. I can't test BDRB at the moment, since I have a project running.

Haul it into BDRB and see what happens. If is ends up speeding up the video, jdobbs will have something to work with.
Wow, thanks for going the extra mile and actually downloading the release to test!

Putting it through BD Rebuilder encoding ends up with the file sped up; exactly the same as the preview you mentioned (like this: https://youtu.be/QAoe__M8kOI). I actually found out after a lot of testing that MPC was also previewing the file in the same way (I though it was a BDRB encoding problem only, as VLC was playing the media correctly).

Thanks again MrVideo; looking forward to jdobbs comments on this.
Old 30th January 2022, 12:13   #31147  |  Link
MrVideo

Quote:
VLC was playing the media correctly.
You're welcome. I suspect that VLC is ignoring the flag setting.
Old 30th January 2022, 21:08   #31148  |  Link
jdobbs

Nvenccre

I've fixed several issues in NVENCCRE associated with reencoding audio. You can download the updated version at this link.
Old 31st January 2022, 17:54   #31149  |  Link
Emulgator
Big Bit Savings Now !

Maybe x264 framerate flagging related, not necessarily BD-RB:
Just had to restore some 25p .MTS assets to 50p, reencoded, remuxed and reintroduced them into an old Vegas Pro 14 project.
Vegas sees these now as 100fps and plays each frame 10ms followed by a framerepeat, Mediainfo sees them as 50fps.
My h264info is dead now, so maybe sombody else has confirmed it better ?
Old 1st February 2022, 07:20   #31150  |  Link
Timmy256

Quote:
I've fixed several issues in NVENCCRE associated with reencoding audio. You can download the updated version at this link.
Thanks jdobbs. I downloaded the file, but what am I supposed to do with it? I thought about replacing a built-in version that, perhaps, you include with BD-Rebuilder, but the closest file I found was NVEncC.exe, so they are not the same.

I’m sorry I’m not a video expert as you guys; I’m just a “n00b” that wanted to convert that Glitch in the Matrix movie. It was the first time I wanted to do a conversion, the first time I’ve found your tool and the first time I was looking forward to be able to burn a Blu-Ray back. What a luck… first time and it doesn’t work because some flagging / non-compliant attributes that sound like gibberish to me...

Thanks again for your help.
Old 2nd February 2022, 01:53   #31151  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Thanks jdobbs. I downloaded the file, but what am I supposed to do with it? I thought about replacing a built-in version that, perhaps, you include with BD-Rebuilder, but the closest file I found was NVEncC.exe, so they are not the same.

I’m sorry I’m not a video expert as you guys; I’m just a “n00b” that wanted to convert that Glitch in the Matrix movie. It was the first time I wanted to do a conversion, the first time I’ve found your tool and the first time I was looking forward to be able to burn a Blu-Ray back. What a luck… first time and it doesn’t work because some flagging / non-compliant attributes that sound like gibberish to me...

Thanks again for your help.
That software is meant only for folks who have an NVIDIA video card that supports encoding. It isn't included as a part of BD Rebuilder (yet). This version was updated to specifically address issues reported by Mark_Venture in this post.

If you have one of the appropriate video cards, you just put NVENCCRE.EXE into the BD-RB folder. During execution it accesses some of the programs in the TOOLS folder.

Last edited by jdobbs; 2nd February 2022 at 01:56.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2022, 04:14   #31152  |  Link
Timmy256

Quote:
That software is meant only for folks who have an NVIDIA video card that supports encoding. It isn't included as a part of BD Rebuilder (yet). This version was updated to specifically address issues reported by Mark_Venture in this post.

If you have one of the appropriate video cards, you just put NVENCCRE.EXE into the BD-RB folder. During execution it accesses some of the programs in the TOOLS folder.
Oh, sorry, I though you were talking about my issue.

Did you get a chance to take a look at my report and MrVideo’s diagnosis of what the problem is?

Thanks again.
Old 2nd February 2022, 16:49   #31153  |  Link
Mark_Venture

Quote:
I've re-tried those two movies using this version and it works! Thank you!!

I know see
Code:
--audio-copy 1 --audio-copy 2 --audio-copy 3
for each audio stream, matching what is in the source, in the lastcmd.txt file.

I appreciate the quick fix!!
Mark_Venture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2022, 12:54   #31154  |  Link
MrVideo

It is my understanding that if a font is not found, BDRB will fall back to a default font. I did a project where the font was not found and the menu screen had no text. The menu still worked, even though I couldn't see anything.
Old 5th February 2022, 13:27   #31155  |  Link
MrVideo

Currently the menu in 1080p. Any thought to changing the menu to 2160p?

The reason is projector switching (might affect TVs/monitors as well). When going from 1080p, which the projector upconverts, to 2160p, it has to change modes to handle the native resolution. That results in a black display until the mode change completes.

Not a must, but a nice-to-have.
Old 5th February 2022, 21:36   #31156  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Currently the menu in 1080p. Any thought to changing the menu to 2160p?

The reason is projector switching (might affect TVs/monitors as well). When going from 1080p, which the projector upconverts, to 2160p, it has to change modes to handle the native resolution. That results in a black display until the mode change completes.

Not a must, but a nice-to-have.
Not sure how much work that would be as I haven't looked at it. I'm mainly worried about adjustments for screen placement etc -- but I'll check it out and see.

Last edited by jdobbs; 5th February 2022 at 21:39.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2022, 10:02   #31157  |  Link
Timmy256

Hi jdobbs,

Do you have any comments on what (if) I can try anything to try to make me previous reported conversion working successfully?

Thanks?
Old 7th February 2022, 16:48   #31158  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Hi jdobbs,

Do you have any comments on what (if) I can try anything to try to make me previous reported conversion working successfully?

Thanks?
Sorry, but no. BD-RB relies on the MPLS and CLPI to be correct. So when it sees 59.94 as the framerate, it assumes that to be correct. My guess is that either NVENCC (if you are using it) or AVISYNTH (if you are using x264) are misinterpreting the framerate during reencode due to the frame doubling.

BTW. You asked why, when you change one stream, others change. That means they are linked and playback as a part of a single playlist. So if one changes (for example removing an audio stream) they all have to change. The * next to the stream in the streams list indicates it is a component of a multipart playlist.

This issue probably requires that I get my hands on the original to do any serious testing.
Old 8th February 2022, 00:05   #31159  |  Link
Timmy256

Quote:
Sorry, but no. BD-RB relies on the MPLS and CLPI to be correct. So when it sees 59.94 as the framerate, it assumes that to be correct. My guess is that either NVENCC (if you are using it) or AVISYNTH (if you are using x264) are misinterpreting the framerate during reencode due to the frame doubling.

BTW. You asked why, when you change one stream, others change. That means they are linked and playback as a part of a single playlist. So if one changes (for example removing an audio stream) they all have to change. The * next to the stream in the streams list indicates it is a component of a multipart playlist.

This issue probably requires that I get my hands on the original to do any serious testing.
Thanks for your reply jdobbs.

If you want, I can upload the offending file (extra - 00010.m2ts) and share it with you through a link. It’s around 2 GB.

Would that be OK for you to be able to troubleshoot what’s going on? As I said before it puzzles me that Media Player Classic plays it wrong, VLC plays it correctly and other conversion tools, like DVDFab, are able to convert it correctly.

Thanks.

[Link removed]

Last edited by jdobbs; 8th February 2022 at 00:52.
Old 8th February 2022, 00:52   #31160  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Thanks for your reply jdobbs.

If you want, I can upload the offending file (extra - 00010.m2ts) and share it with you through a link. It’s around 2 GB.

Would that be OK for you to be able to troubleshoot what’s going on? As I said before it puzzles me that Media Player Classic plays it wrong, VLC plays it correctly and other conversion tools, like DVDFab, are able to convert it correctly.

Thanks.

[Link deleted]
I believe the link you posted may be copyrighted material, so I've deleted the reference. Please review Rule 6. I'm taking into consideration that you are new to the forum, so I am not issuing a strike. But please review the rules so this forum isn't made in any way liable or questionable.