Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 9th May 2018, 03:08   #11  |  Link
burt123

Quote:
Originally Posted by byteshare View Post
Would there be a way to start a second job while one is finishing?
For example I have 4 servers. when down to the last two chunks the idle servers could start the next job.
That could be a great addition/change, if you have several encodes queued up, and they're 4K for example, the last junk or 2 take "forever" to complete...then it has to do it's thing before starting the next one...many hours could be saved, if this could be implemented.

There could be up to 15 servers, not doing anything....such a waste

Quote:
Originally Posted by byteshare View Post
would also help in those rare cases that a server gets stuck starting a job and I come back to see my servers idle for 12 hours with only 1 chunk trying to start "Encoding..."
And I'm glad that someone else is having this problem, too. This happens way too often, and like byteshare said, if you're not "watching/checking" it every so often, it can be stalled for hours...I used to queue many job to do overnight, but not anymore, there's nothing more frustrating to check it the next day, only to find that it stalled not long after you went to bed
burt123 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
264, 265, appletv, avchd, bluray, gui, iphone, ipod, ps3, psp, ripbot264, x264 2-pass, x264 gui, x264_64, x265, xbox360