Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Old 22nd January 2010, 17:47   #6741  |  Link
pacaveli211

what do you intend to do with the audio track
pacaveli211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2010, 18:02   #6742  |  Link
consultant

@Atak

Did you look at that 50M sample to see why it isn't recognizing the PCM audio?

Suggestion: In the audio track dropdown, if would be great if you could list the audio specs instead of the filename. On my system I can't see the whole filename, gets chopped off, but I can see enough that I have to go look in the temp directory and play the audio track to see what exactly the specs are for it. Example of what I'm talking about: "DTS 5.1 768kbit"
consultant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2010, 21:33   #6743  |  Link
miahallen

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneaker_ger View Post
Open the video file in RipBot, click on "properties", "show script" and add "video=turnleft(video)" or "video=turnright(video)" before "return video".
Works like a charm...thanks a bunch
Old 22nd January 2010, 22:20   #6744  |  Link
oo_void
/dev/null

Quote:
Originally Posted by chane2k1 View Post
DTSHD-MA Problem here, its a 6.1 track from X-men The last stand. after the track is demuxed and converted to pcm its slowed down and has static present. i get the same result regardless of me using the 5.1 downmix option or leaving it alone. i have arcsoft installed and i havent had trouble with any of my other DTSHD-MA tracks. Anyone have any suggestions?
Same problem here ... But to be specific, it was labeled as a DTS-ES track (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DTS_(sound_system)#DTS-ES) -- It's a 6.1 / 7.1 format that I haven't seen very often. I think The Lord of the Rings extended DVD's also uses it, but it's not very popular. After futzing around with what RipBot had to offer to no success (FLAC, Aften), I just ending up stripping the corrupt audio stream from the RipBot MKV container and replaced it with the results of the initial demux operation found in the jobs folder. After that, the movie and audio plays back fine with an ffdshow based filter chain. My $.02 is this is probably an edge case for the underlying tools.

Last edited by oo_void; 22nd January 2010 at 23:20. Reason: spelin
oo_void is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2010, 22:31   #6745  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Quote:
Did you look at that 50M sample to see why it isn't recognizing the PCM audio?
Look here http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...28#post1366528

Quote:
Suggestion: In the audio track dropdown, if would be great if you could list the audio specs instead of the filename. On my system I can't see the whole filename, gets chopped off, but I can see enough that I have to go look in the temp directory and play the audio track to see what exactly the specs are for it. Example of what I'm talking about: "DTS 5.1 768kbit"
Why do you need that? DTS icon + number of channels is not enough?
Atak_Snajpera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2010, 00:53   #6746  |  Link
Lighto
The Black Reaper

This is sort of a newbie question, not sure if this is the right place to ask.
When converting some youtube videos, the output tend to have squarish block during dark scene taken in the night.
How can I improve the output?
Edit: It plays okay on MPC but when I play it on my PSP, the block appears.

Last edited by Lighto; 23rd January 2010 at 12:56.
Lighto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2010, 01:12   #6747  |  Link
J33pman

Thanks! I feel like a little bit of a dope now... Well what do you expect from a BD n00b?
J33pman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2010, 02:19   #6748  |  Link
chane2k1

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacaveli211 View Post
what do you intend to do with the audio track
i just want to convert it to 640 ac3 but it seems that eac3 converts it to pcm during the demuxing process and the result audio is slowed down and has static which is then encoded to ac3 with the problems from the pcm file. it's definitely dtshd 6.1 not a dts es file. this is straight from the blu-ray.
Old 23rd January 2010, 05:08   #6749  |  Link
pacaveli211

Quote:
Originally Posted by chane2k1 View Post
i just want to convert it to 640 ac3 but it seems that eac3 converts it to pcm during the demuxing process and the result audio is slowed down and has static which is then encoded to ac3 with the problems from the pcm file. it's definitely dtshd 6.1 not a dts es file. this is straight from the blu-ray.
you could try demuxing the audio track and then adding it to the job separately. if that doesn't work you might want to consider demuxing it with tsmuxer and using the option to "Downconvert HD Audio", and then once again adding it. not really a solution but might be an easy work around for ya
pacaveli211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2010, 16:37   #6750  |  Link
chane2k1

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacaveli211 View Post
you could try demuxing the audio track and then adding it to the job separately. if that doesn't work you might want to consider demuxing it with tsmuxer and using the option to "Downconvert HD Audio", and then once again adding it. not really a solution but might be an easy work around for ya
i guess ill have to go that route and just mux in the dts core stream. does anyone know if its a bug with eac3to or the arcsoft decoder. i like making the 640kbps ac3 from lossless files but theres no way im going from a dts lossy core track to another lossy format.
Old 23rd January 2010, 17:04   #6751  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Try to remux your BD movie with TSmuxer without downconverting DTS audio. Import remuxed file again in ripbot264.
Old 23rd January 2010, 18:51   #6752  |  Link
dirk362

Feature Request
More options around audio profiles.
Audio profiles as text files, and users can create/edit/customise as they wish, similar to Encoder profiles for Video.
Or alternatively an option to specify XCOPY, CBR or VBR, and (if not XCOPY) then Audio Encoder from drop down, and then lastly bitrate another drop down of say 32, 48, 64, 128, 256, 384, 448, 640, 1536.
Clearly would need to take into account source audio type etc

For the main video work I put through RipBot264, I only need basic audio. At present I edit the job1_EncodeAudio.cmd to adjust down from say 65536 to 49152.
But it means I have to also go and adjust the x264 parameters with 2-pass to take this into account and increase video bitrate accordingly.

Of course, this is just my own need - no idea how many others would find this useful...
And I can work around this, so just asking on the chance this is easy-ish to accomplish (it's probably not at all, and I'm totally naive to think it can be easily done)
dirk362 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2010, 19:08   #6753  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Quote:
For the main video work I put through RipBot264, I only need basic audio. At present I edit the job1_EncodeAudio.cmd to adjust down from say 65536 to 49152.
Wow! 64 kbps vs 48 kbps. You save only 2 KB/s !!! It does not make sense at all for me.
Old 23rd January 2010, 20:25   #6754  |  Link
Rob2687

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob2687 View Post
When I run this an error shows saying "Failed to get data for 'isWhitelist'.

I've reinstalled matroska splitter, ffdshow and avisynth. The first time I saw this error was with the 1.15.0 version. Version 1.14.0 has worked fine before but it also shows the error when run 1.14.0 now.

After clicking Okay on the error the RipBot window opens. I can't add any videos because it get's stuck at the "Please Wait... Gathering information..." stage. It just sits there while the RipBot process uses no CPU.
Anybody have any idea what the deal is with this?

I've searched the forum and the thread. Someone posted a bunch of registry entries and there was one isWhitelist entry for ffdshow. I've checked my registry and the registry key is there.

I'd like to be able to use this program again.
Rob2687 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2010, 20:49   #6755  |  Link
consultant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atak_Snajpera View Post
Look here http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...28#post1366528

Why do you need that? DTS icon + number of channels is not enough?
I didn't realize the arcs next to the DTS icon represented number of channels.

I've found that DVDFab rips my BDs much faster than MakeMKV for some reason. And RipBot264 can demux the LPCM from the m2ts file. Problem solved.

I've got an mkv that ripbot created but somehow it used the audio from another job. I don't want to have to reencode the video. Any suggestions on how I can just rip the DTS track off the BD so I can remux it with the video in the MKV?
consultant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2010, 21:14   #6756  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

tsmuxer
Old 24th January 2010, 02:00   #6757  |  Link
chane2k1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atak_Snajpera View Post
Try to remux your BD movie with TSmuxer without downconverting DTS audio. Import remuxed file again in ripbot264.
its a bug with the arcsoft decoder and 6.1 dtshd. set eac3to to use the sonic decoder and it processed the stream correctly. sucks that arcsoft cant handle it right. oh well hopefully this helps others with the same problem.
Old 24th January 2010, 06:43   #6758  |  Link
Arbelisk

Trying to convert "Sleepy Hollow" Blu-Ray and it does not give me the option for FLAC conversion. All my other movies do. Anyone experienced this before? Thanks!
Arbelisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2010, 13:49   #6759  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

FLAC is only available for lossless audio! I checked your movie (http://www.blu-raystats.com/Stats/Stats.php) and it has plain DTS audio not DTS-MA!
Old 24th January 2010, 14:04   #6760  |  Link
stasi

Quote:
Originally Posted by harycover View Post
Thanks Atak for the new version : )

My missing features list :

-multiple audio tracks support
-subs support in dvd (vobs)
-a bit more audio options eventually

Thanks again
Sub support for DVD was very useful, I manually extract subs from DVDs with VSRIP. The old AutoMKV uses VSRIP, too (I used AutoMKV before I heard about RIPBOT)
@Atak: Is is possible to add this option?
stasi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
264, 265, appletv, avchd, bluray, gui, iphone, ipod, ps3, psp, ripbot264, x264 2-pass, x264 gui, x264_64, x265, xbox360