Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Decrypting

Old 10th March 2020, 09:13   #1  |  Link
spotter

modifying jar files and resigning them?

so If I have a JAR file in a bluray and I modify it (i.e. replace one of its class files with a modified one). I'd expect it to fail due to how the jar files is signed and this class now failing that test.

My question is, is it possible for me to sign things and make them work?

i.e. I have hdcookbook and i can follow these directions

https://github.com/oliverlietz/bd-j/...rity/README.md

and I can generate a root and app cert and sign the jar, and while this worked to get it to play in VLC on my local machine (where I did the signing, so perhaps the local java accepted the key, but othes wouldnt?), it didn't help to play it on other physical bluray players that I had.

any thoughts on what I should do? do certain settings matter? anything I should be on the look out for?

thanks
spotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2020, 13:44   #2  |  Link
DenisRodman

Re-signing Jar

If you are modifying a jar that you yourself did not create i.e. If you use an original Blu-ray disc, then I recommend using older versions of AnyDVD HD for re-signing. For example, AnyDVD version 6.7.7.0 or 6.7.9.0 or 6.7.3.0. Programs look yourself.

How to use:
1. Edit your class file.
2. Add it to the Jar and replace the original file class.
3. Create an ISO Blu-ray image.
4. Set the settings in AnyDVD HD. Settings - Video Blu-ray - set flags Enable Blu-ray Support, Disable BD-Live, Remove Blu-ray Region Code and select a region that is set your Blu-ray. If the Blu-ray does not have a region, then install any such as A.
5. Mount the ISO image in a virtual drive.
6. AnyDVD itself will see a new Blu-ray and begin scanning.
7. To make sure that the re-signing has passed for this, see the Settings - Status, select your drive and see the message should be the next line "Blu-ray Java signatures fixed!"
8. Copy the Blu-ray to your HDD. Rip Video Disc to Harddisk...
DenisRodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2020, 13:59   #3  |  Link
spotter

that's using anydvd to do the job (which i guess could conceptually solve the problem), I'm trying to learn how to do it on my own and not rely on it. For instance, a total linux workflow.
Old 10th March 2020, 14:57   #4  |  Link
Emulgator
Big Bit Savings Now !

Thanks DenisRodman !
Old 11th March 2020, 18:50   #5  |  Link
spotter

realized that the above also won't help for UHD, I believe those old version of anydvd will not know what to do with them as standards have changed.