Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Subtitles
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 17th March 2014, 20:19   #141  |  Link
Music Fan

Probably ;
défaite : ok
tes : ko (seen as "les")
Astonishing because in both cases, the t is followed by a e.
I don't know if a dictionary is used during OCR, if yes I understand that défaite is not seen as défaile because défaile does not exist in french, while les and tes both exist.
Music Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2014, 09:27   #142  |  Link
von Suppé

Nikse555, is it much work to make SE be able to remember, and preferably save and load settings in the SUP export window? It doesn't seem to remember all the settings, even within the same session. At least framerate and shadow alpha channel are defaulted back every time.
von Suppé is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2014, 07:44   #143  |  Link
minhjirachi

The function: "Export BDN XML/PNG" doesn't save the setting. So please fix it's problem.
Thank you so much.
minhjirachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2014, 13:46   #144  |  Link
Nikse555

Sorry, I cannot change a lot about how Tesseract works - for more info about Tesseract go here: https://code.google.com/p/tesseract-ocr/

I'll try to make SE remember all values from export in next version...

SE 3.3.15 is out - sub/idx files created by SE should now work in handbrake + gpac/mp4box - thx Ryan for fixing this (added an extra byte of value 255 in image data
Nikse555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2014, 08:01   #145  |  Link
von Suppé

Thanks Nikse555, much appreciated
Old 14th April 2014, 08:29   #146  |  Link
Ghitulescu

To make it as close to perfection as it may be, it may also remember the position of the DVB subtitles (by default in the middle). Sometimes the subtitles are placed under the character that speaks, to help better identifying it. Others use different colours.
Thanks
Old 19th April 2014, 00:12   #147  |  Link
dsmbr

Windows 8.1 (x64) - German
Subtitle Edit 3.3.15 (NET4) --->

1) NET 2-3.5 crashed on starting OCR via Tesseract, I had to switch to the NET4-version. Doesn't make any sense since all .NET-versions are included in Windows 8.1

2) Error on using OCR via image compare.

Quote:
System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Ein Teil des Pfades "C:\Users\myusername\AppData\Roaming\Subtitle Edit\Ocr\German_Images.db" konnte nicht gefunden werden.
bei System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
bei System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
bei System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
bei System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode)
bei Nikse.SubtitleEdit.Forms.VobSubOcr.SaveCompareItem(NikseBitmap newTarget, String text, Boolean isItalic, Int32 expandCount)
bei Nikse.SubtitleEdit.Forms.VobSubOcr.SplitAndOcrBitmapNormal(Bitmap bitmap, Int32 listViewIndex)
bei Nikse.SubtitleEdit.Forms.VobSubOcr.MainLoop(Int32 max, Int32 i)
bei Nikse.SubtitleEdit.Forms.VobSubOcr.mainOcrTimer_Tick(Object sender, EventArgs e)
bei Nikse.SubtitleEdit.Forms.VobSubOcr.ButtonStartOcrClick(Object sender, EventArgs e)
bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
bei System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
bei System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
bei System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
bei System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
bei System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
I had to create this missing file manually.

3) Installed German dictorary, started OCR via Tesseract -> error

Quote:
System.NullReferenceException: Der Objektverweis wurde nicht auf eine Objektinstanz festgelegt.
bei Nikse.SubtitleEdit.Forms.VobSubOcr.OcrViaTesseract(Bitmap bitmap, Int32 index)
bei Nikse.SubtitleEdit.Forms.VobSubOcr.MainLoop(Int32 max, Int32 i)
bei Nikse.SubtitleEdit.Forms.VobSubOcr.mainOcrTimer_Tick(Object sender, EventArgs e)
bei Nikse.SubtitleEdit.Forms.VobSubOcr.ButtonStartOcrClick(Object sender, EventArgs e)
bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
bei System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
bei System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
bei System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
bei System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
bei System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Last edited by dsmbr; 19th April 2014 at 00:18.
dsmbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2014, 17:59   #148  |  Link
Nikse555

Hi guys,

The "OCR via image compare" is surely broken in SE 3.3.15... sorry about that. I was working on better image->letter splitter + more compact/faster file format.

The Tesseract should still work though... just don't install Tesseract via the installer: http://www.nikse.dk/SubtitleEdit/Help#issues
Tesseract should not have anything to do with the .net framework - and win 8 strangely only included .net framework 4.5 last I checked.
(programs compiled to .net framework 2.0 works on machines with .net framework 2-3.5, programs compiled with .net 4 works on machines with .net framework 4-45 - but perhaps .net programs can compile to native soon: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-US/vstudio/dn642499.aspx )
Old 30th April 2014, 07:00   #149  |  Link
von Suppé

SUP output not consistent

Hi Nikse555

I encountered playback issues in MPC-HC with SUP files in mkv container. Within the same sup, some lines are displayed, others not. Now, discarding if MPC-HC has some subtitle issues or not, doing some testing I did find that the SUP output of SE is not consistent.

I exported an srt file as SUP several times - with exactly the same export settings of course. The output files show different hash-check numbers. Now, I do not know if this has something to do with the problems in MPC-HC.
I checked several same outputs of EasySUP and GoSUP and all SUP files show the same hash-check numbers.

VLC and my Dune mediaplayer play SE created SUPs without problems though. I also used them while authoring blu-ray. The burned disks play fine; no subtitle problems.

Any thoughts, please?

Thanks in advance
Old 13th May 2014, 14:07   #150  |  Link
Betsy25

Hi Nikse,

- perhaps this asks for a lot of code, but is some kind of "export/import settings" option on the agenda ?

- Another problem, using Dutch subtitles, the "Fix common errors..." (Fix common OCR errors) capitalizes instances where a line starts with 't (dutch abbrev. of the English word It), Example :

Code:
't Is geen rugzaktoerist, hè?
't Was alsof ik voor 'n afgrond stond.
get replaced by...
Code:
'T Is geen rugzaktoerist, hè?
'T Was alsof ik voor 'n afgrond stond.
(when dutch language, 't abbrevs always are lowercase. When happening at the start of a sentence, the next following word must be capitalized)

Last edited by Betsy25; 13th May 2014 at 14:27.
Betsy25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2014, 15:16   #151  |  Link
Ghitulescu

I remember a strange behaviour of SE 3.3.13

when loading a .M2TS file with another ending, as it comes from the receiver, it yields an error message that the file is too big.
however, should I replace the ending of thet file with .TS it works as intended.
Old 16th May 2014, 13:25   #152  |  Link
Betsy25

Some more dutch abbrevs.

Doh, Sorry for the incompleteness Nikse,

For dutch language, the same (as 2 posts above) is actually true for the following conditions (same rules apply as for 't abbrevs at start of sentence)

'k : (abbrev. for "Ik" (in English : "I" ) Example : 'k Heb = I have
'm : (special abbrev. for "Hij" (in English : "He" ) Example : 'm Heeft = He has
'n : (abbrev. for "Een" (in English : "An" ) Example : 'n Appel = An apple
'r : abbrev. for "Haar" (in English : "Her" ) Example : 'r Haar = Her hair

That's all, no other special abbrevs. exist in dutch language

Last edited by Betsy25; 16th May 2014 at 22:01.
Old 17th May 2014, 20:41   #153  |  Link
jmartinr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsy25 View Post
Doh, Sorry for the incompleteness Nikse,

For dutch language, the same (as 2 posts above) is actually true for the following conditions (same rules apply as for 't abbrevs at start of sentence)

'k : (abbrev. for "Ik" (in English : "I" ) Example : 'k Heb = I have
'm : (special abbrev. for "Hij" (in English : "He" ) Example : 'm Heeft = He has
'n : (abbrev. for "Een" (in English : "An" ) Example : 'n Appel = An apple
'r : abbrev. for "Haar" (in English : "Her" ) Example : 'r Haar = Her hair

That's all, no other special abbrevs. exist in dutch language
And of course:
's Avonds
Old 17th May 2014, 22:37   #154  |  Link
Betsy25

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmartinr View Post
And of course:
's Avonds
Yep, but Nikolaj already took care of it also !

Last edited by Betsy25; 17th May 2014 at 22:54.
Old 19th May 2014, 14:32   #155  |  Link
jsa

Roaming profile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikse555 View Post
Latest version of SE (installer version only) uses the roaming profile.
I only rarely update my installation (why update when it works so well), so I just recently experienced this. My installation, which is NOT from the installer, but copied from the portable zip, also now uses roaming profiles. Any possibility of adding the option of a truly portable setup again, using only files/folders in the installation directory?

I like having parallel installations, in case a new install breaks something, and after installing 3.3.15 (from zip), I cannot start my 3.3.14 installation (image OCR is broken in 3.3.15). 3.3.14 barfs on the 3.3.15 config file. See attachment.
Attached Images

jsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2014, 00:04   #156  |  Link
mood

@Nikse555

what differentiates choose "Box for each line" or "one box" on border style?

I see no distinction when export, I have black box in all xml/png regardless of which option I choose.

It was nice to see that too in vobsub export option

But I think it is better to add this option as an option in the context menu as a tag like italic or bold tag and then when export read this tag and apply the style like italic or bold do when export.

Last edited by mood; 27th May 2014 at 00:23.
mood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2014, 18:05   #157  |  Link
Nikse555

@jsa: SE portable should not use the roaming profile... unless you install it under "Program files".

@mood: "Box for each line" makes a box behind each lines where "One box" just makes one box - you can only tell the difference if you have multiple lines.
OK, I've added "One box" for vobsub too.
It's always been possible to make boxing via SSA/ASS for single lines, but I've added it in the context menu for the list view too (right click in the list view in the export window).
thx for testing

Compile it from Github or try latest beta here: http://www.nikse.dk/SubtitleEdit.zip
Old 27th May 2014, 22:15   #158  |  Link
mood

Quote:
@jsa: SE portable should not use the roaming profile... unless you install it under "Program files".

@mood: "Box for each line" makes a box behind each lines where "One box" just makes one box - you can only tell the difference if you have multiple lines.
OK, I've added "One box" for vobsub too.
It's always been possible to make boxing via SSA/ASS for single lines, but I've added it in the context menu for the list view too (right click in the list view in the export window).
thx for testing

Compile it from Github or try latest beta here: http://www.nikse.dk/SubtitleEdit.zip
I have tested but when export not export the box.

If you select other line in list view the "one box" disappears even still the tag <BoxSingleLine> and not see the box in exported sub.

when I say add this to context menu a mean in main list view and not in list view on export window.

adding this to the list view of export window it is not practical

Last edited by mood; 27th May 2014 at 22:17.
mood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2014, 15:18   #159  |  Link
jsa

Quote:
I originally copied the file structure from the zip file to:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Utils\SubtitleEdit\3.3.15\
This is under 'program files', but not where a normal install would place it. This used to work with local settings, but does not any more.

I tried moving the folder to a different place (not under 'program files'), and now a local settings.xml file is used.
jsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2014, 09:31   #160  |  Link
minhjirachi

I have a little problem when export the subtitle. When I watch the movie (Avatar) with .srt subtitle file, it match at all period. But when I export the subtitle to .sup or xml/png to muxing in Scenarist, the subtitle not match anymore. At the beginning of the movie, it's match. At the middle, the subtitle was late about 1s. And at the end of the movie, the subtitle was late about 3s or 4s.

So please fix that problem.

P/S: the subtitle edit still not save the configuration in export xml/png mode. I will try the latest version and report later.
minhjirachi is offline   Reply With Quote