Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring

Old 20th April 2014, 20:35   #7841  |  Link
DoctorM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Music Fan View Post
I don't know if there is a simple solution but here is something you could try (not sure it will work) : export your project twice ;
-the first with all chapters
-the second with nearly all chapters (all except the last for each title).
Then, mix both projects :
-keep the titles and mpls files with all chapters from the first export
-keep the menus with nearly all chapters from the second export.
Good idea thanks.
DoctorM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2014, 12:30   #7842  |  Link
Music Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorM View Post
Good idea thanks.
You're welcome. If you try this, please let us know if it works.
Music Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2014, 22:05   #7843  |  Link
DoctorM

Will do. I just skipped the chapter menus on this project because I wanted to finish.
Old 25th April 2014, 00:51   #7844  |  Link
DoctorM

Attempting my first use of multiAVCHD's transcoder right now. I'm surprised to see the maxrate set to 20000 and vbvbuffer 25000.

My target is 23800 making it higher than the vbv_maxrate. What gives? Is there someplace to tweak this so it gives maxrate/bufsize of the BD standard of 40k/30k?

Edit 2: Researching this, the best settings for BD compliant/compatibility would probably be: HQ (a tweaked version of --preset slow, any more is a bit extreme), 4 Ref Frames, 3 B Frames, Level 4.1 and UNtick Long GOP (unless you are compressing to a very small size(?)).

I'm open to further suggestions. The Long GOP option seems a bit vague.

Edit 3: Attempted again with Level 4.1 which gives vbv_maxrate=24000 vbv_bufsize=30000. At least the maxrate is larger than the target, but what gives?

Edit 4: Okay, here is a work around.
Under settings there is a section for x264.
Fill in those lines with: --bluray-compat --open-gop --slices 4 --vbv-bufsize 30000 --vbv-maxrate 40000

This is of course for BD output. You can change as you need to. The lines entered in this section are put at the end of the command line for x264 which makes them supersede any previous ones.
You still need to set the transscode options as in Edit 2 above.

For AVCHD (BD5 and BD9) use: --bluray-compat --open-gop --slices 4 --vbv-bufsize 14000 --vbv-maxrate 14000
Use a lower maxrate if you have more than one audio track.

Happy encoding.

Last edited by DoctorM; 26th April 2014 at 17:02.
Old 27th April 2014, 21:50   #7845  |  Link
DoctorM

A heads up for a weirdness I saw though. The source audio track was DD 5.1 @ 640kbps. Even though no settings were set to encode the audio either under the title properties or the "Subtitles and Audio" tab, it got butchered down to 128kbps. Eek.
Will just reprocess swapping the track, but it was definitely unexpected.
Old 27th April 2014, 21:59   #7846  |  Link
QBhd
QB the Slayer

I actually never liked encoding with MultiAVCHD... I personally just encoded in MeGUI and then added the AVCHD folders tsMuxer creates. It is more work, but at least you have more control over every step.

QB
Old 27th April 2014, 23:31   #7847  |  Link
DoctorM

I originally planned manually recoding, but after researching it and finding that in_time, out_time and chapters needed to be manually edited, I decided making multiAVCHD work was easier.

Btw, during my encoding tests, I DID swap out the x264.exe files with the most current ones (a couple years more recent) and found no problems.
Old 1st May 2014, 03:07   #7848  |  Link
buffalofloyd

Quote:
A heads up for a weirdness I saw though. The source audio track was DD 5.1 @ 640kbps. Even though no settings were set to encode the audio either under the title properties or the "Subtitles and Audio" tab, it got butchered down to 128kbps. Eek.
Will just reprocess swapping the track, but it was definitely unexpected.
I've had this happen many many times when creating blu-rays, I wish I remembered what my solution was but I don't think I ever figured it out actually. So, I'm no help really but I feel your pain and you're not alone lol
buffalofloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2014, 18:44   #7849  |  Link
DoctorM

It's funny since it re-encoded the audio when it wasn't supposed to, and the one time I tried to force a re-encode from DTS MA to AC3 640kbps, it wouldn't. I ended up encoding in Eac3to and using multiavchd to mux it.

Btw, a word about the strangeness of discs getting bigger on output I previously reported. It seems to occur in instances where more than one playlist calls the same m2ts asset.
If you make any change to one of the playlists (even if you make the same change to both instances), multiAVCHD will create a duplicate of the m2ts (one for each playlist).

If you DON'T make any changes to the playlists, it might still make a mess. I've seen it turn a series of mpls's that represent individual deleted scenes and a play all to all be identical play all playlists.
I don't know if this is always the case, but the few things I've messed with have done this.

I love this program, but there are still some quirks. Awesome author guy, where are you!?
Old 21st May 2014, 20:51   #7850  |  Link
detroit1

recently, every disc I make with multiavch is not playing on blu-ray players other than my playstation. I have OPPO 103, I tried on a Panasonic BD80, also just tried at the store on newer Sony and LG and they will say avchd on the tv screen but then they don't play and you can't eject the disc either until you turn the unit off and on again
this also happened to me with my OPPO 103
I have never seen anything like this before as I have made many many discs using multiavchd. I also uninstalled the program and re-installed but have not used it since re-installling
I burned a Memorex BD-RE , HP DVD +R, TDK +R; all failed when playing on blu-ray players.
all discs work fine on the computers and are recognized right away; also work on my playstion but not anywhere else
detroit1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2014, 12:31   #7851  |  Link
krassle

Quote:
Originally Posted by detroit1 View Post
recently, every disc I make with multiavch is not playing on blu-ray players other than my playstation. I have OPPO 103, I tried on a Panasonic BD80, also just tried at the store on newer Sony and LG and they will say avchd on the tv screen but then they don't play and you can't eject the disc either until you turn the unit off and on again
this also happened to me with my OPPO 103
I have never seen anything like this before as I have made many many discs using multiavchd. I also uninstalled the program and re-installed but have not used it since re-installling
I burned a Memorex BD-RE , HP DVD +R, TDK +R; all failed when playing on blu-ray players.
all discs work fine on the computers and are recognized right away; also work on my playstion but not anywhere else
1. Make sure discs are finalized & UDF format used(ImgBurn normally takes care automatically)
2. Burn contents of the output AVCHD_* directory only, not the directory itself.
3. Try using "AVCHD for optical media" - > "AVCHD(strict)"
4. If no luck try DVD -R disc (not every standalone bdp takes AVCHD format from dvd+r discs)

Good luck.

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 7 mit Tapatalk
krassle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2014, 23:21   #7852  |  Link
DoctorM

Is it possible to merge two BD's in the same manner as DVDRemake where both discs are untouched and a new top menu is added to select which disc to play?
It sounds like something this program should be capable of.
Old 6th June 2014, 07:13   #7853  |  Link
nikknightt

The window size of my interface isn't correct.. Maximized or not the START & STOP buttons can't be seen.. If I try and make the Log Window larger it stretches the LOAD & SAVE buttons and never
displays the buttons on the far right.. How can I fix this? I've tried re-installing.. TIA
nikknightt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2014, 08:10   #7854  |  Link
Ghitulescu

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikknightt View Post
The window size of my interface isn't correct.. Maximized or not the START & STOP buttons can't be seen.. If I try and make the Log Window larger it stretches the LOAD & SAVE buttons and never
displays the buttons on the far right.. How can I fix this? I've tried re-installing.. TIA
Fnts size in windows
Old 6th June 2014, 08:56   #7855  |  Link
nikknightt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghitulescu View Post
Fnts size in windows
I looked at some of the font settings in my Win 7. Didn't see anything that helped.. Changing some of the settings within Multiavchd now..
restored defaults and loaded an old profile I had saved.. It's looking better. Still wondering what got screwed up to change the layout of the Gui.

Last edited by nikknightt; 6th June 2014 at 09:15.
nikknightt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2014, 00:01   #7856  |  Link
xzerst

Instead of using the avchd folder multiavchd create, I navigate to the m2ts video file in the stream folder and load that in TsMuxer to output AVCHD disk (bdmv folder). Then burn the bdmv folder to disc with IMGBurn. As far as multiavchd, I make sure Force H.264 level flag to 4.1 is checked and choose avchd disc for encoding. For audio, I use Aften Ac3 in MeGUI to encode 1536 DTS to 640 ac3. The video play in both Panasonic and LG Blu-ray players. The video automatically plays when you load it. No menus though. I use the skip function on the remote to select chapters. It will even give you the option to resume play from where you left off when you stop play or powered off the blu-ray player. Multiavchd still works well for me in Windows 8.1.
xzerst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2014, 07:08   #7857  |  Link
DoctorM

Ran into an interesting one with a BD where the bonus feature is a direct port from the DVD at 720x480@29.97i mpeg-2.

I stripped some stuff from the disc, leaving the bonus untouched, but the rebuilt output altered the .m2ts properties to say the video was AVC 1080i with a high bitrate and no audio tracks. Playing it back under MPC was fine, but I have no idea what that was about.
I had to recopy from the source files to fix it.
Old 25th June 2014, 18:09   #7858  |  Link
braxxan

multiAVCHD producing no audio

I've been using multiAVCHD for quite some time now and I haven't had this problem before. I think I may have deleted something while running anti-malware or changed something when trying out different audio software.

multiAVCHD is no longer creating audio for some reason with any file I run through it and I cannot figure out why. I've been using multiAVCHD for a couple years without problems and didn't alter any of the settings. I've tested it on 2 computers and it's just this one that I'm having this problem with.

I'm running windows 7. I've uninstalled/reinstalled multiAVCHD, haali, avisynth, ffdshow in their proper order. I've run the multitest tool with no problems. As far as I can tell the settings on multiAVCHD are the same on my old computer that runs it fine. I've run the windows 7 filter tweaker with various settings without success.

The only thing that worked for me was extracting the audio files, converting it to .WAV, remuxing it as an .MKV and then running it through multiAVCHD. But I would rather figure out how to get the program running as it should be.

Would greatly appreciate any ideas on how to correct this!

This is my first time using a forum so if I've done something wrong please feel free to let me know!
braxxan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2014, 15:24   #7859  |  Link
Flanker-B

I can't register to the official support forum so I'll post my question here.

Whenever I try to author a BluRay disc from a mkv file containing trueHD audio track multiAVCHD fails and crashes. I tried extracting the truehd track to thd file, but the same thing happens when I add that external file to my title already added to MultiAVCHD project (removing the internal truehd file). The same thing happens with mkvs containing LPCM audio tracks. Usually I use eac3to to convert the truehd to ac3, but lately eac3to gives out an error "to many audio samples in frame" with truehd tracks.

Is there a way to fix multiAVCHD's trueHD support.
Flanker-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2014, 16:54   #7860  |  Link
Flanker-B

Quote:
Not to beat a dead horse, but seriously? No one has seen a BD imported for reauthoring increase in size?
I've seen it in several occasions in multiavchd. Last time it was that 4k mastered edition of the original Verhoven's RoboCop. I think that it's caused by different playlists for same main movie. (Robocop had 2 playlists for the main movie - one for the version with english audio and other audio languages (except Japanese), and one playlist for version with Japanese audio). I think that this occurs on most multi region releases because the, for some unknown resaon, have separate playlist for Japanese audio version. Movies like that create problems for other software also (like BDrebuilder). I think that "Close Encounters of The Third Kind" might also have this issue because of three different versions of the movie on the same disc.

I still don't know how to solve it except blanking unwanted playlists.
Flanker-B is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
avchd, blu-ray hd-dvd, mkv, multiavchd, re-author