Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Avisynth Development

Closed Thread

Old 19th January 2017, 19:39   #2901  |  Link
LigH
German doom9/Gleitz SuMo

Don't blame MediaFire in the first place. I would suspect a malicious advertizing network (ab)user spreading malware via Flash ads. But with ad blocker and script blocker add-ons in your browser, and regular updates if not even removal of Flash, chances to catch one should be quite low; passing on such security measures is grossly negligent, though (like visiting a brothel without a condom).

New German Gleitz board
MediaFire: x264 | x265 | VPx | AOM | Xvid
Old 19th January 2017, 19:59   #2902  |  Link
StainlessS
HeartlessS Usurer

Also, use anything other than IE as browser. + nice to have eg FlashBlocker as FireFox AddOn, with everything that Ligh said too.
I rarely have any such problems when set up as above.

EDIT: As well as FlashBlock (linked 3 posts below by qyot27), I also have Flash Stopper (one of them dont always work, dont remember
which one):- https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir.../flashstopper/

"Some infinities are bigger than other infinities", but how many of them are infinitely bigger ???

Last edited by StainlessS; 20th January 2017 at 01:17.
Old 19th January 2017, 21:27   #2903  |  Link
gaak

Quote:
Originally Posted by LigH View Post
Don't blame MediaFire in the first place. I would suspect a malicious advertizing network (ab)user spreading malware via Flash ads. But with ad blocker and script blocker add-ons in your browser, and regular updates if not even removal of Flash, chances to catch one should be quite low; passing on such security measures is grossly negligent, though (like visiting a brothel without a condom).
I use Firefox with Adblocker Plus. Script blocker? I'll look for one. But this only happens with mediafi

What happens is when I click on the download button other tabs open connecting to other web pages. I'm sorry if this is off-topic, but I need more specifics like what script blocker? Please PM me if it's more appropriate. I searched add_ons are you talking about a javascript blocker?

Last edited by gaak; 19th January 2017 at 21:52. Reason: Need more info to prevent this.
Old 19th January 2017, 22:08   #2904  |  Link
Sparktank
47.952fps@71.928Hz

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaak View Post
I use Firefox with Adblocker Plus. Script blocker? I'll look for one. But this only happens with mediafi

What happens is when I click on the download button other tabs open connecting to other web pages. I'm sorry if this is off-topic, but I need more specifics like what script blocker? Please PM me if it's more appropriate. I searched add_ons are you talking about a javascript blocker?
You could also try a download manager.

Something like JDownloader can load the link if you copy/paste the link without visiting the site and thus remove the risk of abused ads.
Most ad services have no real control over their own content. The users on MF have even less control over that.

uBlock Origin is a good alternative to AD+, it blocks more things where AD+ sold out to let some ads through for certain sites.
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/fir...ublock-origin/

NoScript is a good script blocker, but requires a lot of maintainence for every site you go to.
It can be tedious for new users. Everything is reversible, but has a huge learning curve.
AMD Ryzen 5 2600 @3.4GHz (6c/12th, I'm on AVX2 now!)
Old 20th January 2017, 00:08   #2905  |  Link
qyot27
...?

The aforementioned Flash blocker:
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir...on/flashblock/
Old 20th January 2017, 04:47   #2906  |  Link
gaak

Thank you all for your suggestions. It's all Installed.
Let's see what happens.
Old 20th January 2017, 15:47   #2907  |  Link
sl1pkn07
Pajas Mentales...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kypec View Post
I guess that uploading binary builds directly on github should be perfectly fine, isn't it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by sl1pkn07 View Post

@printf you can upload the avs+ binaries to github instead of cyberloker?

greetings
;_; (finally I stop feeling like dropout)
Old 20th January 2017, 22:34   #2908  |  Link
StainlessS
HeartlessS Usurer

(finally I stop feeling like dropout)

Nah, you be still a dropout, but, there be other strange people too.

"Some infinities are bigger than other infinities", but how many of them are infinitely bigger ???
Old 21st January 2017, 02:17   #2909  |  Link
MysteryX
Soul Architect

It's kind of a stupid question but... does the AVS+ new features work with INT16, FLOAT16 and/or FLOAT32?
Old 21st January 2017, 09:05   #2910  |  Link
pinterf

No float16. But avisynth plus can provide you this f16c cpu flag, I included it in the list.
One remark: if you support 16 bit integer, that means your plugin should supports 10, 12, 14 and 16 bit inputs also. "should" may be a strong word, but let's keep us to this rule in the future.
Old 21st January 2017, 16:17   #2911  |  Link
MysteryX
Soul Architect

Oh... you support 10, 12, 14 and 16 bit? And 32-bit float (if overflow is needed)?

I'm finally starting to slowly take a look at how to add support in AviSynthShader. From 16-bit, it's easy, the data is already 16-bit. Perhaps the components need to be reversed, have to check. But for for 10, 12 and 14 bit, how do I convert? First convert to 16-bit, then convert to Shader format. Easy enough.

What's the function to convert a 10, 12 or 14 bit frame to 16 bit?

And I'm wondering, what's the point of 10-bit data except for input filter? AFAIK you can't calculate 10-bit data unless you convert it to 16-bit. The goal is to save memory space?

Edit: found my answers here

Last edited by MysteryX; 21st January 2017 at 17:45.
Old 21st January 2017, 18:03   #2912  |  Link
pinterf

At 10 bits, you can use faster signed 16 bit integer aritmetic in simd, you don't neccessarily have to convert to 32 bits to avoid overflow.
For 10 bits you can still use lookup tables, as I did it in Tweak for example.
You are not saving memory space, 10 bit format still occupies two bytes, but the full range is 0..1023, 0..4095, 0..16383, etc...
Old 23rd January 2017, 10:01   #2913  |  Link
mcjordan

6> conditional_functions.cpp
6>C:\AviSynthPlus\avs_core\filters\conditional\conditional_functions.cpp(44): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'filters/focus.h': No such file or directory

This break compiling of Avisynth.dll (VS2015 U3). Help?
Old 23rd January 2017, 10:18   #2914  |  Link
pinterf

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcjordan View Post
6> conditional_functions.cpp
6>C:\AviSynthPlus\avs_core\filters\conditional\conditional_functions.cpp(44): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'filters/focus.h': No such file or directory
What happens when you put
#include "../filters/focus.h"
instead of
#include "filters/focus.h"
at the beginning?

In Additional Include directories I have:
C:\Github\AviSynthPlusPf\avs_core\include;C:\Github\AviSynthPlusPf\avs_core;%(AdditionalIncludeDirectories)

and without ../ works for me.
Old 23rd January 2017, 10:36   #2915  |  Link
mcjordan

Work like a charm! Thank you, pinterf!
Мy mistake - apologize for the oversight.
Old 23rd January 2017, 19:34   #2916  |  Link
cork_OS

DirectShowSource from Avisynth+ bundle can't properly open MPEG-1 files. Tried both r2294 and last r2397. FFmpegSource2 works ok.
Old 24th January 2017, 00:30   #2917  |  Link
LigH
German doom9/Gleitz SuMo

That's possibly a general problem with DirectShowSource: It uses DirectShow filters installed in your Windows system, and when anything doesn't work as expected, you'll have to find the reason in your heap of installed DirectShow filters, but not in AviSynth. A tool like GraphStudio(Next) may help, displaying the filter graph which is most probably built. But that's just a first step towards a solution. Finding the optimum of promoted and demoted filters by changing their merits takes a while. Much longer (if successful at all, and not destroying DirectShow completely by accident) than switching to FFMS2 or L-SMASH Works.

All of the above except ... well, maybe DirectShowSource in AviSynth+ is different than the one in legacy AviSynth, and delivers a wrong decoded video format. But then I would expect more video source formats to fail in a similar way, and reliably in the same way.

New German Gleitz board
MediaFire: x264 | x265 | VPx | AOM | Xvid
Old 24th January 2017, 22:18   #2918  |  Link
Dion

Quote:
Originally Posted by cork_OS View Post
DirectShowSource from Avisynth+ bundle can't properly open MPEG-1 files. Tried both r2294 and last r2397. FFmpegSource2 works ok.
DirectShowSource uses whatever your OS codec is setup to use. Use DGIndex ( not free and requires Nvidia ) or FFMS2 ( Free ). They are much better.
Old 25th January 2017, 00:14   #2919  |  Link
wonkey_monkey
Formerly davidh*****

Quote:
Use DGIndex ( not free and requires Nvidia )
That's DGIndexNV (actually one part of DGDecNV), as opposed to DGIndex (part of DGMPGDec, which is free).
Old 25th January 2017, 02:22   #2920  |  Link
videoh
Useful n00b

DGIndex is free and can open MPEG1 files.

DGIndexNV requires nVidia, is not free, and does NOT open MPEG1 files.
Closed Thread