Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 13th September 2010, 14:56   #9501  |  Link
Rumbah

I just noticed a small glitch in the latest version in the gui with audio selection and expanding/collapsing the tree view. It's hard to describe so I just made a small movie:

http://www.load.to/LHtYRfqlH7/Dwm_20...5-35-54-59.mp4
Rumbah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2010, 14:57   #9502  |  Link
Blackwalker

Quote:
If CPU usage is normal at 98%-100% in the second pass, isn't idle priority supposed to allow you to do other things in the mean time while encoding via 2nd pass? It doesn't seem like BD Rebuilder is doing this. I'm on a Quad Core CPU with 8gb of ram and have always had this problem. It's smooth as normal on the 1st pass no matter the priority level set, but on 2nd pass is horrible on any priority level, including idle.

Anyone else having this issue? It would be nice to multitask if this is indeed an issue or have a pause button set so the x264 task is not at 100%.
no problem here using a I7, i'm writing this while encoding, and i'm also downloading, no prob so far!

Question:
is normal that i'm getting only "10.50/10.70 fps" with "2-pass", "Higest" encoding setting and using x264(64bit)
with a I7 3.2Ghz, 6GB Ram Corsair 7-7-7-9 and 2 Velociraptor 300mb Raid-0?

i didnt see any difference using/not using x264(64) bit with 2-pass....
never tryed other encoding settings because i like the best quality.

Did i miss something or its normal??

thx

Last edited by Blackwalker; 13th September 2010 at 15:13.
Blackwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2010, 15:02   #9503  |  Link
geomtchr

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcePuppy View Post
If CPU usage is normal at 98%-100% in the second pass, isn't idle priority supposed to allow you to do other things in the mean time while encoding via 2nd pass? It doesn't seem like BD Rebuilder is doing this. I'm on a Quad Core CPU with 8gb of ram and have always had this problem. It's smooth as normal on the 1st pass no matter the priority level set, but on 2nd pass is horrible on any priority level, including idle.

Anyone else having this issue? It would be nice to multitask if this is indeed an issue or have a pause button set so the x264 task is not at 100%.
With the latest version, I have noticed my system bogging down on pass 2. I use an i7 processor at 8gb ram. There seems to be no change by switching to normal or keeping idle mode. It might be just the 64 bit LAVF decoder taking more ram(?).
geomtchr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2010, 18:28   #9504  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumbah View Post
I just noticed a small glitch in the latest version in the gui with audio selection and expanding/collapsing the tree view. It's hard to describe so I just made a small movie:

http://www.load.to/LHtYRfqlH7/Dwm_20...5-35-54-59.mp4
Nothing has changed there in a long time.
Old 13th September 2010, 18:34   #9505  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Axl View Post
Today I've tried to burn all the ROBIN HOOD disc on a BD-RE 50 Gb rewritable,without reencoding with RD-Reb,1:1 copy.
The disc is playing flawless on my PS3,so it wasn't a bad rip I think.Maybe BD-Reb has some problems with movies with a lot of Movie-Only files?Just asking
The fact that it works doesn't mean it wasn't a bad rip. When you don't have to decode and reencode there are lots of things that could still be wrong. Players are built to be resilient and skip over errors... decoders/encoders can't do that.
Old 13th September 2010, 18:37   #9506  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackwalker View Post
no problem here using a I7, i'm writing this while encoding, and i'm also downloading, no prob so far!

Question:
is normal that i'm getting only "10.50/10.70 fps" with "2-pass", "Higest" encoding setting and using x264(64bit)
with a I7 3.2Ghz, 6GB Ram Corsair 7-7-7-9 and 2 Velociraptor 300mb Raid-0?

i didnt see any difference using/not using x264(64) bit with 2-pass....
never tryed other encoding settings because i like the best quality.

Did i miss something or its normal??

thx
I'm not sure, I rarely run "Highest" -- I would recommend using "High Quality" instead. The quality difference isn't something I can see -- and the speed is considerably better.

I have a Phenom II X4 running at 3.4Ghz, so I should be roughly equivalent to you (probably a little slower) -- I'll run a job at "Highest Quality" and see what I get.

Last edited by jdobbs; 13th September 2010 at 18:40.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2010, 18:47   #9507  |  Link
jdobbs

For those who have donated to BD Rebuilder -- I thank you, please don't feel as if you need to donate again, you've done enough. To those who haven't... it's been a week since I've gotten a donation -- and that one was $5.00. One of three things going have to happen... I kill this project and move on to something new that has better support/interest; I kill the freeware and move to "Professional Edition"; or donations start coming in. I'd prefer the latter.

I like writing this blu-ray software, but I lose interest in a project really fast when it's only popular enough to bring in $5 a week. I feel as if I'm doing my part to bring backups to the masses -- I ask that others share a little of the load too.

Last edited by jdobbs; 13th September 2010 at 18:53.
Old 13th September 2010, 19:23   #9508  |  Link
A.Fenderson

I think maybe some of us were waiting to make our first/next donation when the next major feature (DTS-Express) was added, but obviously none of us had realized that donations had dried up. Thanks for letting us know, and thanks for all of your hard work on this awesome program.
Donation sent.
A.Fenderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2010, 19:28   #9509  |  Link
Blackwalker

Quote:
I'm not sure, I rarely run "Highest" -- I would recommend using "High Quality" instead. The quality difference isn't something I can see -- and the speed is considerably better.

I have a Phenom II X4 running at 3.4Ghz, so I should be roughly equivalent to you (probably a little slower) -- I'll run a job at "Highest Quality" and see what I get.
thx jdobbs, i'll try also your settings and see if the quality is ok!

about this:
Quote:
For those who have donated to BD Rebuilder -- I thank you, please don't feel as if you need to donate again, you've done enough. To those who haven't... it's been a week since I've gotten a donation -- and that one was $5.00. One of three things going have to happen... I kill this project and move on to something new that has better support/interest; I kill the freeware and move to "Professional Edition"; or donations start coming in. I'd prefer the latter.

I like writing this blu-ray software, but I lose interest in a project really fast when it's only popular enough to bring in $5 a week. I feel as if I'm doing my part to bring backups to the masses -- I ask that others share a little of the load too.

Ok,
i believe your is one of the best program from blu-ray encoding i ever used.
I use also RipBot264 but i think your is better!

ps: if you'll make a "Professional Edition" sure i'll buy it!

I'd like to make you a donation! but,sorry, i dont understand a thing:
why the older version of this program dont work after a short period? because they have a timeout? or what?
(other program i have made a little donation never stopped to work, also older version of the same program)
I'm sincere, thats the only reason that stopped me to make a donation, the only reason.

i wanna say it again:
if you'll make a "Professional Edition" sure i'll buy it in just one click!!

Hope that my english was good enough to say what i'd like to say in my native language!!!
Blackwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2010, 23:00   #9510  |  Link
MrT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
No. You don't have to do anything, and it will run fine. It will continue to run the 32 bit version of X264 just like it always did. But... if you want to run the 64 bit version of X264 on a 64 bit Windows, you have to select to use LAVF. If you select to use LAVF on a 32 bit Windows, then you will still use the 32 bit version of X264 but you will use LAVF.
Sorry to quote from an old post.
I put a check mark and enabled "Use x264's internal LAVF for decoding' cause i have 64 bit windows and system, but all it did was change it from 1 pass to 2 pass. Everything else is same (auto quality:good).
I thought the encode process would go faster because it's using the 64 bit version, but instead it just added another pass, and no faster.
system is pretty new i7 930.
Is this the way she's supposed to go?
MrT. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2010, 23:16   #9511  |  Link
Jake802

Things are tight,but I will try to send some money towards the end of the month,beginning of next. Thanks for all your efforts!!
Jake802 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2010, 23:20   #9512  |  Link
stonej01

Quote:
That's not the point... the truth is that I don't trust them for bug reports, and I don't like spending time chasing problems that are the fault of buggy software players. I've done it too many times in the past and it far-too-often ends up being the player.
I dont know what happened, but after a few days after this i tried the conversion again with version 34.07 and the language for BOLT was fluid all the way through. No conversion to spanish at all. still have no idea what happened and i didnt re-rip.
stonej01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2010, 00:13   #9513  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrT. View Post
Sorry to quote from an old post.
I put a check mark and enabled "Use x264's internal LAVF for decoding' cause i have 64 bit windows and system, but all it did was change it from 1 pass to 2 pass. Everything else is same (auto quality:good).
I thought the encode process would go faster because it's using the 64 bit version, but instead it just added another pass, and no faster.
system is pretty new i7 930.
Is this the way she's supposed to go?
The checkmark and LAVF processing doesn't change your selection for passes. They're not connected at all. It is possible, though, that if you have "Automatic Quality" checked and size of a disc you currently processing is larger, it might trigger 2 pass. In that case the pass count would have changed even if you were still using 32 bit mode.

As for whether 64 bit is faster -- it depends on a lot of things and sometimes it is a lot faster, on other rare occasions it may even be slower -- I have no idea what triggers it one way or the other -- and it varies wildly from system to system and source to source. I can only say that on my system the 64 bit is faster.

Last edited by jdobbs; 14th September 2010 at 00:17.
Old 14th September 2010, 00:37   #9514  |  Link
jdobbs

@Blackwalker

I just finished an encode of a VC-1 1080p source using "Highest". I got 29fps on pass one and 6.66fps on pass two. Normally I will get about 14-15fps on pass two in "High Quality" mode.
Old 14th September 2010, 04:04   #9515  |  Link
Rumbah

Quote:
Nothing has changed there in a long time.
I just noticed it and I don't know how long it's been there.
Rumbah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2010, 22:01   #9516  |  Link
RB Newbie

Quote:
I'll see if I can find "Anchorman" and give it a try. Again -- please post your log and INF when posting a bug report. Also -- run INSPECT.EXE. If you ever have sync problems -- there's a high probability a wrong version is in use of one of the helper programs. I've done over a thousand discs (many, many of which are multi-part) and have never had a single out-of-sync result.

I can't help you with your ClownBD problem -- I don't accept bug reports on preprocessed sources.
I've had 3 audio out of sync results. All were ripped using the then current licensed version of AnyDVDHD and done as movie only BD9 at 2 pass highest quality.

The first was Mary and Max which was reported by worknstiff.
http://forum.doom9.org/showpost.php?...postcount=8625

I'm 95% sure the second was "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo".

I also just had the issue on "That Evening Sun".

In all three, the main movie playlist has a short m2ts file that plays before the m2ts containing the movie. BD-RB evidently winds up with a zero length re-encoded audio of this short segment and then adds the re-encoded main movie audio. That results in the main movie audio playing before it should...it starts while the video of the re-encoded video of the first short m2ts file is playing.

In the case of "That Evening Sun", the first m2ts file is the MPAA parental guidance screen and has no audible audio so I was expecting to see the issue before I did the movie.

It would be useful to have the ability to "blank" an m2ts segment in a playlist at least in "movie only" mode where it seems fairly easy to implement. While it would have been useful to work around the audio issue in these three, my main reason for wanting it is to remove annoying header/trailers like the MPAA warning in "That Evening Sun".

BTW, All proper versions of programs installed (Inspect yields all "ok"). Please let me know if you'd like additional information if you decide to look into this issue.

In the first two, I worked around the issue by using Clown_BD to convert just the main movie m2ts into a BluRay structure which I then ran through BD-RB successfully. I lost the chapter marks which was a mild annoyance and realize this approach isn't supported. I would be interested in any methods of editing the playlist to remove m2ts segments from a playlist if anyone is willing to suggest any. I've been dreading running into this issue on a move with dozens of m2ts segments and would like to have something ready to use...

PS Donation sent. I hope you get enough to continue to develop BD-RB.
RB Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2010, 22:36   #9517  |  Link
Persecutor

Seeking to re-encode (on BDREbuilder 34.09) "The Great Raid" and received message "AV frame too large (41215 bytes). Increase AV buffer. Failed to retrieve audio, aborted." How do I increase the AV buffer?
Persecutor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2010, 22:39   #9518  |  Link
jdobbs

I'll check it out. I know I did "The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo" and it didn't have any problems for me. You're doing Movie-Only encodes?

I'll see if I can find "That Evening Sun" locally -- I think I'd like to see it.
Old 14th September 2010, 23:10   #9519  |  Link
RB Newbie

Quote:
I'll check it out. I know I did "The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo" and it didn't have any problems for me. You're doing Movie-Only encodes?

I'll see if I can find "That Evening Sun" locally -- I think I'd like to see it.
As stated, all BD-9 Movie-Only encodes.

I'm pretty sure but not 100% that the second movie that had this issue was "The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo". Did you do a full disc backup? I suspect the issue wouldn't show up there since the audio from different m2ts files isn't merged...if I understand things correctly.

I can try it again to confirm "The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo" if it would help. I suspect you could find the fix with some info on the audio track of the short intro segments causing this issue but I'm not sure what tool to use to provide it. BDInfo and BD-RB just appear to provide a summary of the audio tracks found.
RB Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2010, 23:39   #9520  |  Link
setarip_old

The following is information I provided to someone regarding what seems to be an almost identical situation regarding "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" and BD-Rebuilder:

Quote:
BTW Regarding your specific problem, try loading ONLY the main movie .M2TS file into tsMuxeR and save as a "new" BluRay "package" - and then use it with BD Rebuilder.

This should eliminate the (if I remember correctly) 11 or so seconds of silent "Music Box" beginning before the bird shows up ;>}
setarip_old is offline   Reply With Quote