Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 25th March 2014, 00:10   #19641  |  Link
rusty666

i just did 3d iso to 3d br with sbs option full backup but all it did was a full backup 2d movie with menu not a sbs with menu
rusty666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2014, 00:51   #19642  |  Link
Jackie Treehorn

Catching Fire... perplexed

Quote:
Originally Posted by setarip_old View Post
@Jackie Treehorn

Hi!

Such an apparently mystifying backup problem has been previously noted many times in this thread - and most often, believe it or not, the solution is to do a thorough cleaning of the disc and then perform the backup again...
Cleaned the disk and checked for scratches... same thing: sound throughout the entire movie, video frame gets stuck around halfway. Then I procured another copy of the original movie from a friend... same thing. I'm running out of ideas.

I have noticed two weird properties on the results though: each time I try to re-encode from the same file the frame seems to get stuck in a different location of the movie; and two, the resulting MP4 file size is way too small for a normal BD encode (1GB vs at least 8 normally) depite having sound and a stuck picture the entire movie.

Are these normal results from selecting the wrong playlists? Maybe AnyDVD is providing the wrong playlist?

Thanks for any further suggestions.
Jackie Treehorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2014, 02:14   #19643  |  Link
Ch3vr0n

well bad discs do come in batches. It could be that both of you have a copy of the movie that plays fine but is not fine to rip/shrink
Ch3vr0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2014, 05:13   #19644  |  Link
omegaman7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie Treehorn View Post
Cleaned the disk and checked for scratches... same thing: sound throughout the entire movie, video frame gets stuck around halfway. Then I procured another copy of the original movie from a friend... same thing. I'm running out of ideas.

I have noticed two weird properties on the results though: each time I try to re-encode from the same file the frame seems to get stuck in a different location of the movie; and two, the resulting MP4 file size is way too small for a normal BD encode (1GB vs at least 8 normally) depite having sound and a stuck picture the entire movie.

Are these normal results from selecting the wrong playlists? Maybe AnyDVD is providing the wrong playlist?

Thanks for any further suggestions.
Sounds a lot like a problem I had once upon a time. It was a bad reading drive. I no longer use that drive for ripping discs. I only playback in real time now. I refuse to throw away a working-ish drive
I would get a stuck frame at the exact same spot. Audio would continue. Ripped with a new LG drive, problem gone.
Old 25th March 2014, 05:26   #19645  |  Link
Rileyrott

I Agree!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mparade View Post
For me this means that a tiny bit of donation should be done urgently.
On it's way. Thanks JDobbs! Awesome job, man!
Rileyrott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2014, 05:52   #19646  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rileyrott
Quote:
Originally Posted by mparade View Post
For me this means that a tiny bit of donation should be done urgently.
On it's way. Thanks JDobbs! Awesome job, man!
My thanks to you both. It is very much appreciated.
Old 25th March 2014, 10:42   #19647  |  Link
rusty666

it just did a 2d full fullback of the 3d iso not a sbs full backup?
Old 25th March 2014, 11:18   #19648  |  Link
rusty666

i mean i done a full backup with a 3d iso with sbs option but it came out a 2d full backup
Old 25th March 2014, 14:52   #19649  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharc View Post
Any chance that the Quick-Play reauthoring issue will be fixed with the next release as well?
Not sure. I'm working on it now.
Old 25th March 2014, 17:50   #19650  |  Link
FlipperBizkut

Hello all. I hate to ask again, but I was wondering if anyone else was having problems importing mkv files and re-encoding them to 720p BD5s. I don't believe that it is my system, but it would be nice to know for sure that I'm not crazier than previously thought. Thanks!

As an aside, is there any way to make an older version of BD Rebuilder work again once you get the expired notice from said version?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlipperBizkut View Post
Sorry if this has been mentioned before. I searched, and read, but did not find the issue.

I am using the import function to bring in an mkv. The mkv is encoded at 1080p. I am selecting the option to reduce it to 720p, and using BD5 as the output. I have done this many, many times with 100% success (speaking of, thanks for the excellent program!).

Once the 3D functionality was added to BD Rebuilder though, every time I attempt this conversion, I get an AVCHD with perfect audio, but only a gray screen for the video.

To try to debug this on my own, I re-ran the conversion with an older version of BD Rebuilder (45.05). It worked as expected, and the AVCHD came out fine. Doing it again (exactly the same way) in the newer version (46.07 at the time, and again with 46.14 now) yielded the gray screen result.

I believe that I have tracked the problem down to the new version of tsMuxeR.

I understand that most everyone is working on the new functionality of 3D, and Quick-Play, but I was hoping I could get someone to check out and see if there was a way to fix the previous functionality. I have been using multiAVCHD now for my conversions (which works), but for the vast majority of my needs, BD Rebuilder is the superior program.

Thanks, and thanks again for such a great program.
FlipperBizkut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2014, 18:31   #19651  |  Link
Weirdo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
Sorry. But that is a preprocessed disc. I do not respond to reports on preprocessed discs. There's no way to tell what has happened to the disc before BD-RB encounters it. In my experience virtually all problems reported under these circumstances have gone away when reverting to the original.
Fair enough. I thought since 2-pass mode worked fine this couldn't have been an issue. Keep up the great work.
Weirdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2014, 20:53   #19652  |  Link
Sharc

Quote:
Not sure. I'm working on it now.
No rush; just good to know that you have not deleted it from your agenda. Thanks.
Sharc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2014, 22:17   #19653  |  Link
Jackie Treehorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by omegaman7 View Post
Sounds a lot like a problem I had once upon a time. I would get a stuck frame at the exact same spot. Audio would continue. Ripped with a new LG drive, problem gone.
Ordered a new drive! Hoping that's it... thanks.
Old 26th March 2014, 06:27   #19654  |  Link
AmigaFuture

Quote:
I refuse to throw away a working-ish drive
Yeppers! I've been there, haaahaa! I had a huge collection of drives. Just because a Write Chip stop functioning the Read chip is doing fine... I found that; there is a point to where enough is enough, evolution IS a good thing. Snicker, except for Cinavia. I own some older BD players now. I don't care enough about 3D and all the Netflix and YouTube programs the new players have. My Computer handles all that.

As for the DivX/XviD..mmmm, I hadn't even considered that with all the iPhone, BD, and MKV from BD testing I've been doing.

Which leads into a question...I wondered before. When I ripped my "Hunger Games" (first movie) a while ago, with Menus but (personally selected) Extras blanked, that produced a BD which doesn't have jitters like the original disc. JD, have you...or....is there a way to fix that? I, remember reading on the AnyDVD (HD) fora that it has something to do the the Copy Protection being removed...I Think! It's been a while. Is BD-RB and the new TsMuxer able to, repair (I guess?) that??
I know it affects all movies broken into multi-parts which is why I use MKV for those. It would be sweet to use my disc backup that has the original menus. Thanks.
Old 26th March 2014, 20:39   #19655  |  Link
colinhunt

That feeling when you spend quite a lot of money to upgrade both Xeon CPUs of your current encoding rig... only to realize that your much cheaper rig encodes MVC at 10x the speed of your dual-Xeon, thanks to Intel QuickSync.

;D
colinhunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2014, 23:51   #19656  |  Link
Jackie Treehorn

Quote:
Ordered a new drive! Hoping that's it... thanks.
That was it! Thanks for the heads up... I could have gone crazy trying to figure that out....
Old 28th March 2014, 04:51   #19657  |  Link
omegaman7

Quote:
That was it! Thanks for the heads up... I could have gone crazy trying to figure that out....
Out of curiosity, was it a lite-on drive?

I shouldn't talk though. One of my LG's quit burning reliably, fairly early on. Still reads good though.
Old 28th March 2014, 14:17   #19658  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:

I shouldn't talk though. One of my LG's quit burning reliably, fairly early on. Still reads good though.
I'm on my 3rd LG Drive in the last 3 years. Admittedly there is probably no user who give a drive more stress... but 3 drives? Unfortunately my local choice is limited to LG. On this last one I bought the extended warranty. Best Buy is going to have to buy my next one.
Old 28th March 2014, 16:09   #19659  |  Link
omegaman7

Quote:
I'm on my 3rd LG Drive in the last 3 years. Admittedly there is probably no user who give a drive more stress... but 3 drives? Unfortunately my local choice is limited to LG. On this last one I bought the extended warranty. Best Buy is going to have to buy my next one.
I recall purchasing a warranty on the WH12LS39. It's not showing in the purchase history. But it's been over 2yrs. Perhaps that's why. In any case, I got my moneys worth Oddly, I seem to recall it being a 3yr warranty :S If they were the typical price of a DVD drive, I wouldn't worry about it. But they're not

Oh, I see. I bought the warranty through a third party

Last edited by omegaman7; 28th March 2014 at 16:12.
omegaman7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2014, 18:41   #19660  |  Link
Jackie Treehorn

Quote:
Nah, Pioneer. I too got my $s worth!