Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Old 6th June 2018, 22:00   #6141  |  Link
Zathor

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouieChuckyMerry View Post
It shows: AviSynth 2.60, build:Feb 20 2015 [03:16:45] © 2000-2014 Ben Rudiak-Gould, et al. http://www.avisynth.org
I do not know what is going on there. Could you please check if you do have a avisynth.dll in your MeGUI folder (in the root) when MeGUI is running and this dll is from 2018?
Zathor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2018, 23:07   #6142  |  Link
doomleox999

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zathor View Post
OK, then I misunderstood it. You do not want to select specific streams you want to change the language of exsting streams. This is sadly not possible.
I found a way. You just have to change the default language in MeGUI settings, as simple as that.
doomleox999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2018, 01:50   #6143  |  Link
LouieChuckyMerry

Quote:
I do not know what is going on there. Could you please check if you do have a avisynth.dll in your MeGUI folder (in the root) when MeGUI is running and this dll is from 2018?
There's an AviSynth.dll in the root MeGUI folder and Windows Properties says the "Product name" is "AviSynth+ 0.1 (r2664, MT, i386)" and the "Date modified" is "28 March 18 15:04".
LouieChuckyMerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2018, 03:06   #6144  |  Link
hello_hello

Quote:
It shows: AviSynth 2.60, build:Feb 20 2015 [03:16:45] © 2000-2014 Ben Rudiak-Gould, et al. http://www.avisynth.org
Sorry if that makes me feel a bit better. I suspected it was probably happening to other people, only nobody else had noticed yet.
When I tested old MeGUI versions, it seems the problem was introduced around the time the extra Avisynth info was added to the log file. That may be just co-incidence, but it took me a long time to notice too.

Quote:
I've not experienced any freezing, but perhaps it takes a bit longer to proceed from "waiting" to "processing" lately. It's always taken much longer for LSmash scripts to load-begin processing than FFMS scripts on both my Win 7 64 bit systems, but I prefer it because, for whatever reason, FFMS sometimes "acts up" whereas LSmash doesn't.
Maybe it's because my PC's old and it's a slow script and it's been a while since I encoded any 1080p video, but I don't recall such a large delay time between MeGUI starting encoding and realising it had started encoding. The progress window is really slow to respond to changes in encoding speed, so maybe it's related to that (I wish it was responsive enough to show you sudden changes in encoding speed instead of slow enough to show you something that probably happened 20 minutes ago).

This was what I meant though. 100 frames have been encoded and the job queue still hasn't caught up (job5 running).
I'm using an old XP compatible version of LSmash, but even so, this feels like something new.

PS. I just ran a short encode (100 frames) of the same video, only without any filtering aside from resizing in the script, and when it'd finished encoding the job queue still showed "waiting". When I tried deleting the job from the queue manually, MeGUI found a new excuse to crash.

Last edited by hello_hello; 7th June 2018 at 03:56.
hello_hello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2018, 11:07   #6145  |  Link
hello_hello

Another feature request for Zathor.....

When you select an encoder preset, open the encoder configuration and then change something, upon clicking "okay" MeGUI asks if you'd like to save the changes to the preset. Not having clicked the "Update" button first, I'm usually pretty confident I don't want to save the changes to the preset, so would it be possible to add a "don't ask me again" checkbox to the message window?
The question seems rather redundant to me anyway, given there's an obvious update button for when you do want to update the preset, and 90% of the time I'd be making temporary changes to an existing preset rather than loading the defaults and starting from scratch anyway, and being asked all the time is $&#% annoying.

Thanks.
Old 7th June 2018, 22:32   #6146  |  Link
Zathor

Quote:
There's an AviSynth.dll in the root MeGUI folder and Windows Properties says the "Product name" is "AviSynth+ 0.1 (r2664, MT, i386)" and the "Date modified" is "28 March 18 15:04".
OK, what is happening is that that avisynth.dll cannot be used by MeGUI. Therefore the script calls the system installed dll which is the old AviSynth from 2015.
The question therefore is why the avisynth.dll in the MeGUI folder is not autoloaded. How do you start MeGUI? With a double click on the MeGUI.exe?
Also avs+ needs the vcredist 2017 which you do not have installed. It should be copied by MeGUI but could you please try to install:
https://aka.ms/vs/15/release/vc_redist.x86.exe
Old 8th June 2018, 00:18   #6147  |  Link
VoodooFX
Banana User

@Zathor
What about that error?
VoodooFX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2018, 09:56   #6148  |  Link
tebasuna51

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooFX View Post
What about that error?
Maybe MediaInfo found another subtitle corrupt here:

Quote:
---[Information] Text
-[Information] ID: 7
-[Information] StreamOrder: 6
-[Information] Codec: S_TEXT/UTF8
-[Information] LanguageString: Portuguese
---[Information] Text
-[NoImage] InvalidArgument=Value of '4' is not valid for 'index'.
Try remux your mkv source with MkvToolNixGUI before, and repeat the MeGUI recode.
Old 8th June 2018, 13:34   #6149  |  Link
wiggaz

Hello,
I did few tests between the old version (2836) and the latest (2859), and ffmpeg is indeed slower.
We are talking about fps decimals but, since we enjoy every single increase, that's become significally important, I think.

Here's some logs:

1080p crf (first 2836 then 2859)
https://pastebin.com/iet3XFmg

576p 2pass (first 2836 then 2859)
https://pastebin.com/pMCsZuU8

What you think?
Thanks in advance
wiggaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2018, 15:03   #6150  |  Link
LouieChuckyMerry

Quote:
Also avs+ needs the vcredist 2017 which you do not have installed. It should be copied by MeGUI but could you please try to install:
https://aka.ms/vs/15/release/vc_redist.x86.exe
Happy Friday! I've downloaded and installed the above 2017 vcredist.

Quote:
OK, what is happening is that that avisynth.dll cannot be used by MeGUI. Therefore the script calls the system installed dll which is the old AviSynth from 2015.
The question therefore is why the avisynth.dll in the MeGUI folder is not autoloaded. How do you start MeGUI? With a double click on the MeGUI.exe?
I've portable MeGUI in a folder on a RAMDisc and pinned to the Win 7 64 bit start menu. I tried double-clicking on MeGUI.exe but receive the same "No Function Prefetch" error, so it seems to still be reverting to the installed 2015 avisynth.dll.
Old 8th June 2018, 15:09   #6151  |  Link
LouieChuckyMerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by hello_hello View Post
Maybe it's because my PC's old and it's a slow script and it's been a while since I encoded any 1080p video, but I don't recall such a large delay time between MeGUI starting encoding and realising it had started encoding. The progress window is really slow to respond to changes in encoding speed, so maybe it's related to that (I wish it was responsive enough to show you sudden changes in encoding speed instead of slow enough to show you something that probably happened 20 minutes ago).

This was what I meant though. 100 frames have been encoded and the job queue still hasn't caught up (job5 running).
I'm using an old XP compatible version of LSmash, but even so, this feels like something new.

PS. I just ran a short encode (100 frames) of the same video, only without any filtering aside from resizing in the script, and when it'd finished encoding the job queue still showed "waiting". When I tried deleting the job from the queue manually, MeGUI found a new excuse to crash.

I paid extra attention when I started my most recent encode and, although it does seem a bit slower to get going, it changed from "waiting" to "processing" as it should. My system is Win 7 64 bit with 12GB RAM. How much RAM do you have? Perhaps it's simply an XP and-or RAM issue?

Last edited by LouieChuckyMerry; 8th June 2018 at 15:10. Reason: Clarity
Old 8th June 2018, 18:27   #6152  |  Link
VoodooFX
Banana User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tebasuna51 View Post
Try remux your mkv source with MkvToolNixGUI before, and repeat the MeGUI recode.
Remuxing with MkvToolNix v23 didn't helped, only removing Portuguese subs solved error.
Old 8th June 2018, 22:04   #6153  |  Link
Zathor

Quote:
Yes, here is log (after oneclick error I aborted audio job):
https://pastebin.com/gNijDJmS

btw I get same error " 4 is not valid for 'index' " when I edit x265 preset in oneclick and try to save it(clicking around presets error sometimes disappears, still I dunno why or when).
As you are able to reproduce it:
http://megui.org/megui_debug.7z
extract the content of eitehr the 32 or the 64 folder (depending on your MeGUI build), reprocude the error, close MeGUI & upload the log.
Old 9th June 2018, 17:15   #6154  |  Link
VoodooFX
Banana User

Quote:
As you are able to reproduce it:
http://megui.org/megui_debug.7z
extract the content of eitehr the 32 or the 64 folder (depending on your MeGUI build), reprocude the error, close MeGUI & upload the log.
Here you go:
https://pastebin.com/ixWEYDP1
Old 10th June 2018, 21:06   #6155  |  Link
Zathor

LouieChuckyMerry / hello_hello: Could you please try 2860? It should now properly detect that the included portable AviSynth is not used. Please try also if the MeGUI setting "log debug information" changes a thing (with the next restart).

Quote:
Thanks, will have a look in the next days.
Old 11th June 2018, 14:20   #6156  |  Link
Statick

request:

I'd really like a way of accessing the input filename from within the OneClick encoder AVISynth script

specifically I want to access the .d2v file generated, which is always named after the input filename, and reference this in the script. something like %input_filename% would do the job, like this:

tfm(d2v="%input_filename%.d2v")

I'm sure there are other paramters that would be useful if exposed this way, but this is the only one I'm after!

Currently I have to edit the AVISynth profile for every single video I encode, which for several hundred videos is extremely long-winded and error prone
Statick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2018, 14:23   #6157  |  Link
hello_hello

Quote:
LouieChuckyMerry / hello_hello: Could you please try 2860? It should now properly detect that the included portable AviSynth is not used. Please try also if the MeGUI setting "log debug information" changes a thing (with the next restart).
Thanks for the effort!
Now you've made me feel bad for being the bearer of bad news.

Quote:
[Warning] AviSynth Information
-[Information] AviSynth Wrapper
--[Information] Version: 1.0.2847.0
--[Information] Date: 06-05-2018
--[Information] Interface: 3
-[Information] AviSynth
--[Information] File Version: 2.6.0.6
--[Information] File Date: 31-03-2015
--[Information] File Name: Avisynth 2.6
--[Information] File Path: c:\windows\system32\avisynth.dll
--[Information] AviSynth Version: AviSynth 2.60, build:Mar 31 2015 [16:38:54]
--[Information] AviSynth+: false
--[Information] AviSynth MT: false
--[Information] AviSynth Status: active
-[Warning] AviSynth portable
--[Information] File Version: 0.1
--[Information] File Date: 28-03-2018
--[Information] File Name: AviSynth+ 0.1 (r2664, MT, i386)
--[Information] File Path: c:\program files\megui\avisynth.dll
--[Warning] AviSynth Status: inactive - portable AviSynth build cannot be used. The loaded DLL is: c:\windows\system32\avisynth.dll
PS It makes no difference if the "log debug info" option is enabled/disabled.
Old 11th June 2018, 15:08   #6158  |  Link
LigH
German doom9/Gleitz SuMo

Quote:
c:\program files\megui\avisynth.dll
is probably protected by the UAC: Windows doesn't allow manipulation of files in this directory branch without Administrator access rights.

That's why we keep recommending not to install MeGUI there, over and over ... or you would have to disable the UAC, which is a security risk.

New German Gleitz board
MediaFire: x264 | x265 | VPx | AOM | Xvid
LigH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2018, 15:30   #6159  |  Link
Statick

Quote:
Originally Posted by LigH View Post
is probably protected by the UAC: Windows doesn't allow manipulation of files in this directory branch without Administrator access rights.

That's why we keep recommending not to install MeGUI there, over and over ... or you would have to disable the UAC, which is a security risk.
I have "run this program as administrator" selected and it seems to solve all such problems, albeit that I have to click the "yes" prompt every time I open the program. I could be missing something though.
Statick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2018, 01:57   #6160  |  Link
StainlessS
HeartlessS Usurer

Zathor,
I have been experiencing some problems with both stable and developer for some months (WXP32SP3).
On checking Changelog, see this

Code:
- Windows Vista and older is not supported
The only problem I'm having is using MeGUI_AutoEncode_Batcher, which uses AutoIt code to add avs scripts to the Auto Encode queue.
Problem arises when Preview Window is opened (after avs script load) and the batcher clicks close Button (little x close alias ALT/F4).
Seems that the problem arises due to close button being clicked before MeGUI is ready, ie MeGUI is still doing its multiple scanning
of Avs script and has not as yet presented the clip graphic in the preview window, when close button is clicked it crashes MeGUI.
(the Batcher is un-affected).

I have been putting off posting this problem report, in hope of it disappearing, but update earlier today and then saw changelog.
I've tried adding in a 10 second delay after Preview Window appears, and that fixes my problem, and so I have to assume
that problem could also affect systems after VISTA, if user clicks ALT/F4 close button before MeGUI has finished whatever it does
during its multiple script scanning period.

Adding avs scripts by hand is no problem for me with current versions, but I like to use the batcher.
I was not at all aware until a short while ago (checking Changelog) that XP is no longer supported (in theory),

What is the latest version MeGUI that is supported for XP (I see no such dropping of support note in changelog).

Developer MeGUI 2860, stable 2836.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Batcher:- https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=163343

EDIT:
From current Changelog of both Stable and Development.
Quote:
Known Problems:
- Windows Vista and older is not supported
from Full Changelog
Quote:
2077 [Progress Window] lower also I/O and memory priority when priority below normal (requires Windows Vista or newer). Feature request #3468249
Is this the first one that does NOT support XP ?

EDIT: Found this on sourceforge
Quote:
Known Problems: - Windows XP and older is not supported [2624]
So maybe 2525 last supported stable (despite me not knowing that neither development nor stable not supported since March 2015).

"Some infinities are bigger than other infinities", but how many of them are infinitely bigger ???

Last edited by StainlessS; 12th June 2018 at 09:18.
StainlessS is offline   Reply With Quote