Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 30th December 2017, 04:45   #26881  |  Link
Thor263

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathe View Post
I don't know if this is the issue, but remember that TrueHD streams that have been muxed into an MKV file LACK the core, thus TSMuxer's inability to handle it. ANY MKV that has a TrueHD audio stream needs the core put back in. Using Eac3to or with a nice GUI like I use UsEac3to, just drop the MKV file in, select the 'True' stream. For output, select the TrueHD+AC3 output and 'Run CMD Line' and it will put the AC3 core back in. Then take THAT rendered audio file and mux it with the video and remove the 'empty' original TrueHD stream, and you should be fine then importing it into BDRB.
Thanks! One question -- what are you using to remux the new TrueHD+AC3 stream back in? Looks like MKVToolnix breaks it apart again.
Thor263 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2017, 04:51   #26882  |  Link
Lathe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor263 View Post
Thanks! One question -- what are you using to remux the new TrueHD+AC3 stream back in? Looks like MKVToolnix breaks it apart again.
Oh, sorry, I made a brief reference to it, but I didn't state it clearly. You use TSMuxer to remux the new TrueHD+AC3 stream back with the video stream. You would choose the output of TSMuxer to be BDMV folder, which will result in the standard BDMV / CERT folders, which you can import into BDRB normally.
Lathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2017, 21:29   #26883  |  Link
Blurayhd

Hi all, I like to say happy new year to all of you and ask you for some tool for scan every Bluray disc surface so IŽll can see if thereŽs some surface problem, could you recommend?
Blurayhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2017, 21:39   #26884  |  Link
Lathe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blurayhd View Post
Hi all, I like to say happy new year to all of you and ask you for some tool for scan every Bluray disc surface so IŽll can see if thereŽs some surface problem, could you recommend?
If you are looking for a real 'Tool', why don't you check with gonca...?
Old 30th December 2017, 21:46   #26885  |  Link
AmigaFuture

Quote:
Other than your eyes (maybe a magnifier?) and the kind of light being used as well as cleaning solution if needed... BD ripper and BD-RB for rerendering will inform you if you have a bad rip; which doesn't mean the BD is defective--just not read correctly. Possible Lens in Optical Drive needs to be cleaned. If either or both fail then possible. Do you have challenges or problems seeing scratches or scuffs on BDs? I hardly ever use sarcasm, and none is used here.
Old 30th December 2017, 21:57   #26886  |  Link
Blurayhd

Quote:
If you are looking for a real 'Tool', why don't you check with gonca...?
@amigafuture (thank you) and dear lathe what is gonca? I canŽt find...
Old 30th December 2017, 22:56   #26887  |  Link
gonca

You can use eac3to to check the mpls files on the disk. It will report any issues
P.S.
Just ignore Lathe, he is just our special mascot
gonca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2017, 23:28   #26888  |  Link
AmigaFuture

Possible BD-RB Bug? Using Stargate SG-1 Season 1 DVD 1 after ripped, and not using any processing tools like VideoReDo, importing DVD and selecting the first selection (Pilot).

Code:
[12:53:56] Importing DVD: STARGATE_SG-1_-_SEASON_1_DVD_1
 - Processing DVD title [1 of 3 ]
   - Collecting audio/video/subtitle streams...
   - Converting subtitles to BD format...
   - Multiplexing audio/video/subtitles...
 - Processing DVD title [2 of 3 ]
   - Not kept, per user setting...
 - Processing DVD title [3 of 3 ]
 - Creating Quick-Play Menu...
[12:55:56] DVD import completed successfully.
Going into the Stream directory and playing M2TS it plays a little jerky. It's at 29.97ftps and there wasn't any rerendering done so..I'm confused as to why. I burn it to BD-RE..it plays the same way.

When I click Backup it's making a change. From imported:
"Video: MPEG2 Video 720x480 (16:9) 29.97fps [V: mpeg2 main, yuv420p, 720x480]"...

to rerendered:

"Video: MPEG4 Video (H264) 720x480 (20:11) 23.976fps [V: h264 main L4.1, yuv420p, 720x480]".

Hmm..the only thing I'm seeing that would cause the imported to be "jerky" and the rerendered not be is (16:9) and (20:11)..as well as the frame rates and other stuff removed. Anyway, I'm doing a lot of guessing. But since the DVD plays without actual noticing of any "jerky" stuff...that's why I'm wondering about a bug.
Old 30th December 2017, 23:43   #26889  |  Link
Blurayhd

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonca View Post
You can use eac3to to check the mpls files on the disk. It will report any issues
P.S.
Thank you my dear but and please excuse me but I just donŽt know how to do that with eac3to?

I mean, could you maybe how to check the Bluray disc with eac3to?

IŽm really appreciat it if you can help me
Old 31st December 2017, 00:17   #26890  |  Link
gonca

Browse to the root of the mounted ISO or extracted movie folder, and run:
eac3to
in a CMD prompt

Then run
eac3to #) [where # is the playlist number from step 1]
this will give details about the file

Now run
eac3to.exe" "G:" 1) 1: "W:\TEMP\Chapters_1.txt" 2: "W:\TEMP\Video_2.*" 3: "W:\TEMP\Audio_3_English.thd" 15: "W:\TEMP\Subtitles_15_English.sup" 31: "W:\TEMP\Subtitles_31_English.sup" 33: "W:\TEMP\Subtitles_33_English.sup" -progressnumbers -LOG="W:\TEMP\LOGS\eac3to_PASS3_LOG.LOG"

Change numbers and extensions to suit, along with paths
LOG folder must exist before you start

OR
you can use one of the eac3to GUIs

Last edited by gonca; 31st December 2017 at 01:28. Reason: more info
Old 31st December 2017, 03:24   #26891  |  Link
Blurayhd

Quote:
Browse to the root of the mounted ISO or extracted movie folder, and run:
eac3to
in a CMD prompt

Then run
eac3to #) [where # is the playlist number from step 1]
this will give details about the file

Now run
eac3to.exe" "G:" 1) 1: "W:\TEMP\Chapters_1.txt" 2: "W:\TEMP\Video_2.*" 3: "W:\TEMP\Audio_3_English.thd" 15: "W:\TEMP\Subtitles_15_English.sup" 31: "W:\TEMP\Subtitles_31_English.sup" 33: "W:\TEMP\Subtitles_33_English.sup" -progressnumbers -LOG="W:\TEMP\LOGS\eac3to_PASS3_LOG.LOG"

Change numbers and extensions to suit, along with paths
LOG folder must exist before you start

OR
you can use one of the eac3to GUIs
Thank you Gonca, I use the gui for pass from DTS to AC3 and I donŽt know another function on this program, if you just can tell me(with the gui) how to do this IŽll really appreciate it
Old 31st December 2017, 03:56   #26892  |  Link
gonca

If you are using HdBrStreamExtractor_0.9,
simply point to the blu ray, select an output folder
and click on extract.
There will be a log file created. If it doesn't show any errors then that mpls should be good
Old 31st December 2017, 04:08   #26893  |  Link
MrVideo

Quote:
So simple. Just use ImgBurn to create an ISO copy of the disc to your HDD. If there are any issues, ImgBurn will complain about the sectors it is having reading. It will complain at the start about the disc being copy protected. Ignore that, since all you want to do it read all of the sectors on the disc. When done, just delete the ISO file.
MrVideo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2017, 04:11   #26894  |  Link
Lathe

Quote:
P.S.
Old 31st December 2017, 04:12   #26895  |  Link
MrVideo

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmigaFuture View Post
"Video: MPEG4 Video (H264) 720x480 (20:11) 23.976fps [V: h264 main L4.1, yuv420p, 720x480]".

Hmm..the only thing I'm seeing that would cause the imported to be "jerky" and the rerendered not be is (16:9) and (20:11)..as well as the frame rates and other stuff removed. Anyway, I'm doing a lot of guessing. But since the DVD plays without actual noticing of any "jerky" stuff...that's why I'm wondering about a bug.
20:11 is the same as 16:9 for the non-square pixel 720x480 video. Actually, the math that I came up with for 16:9 720x480 video is 32:27. The formula is DAR/SAR = WIDTH/HEIGHT where DAR = Display Aspect Ratio and SAR = Sample Aspect Ratio. 20:11 is 1.8181... while 32:27 is 1.185185. Not sure how jdobbs came up with 20:11. SAR is determined by: SAR = DAR * (HEIGHT/WIDTH).

As for the first run being jerky, that surprises me, since you are playing the raw video from the DVD. What are you using for the playback device?

Last edited by MrVideo; 31st December 2017 at 04:26.
Old 31st December 2017, 07:38   #26896  |  Link
AmigaFuture

I used Media Player Classic: Home Cinema, as I typed before, as well as PowerDVD 12 and burned the Import from DVD to BD to a BD-RW and then my LG Blu-ray Player. All 3 showed the same jerky.

Since you also have the DVD, have you not noticed that?

Last edited by AmigaFuture; 31st December 2017 at 07:43.
AmigaFuture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2017, 08:05   #26897  |  Link
MrVideo

Quote:
I used Media Player Classic: Home Cinema, as I typed before, as well as PowerDVD 12 and burned the Import from DVD to BD to a BD-RW and then my LG Blu-ray Player. All 3 showed the same jerky.
Forgot what you typed before.
Quote:
Since you also have the DVD, have you not noticed that?
I played what I recoded to 23.976 with VLC on the computer. The 29.97 that VRD recoded didn't have an issue, but I think I only played it within VRD. But, I did step thru a lot of it with VRD and there was the normal 2:3 pulldown video. No weird frames.
Old 31st December 2017, 08:11   #26898  |  Link
MrVideo

Quote:
My objective is to combine all the Stargate SG-1 DVDs into Seasonal BDs and have them be totally progressive or as close as possible.
I seriously doubt that you will get a single season of SG-1 to fit on a single BD disc. You'd have to get each episode down to about 1GB. If you used 50GB media, then 2GB each. You are going to be cutting it close.
Old 31st December 2017, 12:38   #26899  |  Link
gonca

Quote:
When I said special, I meant it in an Olympic way
Old 31st December 2017, 16:35   #26900  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Possible BD-RB Bug? Using Stargate SG-1 Season 1 DVD 1 after ripped, and not using any processing tools like VideoReDo, importing DVD and selecting the first selection (Pilot).

Code:
[12:53:56] Importing DVD: STARGATE_SG-1_-_SEASON_1_DVD_1
 - Processing DVD title [1 of 3 ]
   - Collecting audio/video/subtitle streams...
   - Converting subtitles to BD format...
   - Multiplexing audio/video/subtitles...
 - Processing DVD title [2 of 3 ]
 - Processing DVD title [3 of 3 ]
 - Creating Quick-Play Menu...
[12:55:56] DVD import completed successfully.
Going into the Stream directory and playing M2TS it plays a little jerky. It's at 29.97ftps and there wasn't any rerendering done so..I'm confused as to why. I burn it to BD-RE..it plays the same way.

When I click Backup it's making a change. From imported:
"Video: MPEG2 Video 720x480 (16:9) 29.97fps [V: mpeg2 main, yuv420p, 720x480]"...

to rerendered:

Look for "IMPORT_DVD_IVTC=1" in your INI file.