Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Old 13th September 2009, 22:11   #5741  |  Link
8ternity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atak_Snajpera View Post
Since when 1.14.1 is the latest version?

There is problem with patched x264 32bit
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...08#post1324208
mistype is 1.14.4 version. i test with 3 movies and samething. If i just change ripbot264 to ver 1.15.1 and left ffdshow ver, everythung is ok. samething with my new processor update.

thanks.
Old 13th September 2009, 23:19   #5742  |  Link
slow4mula

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atak_Snajpera View Post
1080p 50fps will only work on PS3 (level 4.2). Xbox360 does not support level 4.2!

@slow4mula
I will add extra conversion from.wav to .w64 later. At the moment I'm in Poland on holidays.

thanks. i've been extracting the untouched truehd/dts-ma hd tracks the last day and muxing them with transcoded video with your app and just setting the size appropriately in ripbot264 and manually muxing with tsmuxer.

maybe it would be more useful to allow keeping the untouched true-hd/dts-ma hd tracks than converting to pcm through ripbot?
slow4mula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2009, 23:29   #5743  |  Link
raisinberry777

Is it possibly to manually change the audo profiles in Ripbot like with the video profiles, or are we stuck with the options Ripbot gives us?
raisinberry777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2009, 05:54   #5744  |  Link
QUEENFAN

Good Morning,

I have a problem encoding HD-DVD-material using the HIGH 4 profile..
There is a green marging at the bottom of the picture. You can see another stripe with blurred color over the black bottom margin.
How can I avoid this ?

Thanks alot for your help.
Attached Images

QUEENFAN
QUEENFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2009, 21:25   #5745  |  Link
Nkotok

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow4mula View Post
thanks. i've been extracting the untouched truehd/dts-ma hd tracks the last day and muxing them with transcoded video with your app and just setting the size appropriately in ripbot264 and manually muxing with tsmuxer.

maybe it would be more useful to allow keeping the untouched true-hd/dts-ma hd tracks than converting to pcm through ripbot?
That is what I was planning to try. How are your results? Any audio delays or other problems with playability?
Nkotok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2009, 22:53   #5746  |  Link
kikker

Is this because Ripbot cannot (or will not) mux the TrueHD into an MKV? It would be helpful to know what is and is not allowed as far as audio goes with some sort of chart and what can be wrapped into what container. Also, why do people need the TMT DTS-MA decoder when ffdshow can do it now?
kikker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2009, 23:05   #5747  |  Link
mackworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by kikker View Post
Is this because Ripbot cannot (or will not) mux the TrueHD into an MKV? It would be helpful to know what is and is not allowed as far as audio goes with some sort of chart and what can be wrapped into what container. Also, why do people need the TMT DTS-MA decoder when ffdshow can do it now?
ffdshow can't actually decode the DTS-MA, it just decodes the regular dts core, not the -MA part.
mackworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2009, 23:40   #5748  |  Link
bbyers70

MP4Box error

Ripbot is a great tool but I do on occasion get errors with mp4box during the muxing stage. This problem does not happen with every movie but when it does, it doesnt matter what machine it was encoded on it always fails during the muxing stage.

I'm using the AppleTV preset with a video bitrate 6144 and audio set to 448 AC3. I will let ripbot264 complete the encode and mux it to a mkv file. The mkv is discarded since the appletv cannot read it. While the newly created audio.ac3 and video.264 files are still in the temp folder I use MP4Box to create a *.m4v file. I've know this work as I have done this over a hundred times in the past with videos on the appletv to prove it.

MP4Box supports the import of AC3 streams now. I'm using the example of a mp4 muxing that RipBot264 uses in the job1_MuxFiles.cmd file. I just remove the chapters section, since those types of chapters are not supported by the appletv, and the rename of the audio and output file names.

Example of mux command line.
"C:\Program Files\RipBot264\tools\mp4box\mp4box.exe" -tmp "C:\Temp\RipBot264temp" -ipod -brand M4VH:1 -add "C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\video.264" -fps 23.976 -add "C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\audio.ac3":lang=eng -mpeg4 -new "C:\Movies\New Movie (HD).m4v"

Attached is a screenshot of the MP4Box error.

I appriciate any help on this. It only happens on about 1 out of every 20 encodes.

Thanks.
Attached Images

bbyers70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2009, 01:14   #5749  |  Link
nekrosoft13

Quote:
Originally Posted by stryker412 View Post
I have no idea but it did fix my issues. Just make sure to rename the existing x264 in case it doesn't work but at this point if the original doesn't work at all, what can it hurt?
that worked, all good now
nekrosoft13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2009, 01:52   #5750  |  Link
slow4mula

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nkotok View Post
That is what I was planning to try. How are your results? Any audio delays or other problems with playability?
nope it works pretty good actually. i've done two blurays with dts-ma hd and a few old hd-dvd discs and one bluray with dolby truehd and they all play fine on my ps3 without issue no audio sync issues at all. standalone players should play them fine as well i would think, but i dunno i don't see the point of a standalone blu-ray player over a ps3.

1. i just use clownbd to rip out the dts-ma hd/dolby true hd audio track from the source

2. input the bluray rip as usual into ripbot and select no audio.

3. i subtract the size of unaltered audio track from 23830mb (bd-r size preset in ripbot) and select two pass and input this value into ripbot so i don't have to calculate it myself. i would factor in ~200mb additional to the size of the audio track to make sure you don't transcode too large of a video track. i did a couple movies where the resulting video track was a little too large after muxing with the unaltered audio track and i had to cut some of the credits with tsmuxer or re-encode the video track again.

3. mux the video track from ripbot and the unaltered hd audio stream with tsmuxer to bluray and burn to bd-r.

bd-r discs are coming down in price, i've seen name brand stuff dip below $3.00 in quantities of 15, so for a movie i want a good backup of i am willing to spend a few bucks (plus some in electricity lol with these twp core i7 setups i have).

atak could add this functionality pretty easy i would think so it is as simple as creating a dvd-dl backup using ac3 5.1/dts 5.1 audio. it would be cool to see that happen since there is no reason to convert to lpcm for all hd audio sources. it just wastes space and possibly could lose quality. it also makes incompatible lpcm tracks that tsmuxer errors out on with sync issues. that is why it just dawned upon me to use the unaltered hd audio instead of converting it to lpcm. the only benefit i see to lpcm is it might be more widely compatible to some standalone bluray players? i know ripbot will always take 24 bit hd audio and downsample it to 16 bit to save space, but why even do that? also if you just mux the original hd audio track you don't have to screw with installing any kind of dts-ma hd decoder like arcsoft because you aren't converting to lpcm.

i would love to see ripbot just load a bluray playlist with the option to truly stream copy the dts-ma hd/true hd tracks and just transcode the video without using multiple tools. all clownbd is comprised of is eac3to and tsmuxer (i believe). this will truly be the optimal method as bd-r media continues to fall in price. even every 7.1 dts-ma hd track i have seen is only 5-7gb, so that still leaves a great deal of room for the transcoded video.

the only drawback with manually muxing with this method is you lose the chapter points, so the default is 5min intervals after this, but i don't really care about that at all...i think the predefined chapter points are pretty useless and would rather have fixed intervals. i'm sure there is probably a way to keep original chapter points with tsmuxer, but i could care less.

and just imho i still liked hd-dvd better as a format over blu-ray. honestly you don't need near 50gb of space for a damn movie. 30gb is more than sufficient with a good 1080p encode and writeable hd-dvd dl would probably been cheaper than bd-r.

i just did the king kong hd-dvd -> bd-r with this method and to me it is one of the best looking movies ever to be released on either format. it fits comfortably on a 30gb hd-dvd with hd audio and it is over 3 hours of runtime. i still wish hd-dvd was around so we might have gotten cheaper writeable 30gb discs. oh well.

here is my vote for true stream copying of hd audio tracks with ripbot

with a blu-ray to bd-r backup keeping the original audio track intact my original blu-ray could burn in a fire and i wouldn't feel like i really lost anything for $3 bucks and some time that is definately worth it to me.

again thanks atak for writing such a bomb gui/application. we all appreciate it!

Last edited by slow4mula; 15th September 2009 at 02:11.
Old 15th September 2009, 04:58   #5751  |  Link
kikker

Ripbot treats THD and DTS-MA differently, and I'm trying to figure out the reason why.

If a BD has a THD stream, and you select it to demux, you wind up with a demuxed LPCM (.wav) that has been converted from 24-bit to 16-bit, which is fine. But, if you want to mux an AC3 track into an MKV, the aften encoder is required. Why can't the core AC3 be demuxed like the DTS core is automatically extracted?

If a BD has a DTS-MA stream and you select it to demux, you wind up with a demuxed DTS core. If I had the TMT decoder, would Ripbot then demux to LPCM instead of the core DTS?
Old 15th September 2009, 06:20   #5752  |  Link
slow4mula

Quote:
Originally Posted by kikker View Post
Ripbot treats THD and DTS-MA differently, and I'm trying to figure out the reason why.

If a BD has a THD stream, and you select it to demux, you wind up with a demuxed LPCM (.wav) that has been converted from 24-bit to 16-bit, which is fine. But, if you want to mux an AC3 track into an MKV, the aften encoder is required. Why can't the core AC3 be demuxed like the DTS core is automatically extracted?

If a BD has a DTS-MA stream and you select it to demux, you wind up with a demuxed DTS core. If I had the TMT decoder, would Ripbot then demux to LPCM instead of the core DTS?
yes i think you will get lpcm. i haven't tested it though, i've just used eac3to from the command line to create a lpcm wav from dts-hd. maybe there is better compatibility with lpcm but the intact hd audio is so much smaller and doesn't cause all these issues with tsmuxer (and doesn't require arcsoft).

i just installed that older trial/update of tmt and it allowed eac3to to extract lpcm from dts-ma hd.
Old 15th September 2009, 08:20   #5753  |  Link
mouw

Quote:
the only drawback with manually muxing with this method is you lose the chapter points, so the default is 5min intervals-- i'm sure there is probably a way to keep original chapter points with tsmuxer
using the TsMuxRgui
3rd tab over (BluRay)
set CUSTOM
copy in the Chapter TIMES only
get from RipBot's Chapter.txt
BUT u need to clean OFF everything but the TIMES (00:00:00.000)
Hint: use NOTEPAD and EDIT--REPLACE--FIND "" REPLACE with (leave Blank)
mouw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2009, 14:53   #5754  |  Link
kikker

Is it really true that Ripbot no longer uses eac3to's ability to extract the core AC3 when selecting a TrueHD stream in the drop-down menu?? The core DTS is extracted just fine from the DTS-MA track.

Previous Ripbot tutorials allude to Ripbot being able to extract the core AC3, so is there a setting I'm missing? Thanks...

Last edited by kikker; 15th September 2009 at 15:21.
Old 15th September 2009, 20:11   #5755  |  Link
Nkotok

Quote:
nope it works pretty good actually. i've done two blurays with dts-ma hd and a few old hd-dvd discs and one bluray with dolby truehd and they all play fine on my ps3 without issue no audio sync issues at all. standalone players should play them fine as well i would think, but i dunno i don't see the point of a standalone blu-ray player over a ps3.

1. i just use clownbd to rip out the dts-ma hd/dolby true hd audio track from the source

2. input the bluray rip as usual into ripbot and select no audio.

3. i subtract the size of unaltered audio track from 23830mb (bd-r size preset in ripbot) and select two pass and input this value into ripbot so i don't have to calculate it myself. i would factor in ~200mb additional to the size of the audio track to make sure you don't transcode too large of a video track. i did a couple movies where the resulting video track was a little too large after muxing with the unaltered audio track and i had to cut some of the credits with tsmuxer or re-encode the video track again.

3. mux the video track from ripbot and the unaltered hd audio stream with tsmuxer to bluray and burn to bd-r.

bd-r discs are coming down in price, i've seen name brand stuff dip below $3.00 in quantities of 15, so for a movie i want a good backup of i am willing to spend a few bucks (plus some in electricity lol with these twp core i7 setups i have).

atak could add this functionality pretty easy i would think so it is as simple as creating a dvd-dl backup using ac3 5.1/dts 5.1 audio. it would be cool to see that happen since there is no reason to convert to lpcm for all hd audio sources. it just wastes space and possibly could lose quality. it also makes incompatible lpcm tracks that tsmuxer errors out on with sync issues. that is why it just dawned upon me to use the unaltered hd audio instead of converting it to lpcm. the only benefit i see to lpcm is it might be more widely compatible to some standalone bluray players? i know ripbot will always take 24 bit hd audio and downsample it to 16 bit to save space, but why even do that? also if you just mux the original hd audio track you don't have to screw with installing any kind of dts-ma hd decoder like arcsoft because you aren't converting to lpcm.

i would love to see ripbot just load a bluray playlist with the option to truly stream copy the dts-ma hd/true hd tracks and just transcode the video without using multiple tools. all clownbd is comprised of is eac3to and tsmuxer (i believe). this will truly be the optimal method as bd-r media continues to fall in price. even every 7.1 dts-ma hd track i have seen is only 5-7gb, so that still leaves a great deal of room for the transcoded video.

the only drawback with manually muxing with this method is you lose the chapter points, so the default is 5min intervals after this, but i don't really care about that at all...i think the predefined chapter points are pretty useless and would rather have fixed intervals. i'm sure there is probably a way to keep original chapter points with tsmuxer, but i could care less.

and just imho i still liked hd-dvd better as a format over blu-ray. honestly you don't need near 50gb of space for a damn movie. 30gb is more than sufficient with a good 1080p encode and writeable hd-dvd dl would probably been cheaper than bd-r.

i just did the king kong hd-dvd -> bd-r with this method and to me it is one of the best looking movies ever to be released on either format. it fits comfortably on a 30gb hd-dvd with hd audio and it is over 3 hours of runtime. i still wish hd-dvd was around so we might have gotten cheaper writeable 30gb discs. oh well.

here is my vote for true stream copying of hd audio tracks with ripbot

with a blu-ray to bd-r backup keeping the original audio track intact my original blu-ray could burn in a fire and i wouldn't feel like i really lost anything for $3 bucks and some time that is definately worth it to me.

again thanks atak for writing such a bomb gui/application. we all appreciate it!
Thanks a lot. That is exactly how I was going to proceed. You just confirmed my intended steps and I am glad everything works in this method. I also hate that RipBot can not just leave the HD sound as is. That is its biggest negative, in my opinion.
Nkotok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2009, 21:19   #5756  |  Link
hoju3508

Is this a screen capture on the PC?

I've seen this problem on my PC but when I burned the output to the disc it's fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by QUEENFAN View Post
Good Morning,

I have a problem encoding HD-DVD-material using the HIGH 4 profile..
There is a green marging at the bottom of the picture. You can see another stripe with blurred color over the black bottom margin.
How can I avoid this ?

Thanks alot for your help.
hoju3508 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2009, 21:29   #5757  |  Link
Jeff Flowerday

Windows 7 x64, latest version of ripbot. AVI synth 2.58 and the last build of ffdshow.

I've got a bunch of TV series DVDs that I've ripped using makemkv. Basically mpeg2 stream and a single AC3 audio stream.

I don't know if I'm missing something but every thing I try via ripbot ends up with the audio out of sync. I'm basically just doing standard 4.0 profile CQ 18, with audio copied into another mkv container, no audio conversion.

Thoughts?

Last edited by Jeff Flowerday; 15th September 2009 at 21:32.
Jeff Flowerday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2009, 06:10   #5758  |  Link
BlindBandit

Hey Atak Snajpera, in the near future you going to add the Zune HD profile since it has 480x272 16:9 res.
BlindBandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2009, 07:09   #5759  |  Link
wolfbane5

I've been using ripbot for a while now on vista and it works great; however, I'll be switching to windows 7 in a couple of weeks and I was wondering if anyone has encountered any issues running ripbot on 7? Also, I was planning on installing 7 x64, so would the x64 version of the x264 codec automatically be installed with ripbot? Also, what do you gain from using x64 vs. x86 x264 codec?

Thanks.
wolfbane5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2009, 12:52   #5760  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Quote:
Hey Atak Snajpera, in the near future you going to add the Zune HD profile since it has 480x272 16:9 res.
Just use iPod profile

Quote:
I've been using ripbot for a while now on vista and it works great; however, I'll be switching to windows 7 in a couple of weeks and I was wondering if anyone has encountered any issues running ripbot on 7? Also, I was planning on installing 7 x64, so would the x64 version of the x264 codec automatically be installed with ripbot? Also, what do you gain from using x64 vs. x86 x264 codec?

Thanks.
I have been using RipBOt264 on Windows 7 RTM x64 without any problems. x64 x264 is around 5% faster than x86 version.

Quote:
I don't know if I'm missing something but every thing I try via ripbot ends up with the audio out of sync. I'm basically just doing standard 4.0 profile CQ 18, with audio copied into another mkv container, no audio conversion.
Always check audio synchronization in preview. if you see any problems adjust delay manually in ripbot264.

Quote:
I also hate that RipBot can not just leave the HD sound as is. That is its biggest negative, in my opinion.
Quote:

TrueHD and DTS-MA have variable bitrate. Video bitrate for AVCHD can not be calculated if audio bitrate is not constant. So I decided to decompress TrueHD/DTS-MA to wav (constant bitrate). If you do conversion from HD-DVD/Blu-Ray to Blu-ray (23GB) then you have enough room for uncompressed audio. If you do conversion HD-DVD/Blu-Ray to MKV then I RECOMMEND to use lossless FLAC compression. (smaller size than TrueHD/DTS-MA). I also decided to downconvert from 24bit to 16bit because there is no difference in quality. You would have to have ULTRA expensive equipment to notice small difference. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Audio_b...#Digital_audio) Besides some movies have fake 24bit (16bit+8 empty bit).

DTS core is automatically extracted only if you don't have Arcsoft DTS-HD decoder installed. TrueHD is decoded by libav so you don't need extra decoder to get full hd audio. Remember TrueHD decompressed to .wav and encoded with Aften 640kbps = demuxed AC3 core. I prefer this method because I can increase volume during conversion. Also in terms of quality AC3 640 kbps = DTS 1509 kbps

Last edited by Atak_Snajpera; 16th September 2009 at 12:55.
Atak_Snajpera is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
264, 265, appletv, avchd, bluray, gui, iphone, ipod, ps3, psp, ripbot264, x264 2-pass, x264 gui, x264_64, x265, xbox360