Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Hardware players

Old 1st January 2010, 19:03   #1  |  Link
mr.neef

Does Sony Blu-Ray BDP-BX2 play divx?

I've been checking on this particular model for a friend to find out if it will play divx. I've think this is a fairly new model, so I haven't been able to find any information on it. Was hoping someone in the forum might. Thanks in advance.
mr.neef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2010, 22:46   #2  |  Link
setarip_old

Hi!

Apparently, you haven't been searching too hard. Try the following Googlesearch:

BDP-BX2+spec

setarip_old is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2010, 00:27   #3  |  Link
mr.neef

If you're not trying to be a smart-ass, then I apologize for my remarks. But apparently I did look using that google search criteria and wasn't able to find anything. That's why I came to the forum for more information. Now, if you don't have any pertinent information, then why reply implying that I don't know how to do a google search?
Old 2nd January 2010, 00:48   #4  |  Link
AnonCrow

Because doing a google search for 'sony support BDP-BX2' (without quotes),
then typing divx in the top right corner search box on the offcial sony product support page ( http://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/mod....pl?mdl=BDPBX2 )?

AFAIK (after little research), no Sony Bluray players currently support divx (with the exception PS3).
Some that definitely support it (> year old news) are some players from Panasonic, Philips and Denon. One LG player is DivX HD certified.
AnonCrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2010, 00:55   #5  |  Link
mr.neef

Thanks AnonCrow.
Old 2nd January 2010, 02:03   #6  |  Link
setarip_old

@mr.neef

Based on your response to my post, I gather you didn't even bother to do the Googlesearch I listed for you, namely:

BDP-BX2+spec

If you had done so, because of the inclusion of "+spec" (without the quotation marks),you'd have immediately seen pages of information about that model, INCLUDING SPECIFICATIONS.

(Since you're relatively new here, I'll ignore your totally uncalled for "cutesy" first sentence in your response to my first post to this thread)
Old 2nd January 2010, 16:35   #7  |  Link
mr.neef

Ok...maybe I should have said I did do google search using your criteria even before you suggested it. There was information on that particular model, but I didn't see anything that specifically dealt with that model and divx. Now...I will admit I didn't research this for days, but for about an hour or so. Again I will thank AnonCrow for pointing me in the right direction. I found what I was looking for.

Setarip...I'm not relatively new here. I've been getting information from doom9.org for quite some years and the site has been very helpful.

And thank you for ignoring my so-called "cutesy" remarks...I was scared you might come get me.
Old 4th January 2010, 04:24   #8  |  Link
setarip_old

Quote:
Ok...maybe I should have said I did do google search using your criteria even before you suggested it. There was information on that particular model, but I didn't see anything that specifically dealt with that model and divx.
That's funny ;>} If you took 15 minutes or less to read "Specifications" at the first 10 listings that appear when you Googlesearch for BDP-BX2+spec (Including the SONY homepage for that item), you'd understand that it does not have DivX playback capability.

Quote:
I was scared you might come get me.
Naah...
Old 5th January 2010, 17:24   #9  |  Link
Jagaer
Penguin Power

BX2 is the S360 with a different remote and included HDMI cable, which should help when searching for its capabilities
Jagaer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2010, 09:39   #10  |  Link
Ghitulescu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagaer View Post
BX2 is the S360 with a different remote and included HDMI cable, which should help when searching for its capabilities
Then it's clear, no DivX. But it could read any HDTV SAT disk I've thrown in, including non standard resolutions (720p50, 1088i, REF=5 etc.) and parameters
Ghitulescu is offline   Reply With Quote