Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Software players

Old 2nd March 2016, 21:27   #36621  |  Link
Warner306

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabal223 View Post
Hi guys, I have a problem with madvr playing 23.976 on every 60hz display I have, its like the normal (and fine with me) judder effect but much more worse, its totally choppy, I mean, it looks like something is wrong with the 3:2 pulldown because is more "jumpy" than normal. This doest happen with others renders, only with madvr, and also it happens on every player/setup Ive tested on my house (using madvr of course). The only way to fix this is turning on smooth motion, but I dont like that effect because in 60hz I can see some ghosting on some scenes.

Please help! How can I play 60hz on madvr? (I dont like neither 24hz or 48hz because I totally hate flicker)

Thank you so much.
I've seen bitstreaming with clock correction using ReClock cause judder problems.

If other renderers are fine, it sounds like your madVR settings are at fault. Your rendering stats would be a necessary first step.

Last edited by Warner306; 2nd March 2016 at 22:42.
Warner306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2016, 21:40   #36622  |  Link
SweetLow

Quote:
Originally Posted by madshi View Post
madVR v0.90.13 released
Code:
* added "use alternative glitch handling mode" option for D3D11 presentation
This fix very old bug with D3D11@Intel HD4000/HD2500@Win7 - on second (and in more rare cases - on first/only) monitor exit from FS Exclusive (with video played) start massive frame repeats/drops for seconds(5-20) sometimes .
Thanks.

Last edited by SweetLow; 2nd March 2016 at 21:49.
SweetLow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2016, 23:30   #36623  |  Link
kabal223

Here are the stats:

http://i.imgur.com/7rGI53U.jpg

Thanks for the help guys!

Last edited by kabal223; 2nd March 2016 at 23:33.
kabal223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2016, 02:44   #36624  |  Link
baii

I have amd fury. Any crimson driver + pot player 32 bit is instant madvr crash for me. Seem to be fine with mpc hc. So anything I can pinpoint to?

I sent the report using the madvr interface.

seem to be fine with 64bit pot player as well.
baii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2016, 04:53   #36625  |  Link
Warner306

Quote:
Here are the stats:

I am by no means an expert at diagnosing issues via rendering stats.

With that said, have you tried using processing -> zoom control -> disable image scaling? It looks like your sample video is upscaled slightly, even though it is 1080p, which may cause some issues.

Also, is the present queue filling during playback? And is your average rendering time + present time under the movie frame interval (41.71 ms)? In this case, you should have no dropped frames or presentation glitches during playback.

If you answer yes to all of the above, I wonder if the sharper image is causing artifacts. madVR can produce a very sharp (even oversharpened) image, which can cause motion artifacts. Try disabling all image enhancements and upscaling refinement settings.

Beyond that, what you are seeing might be normal, but I'm not the person to ask.

Last edited by Warner306; 3rd March 2016 at 04:56.
Old 3rd March 2016, 06:00   #36626  |  Link
huhn

Quote:
Here are the stats:

is there a reason you have changed the flush settings?
huhn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2016, 08:44   #36627  |  Link
Georgel
Visual Novel Dev.

Quote:
Here are the stats:

You have 25 dropped frames. Maybe the missing frames are what makes motion seems to stutter for you?
Georgel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2016, 09:12   #36628  |  Link
kabal223

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warner306 View Post
I am by no means an expert at diagnosing issues via rendering stats.

With that said, have you tried using processing -> zoom control -> disable image scaling? It looks like your sample video is upscaled slightly, even though it is 1080p, which may cause some issues.

Also, is the present queue filling during playback? And is your average rendering time + present time under the movie frame interval (41.71 ms)? In this case, you should have no dropped frames or presentation glitches during playback.

If you answer yes to all of the above, I wonder if the sharper image is causing artifacts. madVR can produce a very sharp (even oversharpened) image, which can cause motion artifacts. Try disabling all image enhancements and upscaling refinement settings.

Beyond that, what you are seeing might be normal, but I'm not the person to ask.
Ok I will see and try all of that, thanks... But whats funny is if I enable smooth motion all the jerkiness goes away. What I also tried was changing the dithering options, if I put ordered dithering in the LAV filter the problem goes away in the 720p videos, but it remains in the 1080p ones. It is more obvious in panning scenes like the one in the beginning of The Martian.

Again, thanks, I will try that later today and I will come back with the results.

Quote:
Originally Posted by huhn View Post
is there a reason you have changed the flush settings?
Yeah, maybe trying to fix the problem days ago I changed some options but forgot to change some of those to the default again.

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgel View Post
You have 25 dropped frames. Maybe the missing frames are what makes motion seems to stutter for you?
I think the missing frames error showed up when I paused the video, before there were only one frame missing.

Thanks mate.
Old 3rd March 2016, 09:17   #36629  |  Link
huhn

Quote:
Ok I will see and try all of that, thanks... But whats funny is if I enable smooth motion all the jerkiness goes away. What I also tried was changing the dithering options, if I put ordered dithering in the LAV filter the problem goes away in the 720p videos, but it remains in the 1080p ones. It is more obvious in panning scenes like the one in the beginning of The Martian.
this doesn't make any sense because this part of lavfilter isn't used with default settings. did you changed the lavfilter settings too?

Quote:
Yeah, maybe trying to fix the problem days ago I changed some options but forgot to change some of those to the default again.
think about a screen with default madVR settings.

Quote:
I think the missing frames error showed up when I paused the video, before there were only one frame missing.
they usually come from starting and resizing the video and are pointless as long as they don't rise while playback.
Old 3rd March 2016, 11:25   #36630  |  Link
kabal223

You are totally right about the LAV dithering option because after some testing the problem is still there...

Something I see, and might be the problem in here, is the clock deviation... do you guys think that there is the problem? Because when I start the videos (in a panning scene) everything is fluid (with the judder of course) but after the clock deviation shows in the stats the choppy movement also shows in the panning scenes (I cant notice that on other scenes, only if I look for it)

Thanks for the help!
Old 3rd March 2016, 15:31   #36631  |  Link
CarlosCaco

Quote:
You are totally right about the LAV dithering option because after some testing the problem is still there...

Something I see, and might be the problem in here, is the clock deviation... do you guys think that there is the problem? Because when I start the videos (in a panning scene) everything is fluid (with the judder of course) but after the clock deviation shows in the stats the choppy movement also shows in the panning scenes (I cant notice that on other scenes, only if I look for it)

Thanks for the help!
the flush options can cause this problem...
you tried to alter something o gpu control panel?
what gpu are you uing?
CarlosCaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2016, 19:18   #36632  |  Link
kabal223

Which are the best flush options?

No, I didnt change anything on my gpu options, its a geforce660

Thanks!
Old 3rd March 2016, 19:37   #36633  |  Link
huhn

Quote:
Which are the best flush options?

No, I didnt change anything on my gpu options, its a geforce660

Thanks!
default.
Old 3rd March 2016, 22:09   #36634  |  Link
Warner306

Quote:

Thanks for the help!
You might have to reset your madVR settings in the installation folder. What audio renderer are you using? Did you try turning bitstreaming on and off?
Old 3rd March 2016, 22:17   #36635  |  Link
aufkrawall

Sigmoidal light seems to reduce aliasing with Jinc AR.

Sigmoidal light:

Gamma light:

Original:
http://www.royalgrass.de/wp-content/...grass-lawn.jpg

So, maybe it can be recommended in general for upscaling?
aufkrawall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2016, 22:18   #36636  |  Link
JarrettH

Default flush options are best now, but you could experiment with changing the GPU/CPU queue to 8/4
JarrettH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2016, 00:44   #36637  |  Link
Unr3aL

Quote:
Originally Posted by aufkrawall View Post
Sigmoidal light seems to reduce aliasing with Jinc AR.

Sigmoidal light:

Gamma light:

Original:
http://www.royalgrass.de/wp-content/...grass-lawn.jpg

So, maybe it can be recommended in general for upscaling?
It seems you uploaded the same picture twice there.
Even photoshop diff doesn't show any difference between the two. (zero)
It is weird that they have a different filesize though...

Greetz, Unr3aL
Unr3aL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2016, 00:53   #36638  |  Link
aufkrawall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unr3aL View Post
It seems you uploaded the same picture twice there.
You probably rather downloaded the same picture twice.
I checked the image for different pixels (I downloaded them from the image hoster as well), each red pixel differs:
aufkrawall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2016, 04:28   #36639  |  Link
AngelGraves13

madshi, any plans on adding a "black level correction" checkbox?

I'm about halfway through Peaky Blinders and still have no idea why the blu-ray is so bright. Blacks are almost gray.

Would love an option to correct these mastering issues. DVDs seem to suffer from it more than blu-rays.
AngelGraves13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2016, 06:22   #36640  |  Link
kabal223

Well, after some serious testing the only fix for my problem is using a 58hz refresh rate, now the playback is almost perfect, thank you guys!

Tags
direct compute, dithering, error diffusion, madvr, ngu, nnedi3, quality, renderer, scaling, uhd upscaling, upsampling