Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Avisynth Development

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 20th December 2017, 02:41   #11  |  Link
StainlessS
HeartlessS Usurer

GMJCZP,

As a recommendation, I suggest you forget NotePad (standard) and right click and select "Open With" to maybe PsPad or NotePad+ (NotePadPlus),
which both supports Edit of Avisynth script (with keyword hi-lite) and Play of the script, really quite a lot more useful than NotePad standard.

As Pinterf mentions in Avs Usage, MPlayer2 is still supplied, even in Win10, I always quite hated WMVxxx, really horrible, whereas MPlayer2 is very
usable and what I use (together with MPC-HC in PsPad) to view/test scripts.

Give'it a whirl, you might like it.

EDIT:
Quote:
and select "Open With"
You can actually set that inside both PsPad and NotePad+ settings.

EDIT: In XP, some clips do not play in MPlayer2.exe, but for most, I much prefer over WMVxxx.
In XP, MPlayer2, is located in same directory as WMVxx (C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\).

EDIT: It is a bit peculiar that MPlayer2 is still provided, another weird little thing is that from W98 onwards, there was always
a DVD player included (REALLY basic) , just not an MPEG2 decoder, called DVDPlay.exe (I think, in system32), dont know if it is still there.

"Some infinities are bigger than other infinities", but how many of them are infinitely bigger ???

Last edited by StainlessS; 20th December 2017 at 02:59.