Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring

Old 30th April 2009, 19:57   #121  |  Link
idbirch2

Link for 1.6.2 added to first post - added a refresh button so you can refresh the list without having to use Identify or Make Default.
idbirch2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2009, 19:50   #122  |  Link
idbirch2

Tiny bugfix release for 1.6.3 - fixed problem where DTS-HD was auto detecting as just DTS.
Old 5th May 2009, 06:19   #123  |  Link
coolalibaba

I'm not able to download the new file, getting this error:
Quote:
Invalid File. This error has been forwarded to MediaFire's development team.

The key you provided for file download was invalid. This is usually caused because the file is no longer stored on Mediafire. This occurs when the file is removed by the originating user or Mediafire.
coolalibaba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2009, 10:43   #124  |  Link
idbirch2

Try again now, I think Mediafire may have been having problems as the links work fine for me now.
Old 7th May 2009, 02:40   #125  |  Link
coolalibaba

Yes, it works now. Thanks.
coolalibaba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2009, 18:11   #126  |  Link
Cela

Quote:
Originally Posted by odin24 View Post
@idbirch2
Solution to question #1
I have an external HDD that has a RJ45 network connection, I can mount it to my PC (through my home network) as if it were a local drive, and also have it connected to my PS3 at all times via USB.

I have it partitioned as well, a 50GB FAT32 and the rest NTFS. I can manage the files through my PC, transfer to the FAT32 partition and view on my PS3, without disconnecting.
Currently, I do not have an external HDD that has a RJ45 network connection but would be ready to buy one.

This sounds like a great solution!
Would you please explain your solution in more detail? How to set up the file mangement and file transfer between HDD via RJ45? How do you let AVCHD Manger make a new default AVCHD by pressing "Make Default" at the PC while the HDD is connected to the PS3 and will the PS3 accept the new AVCHD for playing? How is the correct procedure?
Would your procedure work if the total 1TB or 1.5TB HDD was FAT32 filled with AVCHD candidates? Sort of an AVCHD Manager managed FAT32 AVCHD candidates HDD without NTFS?

But, I guess, to obtain HDD portability to a friend's PS3 without needing to plug it into his computer there still remains the need for a nice PS3 game FAT RENAMING SUPER HERO 3000.
Who could propose such a challenge to the gaming programmer scene?
Cela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2009, 18:29   #127  |  Link
idbirch2

Unfortunately, it's already been discovered that using a HDD that is connect to both PC and PS3 causes the PS3 not to see the newly renamed AVCHD folder. The only method that works still involves connecting the HDD to the PC, disconnecting and connecting to the PS3.
Old 16th May 2009, 13:51   #128  |  Link
odin24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cela View Post
Currently, I do not have an external HDD that has a RJ45 network connection but would be ready to buy one.

This sounds like a great solution!
Would you please explain your solution in more detail? How to set up the file mangement and file transfer between HDD via RJ45? How do you let AVCHD Manger make a new default AVCHD by pressing "Make Default" at the PC while the HDD is connected to the PS3 and will the PS3 accept the new AVCHD for playing? How is the correct procedure?
Would your procedure work if the total 1TB or 1.5TB HDD was FAT32 filled with AVCHD candidates? Sort of an AVCHD Manager managed FAT32 AVCHD candidates HDD without NTFS?

But, I guess, to obtain HDD portability to a friend's PS3 without needing to plug it into his computer there still remains the need for a nice PS3 game FAT RENAMING SUPER HERO 3000.
Who could propose such a challenge to the gaming programmer scene?

It was very unreliable, sometimes the correct movie wouldn't play even though the proper steps were taken through AVCHD Manager... not saying it was AVCHD Manager's fault... I believe it was the drive confusing the PS3. I have since upgraded to a different HDD and replaced it with one without a RJ45 connection.

If you already have an external without a RJ45 connection, I wouldn't go out and get on just for this.
odin24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2009, 09:50   #129  |  Link
hdian

As a newbie to HD and this forum, my sincere thanks and applauds to all the developers of great tools available here!

With the help of this forum and some googling, I could:

1) Load Ubuntu in my ps3 without any linux knowledge
2) Rip my blue ray discs through ps3 (yet to buy a blue ray drive)
3) Play the ripped BD content on my ps3 from external Hard disk through 'multiAVCHD'. My latest ps3 is not recognising titles from 'AVCHDManager' though it shows the folders green and renames the current folder to 'AVCHD'. I have tried several times but no luck with 'AVCHDManager'. Can someone clarify where I could go wrong?
I would like to use the combination of tsMuxer + AVCHDManager than using 'multiAVCHD'.
4) I am very glad to insert my native language(Telugu Unicode fonts) subtitles in HD content with the help of Xportpgs, Suprip and tsMuxer.

I wish I too can contribute something to this community very soon!
hdian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2009, 11:02   #130  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

About step 3) - you can't simply rename/AVCHDme blu-ray disc backup folder and expect it to work via USB/HDD in your PS3.

You need to use a tool like AVCHD patcher or goBD which will make your BD playable via usb (in 50% of the cases).

The other option (since you don't want to use multiAVCHD) is to pass the movie playlist (mpls) to tsMuxeR and let it create a structure for you.

Dean
Old 3rd July 2009, 13:27   #131  |  Link
hdian

>>since you don't want to use multiAVCHD
Hi deank
My apologies to you. I didn't mean anything against 'multiAVCHD'. Infact it helped me a lot and without it I wouldn't have been able to play HD on my ps3 from external hard disc. My heartful thanks to you for the wonderful tool!

I am not completely thorough with the operations of 'multiAVCHD'. I am not sure whether I can add SRT file for subtitles in multiAVCHD. I used tsmuxer to do that. Processing again on multiAVCHD was like duplicating the muxer operation since tsMuxer already does the BD structure. So I thought AVCHDmanager would be enough to change to 8.3 filename suitable for ps3 playback.

I was wondering why AVCHDmanager processed BD structure(created by tsMuxer directly) didn't work for me on ps3.
Old 3rd July 2009, 14:25   #132  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

Just make sure to use "avchd" output in tsMuxeR and then process it with AVCHD Manager - it should work.

edit: Yes, multiAVCHD supports 4 different subtitle formats: SUP/PGS, SSA/ASS, SRT and DVD/VobSUB (idx+sub) subtitles.

Last edited by deank; 3rd July 2009 at 14:34.
deank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2009, 15:08   #133  |  Link
odin24

Quote:
Originally Posted by deank View Post
edit: Yes, multiAVCHD supports 4 different subtitle formats: SUP/PGS, SSA/ASS, SRT and DVD/VobSUB (idx+sub) subtitles.
Hey Dean... sorry to interupt. I haven't been following the multiAVCHD thread, but I just noticed here... does multiAVCHD convert ASS/SSA to PGS?
odin24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2009, 15:37   #134  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

Yes, of course... Let's not hijack the thread.
Old 4th July 2009, 10:29   #135  |  Link
hdian

Quote:
Just make sure to use "avchd" output in tsMuxeR and then process it with AVCHD Manager - it should work.
How could I miss that option in tsMuxer!! All this while I have been selecting the Blue-ray disk option in tsMuxer and then processing with AVCHDmanager which never worked on my ps3

Quote:
Not to hijack this thread but to seek clarification at the instance, If I am not mistaken 'multiAVCHD' is loading BYDEFAULT all sup/pgs, ssa/ass, srt files from the folder with the same name as the video file selected. I believe this shouldn't be the case and it should be optional to add the needed subtitle files.
Old 15th October 2009, 20:33   #136  |  Link
DiKey
Videomaker

Sorry, but my English don let me read all the thread. Please, tell me:
If i made a BluRay folder in Encore CS3 with menus, my PS3, of course, seems it like a DATA folder.
I do not need of FAT32 compliance, because i will write it on DVD using UDF 2.5
Can i leave file size 4gb, and only rename files to 8.3 format using AVCHDme?
Sorry for my bad English...
DiKey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2009, 22:55   #137  |  Link
DiKey
Videomaker

This program did not help me, but AVCHD-PATCHER helped!
http://www.videohelp.com/download/AVCHD-Patcher_106.zip
DiKey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2010, 18:18   #138  |  Link
smreid

Hi Guys

Dont know if someone can help. I have a USB HDD with two partitions, one NTFS and one FAT32. On the FAT32 partition I have a few folders that are used for my Wii and then the AVDHCManager folders. I have the movie in the AVDHC folder but I dont know how to get the PS3 to recognise it.

I plug in the drive, go to videos and press x on the USB drive and it says no videos present. I can press triangle and navigate to the stream folder but then the film pauses at the 4GB limits.

Am I missing something simple here? Is there a way I can test the BMDV folder on a PC to see that this is ok?

Thanks in advance
Stephen
smreid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2010, 18:49   #139  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

The folder should be named AVCHD and it has to have BDMV folder inside. INDEX.BDM file needs to be AVCHD compliant - you can make it such with goBD or another patcher.
Old 14th January 2010, 18:07   #140  |  Link
smreid

Yeah thanks Dean.

I had managed to get it working. I was using the bluray option instead of the AVCHD option in tsmuxer, which I guess meant that my index.bmd wasnt AVCHD compliant

Sorry the AVDHC was a typo in my post

Thanks again
smreid is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
avchd, avchdmanager, avchdme, ps3