Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring

Old 6th June 2010, 10:20   #141  |  Link
sreemv

I am suddenly getting an error "Array variable has incorrect number of subscripts or subscript dimension range exceeded " when I run the "AVChdmanager" from the "root" of the drive. This was working before - could someone shed light on why this might be?

The same drive with "AVCHD" at the root of the folder is not being recognized by PS3 as well - this drive was working before.....I tried chkdsk, didnt help!
sreemv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2010, 11:03   #142  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

I had the same error some time ago. Probably you have other folders and one of them has a lot of subfolders...
Old 6th June 2010, 15:02   #143  |  Link
idbirch2

It's a long time since I looked at the source code for this but can you run AVCHDManager again so that you get the error and then open your Temp folder (Start -> Run -> %TEMP%) and post what you have in the AVCHDM.log?
idbirch2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2010, 21:05   #144  |  Link
sreemv

Quote:
Originally Posted by deank View Post
I had the same error some time ago. Probably you have other folders and one of them has a lot of subfolders...
Bingo! :-)

So, cant have any other folders other than AVCHD conforming content on the drive?
Old 6th June 2010, 21:27   #145  |  Link
idbirch2

Non-avchd folders should be fine but like I said, post the contents of your log file and I might be able to fix the problem. At a quick glance, the only place I see where the code could bite you is if you have more than 200 directories on the root of your drive.
Old 6th June 2010, 21:41   #146  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

I'll try to recreate the error, but I don't think I had 200 subfolders... Probably something like 'file+path' length, which overflows some restriction (or non-ANSI characters, or...).

@idbirch2: About AVCHD format... May I ask you to add support for IISVPL and AVCHDTN folders?

//

======================================

AVCHDTN folder:

*** 8.3 format:
[root]\AVCHDTN\THUMB.TDT
[root]\AVCHDTN\THUMB.TID

*** long-names format:
[root]\AVCHDTN\thumbnail.tdt2
[root]\AVCHDTN\thumbnail.tidx

IISVPL folder:

*** 8.3 format:
[root]\IISVPL\?????.VPL

*** long-names format:
[root]\IISVPL\?????.vpls

**** [root] = [drive]:\ (for DVD/BD-R discs) (long format)
**** [root] = [drive]:\AVCHD\ (for MemoryStick or USB) (8.3 format)
**** [root] = [drive]:\PRIVATE\AVCHD\ (for SDHC/SD/MMC card) (8.3 format)

Dean

Last edited by deank; 6th June 2010 at 22:22.
deank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2010, 23:08   #147  |  Link
idbirch2

Oooo, that's going to be a fair bit of work I think, especially as I haven't looked at the code for about a year but I'll definitely have a go if I can get some time to get back into it. Do you have any sample structures of these new types as I've never heard of them before? Will they need MediaInfo checks for the Identify routine? Will I be able to test them on my PS3?
Old 7th June 2010, 09:18   #148  |  Link
sreemv

Quote:
Originally Posted by idbirch2 View Post
Non-avchd folders should be fine but like I said, post the contents of your log file and I might be able to fix the problem. At a quick glance, the only place I see where the code could bite you is if you have more than 200 directories on the root of your drive.
Umm..I dont have that many dirs at the root for sure - here is what I see repeated in the AVCHDM.log file:

===========================================================
Wrote AVCHD to $AVCDriveAVCHDlist[2][99][0]
Wrote Avataar to $AVCDriveAVCHDlist[2][99][1]
Wrote 89.5GB to $AVCDriveAVCHDlist[2][99][2]
Wrote 00:00:01 to $AVCDriveAVCHDlist[2][99][3]
Wrote MPEG-2 to $AVCDriveAVCHDlist[2][99][4]
Wrote n/a to $AVCDriveAVCHDlist[2][99][5]
Wrote http://www.imdb.com/find?s=all&q=Avataar%20 to $AVCDriveAVCHDlist[2][99][6]
===========================================================

Sounds like it dont like my avatar folder??
Old 7th June 2010, 10:53   #149  |  Link
idbirch2

OK, I find it a bit too conicidental that the array is sized at 99 just before it croaks, I think you are running a slightly outdated version where the array size was limited to 100 (it was increased to 200 in the last release). Please re-download from the first post in this thread and try it again.
Old 7th June 2010, 19:06   #150  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

Quote:
Originally Posted by idbirch2 View Post
Will they need MediaInfo checks for the Identify routine? Will I be able to test them on my PS3?
You'll have to implement simple rename --- no need for mediainfo.

You can't test it with PS3 (nor do I). AVCHDTN folder can be tested only with camcoders and SDHC AVCHD players (like Panasonic BDP or Viera TV sets).

AVCHD is not just 8.3 filenames as we all know.
Old 24th September 2010, 11:09   #151  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

A quick note for PS3 owners who jailbroke their consoles

The latest version of the "Comgenie's Awsome FileManager" application allows renaming of folders/files directly off the external USB HDD. There is no need to detach the HDD from the PS3 and plug it in the PC to do the rename now.

Dean
Old 11th October 2010, 18:00   #152  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

My OBM mode got the AVCHD support, so it will be possible to change the active AVCHD folder off a USB HDD directly from the PS3 XMB.

Old 11th October 2010, 21:16   #153  |  Link
Cela

Hi Dean,

your last two posts here look very promising. But to me, a humble person from this planet, these posts also are like messages from outer space: absolutely incomprehensible.

So far, at the PC I just select the named AVCHD on the USB disk which I want to watch, rename it with AVCHDManager. Switch on the PS3. Plug that USB-disk into the PS3 and watch the preselected AVCHD. Then switch off the PS3 and unplug the USB disk. - That, switch PS3 on/off, plug/unplag USB disk, play the AVCHD, also is a complete summary of my very limited PS3 system and operating knowledge.

Now you will know what I will need to learn to know:
Where and how to install "Comgenie's Awsome FileManager" application? I managed to google for a download link. But then, how to start and use it?
How to get into your OBM mode? What is OBM mode? Need it be installed? etc.

Is there anywhere some reading (guide, tutorial, etc.) which would help a noob like me to learn what's going on? And more important, what he should do to get enabled to enjoy your OBM mode?

Cela

Last edited by Cela; 11th October 2010 at 21:22.
Cela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2010, 13:43   #154  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

To do all this you need a PS3 console with firmware 3.41, a small special USB device which 'unlocks' some PS3 features. Then you can install applications on your PS3.
Old 19th December 2010, 04:31   #155  |  Link
jenko

ps3 movies pauses between chapters

Finally managed to backup a bluray movie on to an external HDD, using tsmuxer. Other posts suggest that when the usb folder and AVCHD folder are located all you do is press X on the PS3 controller and the movie starts, this does not happen to me.
I have to locate the chapters within the AVCHD folder and select a chapter to start that chapter, but when that chapters is ended the PS goes into pause mode and stays there.It will not play chapters
in a continuous manner. What can I be doing incorrectly?
Each chapter works fine but I have to return back to the start displaying the movie stream then select the next chapter which again stops at the end of that chapter.
Any ideas would be appreciated.
jenko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2010, 08:12   #156  |  Link
setarip_old

@jenko

Hi!

It sounds like you've managed to create separate TITLES rather than separate CHAPTERS...
setarip_old is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2010, 01:37   #157  |  Link
jenko

Yes it does appear that I have created titles not chapters, is there some where in the muxing procedure that maybe I have missed?
Old 22nd December 2010, 00:14   #158  |  Link
jenko

I note that "musicman 2311" Jan2009 had the same problem as me,where the clips are split into 5- 4 Gb chapters or titles or what ever, the reply he got from idbirch 2 was "read the guide a few posts up", musicman 2311 replies "got it", sorry I am new to this and I don't get it. Can someone please explain in plain english how or more to the point where within the guides is the solution of combining all 5 clips into one so they will play as a continuous clip. Thanks all.
Old 24th December 2010, 11:53   #159  |  Link
idbirch2

Hi jenko,

The guide does cover everything in detail so all I can offer is re-wording of what's already there. You must remux your movie using the AVCHD option in TSMuxer with 4GB split points. Your movie must be on a FAT32 formatted hard disk and the active movie must be in folder called AVCHD on the root of the USB drive so folder structure should be X:\AVCHD\BDMV\etc where X: is your drive letter.

The filenames must be in the 8.3 format so inside your BDMV\STREAM folder, files should be named 00001.MTS, 00002.MTS etc. If you are seeing 00001.m2ts, 00002.m2ts, that would explain your problem, if that is the case, you just need to click "AVCHDMe" in AVCHDManager to rename the files to the correct format.
Old 28th December 2010, 02:20   #160  |  Link
jenko

Thank you idbirch2
Your re-wording made me recognize the problem,you said you must remux using AVCHD option which if you look at the guide I had using tsmuxer gui v1.8.8 there is no avchd disc option there, the guide says, blah blah "then press create to bluray", this I have been doing and running into problems. With tsmuxer gui v.1.10.6 there is an output option to select AVCHD disc, this I did and the movie now plays from chapter through chapter no problem.
Using the working method I find the PSP now gives the option of "play all" which did not appear before as I had to open the streams which appears as separate chapter and would play until that chapter ended then PSP would pause.
Thank you for you assistance and if I may be so rude as to suggest that this guides be update for more current versions of the software that is required including Win 7 stuff. Thanks again. Jenko

Tags
avchd, avchdmanager, avchdme, ps3