Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Software players

Old 19th September 2018, 21:46   #52521  |  Link
ABDO

thank you madshi for your A legendary effort in Recent months in AVS fourm to make that great work for us, We appreciate that very much, i don't know what if we don't have you and madvr in our PC, It will be a nightmare.
Quote:
Originally Posted by madshi View Post
Any news or leaks about the new algorithm?Nope. Haven't had a chance to work on it recently, but I'll start work on it again soon
ABDO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2018, 21:47   #52522  |  Link
BetA13
cosmic entity

well, i just tested the New Nvidia driver --> 411.63
and im happy to say, that theres no Problems so far with MadVR and this new Branch of Drivers form NV..

didnt test HDR yet..But everything else, so far so good..

(windows7)
BetA13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2018, 21:52   #52523  |  Link
Sparktank
47.952fps@71.928Hz

Quote:
"transfer=2048" as opposed to what other option? I'm not sure what you mean.
There is no file name tag for transfer characteristics.
Bt.**** for signalling HDR.

Or whatever number that is.
SMPTE ST 2084 (PQ)

EDIT: For working with 16bit screenshots.
AMD Ryzen 5 2600 @3.4GHz (6c/12th, I'm on AVX2 now!)

Last edited by Sparktank; 19th September 2018 at 22:21.
Sparktank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2018, 22:00   #52524  |  Link
Manni

Quote:
Originally Posted by chros View Post
You can also give this a try:
https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=175007

@madshi, thanks for the new build!
Hi Chros,

Thanks for the link, but you might have missed in my post that I was already using MCE Controller and an iPad with iRule to control MadVR
Denon X8500HA>HD Fury VRRoom>TCL 55C805K
Manni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2018, 22:36   #52525  |  Link
mclingo

Quote:
Originally Posted by brazen1 View Post
I've never had a reason to enable that setting so there is nothing to untick but thanks anyway.

must just be a coincidence then but mine really does have that exact behavior when that is ticked and is now fine with it unticked.
Old 19th September 2018, 23:03   #52526  |  Link
SamuriHL

jmone, you around? I'm HOPING it's just me, but, the latest build does not fix the subtitle issue for me. I don't know if this was supposed to be fixed or not but I don't get subs showing up at all. Just wondering if jmone (or anyone else) has tested it.
Old 19th September 2018, 23:29   #52527  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclingo View Post
which of these are relevant to AMD cards, all of them?
If any of those things were specific to Nvidia, I would have said so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razoola View Post
'* added true GPU mode info (color format, bitdepth & dynamic range) to OSD (Nvidia only)'

Just wondering where in the OSD this info shows?
At the end of the first line - but only if madVR is able to get the information from the GPU driver.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siso View Post
Yes, desktop PC, updated to 0.92.15, reset to default settings, same result.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Wolf View Post
My TV has desktop color depth, output color depth, output color format, output dynamic range connected with HDMI and OSD shows the information as stated in the changelog, but my other monitor which is connected with DVI and only shows desktop color depth shows refresh rate only on the OSD like the screenshot from Siso.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetA13 View Post
i guess i have the same problem...

i see just the normal OSD stuff nothing new..
made a clean madvr install.

tested on 2 monitors, one with DVI - and one with VGA..(yes one monitor still has VGA)
I can only guess that your GPU driver somehow doesn't report this information to madVR, I don't know why. If you want to know how it looks like, there's a screenshot in this post:

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/24-di...l#post56833736

Quote:
Originally Posted by mogli View Post
It means that starting with v0.92.15 the render queue always stays low at about half the given number of presented frames in advance (only tried windowed mode). Consequently the present queue does stay low, too. Before this version they were always full. So either latest madVR needs immensely more GPU processing power without the stats reflecting so or there's something wrong. Resetting to default doesn't help, i.e. it isn't related to my personal settings.
Is this only with HDR content, or also with SDR? And if you go back to v0.92.14, the problem is definitely completely gone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by brazen1 View Post
Good blind shot reco. Changed D3D11/automatic native to DXVA 2 copy back/my nvidia GPU. With MPC-HC video starts paused and pressing play it begins and all is well. Still, shouldn't start paused.
Strange. Did that problem only occur for HDR movies, or also for SDR?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimsdyke View Post
I have reported this already a while ago but you said back then that you had not the time to look more into it.

Setup:
MPC-BE + LAV + MadVR playing a SD-file.

Problem:
With SD activated in LAV Video the image is displayed only for a few seconds then the image turns completely green.
The video keeps playing and I can hear the sound.
(I first mentioned that to Nev but he said that is most likely a MadVR issue).
I don't remember any of that. Do you have a link to the old discussion?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclingo View Post
unfortunately I was hoping that maybe a combination of new AMD drivers and new MADVR would fix the blown out reds issue with AMD 23hz SDR playback, this really needs fixing, had this for months now with 3 different AMD cards and muliple sets of drivers and LAV / MADVR versions.
I don't think anybody else has reported this issue yet. So I think it must be something specific to your setup somehow. Looking at your "if I do this or that the problem goes away" list, I'm 99.9% sure that it's not madVR's fault.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ver Greeneyes View Post
madshi, ever since updating to Windows 10 version 1803 I've been having an issue with madVR where my render queues seem "capped" in some way, maybe by GPU memory usage, and trying to use the more expensive algorithms leads to queues not filling up at all even though the render time is very low. I have a GeForce GTX 1080 and I never had problems before updating to Windows 10 version 1803, so I think Microsoft added some sort of new limitation.
Why do you use Windows 10, when Windows 8.1 is a much better HTPC OS? I keep on recommending Windows 8.1. Again and again... <sigh>

Anyway. At this point I don't have a solution. Interestingly, it seems not everybody seems to have this problem, only some users?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABDO View Post
thank you madshi for your A legendary effort in Recent months in AVS fourm to make that great work for us, We appreciate that very much, i don't know what if we don't have you and madvr in our PC, It will be a nightmare.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparktank View Post
There is no file name tag for transfer characteristics.
Bt.**** for signalling HDR.

Or whatever number that is.
SMPTE ST 2084 (PQ)

EDIT: For working with 16bit screenshots.
There actually already is a file name tag for that. Search for "tag" in the changelog to find the details.
madshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2018, 23:45   #52528  |  Link
mclingo

[QUOTE=madshi;

I don't think anybody else has reported this issue yet. So I think it must be something specific to your setup somehow. Looking at your "if I do this or that the problem goes away" list, I'm 99.9% sure that it's not madVR's fault.

.[/QUOTE]

I tend to agree but I ruled out my Tv by plugging in my other HDR and got the same problem. I ruled out my AVR by bypassing it and going straight into the TV which just leaves My PC. I've had three different AMD cards and one fresh rebuild and I still have the same issue, i've also replaced the HDMI cables. If I put the NVIDIA card in its fine so its definitely and issue with the AMD driver and how it acts with MADVR as it doesnt do with other renderers.

someone else has also reported this a while back but I cant remember who it was, it will be connected to my setup but I dont think its a fault, it must be a driver issue or something to do with how MADVR works. AMD insists there are no issues but I cant help feeling there is an real issue here but because everyone's setup so different these days in sublte ways its hard finding a subset of users with a similar enough setup to mine.

for instance, very few people use their TV processing so they will likely set it to PC mode, I use it to smooth out panning shots which because there is less motion blur on OLED you can get jagged edges in bright areas on pans. These are there on LCD but get blurred out. If you apply just the right amount you get smoothing without the soap opera effect.

Last edited by mclingo; 19th September 2018 at 23:48.
mclingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2018, 00:02   #52529  |  Link
Ver Greeneyes

Quote:
Why do you use Windows 10, when Windows 8.1 is a much better HTPC OS? I keep on recommending Windows 8.1. Again and again... <sigh>
Because this isn't an HTPC, it's just a desktop computer. Things were also working fine before I updated to the Spring 2018 update (1803).. leave it to Microsoft to muck things up even more I guess.
Ver Greeneyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2018, 00:12   #52530  |  Link
Sparktank
47.952fps@71.928Hz

Quote:
There actually already is a file name tag for that. Search for "tag" in the changelog to find the details.
Thanks! Somehow that got passed me.
I'll have to go through the changelogs again to see what else I missed.
AMD Ryzen 5 2600 @3.4GHz (6c/12th, I'm on AVX2 now!)
Sparktank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2018, 03:23   #52531  |  Link
ryrynz

Madshi, when using the keyboard shortcut to option the settings, can you return focus back to the player please? It's fine if you use the the context menu to get into the settings.
I tried different versions of madVR and player and it doesn't change anything, guess this has always been the case but nobody has commented on it.
ryrynz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2018, 07:06   #52532  |  Link
mogli

Quote:
Is this only with HDR content, or also with SDR? And if you go back to v0.92.14, the problem is definitely completely gone?
Both HDR and SDR (and every material/setting/decoder/etc. I tried). Yes, this problem happens with v0.92.15 only.
mogli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2018, 08:34   #52533  |  Link
RainyDog

Thanks for the new version madshi

There seems to have been a bug introduced with zoom control and crop black bars however, so when that option is ticked the image aspect ratio is vertically squished (using downscaling on the y axis according to the OSD). At least on the couple of videos I tested it with last night anyway.

Can anyone else reproduce this?
RainyDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2018, 08:36   #52534  |  Link
Grimsdyke

Quote:
I don't remember any of that. Do you have a link to the old discussion?
This must have been months ago so sorry I don't have a link but I have saved my question and Nev's answer.

@ Nev. When using D3D11 and Automatic/Native I am getting sometimes green screens in MPC-BE (+ MadVR) especially on lower resolution files !! The file keeps playing and I hear the sound.
The only way to fix this seem to be to select the GPU in LAV video decoder settings. Please let me know if you need more details.

Issues like that which are exclusive to Native D3D11 mode you should report to madshi, if it happens only with certain files make sure to include one. madVR directly processes the textures in Native mode, so only he has access to see whats going on.

In the meantime this problem seem to have been limited to SD resolution files only but now all (tested) files are affected !!
Grimsdyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2018, 08:43   #52535  |  Link
Siso
Soul Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainyDog View Post
Thanks for the new version madshi

There seems to have been a bug introduced with zoom control and crop black bars however, so when that option is ticked the image aspect ratio is vertically squished (using downscaling on the y axis according to the OSD). At least on the couple of videos I tested it with last night anyway.

Can anyone else reproduce this?
I have the same bug.
Siso is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2018, 08:44   #52536  |  Link
madjock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimsdyke View Post
This must have been months ago so sorry I don't have a link but I have saved my question and Nev's answer.

@ Nev. When using D3D11 and Automatic/Native I am getting sometimes green screens in MPC-BE (+ MadVR) especially on lower resolution files !! The file keeps playing and I hear the sound.
The only way to fix this seem to be to select the GPU in LAV video decoder settings. Please let me know if you need more details.

Issues like that which are exclusive to Native D3D11 mode you should report to madshi, if it happens only with certain files make sure to include one. madVR directly processes the textures in Native mode, so only he has access to see whats going on.

In the meantime this problem seem to have been limited to SD resolution files only but now all (tested) files are affected !!
https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.p...EN#post1838738
madjock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2018, 09:57   #52537  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryrynz View Post
Madshi, when using the keyboard shortcut to option the settings, can you return focus back to the player please? It's fine if you use the the context menu to get into the settings.
Why would you want the focus on the media player, when the settings dialog is open? If you open the settings dialog, you want to use it, no?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mogli View Post
Both HDR and SDR (and every material/setting/decoder/etc. I tried). Yes, this problem happens with v0.92.15 only.
Can you please try the 2 different builds here?

http://madshi.net/madVR9215b.zip

Please test both builds and let me know if both work, or only one or none.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainyDog View Post
Found and fixed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by madjock View Post
Ah ok. I said back then that I would rework native D3D11 support at some point in the future. And I will.
madshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2018, 09:59   #52538  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuriHL View Post
jmone, you around? I'm HOPING it's just me, but, the latest build does not fix the subtitle issue for me. I don't know if this was supposed to be fixed or not but I don't get subs showing up at all. Just wondering if jmone (or anyone else) has tested it.
Subtitles are fine for me.
Old 20th September 2018, 10:01   #52539  |  Link
ryrynz

Quote:
Why would you want the focus on the media player, when the settings dialog is open? If you open the settings dialog, you want to use it, no?
Not when it's open, when it's closed. For some reason my Media player doesn't get focus.. my other PC though I've just found out does get focus, so must be media player settings.. Guess I'll have to figure it out.
ryrynz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2018, 10:14   #52540  |  Link
mogli

Quote:
Can you please try the 2 different builds here?

http://madshi.net/madVR9215b.zip

Please test both builds and let me know if both work, or only one or none.
Both work fine, yeah.
mogli is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
direct compute, dithering, error diffusion, madvr, ngu, nnedi3, quality, renderer, scaling, uhd upscaling, upsampling