Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 7th November 2009, 10:52   #5901  |  Link
MvB
dings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
@MvB

I'm thinking it may be FFMS2.DLL that's causing many of these sync problems. I notice from your post that it has been used. What I don't understand is why it is even being called on your system? Do you have FFDSHOW and HAALI installed per the first post of this thread? FFMS2.DLL was only put there to cover some issues in Windows 7.

I think I'm going to pull it out in the next version of BD Rebuilder. It's more trouble than it's worth. I've already added some checks for FFDSHOW and HAALI.
Thanks for your great programm and all the effort in bringing that thing to work correctly.

I've installed ffdshow and haali on my XP 32 bit.

Is there a possibility to tell BD-Rebuilder not to use ffms2.dll for decoding?

Thanks
MvB
MvB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2009, 13:36   #5902  |  Link
Lynxs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moviewatcher666 View Post
Hello everyone,

Blu-ray Player:
Panasonic DMP-BD35

What I have tried:
First success with RD-RB ver. .29 Monsters vs. Aliens Region A. Ripped with AnyDVD HD. Shrunk to BD-25 as Full Backup, Quick Encode on, High Speed BD-25, Do not convert DTS on, Do not re-encode AC3 on, Keep HD Audio on. Plays perfectly on BD player.
@Moviewatcher666,

Could you do me a favour and report back? For your Monsters vs. Aliens copy, could you check the "Animator's Corner" PiP extra when the movie is playing and see if you have audio.

I'm having a few problem with full backup BD-9. If you've got audio then I'm going to try to recode using your settings. Thanks

-Lynx
Lynxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2009, 15:18   #5903  |  Link
Moviewatcher666

Monsters vs. Aliens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynxs View Post
@Moviewatcher666,

Could you do me a favour and report back? For your Monsters vs. Aliens copy, could you check the "Animator's Corner" PiP extra when the movie is playing and see if you have audio.

I'm having a few problem with full backup BD-9. If you've got audio then I'm going to try to recode using your settings. Thanks

-Lynx
Hey Lynx,

I did not do as BD9. I did as BD25.

Second audio on PIP video works but is seriously out of sync. Never noticed before.

jdobbs--Why would the audio of PIP video be out of sync on full backup BD25 shrink of Monsters vs. Aliens?

Moviewatcher666
Moviewatcher666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2009, 15:24   #5904  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharc View Post
BD-RB v0.31.01, Movie NCFM, Movie only, 2 x audio AC3 448, 1-pass crf, no resize, strict avchd, BD5:
=> Audio lags video by about 1 sec for both audio tracks.

Extracting the audio with eac3to from the original disc reports no delay for the LPCM track (eng), and a delay of 1001 ms for the ac3 tracks.
BD-RB selects the LPCM track as first audio (eng) and one of the ac3 tracks as second audio.
Any suggestion?
I did this movie (Region A) overnight. Movie-Only, kept both English audio tracks and reencoded at 448, used 1-pass CRF, no resize, strict AVCHD, and output to BD-5. On my disc there was no audio delay on either of the tracks.

It came out with the audio synched correctly. Could you post your INI so I can make sure my settings match yours? Also, could you look at MUX_MOVIE_ONLY.META and see if the audio is adjusted for either of the tracks? If it is you should see "timeshift=" in the line associated with the track.

Last edited by jdobbs; 7th November 2009 at 16:01.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2009, 15:26   #5905  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MvB View Post
Thanks for your great programm and all the effort in bringing that thing to work correctly.

I've installed ffdshow and haali on my XP 32 bit.

Is there a possibility to tell BD-Rebuilder not to use ffms2.dll for decoding?

Thanks
MvB
You can add this:

[Paths]
FFMS2=

It will see the path as empty, and assume it doesn't exist.

But I'm not sure it will help in your case -- because it won't even try to load it until it fails with FFDSHOW.

Last edited by jdobbs; 7th November 2009 at 15:31.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2009, 16:42   #5906  |  Link
Sharc

Quote:
I did this movie (Region A) overnight. Movie-Only, kept both English audio tracks and reencoded at 448, used 1-pass CRF, no resize, strict AVCHD, and output to BD-5. On my disc there was no audio delay on either of the tracks.

It came out with the audio synched correctly. Could you post your INI so I can make sure my settings match yours? Also, could you look at MUX_MOVIE_ONLY.META and see if the audio is adjusted for either of the tracks? If it is you should see "timeshift=" in the line associated with the track.
My version is region B.

Here the .ini (to my best knowledge as it was ...):
[Options]
#FIXED_CRF=19
QUICK_CRF=26
#TWEAK_PASS_ONE=--me umh --tune film
#TWEAK_PASS_TWO=--me umh --tune film
#KEEP_MBTREE
QUICK_USE_QUALITY=1
SHOW_ENCODER=1
FORCE_ENCODE=0
PROCESS_SECONDARY=1
RESIZE=0
MODE=1
AUDIO_TO_KEEP=deu;eng;ger;
SUBS_TO_KEEP=deu;ger;
SD_CONVERT=0
COLOR_BOOST=0
RESIZE_1080=0
DTS_REENCODE=1
AC3_REENCODE=1
AC3_640=0
KEEP_HD_AUDIO=0
AVCHD=1
REMOVE_WORKFILES=0
AUDIO_TRACK_LIMIT=1
SUBTITLE_TRACK_LIMIT=0
CUSTOM_TARGET_SIZE=23450
VERBOSE_STATUS=1
ONEPASS_ENCODING=1
TARGET_SIZE=4369
[Paths]
WORKING_PATH=C:\TEMP\BD REBUILDER\
SOURCE_PATH=F:\BD MOVIES\BD NCFM\

The MUX_MOVIE_ONLY.META is here

Last edited by Sharc; 7th November 2009 at 16:51.
Sharc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2009, 17:57   #5907  |  Link
Tongariro

Hello everyone

I am trying to do Full Backup BD25 for Transformer2 and Star Trek generation.
Using 31.01(Keep HD udio , high quality 2 pass) the backup was successful but i cant even see the movie on my PowerDVD 9 nor my Panasonic BD player(BD35).

When Inserting the BD i can see back screen with the timer counting endlessly no menu no video.

what am I doing wrong?
Tongariro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2009, 23:07   #5908  |  Link
DVD Maniac

Batch Mode Bug with Alternative Movie

I thought I saw a update entry stating this was fixed but I don't think it has based on my recent efforts with 24 Seties 7. Pending the title blanking feature i'm resorting to a Movie Only route, each time i'm going for Alternative Movie choice and selecting each episode in turn, saving to a new processing path and saving as a backup project to run in Batch mode. I tried running these last night in Batch mode but the 2nd, 3rd and 4th disc episodes are just repeats of the first disc episode (ie - the job file does not appear to be saving the specific title I want run each time - it just resorts to the first title each time).
DVD Maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2009, 06:20   #5909  |  Link
skylab1

Quote:
@MvB

I'm thinking it may be FFMS2.DLL that's causing many of these sync problems. I notice from your post that it has been used. What I don't understand is why it is even being called on your system? Do you have FFDSHOW and HAALI installed per the first post of this thread? FFMS2.DLL was only put there to cover some issues in Windows 7.

I think I'm going to pull it out in the next version of BD Rebuilder. It's more trouble than it's worth. I've already added some checks for FFDSHOW and HAALI.

I am having the same Sync problem as well, I am doing Amadeus and the audio and video won't sync at all. I never had this problem until the FFMS2.dll start to pop up. As of now I can't back anything until this problem is fix.

This is the log:
[19:51:25] BD Rebuilder v0.31.01 (beta)
- Source: AMADEUS
- Input BD size: 31.26 GB
- Approximate total content: [03:00:25.689]
- Target BD size: 19.53 GB
- Windows Version: 6.1 [7600]
- MOVIE-ONLY mode enabled
- Audio Settings: AC3=0 DTS=0 HD=1 Kbs=640
[19:51:25] PHASE ONE, Encoding
- [19:51:25] Extracting A/V streams [VID_00000]
- [20:40:16] Reencoding: VID_00000 (1 of 1)
- Switching to FFMS2.DLL for decoding.
[21:06:16]PHASE ONE aborted by user request
skylab1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2009, 13:06   #5910  |  Link
MvB
dings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skylab1 View Post
I am having the same Sync problem as well, I am doing Amadeus and the audio and video won't sync at all. I never had this problem until the FFMS2.dll start to pop up. As of now I can't back anything until this problem is fix.

This is the log:
[19:51:25] BD Rebuilder v0.31.01 (beta)
[19:51:25] PHASE ONE, Encoding
- [19:51:25] Extracting A/V streams [VID_00000]
- [20:40:16] Reencoding: VID_00000 (1 of 1)
- Switching to FFMS2.DLL for decoding.
[21:06:16]PHASE ONE aborted by user request
Quote:
8. Recommended: Download and install WMV11 from Microsoft, and set VC-1 decoding to "disabled" in FFDSHOW (allowing the WMV11 codec to be used). This seems to be the codec with the fewest problem on VC-1.

@skylab1

Quote:
But I'm not sure it will help in your case -- because it won't even try to load it until it fails with FFDSHOW.
Thanks jdobbs, now i know why bdrebuilder was loading ffms2.dll.
skylab, did you install wmp11 on your system or did you check in ffdshow video encoder whether vc1 decoding is activated?

Found out because the demuxing bdrebuilder created a .vc1 file. My mistake, after installing wmp11 it seems to work without calling ffms2. Seems like i overlooked number 8.

let's see whether that helps. Encoding will be finished in 11 hours
Old 8th November 2009, 22:36   #5911  |  Link
MvB
dings!

Problem solved

it were the missing wmp11 and vc1. Now everything's working. Thanks for the help.
Old 8th November 2009, 22:39   #5912  |  Link
skylab1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MvB View Post
@skylab1

Thanks jdobbs, now i know why bdrebuilder was loading ffms2.dll.
skylab, did you install wmp11 on your system or did you check in ffdshow video encoder whether vc1 decoding is activated?

Found out because the demuxing bdrebuilder created a .vc1 file. My mistake, after installing wmp11 it seems to work without calling ffms2. Seems like i overlooked number 8.

let's see whether that helps. Encoding will be finished in 11 hours

I have wmp12 installed, comes with win7 ult 64, I disable VC-1 and now it won't even encode.

[11:57:47] PHASE ONE, Encoding
- [11:57:47] Extracting A/V streams [VID_00000]
- [12:46:20] Reencoding: VID_00000 (1 of 1)
- Encode failed. Retrying.
- Reached retry limit. Aborting.
[12:49:56] - Failed video encode, aborted
-----------------------
[13:30:49] BD Rebuilder v0.31.01 (beta)
- Resuming from previously started job.
[13:30:51] PHASE ONE, Encoding
- [13:30:51] Reencoding: VID_00000 (1 of 1)

When I re-enable the VC-1 in ffdshow, the ffms2 come back.
I am at a lost at the point, the last BD I did was superman return and it work fine as always no sync problem.

I also try add ffms2= and that didn't work either, I think removing ffms2 out of the program is the best option.
Old 9th November 2009, 01:22   #5913  |  Link
marius1

Quote:

Please note, though: If you are doing a movie-only encode and have "Strict AVCHD" selected -- DTS and AC3 will always be reencoded to AC3. DTS is not included in the AVCHD standard -- and I reencode AC3 to ensure it stays within the AVCHD 640Kbs/5.1 limits. If you want to override those limits (at your own risk) you can add the following to the "[Options]" area of the config file:

OVERRIDE_AVCHD_AUDIO_LIMIT=1
This totally explains why all my AC3 files have been re-encoded by BD Rebuilder. Mystery solved finally. Is there a place where you have all of the hidden options listed and explained? thanks.
marius1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2009, 02:07   #5914  |  Link
skylab1

Also there is no way to go back to WMP11 once wmp 12 is installed.
Old 9th November 2009, 03:54   #5915  |  Link
GaPony

Quote:
Originally Posted by skylab1 View Post
Also there is no way to go back to WMP11 once wmp 12 is installed.
Apparently there is... http://www.blogsdna.com/2409/downgra...-windows-7.htm
GaPony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2009, 04:46   #5916  |  Link
Duppie

Decoders

Hi There,

I know for VC-1 you must install WMP11 and disable VC-1 in FFDSHOW. I have tested this and it works great. Now for H.264/AVC what codec setting do you use "libavcodec" or "ffmpeg-mt"? Installing the latest FFDSHOW defaults to "ffmpeg-mt", if I am correct. Which one produced the best results for you with the least problems?

Thanks.
Duppie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2009, 06:27   #5917  |  Link
skylab1

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaPony View Post

Thanks for the tip, I'll try that.
Old 9th November 2009, 06:30   #5918  |  Link
skylab1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duppie View Post
Hi There,

I know for VC-1 you must install WMP11 and disable VC-1 in FFDSHOW. I have tested this and it works great. Now for H.264/AVC what codec setting do you use "libavcodec" or "ffmpeg-mt"? Installing the latest FFDSHOW defaults to "ffmpeg-mt", if I am correct. Which one produced the best results for you with the least problems?

Thanks.
My is default to ffmpeg-mt, apparently Amadeus use VC-1 and superman return is not. I would not even notice the problem if I wasn't trying to backup Amadeus.
Old 9th November 2009, 08:19   #5919  |  Link
Lynxs

Quote:
Originally Posted by marius1 View Post
This totally explains why all my AC3 files have been re-encoded by BD Rebuilder. Mystery solved finally. Is there a place where you have all of the hidden options listed and explained? thanks.
@marius1,

You can check the "HIDDENOPTS.TXT" listed in the root of the BD-R directory. They are listed there, however, I've noticed that in browsing jdobbs forum postings that not all of them are listed.

@jdobbs,

For future releases is it possible to have them all listed - cause there seems to be some great switches out there that give this program a lot of flexibility for advanced users?

-Lynx

Last edited by Lynxs; 9th November 2009 at 08:24.
Lynxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2009, 09:50   #5920  |  Link
Duppie

Thanks Skylab1

What I would like to know is what is recommended by jdobbs for encoding H.264/AVC in FFDSHOW and what is preferred by the users? From what I have read in this threat is it seems that Windows 7 / problematic users uses "ffmpeg-mt" but which one (libavcodec / ffmpeg-mt) would produce the best quality?

Thanks
Duppie is offline   Reply With Quote