Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Avisynth Usage

Old 10th April 2017, 08:54   #1  |  Link
fieliapm
Himawari Tachibana

VideoInputSource - grab video frame from video capture card or webcam in real-time

Preface:

I think it is well refined now, so I decide to share this plugin here for every end-user who want to retrieve video from capture device or web camera.

It is developed for my work in the beginning. But I think somebody might need this to processing real-time captured video, so I post here and wish I could help anyone who use AviSynth to do some prototyping easily.

One day, I am asked to import and process real-time captured video and merge with video from files in AviSynth for making some prototype.
In the beginning, I grabbed video frame from DirectShowSource() with grf file as input. However, I found that DirectShowSource() won't duplicate or skip frame when some video capture device (ex. webcam) cannot produce next frame ontime. This phenomenon will cause AviSynth's frame feeding slow down while playing AviSynth script.
For this reason, I made a AviSynth source filter which capture video from video capture device. It is based on a simple video capture library named VideoInput.

Download:

binary (prebuilt with AviSynth SDK 2.5x):
VideoInputSource.dll

source:
VideoInputSource on github

Usage:

The usage of this source filter is as below:
Code:
VideoInputSource(device_id,connection_type,width,height,"fps_numerator","fps_denominator","num_frames","frame_skip")

# device_id: the n-th number of video capture device in your computer

# connection_type: can be these string: "Composite","S_Video","Tuner","USB".
#     I leave this parameter because videoInput library offer this option.

# width, height: the width and height of frames captured from video capture device.

# fps_numerator, fps_denominator: FPS numerator and denominator.
#     Default is 30/1 (30.0fps)

# num_frames: How many frame will be captured from video capture device.
#     This will tell AviSynth the length of this video source.
#     Default it will be the value which makes video source length become 24 hours.

# frame_skip: enable/disable frame skip while next new frame from video capture device is not ready.
#     Default is true.
#     When encoding is faster than real-time playing speed, please set this to false.

For example:

Code:
VideoInputSource(0,"Composite",1920,1080,24,1)
Will grab video from video capture device #0, 1920x1080, 24.0 fps, 24 hours long.

Appendix:

videoInput always output BGR24 packed pixels. For efficiency, current version of VideoInputSource supports AviSynth RGB24 color format only, and cannot be imported into VapourSynth script yet. Since I sometimes use VapourSynth for video processing, I might focus on compatibility of VapourSynth in the future.

By the way, It can work with MP_Pipeline very well since I often test this plugin in separate process generated by MP_Pipeline. However this plugin exclusively accesses to video capture device, so don't create video source from the same video capture device at the same time.
fieliapm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2020, 00:16   #2  |  Link
StainlessS
HeartlessS Usurer

I've done a re-compile of this plugin source filter, and versioned it at v1.02 (did not previously have a version).
Also Added version resource (and v2.60/+ x86 & x64 plugs).

Plugs for Avs v2.58, avs v2.60/+ x86 & x64. + source + Vs 2008 project files.

Available for 30 days on SendSpace below this post or in the HOSTED folder @ MediaFire below this post.
Also available from direct link here:- http://www.mediafire.com/file/4meyk8...00331.zip/file

Code:
# Req VS 2008 Runtimes

# device_id: the n-th number of video capture device in your computer

# connection_type: can be these string: "Composite","S_Video","Tuner","USB".
#     I leave this parameter because videoInput library offer this option.

# width, height: the width and height of frames captured from video capture device.

# fps_numerator, fps_denominator: FPS numerator and denominator.
#     Default is 30/1 (30.0fps)

# num_frames: How many frame will be captured from video capture device.
#     This will tell AviSynth the length of this video source.
#     Default it will be the value which makes video source length become 24 hours.

# frame_skip: enable/disable frame skip while next new frame from video capture device is not ready.
#     Default is true.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Example >>>>>>>>>>>>>

# VideoInputSource.avs

ID=0
CONN="USB"
W=640
H=480
FPS_N=30
FPS_D=1
FRMS=100000
SKIP=False

VideoInputSource(ID,CONN,W,H,FPS_N,FPS_D,FRMS,SKIP)

Return Last

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Using TcpDeliver Plugin :::

TcpServer.avs
Code:
ID=0
CONN="USB"
W=640
H=480
FPS_N=30
FPS_D=1
FRMS=100000
SKIP=False

VideoInputSource(ID,CONN,W,H,FPS_N,FPS_D,FRMS,SKIP)

PORT=53270
TCPServer(port=PORT)
TcpSource.avs
Code:
/*

env->AddFunction("TCPServer", "c[port]i", Create_TCPServer, 0);
    env->AddFunction("TCPSource", "s[port]i[compression]s", Create_TCPClient, 0);

*/

PORT=53270
COMPRESSION="GZip"

TCPSource("127.0.0.1", port=PORT, compression=COMPRESSION)   # "127.0.0.1" = localhost ie same machine or self.
Eg load first script (TcpServer.avs) into Vdub and play. Then load 2nd (TcpSource.avs) script into another instance of Vdub [on same machine] and play.

If server on a remote machine, IP address eg 192.168.1.21, then on local machine use eg TCPSource("192.168.1.21", port=PORT, compression=COMPRESSION)

Still only works in RGB24.

EDIT: TcpDeliver [ TcpServer & TcpSource ] plugin by DJATOM :- https://github.com/DJATOM/TCPDeliver/releases

EDIT: Have tried on single x64 machine, using x86 VideoInputSource and TcpServer, and x64 TcpSource, seems to be no problem between the x86 and x64 plugins.

EDIT: Another thread with a little bit about TcpServer, TcpSource:- https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=1802408

"Some infinities are bigger than other infinities", but how many of them are infinitely bigger ???

Last edited by StainlessS; 31st March 2020 at 01:13.
StainlessS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2020, 03:10   #3  |  Link
Milardo

Hi,

Do you know of a way to add the audio source of a capture device to this so one can hear audio of the stream not just see video?
Milardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2020, 12:04   #4  |  Link
StainlessS
HeartlessS Usurer

Nope, and I dont think the OP poster (author) would know either (and he aint been on-line since Oct 2018).
[He used Public Domain code for the video input stuff, and added the AVS interfacing stuff]
All I did was re-compile for the different dll's. (I wanted x64 ver$)

EDIT: You could maybe contact author on github, maybe he/she is now able to do it, is some kind of pro developer but not specializing in windows devices.
EDIT: He/She was recently active on github.

EDIT: Initial posting in Avs Devs forum:- https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=170311

"Some infinities are bigger than other infinities", but how many of them are infinitely bigger ???

Last edited by StainlessS; 31st March 2020 at 12:22.
Old 22nd May 2020, 13:09   #5  |  Link
fieliapm
Himawari Tachibana

Sorry I didn't came here long time because last year I have no time to focus on AviSynth usage and plugin development.

Somebody ask me so I am back

To reply Milardo's question, I think I should totally rewrite an AVCaptureSource, to capture AV stream by Windows native API directly or based on another full function capture framework.
But it is not an easy job to ensure capture procedure compatible to all AV input device, so it won't happen too soon.

Also thanks to StainlessS for plugin recompilication.
BTW, if you build plugin for official avs, I suggest to compile using Visual C++ 6.0 because official build is based on msvcrt from VC6.
Multiple dll based on different instance of C runtime will make program image in memory refer to two different C runtime code and cause resource leak.
Ideal dynamic linking should be:

VirtualDub.exe ----|

avisynth.dll -> msvcrt.dll. <- dynamic linked C runtime should be the same

plugin.dll ----------|

Last edited by fieliapm; 22nd May 2020 at 13:14.
fieliapm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2020, 15:25   #6  |  Link
StainlessS
HeartlessS Usurer

fieliapm,
thanks for the tip, not something that would have occurred to me.

Old 22nd May 2020, 17:17   #7  |  Link
Milardo

Quote:
Originally Posted by fieliapm View Post
Sorry I didn't came here long time because last year I have no time to focus on AviSynth usage and plugin development.

Somebody ask me so I am back

To reply Milardo's question, I think I should totally rewrite an AVCaptureSource, to capture AV stream by Windows native API directly or based on another full function capture framework.
But it is not an easy job to ensure capture procedure compatible to all AV input device, so it won't happen too soon.

Also thanks to StainlessS for plugin recompilication.
BTW, if you build plugin for official avs, I suggest to compile using Visual C++ 6.0 because official build is based on msvcrt from VC6.
Multiple dll based on different instance of C runtime will make program image in memory refer to two different C runtime code and cause resource leak.
Ideal dynamic linking should be:

VirtualDub.exe ----|

avisynth.dll -> msvcrt.dll. <- dynamic linked C runtime should be the same

plugin.dll ----------|
Thanks for replying, be great when you can implement a complete capture source (video/audio)
Milardo is offline   Reply With Quote