Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > High Efficiency Video Coding (HEVC)
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 5th January 2023, 05:45   #481  |  Link
GodzilaAvenger

Mine works fine. Can you post a screenshot?
GodzilaAvenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2023, 00:50   #482  |  Link
MrDover

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodzilaAvenger View Post
Mine works fine. Can you post a screenshot?

Image Link: https://ibb.co/vQ5vKqg

Last edited by MrDover; 6th January 2023 at 00:53.
MrDover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2023, 00:51   #483  |  Link
MrDover

Link to image

link: https://ibb.co/vQ5vKqg
Old 6th January 2023, 02:43   #484  |  Link
GodzilaAvenger

It's a bit odd since the menu itself doesn't use 'findstr' per se, though one of the submenus does (you can open DDVT_DEMUXER in a text editor to see the code). Try this and see if it fixes the problem.
Old 6th January 2023, 16:32   #485  |  Link
Chilly

Please tell me who used DDVT_MKVTOMP4, these MP4 files with DVP8 will play on DV capable TV?

And yet, after converting MKV to MP4, audio and subtitles are designated as "SoundHandler" and "SubtitleHandler" in Media Player Classic. Correct (other) titles are displayed in MediaInfo. How can this be fixed?

Last edited by Chilly; 6th January 2023 at 18:39.
Chilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2023, 19:51   #486  |  Link
MrDover

Quote:
It's a bit odd since the menu itself doesn't use 'findstr' per se, though one of the submenus does (you can open DDVT_DEMUXER in a text editor to see the code). Try this and see if it fixes the problem.
This seemed to work great thank you very much. I didn’t think to google that error as I thought it was maybe just a bug with the tool rather than something with my own computer
Old 28th January 2023, 21:46   #487  |  Link
V_Amoleo

I've been using this set of tools to convert HDR10+ to Dolby Vision with great success but I've now come across two titles where I'm struggling.

I have a UK three UHD Blu-ray collection of Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz and The World's End. Shaun of the Dead converted from HDR10+ to Dolby Vision no problem at all. But I've tried the other two and they both create broken Dolby Vision versions (messed up colours, brightness all over the place).

I noticed that Shaun of the Dead, after conversion is labelled in MediaInfo as "Dolby Vision, Version 1.0, dvhe.08.06, BL+RPU, HDR10 compatible / SMPTE ST 2094 App 4, Version 1, HDR10+ Profile B compatible" but Hot Fuzz and The World's End are labelled as "Dolby Vision, Version 1.0, dvhe.07.06, BL+EL+RPU, Blu-ray compatible / SMPTE ST 2094 App 4, Version 1, HDR10+ Profile B compatible"

I'm pretty sure I used these settings for all three:
DDVT DEMUXER
Save HDR BL: No, Default.
Save HDR10+ Metadata: No, Default.
Skip HDR10+ Validation: No, Default.
Remove HDR10+ Metadata from BL: No, Default.
Convert HDR10+ Metadata to DV: Yes, Default.
Content Mapping Version: 4.0.

DDVT INJECTOR
Delay: 0 Frames, Default.
Match L6 Metadata: No, Default.
Remove HDR10+: No, Default.
Mux Stream in MKV: Yes.
Edit Active Area: Left = 0, Top = 264, Right = 0, Bottom = 264. Automatically detected as the RPU didn't match the video.

Any ideas?
V_Amoleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2023, 17:39   #488  |  Link
von Suppé

Injecting HDR10+ metadata has stopped working in the DDVT_INJECTOR.cmd. Pressing S for Start doesn't seem to launch anything. Injecting HDR10+ with hdr10plus_tool.exe cmd works.
RPU injecting goes properly with the script. Can you have a look please?

Last edited by von Suppé; 31st January 2023 at 18:23.
von Suppé is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2023, 19:52   #489  |  Link
GodzilaAvenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by V_Amoleo View Post
I have a UK three UHD Blu-ray collection of Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz and The World's End. Shaun of the Dead converted from HDR10+ to Dolby Vision no problem at all. But I've tried the other two and they both create broken Dolby Vision versions (messed up colours, brightness all over the place).

I noticed that Shaun of the Dead, after conversion is labelled in MediaInfo as "Dolby Vision, Version 1.0, dvhe.08.06, BL+RPU, HDR10 compatible / SMPTE ST 2094 App 4, Version 1, HDR10+ Profile B compatible" but Hot Fuzz and The World's End are labelled as "Dolby Vision, Version 1.0, dvhe.07.06, BL+EL+RPU, Blu-ray compatible / SMPTE ST 2094 App 4, Version 1, HDR10+ Profile B compatible"

Any ideas?
It's odd that you're getting a Profile 7 RPU, as far as I know you should be getting a Profile 8 one like Shaun of the Dead. You could use the FRAMEINFO tool on the RPUs of Hot Fuzz and Shaun of the Dead to get all the frame info in a .json file and then compare them and the two hdr10plus.json files to see if you can spot the difference. Apart from that, maybe try CM2.9, and also check your workflow to ensure you're not accidentally injecting the wrong RPU.

Quote:
Originally Posted by von Suppé View Post
Injecting HDR10+ metadata has stopped working in the DDVT_INJECTOR.cmd. Pressing S for Start doesn't seem to launch anything. Injecting HDR10+ with hdr10plus_tool.exe cmd works.
RPU injecting goes properly with the script. Can you have a look please?
I tried the HDR10+ injector tool yesterday and it was working fine. Were you able to figure out what the problem was?

On that note, I don't think HDR10+ injection needs video border analysis, so maybe it can be skipped in future versions of the tool.
Old 3rd February 2023, 21:15   #490  |  Link
von Suppé

Quote:
I tried the HDR10+ injector tool yesterday and it was working fine. Were you able to figure out what the problem was?
Maybe. That is, tried with version 0.48c beta and injecting HDR10+ goes well. I reckon this version uses an older "hdr10plus_tool.exe" but I highly doubt if that makes the difference. Because latest hdr10plus_tool.exe works when run with cli.

Tried again on latest QfG version. Very short path, no weird characters in path & names. Still no dice. I think it's a bug in the script.
Or can I be unaware of usage change? Videosource is "video.hevc". HDR10+ metadata is "HDR10Plus.json".
Still works with 0.48c. Note I am on Windows 7.
Old 3rd February 2023, 22:07   #491  |  Link
GodzilaAvenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by von Suppé View Post
Maybe. That is, tried with version 0.48c beta and injecting HDR10+ goes well. I reckon this version uses an older "hdr10plus_tool.exe" but I highly doubt if that makes the difference. Because latest hdr10plus_tool.exe works when run with cli.

Tried again on latest QfG version. Very short path, no weird characters in path & names. Still no dice. I think it's a bug in the script.
Or can I be unaware of usage change? Videosource is "video.hevc". HDR10+ metadata is "HDR10Plus.json".
Still works with 0.48c. Note I am on Windows 7.
I think I figured out what the problem is. Injecting into .mp4 and .mkv works fine, but not into .hevc because of a bug. For a temporary fix, replace this line
Code:
CHOICE /C 1S /N /M "Select a Letter 1,[S]tart"
(should be line 433) with this line
Code:
CHOICE /C 1WS /N /M "Select a Letter 1,[S]tart"
Another, perhaps better fix would be to replace (line 436, without changing line 433)
Code:
if "%ERRORLEVEL%"=="2" (
	if "%MUXINMP4%"=="NO" set "MUXINMP4=YES"
	if "%MUXINMP4%"=="YES" set "MUXINMP4=NO"
	if "%MUXINMKV%"=="NO" set "MUXINMKV=YES"
	if "%MUXINMKV%"=="YES" set "MUXINMKV=NO"
)
with
Code:
if "%ERRORLEVEL%"=="2" (
	if "!RAW_FILE!"=="TRUE" (
		goto HDR10P_BEGIN
	) else (
		if "%MUXINMP4%"=="NO" set "MUXINMP4=YES"
		if "%MUXINMP4%"=="YES" set "MUXINMP4=NO"
		if "%MUXINMKV%"=="NO" set "MUXINMKV=YES"
		if "%MUXINMKV%"=="YES" set "MUXINMKV=NO"
	)
)
I think this bug was introduced when the HDR10+ delay functionality was added.

Last edited by GodzilaAvenger; 3rd February 2023 at 22:20.
Old 4th February 2023, 11:49   #492  |  Link
von Suppé

Quote:
I think I figured out what the problem is. Injecting into .mp4 and .mkv works fine, but not into .hevc because of a bug. For a temporary fix, replace...
Your suggested script adjustment works like a charm.

for the bug hunt, GA.
Old 6th February 2023, 00:02   #493  |  Link
-QfG-
QfG Group Germany

-v0.51 Online
*Updated dovi_tool to v2.0.1.
*Updated hdr10plus_tool to v1.5.2.
*Updated mkvtoolnix to v 73.0.0.0.
*Bugfix in Injector script for HDR10+ injecting (thx "von Suppé" for finding and "GodzilaAvenger" for fixing).
-QfG- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2023, 09:39   #494  |  Link
PoeBear

Is there any faster way to get an RPU from an m2ts? With DGDecNV, I index the HDR10 and Dolby Vision layers from a disc dump's m2ts, so nothing I manipulate in AviSynth is a raw HEVC. But to get an RPU I have to demux the EL HEVC, to then be able to extract the RPU? If there's no faster/direct way, is it possible to demux/extract from a m2t2 all within DDVT?
PoeBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2023, 10:33   #495  |  Link
-QfG-
QfG Group Germany

I know no way to demux the RPU without extracting the RAW stream from container.
-QfG- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2023, 10:38   #496  |  Link
von Suppé

HDR10+ injecting in hevc stream works again in version 0.51.

Thanks for the update @-QfG-
Old 6th February 2023, 11:31   #497  |  Link
V_Amoleo

Quote:
It's odd that you're getting a Profile 7 RPU, as far as I know you should be getting a Profile 8 one like Shaun of the Dead. You could use the FRAMEINFO tool on the RPUs of Hot Fuzz and Shaun of the Dead to get all the frame info in a .json file and then compare them and the two hdr10plus.json files to see if you can spot the difference. Apart from that, maybe try CM2.9, and also check your workflow to ensure you're not accidentally injecting the wrong RPU.
Thanks for this. I'll take a look at the FRAMEINFO tool.

I'd already tried CM2.9 unfortunately and I did double check it was the correct RPU I was using. Neither of those worked.

Update: Just tried with the latest version (0.5.1 vs 0.5.0) and it's converted fine. One of the tool updates must have fixed it.

Last edited by V_Amoleo; 7th February 2023 at 11:17. Reason: Update
V_Amoleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2023, 23:54   #498  |  Link
MoonKnight

Hey guys, thanks to all the best that help noobs like us here, thank you really much for all the hard work around HDR10+/DOLBY VISION, you guys deserve the best.

Anyway, Anyone to help me fix my commandline with dovi_tool ?

dovi_tool generate -j RPU.json -o RPU_from_json.bin

gives me this error :

Reading generate config file...
Error: unknown variant `dovi_profile`, expected `V29` or `V40` at line 1 column 16

====

my RPU is cmv2.9 , how can I fix this ? conversion from json to .bin does not want to work...
MoonKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2023, 00:52   #499  |  Link
quietvoid

It's not exactly clear what you're trying to do, but going from an exported JSON (using dovi_tool export) back to a .bin is not supported.
Old 11th February 2023, 01:41   #500  |  Link
MoonKnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by quietvoid View Post
It's not exactly clear what you're trying to do, but going from an exported JSON (using dovi_tool export) back to a .bin is not supported.
oh ok, my bad then, I thought the conversion was supported

and yes I used export
MoonKnight is offline   Reply With Quote