Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > One click suites for DVD backup and DVD creation

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 15th January 2010, 04:17   #11  |  Link
QuadraQ

FOLLOWUP: I was able to get things working by first muxing the m2v and ac3 files using ImagoMPEG-Muxer. Then I pull the resulting mpg files in and add the srt files. Now it's outputing correctly with all the video, audio, and subtitle content. I burned the DVD and tested it and everything was good. So the problem must be related to the differences between a single mpg file and the separate m2v and ac3 files.

Separate question: Whenever I use srt files created using CCExtractor 0.53 I get the following error message when building the DVD directory in AVStoDVD:

---------------------------
Illegal characters encountered!
Subtitle contains illegal characters, e.g. non closing brackets <. Please fix before continuing!
OK

I usually get it twice for each title I add to the project. I click OK to dismiss it, and the end result appears to be working fine despite the error messages. Do I need to convert the srt format to something else? What problems could result from illegal characters? I could attach a sample srt file if that would be helpful.
QuadraQ is offline   Reply With Quote