Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Avisynth Usage

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 13th February 2018, 02:06   #1  |  Link
`Orum

Feeding 10 or 16-bit AVS output to x265?

I'm trying to move from x264 to x265, and run into a problem with feeding high depth clips as input. The tail end of my script is this right now:
Code:
f3kdb(input_mode=1, input_depth=16, output_mode=1, output_depth=16, dither_algo=2, grainY=16, grainC=16)
ConvertFromStacked(16)
Prefetch(2)
And while avs2yuv detects this as YUV 4:2:0, 16-bit, x265 (run with -D 10 --input - --fps 24000/1001 --input-res 1920x1080) output never looks correct. So I've messed around with the following trying to get it to work.
  • Not using ConvertFromStacked(), and using -depth 16 to avs2yuv (which it claims is a hack for older AviSynths that don't support true 16 bit)
  • Using output_mode=2 from f3kdb, to stack horizontally instead of vertically (which at least gets the resolution correct), combined with the above
  • Trying 10-bit variants of the above (output_depth=10 / ConvertFromStacked(10)), as, rather curiously, there is no way to tell x265 what bit depth the input is.
In all cases my x265 output looks garbled, and clearly I'm doing something that's very basic incorrectly. Anyone see the obvious that I'm missing?

Last edited by `Orum; 13th February 2018 at 02:13.
`Orum is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
avs2yuv, avs2yuv64, x265