Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Old 24th February 2016, 23:01   #4961  |  Link
hello_hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyCar View Post
Is there any way to auto-load audio after AVS script created?
If you're referring to loading it into the audio section for encoding, after you've indexed the source file with the File Indexer, that's what should happen. For source files where MeGUI can extract the audio (AVI and MP4 being notable exceptions), the extracted audio should be loaded into the audio section. For those source types where it can't extract the audio, it should create a script to re-encode it instead. You can also load video files containing audio directly into the audio section (I don't know if it works for every file type).

If you're referring to getting MeGUI to combine the encoded video and audio into a finished output file for you, try the AutoEncode button. That's pretty much what AutoEncode does. If you've extracted the audio and don't want to re-encode it, use the "X" button in the audio section to clear it before clicking AutoEncode. When the AutoEncode window opens, there's a checkbox for adding existing audio to the output. Check it, click Queue, and a second window will open for adding existing streams to the output.
hello_hello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2016, 14:50   #4962  |  Link
Octo-puss

Quote:
Originally Posted by hello_hello View Post
Given it's an AVI containing lossless video, you could try opening the Script Creater from the Tools menu and selecting the AVI as the input video. When MeGUI asks how you want to open it, select AviSource. No indexing required.
A bit late to the party... I don't have such option in the dialogue. What do I do? I only see one click encoder, file indexer, or directshowsource (which gives me some error message about not being able to render the file).
edit: oh nevermind, this file I have here is in mkv container. Guess I'll have to wait 3 hours for the damn index to be created

Last edited by Octo-puss; 27th February 2016 at 14:56.
Octo-puss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2016, 15:12   #4963  |  Link
LigH
German doom9/Gleitz SuMo

If you have an AVI, MeGUI should use AviSource instead of DirectShowSource.

3 hours for an index? Shouldn't that be just a matter of few minutes?

New German Gleitz board
MediaFire: x264 | x265 | VPx | AOM | Xvid
LigH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2016, 18:17   #4964  |  Link
Octo-puss

It's a 70GB file...
Too bad there's no way to simply open it and start encoding without creating that damn index when the container is mkv.
Octo-puss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2016, 18:26   #4965  |  Link
LigH
German doom9/Gleitz SuMo

Oh, there are many ways. Just not all of them are provided by MeGUI. And indexing is not the worst way to provide reliable access to the content; but still, even it it has 70 GB, 3 hours are surprisingly much.

Alternative source filters would require to edit an AviSynth script manually and open it in the main dialog as video source. There is e.g. DSS2Mod which preferably uses a local copy of LAV Filters via a direct API instead of DirectShow. But I believe it handles video only.

New German Gleitz board
MediaFire: x264 | x265 | VPx | AOM | Xvid
LigH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2016, 18:35   #4966  |  Link
Groucho2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by LigH View Post
but still, even it it has 70 GB, 3 hours are surprisingly much.
Over a 100Mbit network connection or a very slow hard drive this would be about the time it takes.
Groucho2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2016, 09:43   #4967  |  Link
hello_hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octo-puss View Post
A bit late to the party... I don't have such option in the dialogue. What do I do? I only see one click encoder, file indexer, or directshowsource (which gives me some error message about not being able to render the file).
edit: oh nevermind, this file I have here is in mkv container. Guess I'll have to wait 3 hours for the damn index to be created
DirectShowSource would be the no-indexing option for MKV.

DirectShowSource isn't usually recommended because it's not frame accurate when seeking and relies on having an appropriate DirectShow codec installed for decoding, which is out of MeGUI's control, and for MKV I think you'll also need the Haali Media Splitter installed, but DirectShowSource would be worth trying, especially if the source contains lossless video, and especially if the alternative is three hours of indexing. If you're just encoding from start to finish, it should be fine.

The Script Creator also has an option to use DSS2, which comes with the Haali splitter, and should be more reliable.

Also, if the MKV contains audio, trying indexing with ffmsindex instead of L-Smash. For ffmsindex, MeGUI tells it to only index the video. For L-Smash it doesn't, probably because L-Smash doesn't have such an option (I'm not 100% sure), so as a result L-Smash indexing can take a lot longer. Maybe twice as long?

For file types where MeGUI indexes but can't extract the audio, so instead it creates a script to encode it, if you include the audio in the indexing job it'll have to be indexed, but for MKV when you tell the file indexer to include the audio it'll extract it, which can be slow for large files, but using ffmsindex will at least ensure it's not being unnecessarily indexed too.
(If ffmsindex gives you any problems, try setting "ffms thread count" to "1" in MeGUI's settings).
Old 5th March 2016, 01:01   #4968  |  Link
kuchikirukia

Why doesn't MeGUI come with anything? I just downloaded it on my other computer so I could start to encode there, moved my plugins, but MeGUI was hopeless because it had nothing -- no LSMASH, and not even x264.

E:
Quote:
invalid arguments to function assumetff
Remove ()

Quote:
I don't know what "assumetff" means
Oh joy.

And would you look at that, someone saved 2.6MT as a 7z so Windows can't even open it.

Last edited by kuchikirukia; 5th March 2016 at 01:13.
kuchikirukia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2016, 09:38   #4969  |  Link
hello_hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuchikirukia View Post
Why doesn't MeGUI come with anything? I just downloaded it on my other computer so I could start to encode there, moved my plugins, but MeGUI was hopeless because it had nothing -- no LSMASH, and not even x264.
It probably would have been easier to copy your MeGUI folder over from your other computer while you were moving plugins, but all the tools normally included in the update_cache folder in the zip file you download.......L-smash, x264, x265, mkvtoolnix..... there's normally 20 or more..... they weren't included in the file you downloaded?
Old 5th March 2016, 15:05   #4970  |  Link
kuchikirukia

Ah, yes, I see that they are in update_cache. Why aren't they out where they belong?
MeGUI is a portable front-end to portable apps. Shipping as a front-end to nothing and needing to go through an install process to reach a usable state goes against all expectation of a portable program.

One of MeGUI's strengths is that the individual tools are exposed for external use. I'd download MeGUI even if I didn't use MeGUI just because its toolkit is so comprehensive. "A folder full of archives" isn't really the same thing.
kuchikirukia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2016, 16:07   #4971  |  Link
hello_hello

I haven't installed MeGUI from scratch in quite a while, but I'm pretty sure if you run the updater it'll unpack all the tools and put them in the tools folder for you. I assume it also checks the update server if it can and downloads any newer tools from there.

I'm not sure why they all start off in the update_cache folder, although one likely reason is so MeGUI knows where to find them if you accidentally delete one of the tools or update one yourself and things go south etc. Whatever the reason, if need be you can delete any of the tools and use the updater to force a "re-install" from the update_cache folder. The average portable program tends not to have an updater, at least not for individual components.

Doesn't MeGUI advise you to run the updater the first time you run it? Maybe not. I can't remember.
Old 5th March 2016, 16:47   #4972  |  Link
stax76

I gave it try with a fresh install, many packages didn't need an update, 19 packages had to be updated, everything was downloaded and extracted within 2 minutes, only thing I noticed is I had to manually enable all packages one by one for updating with context menu. It's however not necessary to update everything because for instance when indexing with l-smash and the l-smash package is not available MeGUI notices it and updates it automatically. Conclusion, no problems as far as I can tell.

Last edited by stax76; 5th March 2016 at 16:50.
stax76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2016, 15:58   #4973  |  Link
sneaker_ger

There is a problem with the included mp4box version and HEVC muxing. It should be updated to a recent version. (From here for example)
sneaker_ger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2016, 19:33   #4974  |  Link
stax76

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneaker_ger View Post
There is a problem with the included mp4box version and HEVC muxing. It should be updated to a recent version. (From here for example)
If you want a static build it's very simple to build with Visual Studio 2015.

https://github.com/gpac/gpac/archive/master.zip

gpac/build/msvc14/gpac_mp4box_mini.sln

latest StaxRip test build has a fresh x64 mp4box build

Last edited by stax76; 7th March 2016 at 19:36.
stax76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2016, 20:08   #4975  |  Link
Zathor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneaker_ger View Post
Please tell me exactly which version to use as I am not able to test anything. So I can simply upload it. This may also be relevant / for interest: https://sourceforge.net/p/megui/bugs/828/
Zathor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2016, 20:22   #4976  |  Link
Zathor

Quote:
Originally Posted by hello_hello View Post
PS Is Zathor still around and okay? I don't think he's posted for a while.
Yes, I am here (again)
It seems there were no major problems during my absence.

Code:
2931 [MediaInfo]            improved DVD audio track language detection
2930 [Audio Encoder]        fixed a crash if a very large audio delay is used
2629 [OneClick]             fixed Blu-Ray playlist processing if a track has no proper language tag (regression of 2572)
2628 [x264]                 added 16:15 to the --sar values during the last months.
Old 7th March 2016, 20:34   #4977  |  Link
sneaker_ger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zathor View Post
Please tell me exactly which version to use as I am not able to test anything.
http://download.tsi.telecom-paristec...ster-win32.exe
sneaker_ger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2016, 20:52   #4978  |  Link
Zathor

Thanks, uploaded (together with a new x265 version).
Old 8th March 2016, 19:46   #4979  |  Link
leon

couldn't update MeGUI 2627 to the recent version (2632) :

leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2016, 22:36   #4980  |  Link
Zathor

Please try it a second time (or third/fourth/...)