Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Software players

Old 14th November 2021, 10:16   #1  |  Link
LDD9O

GridPlayer (Multi-Video Player based on VLC Player)

https://github.com/vzhd1701/gridplayer

About

Simple VLC-based media player that can play multiple videos at the same time. You can play as many videos as you like, the only limit is your hardware. It supports all video formats that VLC supports (which is all of them). You can save your playlist retaining information about the position, sound volume, loops, aspect ratio, etc.

Features

Cross-platform (Linux, Mac, and Windows)
Support for any video format (VLC)
Hardware & software video decoding
Control video aspect, playback speed, zoom
Set loop fragments with frame percision
Configurable grid layout
Easy swap videos with drag-n-drop
Playlist retains settings for each video

---

Some screenshot so you don't have to open links:

PS: I'm not the developer.
LDD9O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2021, 19:46   #2  |  Link
therube

Not bad.
I've only dabbled with it so far.
My intended usage is to find related clips, so being able to drag a selection of files, & see them all at once is quite nice.

I've come across a few clips (I believe they were some old .mpg) which fail to play, though given that under the hood it uses VLC, I find that kind of odd.
(Didn't actually check that the files play in VLC, have to assume they do, but the next time I run across, I will...)

Another oddity.

Say you're displaying 5 clips across the screen, but on the last row, there is 2 more clips left (to display), those two will fit the screen size (so being very wide, relative) rather then being sized the same as the other 5 clips.
therube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2021, 10:26   #3  |  Link
LDD9O

You should share the file privately (or publicly) or do a small cut of the file and share it with the author and report it as a bug. The author is quite active and have been fulfilling all feature request so far that I asked for. Use the Github page page.

Not sure about your display issue, playing around with the layout option might get what you want. I'm happy with 4 screen mode at the moment so haven't test with other clips. Maybe once I have more vertical/phone layout video I will run into layout issue like you.
LDD9O is offline   Reply With Quote