Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 4th January 2022, 10:13   #31081  |  Link
SeeMoreDigital
Life's clearer in 4K UHD

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrVideo View Post
As the old saying goes: Because I Can!
And what will be in this second video file?
Old 4th January 2022, 21:10   #31082  |  Link
AmigaFuture

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeMoreDigital View Post
If all you're muxing is a single video file, why do you need a menu (which is another video file)?
Sometimes it's nice just to see what the movie is, if you don't always label discs or you only put "Yuletude - 2019; via a menu.

Sometimes "Just because I can." is the fun of it.
Old 4th January 2022, 21:46   #31083  |  Link
SeeMoreDigital
Life's clearer in 4K UHD

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmigaFuture View Post
Sometimes it's nice just to see what the movie is, if you don't always label discs or you only put "Yuletude - 2019; via a menu.
Personally, I don't know why anyone would need a 'movie poster menu image' when playing movie back-ups from a disc!

That being said, in days gone by when I had loads of .iso movie files stored on my NAS, if I wanted to see a movie poster image, I'd simply create a .jpeg file and name it exactly the same as the .iso movie
Old 4th January 2022, 22:48   #31084  |  Link
AmigaFuture

"Movie poster menu image"? I didn't comment on that before but I considered that to be an odd description. Also, "Yuletide - 2019" isn't a movie you may buy. I made a recording for my Son during Yuletide and that's what I named it in the menu...with the default background. On the Disc, I wrote, "This is what Christians plagerise as 'Christmas'." which he really enjoyed. So, 2 different notes. BD-RB isn't just for making personal backups of bought discs. It's sweet to know there are different ways to implement ideas.

I have .jpg files for some movies also.
Old 4th January 2022, 23:08   #31085  |  Link
SeeMoreDigital
Life's clearer in 4K UHD

Well I'm totally confused now.

Either way, I'm of the opinion that whatever/whichever way @MrVideo is going about backing up his 'single video' discs. He's making life very difficult for himself - and I suspect others...
Old 5th January 2022, 01:43   #31086  |  Link
MrVideo

Life is not more difficult. If one just burns a video file, or files, onto a BD-ROM, not all BD players will honor any chapter marks. If you use tsMuxer to create a BD/UHD format for you, when said video is finished, it does not stop, it repeats. Also, you can only put one file onto a disc with tsMuxer. With BDRB, your can have as many files on the disc that will fit within the available space. You can have a nice looking menu. If only one file on the disc, it will return to the menu when done. Plus, chapter marks will always work.

Again, Because I Can!
MrVideo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2022, 01:45   #31087  |  Link
DrinkLyeAndDie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
Thanks. By the way, there are some options you can put in the NVENCCRE.INI file (that is created in the installation folder) that can customize some of the defaults I put on the dropdown menus...
I have one more request if possible. Is there any chance of adding audio amplify into NVENCCRe as it works in BDRB?

Thank you for the application. It's definitely a welcome addition to the toolbox.
DrinkLyeAndDie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2022, 10:14   #31088  |  Link
SeeMoreDigital
Life's clearer in 4K UHD

Quote:
.. If you use tsMuxer to create a BD/UHD format for you, when said video is finished, it does not stop, it repeats. Also, you can only put one file onto a disc with tsMuxer. With BDRB, your can have as many files on the disc that will fit within the available space. You can have a nice looking menu. If only one file on the disc, it will return to the menu when done. Plus, chapter marks will always work.
Hmmm...

With regard to the newer 'open source' builds of TSmuxer GUI, I haven't had any problems creating single movie muxes with chapters. They all play on my OPPO perfectly. Even the ones with Dolby Vision.
Old 5th January 2022, 11:06   #31089  |  Link
MrVideo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeMoreDigital View Post
With regard to the newer 'open source' builds of TSmuxer GUI, I haven't had any problems creating single movie muxes with chapters. They all play on my OPPO perfectly. Even the ones with Dolby Vision.
I think I need to rephrase that. tsMuxer does indeed create files with chapters. The problem is the Blu-ray players ignore the skip button when the video is played as a file. I do not have any Oppo players. Do a BD format and all is well.
Old 6th January 2022, 17:52   #31090  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
I think I need to rephrase that. tsMuxer does indeed create files with chapters. The problem is the Blu-ray players ignore the skip button when the video is played as a file. I do not have any Oppo players. Do a BD format and all is well.
The chapters in a BD aren't stored in the M2TS file. They are stored in the MPLS file. So playing "as a file" doesn't have any references to chapters.
Old 6th January 2022, 23:18   #31091  |  Link
MrVideo

Sorry, a "file" in this case needs to be a MKV file. The M2TS file can keep subtitles, while a TS file can't. So, with a M2TS file and a chapter list file, I can build a MKV file with chapter marks. I need to be more specific.
Old 7th January 2022, 00:59   #31092  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkLyeAndDie View Post
I have one more request if possible. Is there any chance of adding audio amplify into NVENCCRe as it works in BDRB?

Thank you for the application. It's definitely a welcome addition to the toolbox.
So how about if I add a hidden option that is a multiplier of the volume like:

AUDIO_VOLUME=1.5

In this case the audio would be increased by 50%

I tried testing the option to normalize -- but it slowed the encode down to 1/6th it's regular speed.
Old 7th January 2022, 11:09   #31093  |  Link
Emulgator
Big Bit Savings Now !

As a sound engineer I guess blind multiplying might lead to users complaining about resulting clipping they didn't foresee.
Normalizing is safe and would be my way to go, users of any sane processing should have to accept that well-spent time for parsing all audio.
What about making that a user's choice ?
Old 7th January 2022, 13:12   #31094  |  Link
cartman0208

Trying to reencode an UHD BD and I get an error during the CQM prediction. I looked into WORKFILES and saw the sample.m2ts is 0kb. So I executed the sample.bat, which I assume creates that sample video and this is the output
Code:
U:\BD-Output\WORKFILES>sample.bat

U:\BD-Output\WORKFILES>"U:\BD_Rebuilder\tools\ffmpeg.exe" -ss 5414.0814 
-i "V:\FULLDISC\RESIDENT_EVIL_4_UHD\BDMV\STREAM\00004.m2ts" -frames 48 -an -sn 
-codec copy -f mpegts -  1>>"U:\BD-OUTPUT\WORKFILES\00004.AVS.SMPL.m2ts"
ffmpeg version 3.4 Copyright (c) 2000-2017 the FFmpeg developers
  built with gcc 7.2.0 (GCC)
  configuration: --enable-gpl --enable-version3 --enable-sdl2 --enable-bzlib --enable-fontconfig --enable-gnutls 
--enable-iconv --enable-libass --enable-libbluray --enable-libfreetype --enable-libmp3lame --enable-libopenjpeg 
--enable-libopus --enable-libshine --enable-libsnappy --enable-libsoxr --enable-libtheora --enable-libtwolame 
--enable-libvpx --enable-libwavpack --enable-libwebp --enable-libx264 --enable-libx265 --enable-libxml2 
--enable-libzimg --enable-lzma --enable-zlib --enable-gmp --enable-libvidstab --enable-libvorbis --enable-cuda 
--enable-cuvid --enable-d3d11va --enable-nvenc --enable-dxva2 --enable-avisynth --enable-libmfx
  libavutil      55. 78.100 / 55. 78.100
  libavcodec     57.107.100 / 57.107.100
  libavformat    57. 83.100 / 57. 83.100
  libavdevice    57. 10.100 / 57. 10.100
  libavfilter     6.107.100 /  6.107.100
  libswscale      4.  8.100 /  4.  8.100
  libswresample   2.  9.100 /  2.  9.100
  libpostproc    54.  7.100 / 54.  7.100
[mpegts @ 00000208a9356600] start time for stream 5 is not set in estimate_timings_from_pts
[mpegts @ 00000208a9356600] Could not find codec parameters for stream 5 
(Subtitle: hdmv_pgs_subtitle ([144][0][0][0] / 0x0090)): unspecified size
Consider increasing the value for the 'analyzeduration' and 'probesize' options
[NULL @ 00000208aabf38e0] missing picture in access unit
    Last message repeated 1 times
Input #0, mpegts, from 'V:\FULLDISC\RESIDENT_EVIL_4_UHD\BDMV\STREAM\00004.m2ts':
  Duration: 01:36:50.82, start: 600.000000, bitrate: 76142 kb/s
  Program 1
    Stream #0:0[0x1011]: Video: hevc (Main 10) (HDMV / 0x564D4448), 
yuv420p10le(tv, bt2020nc/bt2020/smpte2084), 3840x2160 [SAR 1:1 DAR 16:9], 23.98 fps, 23.98 tbr, 90k tbn, 23.98 tbc
    Stream #0:1[0x1100]: Audio: dts (DTS-HD HRA) ([133][0][0][0] / 0x0085), 48000 Hz, 5.1(side), fltp
    Stream #0:2[0x1101]: Audio: ac3 (AC-3 / 0x332D4341), 48000 Hz, stereo, fltp, 224 kb/s
    Stream #0:3[0x1102]: Audio: dts (DTS-HD HRA) ([133][0][0][0] / 0x0085), 48000 Hz, 5.1(side), fltp
    Stream #0:4[0x1103]: Audio: ac3 (AC-3 / 0x332D4341), 48000 Hz, stereo, fltp, 224 kb/s
    Stream #0:5[0x12a0]: Subtitle: hdmv_pgs_subtitle ([144][0][0][0] / 0x0090)
Output #0, mpegts, to 'pipe:':
  Metadata:
    encoder         : Lavf57.83.100
    Stream #0:0: Video: hevc (Main 10) (HDMV / 0x564D4448), yuv420p10le(tv, bt2020nc/bt2020/smpte2084), 
3840x2160 [SAR 1:1 DAR 16:9], q=2-31, 23.98 fps, 23.98 tbr, 90k tbn, 90k tbc
Stream mapping:
  Stream #0:0 -> #0:0 (copy)
Press [q] to stop, [?] for help
[mpegts @ 00000208ad5288c0] Timestamps are unset in a packet for stream 0. This is deprecated and 
will stop working in the future. Fix your code to set the timestamps properly
[mpegts @ 00000208ad5288c0] first pts value must be set
av_interleaved_write_frame(): Invalid data found when processing input
frame=    1 fps=0.0 q=-1.0 Lsize=       0kB time=-00:00:00.12 bitrate=  -0.0kbits/s speed=N/A
video:257kB audio:0kB subtitle:0kB other streams:0kB global headers:0kB muxing overhead: unknown
Conversion failed!
What could be the issue here?

Last edited by jdobbs; 7th January 2022 at 14:02.
cartman0208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2022, 14:34   #31095  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emulgator View Post
As a sound engineer I guess blind multiplying might lead to users complaining about resulting clipping they didn't foresee.
Normalizing is safe and would be my way to go, users of any sane processing should have to accept that well-spent time for parsing all audio.
What about making that a user's choice ?
Yeah. That's definitely an issue. I could do a two pass normalization (which is a lot faster) -- but it would require that ffmpeg is present (so it can do the first pass independent of NVENCC) and then NVENCC can use the volume filter using the returned maximum volume dB value for normalization. That's not a problem if you install NVENCCRE in the BD-RB folder (ffmpeg is included)... but I was hoping to make an independent installation option at some point.

What I'll probably do is have NVENCCRE look for ffmpeg.exe in the tools folder, and enable normalization if it is present.

Last edited by jdobbs; 7th January 2022 at 14:58.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2022, 19:00   #31096  |  Link
DrinkLyeAndDie

Quote:
So how about if I add a hidden option that is a multiplier of the volume like:

AUDIO_VOLUME=1.5

In this case the audio would be increased by 50%

I tried testing the option to normalize -- but it slowed the encode down to 1/6th it's regular speed.
Being a hidden option makes sense and that'd be good.

Personally, I can live without normalization. Fine control is what I'm looking for. By your example would using a lower or higher number allow more fine control? So say 1.1 would be 10%, 1.8 = 80%, etc? Or is it going to be limited to 50% increments?

I don't know how much work for you that this entails. This is just something I would find extremely useful if it's doable without being a massive PITA.

Edit: I previously mentioned an increased in decibels. I was mistaken. Normally when doing some conversions I need to add a gain of roughly 8. I erroneously said decibels.

Last edited by DrinkLyeAndDie; 7th January 2022 at 19:55.
Old 7th January 2022, 23:50   #31097  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkLyeAndDie View Post
Being a hidden option makes sense and that'd be good.

Personally, I can live without normalization. Fine control is what I'm looking for. By your example would using a lower or higher number allow more fine control? So say 1.1 would be 10%, 1.8 = 80%, etc? Or is it going to be limited to 50% increments?

I don't know how much work for you that this entails. This is just something I would find extremely useful if it's doable without being a massive PITA.

Edit: I previously mentioned an increased in decibels. I was mistaken. Normally when doing some conversions I need to add a gain of roughly 8. I erroneously said decibels.
As far as I can tell you can make it as precise as you wish. 1.0008 would work (although I doubt anyone could tell). You could also use .75 to lower the volume by 25%.

I've also added a menu item that will do normalization. It requires ffmpeg.exe in the tools folder (otherwise it is disabled). So if you put NVENCCRE.EXE in the BD-RB folder, it should work just fine. Normalization is the best way to increase volume -- as it uses the existing audio's volume and increases only to the point that can be reached without clipping.

Last edited by jdobbs; 8th January 2022 at 00:26.
Old 8th January 2022, 02:43   #31098  |  Link
jdobbs

For those who are interested, I've posted a new version of NVENCCRE. There is now an audio menu item called "Audio Normalization". There is also a hidden option called AUDIO_VOLUME in which you can set a multiplier to be applied against the audio. If normalization is selected, the AUDIO_VOLUME option is ignored. Normalization requires the FFMPEG.EXE exists in the tools folder (as it is in the BD-RB tools folder).

Note: Using normalization is much preferred over setting an arbitrary volume multiplier. It will set the maximum volume increase available that will not result in audio clipping.

Last edited by jdobbs; 8th January 2022 at 02:46.
Old 8th January 2022, 04:09   #31099  |  Link
DrinkLyeAndDie

Quote:
For those who are interested, I've posted a new version of NVENCCRE. There is now an audio menu item called "Audio Normalization"...
Wonderful. Thank you!
Old 8th January 2022, 07:04   #31100  |  Link
MrVideo

While I personally will never screw with the original audio level, but for those that do, isn't there some small print regarding adjusting E-AC3, TrueHD, DTS-MA, DTS-X? Won't screwing with anything other than DTS/AC3 result in the loss of the lossless audio and/or Atmos?