Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 22nd December 2012, 10:18   #2741  |  Link
kalehrl

Quote:
Do you need the information about the aspect ratio error?
Yes, that's the additional information I would like to see in the AviSynth script creator below resize.
When resizing, it is advisable to choose resolution which will give the least aspect ratio error.
For example, if a movie is shot in 2.35 I choose 640x272, if it is 1.77 - 624x352, 1.85 - 624x336.
This aspect ratio error calculator would take into account the original movie resolution, cropping options and then display the aspect ratio error according to the chosen resolution:

kalehrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2012, 14:49   #2742  |  Link
Zathor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wam7 View Post
Here is a video of exactly what I mean. Do you still need the above? http://youtu.be/6LLjd4mUZkk

You will see that clicking on the 2nd status window does nothing. The 'tick' does not go on and off like the first status window. (It is not on another screen somewhere). Does this just pertain only to my computer?
I cannot see which kind of jobs have been started before the one progress window disapaered. So yes, I still need the files.
Nevertheless I can now reproduce the problem with two idle workers and a OneClick job. After the OneClick has finished the next jobs are done hidden. Is that also your problem?
But even after several hours debugging around I cannot find the cause of this problem and will now stop finding it. I will implement a workaround for this but it will only work for OneClick generated jobs.
EDIT: please try 2237.

Last edited by Zathor; 22nd December 2012 at 16:58.
Zathor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2012, 04:08   #2743  |  Link
hello_hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalehrl View Post
Yes, that's the additional information I would like to see in the AviSynth script creator below resize.
When resizing, it is advisable to choose resolution which will give the least aspect ratio error.
I don't think it's maintained any more and I prefer MeGUI anyway, but HDConvertToX displays the aspect ratio error as a percentage as you make adjustments. I always thought that was a nice addition to the resizing/cropping area.
http://www.videohelp.com/toolsimages/hdconverttox_1192.jpg

The ability to resize up would get my MeGUI improvement vote. Doing it the way other programs tend to.... changing the color of the resize text area to let you know you're doing it, but not actually stopping you.....
Now that MeGUI can do mod2 resizing, the ability to resize up would be next on my wish list.
hello_hello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th December 2012, 10:43   #2744  |  Link
ebuss07

Dont know why this happened -- Local/Server version:2237 | Date's different--2012-6-7|2012-12-22... url: postimage.org/image/a2af4oa4h

Keep gettin' updated.. every damn time also then restart and nothing pops up?!-Megui..

Last edited by ebuss07; 25th December 2012 at 10:46. Reason: png
ebuss07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2012, 00:48   #2745  |  Link
Overdrive80
Anime addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalehrl View Post
Hi, you can download this script http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=165004

In Megui, you write: Subtitle(String(Aspect_Error(4,0,-2,0))). If you want specify output dimensions, then:

Subtitle(String(Aspect_Error(4,0,-2,0, 640, 480)))

Bye,
Old 26th December 2012, 11:48   #2746  |  Link
Zathor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebuss07 View Post

Dont know why this happened -- Local/Server version:2237 | Date's different--2012-6-7|2012-12-22... url: postimage.org/image/a2af4oa4h

Keep gettin' updated.. every damn time also then restart and nothing pops up?!-Megui..
Please delete the file update_cache\megui_core-2237.zip on your own and try it again.
EDIT: if it still fails please upload the complete log.

Last edited by Zathor; 26th December 2012 at 11:54.
Old 26th December 2012, 12:18   #2747  |  Link
momo1984

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zathor View Post
Please delete the file update_cache\megui_core-2237.zip on your own and try it again.
EDIT: if it still fails please upload the complete log.
Hi,
I am facing the same problem. If you go to the megui main site and download the archive file 2237 core and try to extract it. For me it will give an error that the archive is corrupted.

Here is a log of my megui though:

Code:
Connecting to server: http://megui.xvidvideo.ru/auto/stable/
There is 1 file which can be updated.
Updating core. File 1/1.
Could not unzip C:\Users\Administrator\Downloads\MeGUI_2153_x86\update_cache\megui-core_2237.zip. Deleting file.
Error: Could not delete file C:\Users\Administrator\Downloads\MeGUI_2153_x86\update_cache\megui-core_2237.zip
Error: Failed to download file core with error: CouldNotDownloadFile.
Update completed
Error: Files which have been not sucessfully updated: 1
momo1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2012, 14:38   #2748  |  Link
Wam7

Thanks for fixing the status window bug. It was really starting to 'bug' me. I often like to change the priority depending on what else I'm doing and I was unable to do this easily with that bug.

Also thanks for adding subtitle support for .mp4. Excellent.
Wam7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2012, 17:49   #2749  |  Link
unknownsoldierX

I've just had a horrible experience. I set MeGUI to encode a video, edited the audio encode job to switch to a different audio track, but I forgot to edit the mux job.

MeGUI worked on the video for over 5 hours, completed the video encode, tried to mux and gave the error "Exception message: Calling setup of processor failed with error 'Required file 'd:\audio.mp3' is missing". It then deleted the video track it just spent 5 hours encoding.

edit: I understand that there is a "delete intermediate files" option, but it should not do that if there has been a muxing error.

Last edited by unknownsoldierX; 26th December 2012 at 19:43.
unknownsoldierX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2012, 08:52   #2750  |  Link
bin_ch

Zathor, MeGUI stable got mkvtoolnix updated to 5.9.0, but that version of mkvmerge has a bug on muxing date, you might want to push a pre-release build.
bin_ch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2012, 09:15   #2751  |  Link
Zathor

Quote:
Originally Posted by momo1984 View Post
If you go to the megui main site and download the archive file 2237 core and try to extract it. For me it will give an error that the archive is corrupted.
Thanks - I have fixed that yesterday. As I do not have direct control of the mirror site I have uploaded the same file with another name and it seems to work now. Additionally I have uploaded a fully extracted archive to SF.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unknownsoldierX View Post
I understand that there is a "delete intermediate files" option, but it should not do that if there has been a muxing error.
For sure - please upload the full log file covering all involved jobs.
Old 27th December 2012, 09:44   #2752  |  Link
Zathor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bin_ch View Post
Zathor, MeGUI stable got mkvtoolnix updated to 5.9.0, but that version of mkvmerge has a bug on muxing date, you might want to push a pre-release build.
Thanks - but I would like to do a downgrade to 5.8.0 to avoid problems with a pre-release.
Old 27th December 2012, 13:00   #2753  |  Link
unknownsoldierX

Here's the log file.

megui_deletes_incomplete.txt
Old 27th December 2012, 13:43   #2754  |  Link
Zathor

Thx - can you please upload it somewhere else so that we do not need to wait for approval?
Old 27th December 2012, 13:51   #2755  |  Link
LigH
German doom9/Gleitz SuMo

There are many "pastebins" available, like http://paste.frubar.net (supports line highlighting by prepending lines with '@@'; you can limit the storage duration).

New German Gleitz board
MediaFire: x264 | x265 | VPx | AOM | Xvid
LigH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2012, 14:03   #2756  |  Link
unknownsoldierX

http://paste.frubar.net/15367
Old 27th December 2012, 16:05   #2757  |  Link
Zathor

I cannot reproduce it. Was the mux job part of an AutoEncode or OneClick job? Or did you created this mux job with the tools\muxer tool? If yes which one (Adaptive / AVI)?
Old 27th December 2012, 16:09   #2758  |  Link
unknownsoldierX

I used AutoEncode.
Old 27th December 2012, 16:23   #2759  |  Link
Zathor

Quote:
Originally Posted by unknownsoldierX View Post
I used AutoEncode.
Ok, in that case it is intended as the input vide file is a true intermediate file. Those files will be deleted when the corresponding job is finished successful or the job will be deleted. The second part has happened in your case. I have to think about the ways to handle that better - currently I have only the idea that a warning message box should appear when deleting such a job.
Old 27th December 2012, 17:10   #2760  |  Link
unknownsoldierX

Well, I don't think it makes sense to delete intermediate files if there is an error. It would be great if there were a warning message saying which file(s) were affected. Maybe a prompt asking if MeGUI should delete the involved intermediate file(s).

In my situation, I simply forgot to update the mux job. So the encoding when perfectly fine, but then MeGUI couldn't find the audio file it was told to mux, so it deleted the video file. If there is no prompt before deleting such files, I'd rather MeGUI just leave them. Better to leave a couple gigabytes in a folder, which I would easily find and deal with myself, than delete a perfectly fine video stream that took hours to encode.

Disabling the deleting of intermediate files altogether avoids this issue, but then I'd manually be deleting files all the time.

In short, if MeGUI has a file missing error, it shouldn't freak out and delete all the other files which are most likely still viable.