Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 14th January 2020, 07:20   #1  |  Link
PekingDuck

Windows 10 (build 1909) and BD Rebuilder

I’ve been using BD Rebuilder and have not had a problem until Windows 10 updated to build 1909. When I click on BD Rebuilder, all I get is the rotating blue arrow then nothing. It shows up on Windows task manager for a brief second then disappears.

I then installed BD Rebuilder on an old computer with a clean install of Windows 10 (build 1909) and it started up with no problems. When this computer did Windows 10 cumulative and security updates, BD Rebuilder would not start like it did on my first computer. I uninstalled the updates and it still does not run.

The latest version of BD Rebuilder was used on both computers.

Any comments?
PekingDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2020, 13:27   #2  |  Link
Emulgator
Big Bit Savings Now !

You may list the Microsoft KBs that were updated on your fresh build 1909.
Old 14th January 2020, 13:27   #3  |  Link
jdobbs

I had that problem with several programs (but not BD-RB) after a windows upgrade a while back. Right click on the executable and then select "Compatibility" and "Run compatibility troubleshooter". If that isn't it, it's probably your antivirus software.
Old 15th January 2020, 03:19   #4  |  Link
PekingDuck

The Windows updates are: KB4533002, KB4530684, KB4522742, KB4524570. I also disabled the anti-virus...no change.
Old 16th January 2020, 20:04   #5  |  Link
Emulgator
Big Bit Savings Now !

KB4533002 .net framework. Again. I would bark here, but I am avoiding Win10, so I can only guess.
Old 16th January 2020, 21:40   #6  |  Link
LowDead
Elit Amans

I have installed that update without any problem..

//LD
LowDead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2020, 07:12   #7  |  Link
PekingDuck

Unstalled KB4533002...still no change. Looks like I will have to try a different program. Thanks for the suggestions.
Old 21st January 2020, 06:34   #8  |  Link
PekingDuck

It seems if I restart the computer in safe mode, BD Rebuilder starts. So what is the best route I should take when it comes to the computer? Do a clean install, fresh start or reset?
Old 24th January 2020, 04:11   #9  |  Link
UHD 4 Everyone

DO NOT UNINSTALL THE LATEST KB FOR SECURITY UPDATES, that's for the crypto exploit. I had to work 20 hours last Friday patching Win 2016 and 2019 servers and some Win 10 boxes because of how big of a deal it is.
UHD 4 Everyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2020, 18:23   #10  |  Link
Ch3vr0n

Quote:
Originally Posted by UHD 4 Everyone View Post
DO NOT UNINSTALL THE LATEST KB FOR SECURITY UPDATES, that's for the crypto exploit. I had to work 20 hours last Friday patching Win 2016 and 2019 servers and some Win 10 boxes because of how big of a deal it is.
So basically you're telling everyone to be vulnerable to the crypto certificate bug that was so bad the FBI reported it to microsoft (or was it the NSA?). Maybe so you can exploit it?

Hmm, i'll pass, and update when it's offered
Ch3vr0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2020, 18:42   #11  |  Link
CV91913

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch3vr0n View Post
So basically you're telling everyone to be vulnerable to the crypto certificate bug that was so bad the FBI reported it to microsoft (or was it the NSA?). Maybe so you can exploit it?

Hmm, i'll pass, and update when it's offered
I know you enjoy your roll as the forum police but...if you actually read the post, they said NOT to uninstall the update.
CV91913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2020, 19:16   #12  |  Link
Ch3vr0n

Forum police? Yeah right, i'm not even the lowest level of mod. Just a user. However if that's true, feel free to point me to a link whoever "they" are that said not to install it.
Old 24th January 2020, 21:55   #13  |  Link
CV91913

Quote:
Forum police? Yeah right, i'm not even the lowest level of mod. Just a user. However if that's true, feel free to point me to a link whoever "they" are that said not to install it.
The "they" is my feeble attempt at being woke. You know, personal pronoun crap. My point was that you quoted someone that said NOT to uninstall the update in question.
Old 25th January 2020, 01:23   #14  |  Link
Ch3vr0n

Without providing proof of someone (anyone at this point) saying that. You seem to be forgetting that. At this point I could say 'I'm a multi trillionaire with a hundred yachts, homes and cars'. That doesn't make it true if there's no proof.

With a valid link to proof, people can read it and make their own judgement.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
Old 25th January 2020, 01:43   #15  |  Link
CV91913

Quote:
Without providing proof of someone (anyone at this point) saying that. You seem to be forgetting that. At this point I could say 'I'm a multi trillionaire with a hundred yachts, homes and cars'. That doesn't make it true if there's no proof.

With a valid link to proof, people can read it and make their own judgement.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
I guess I am missing something. I always thought there was a difference in the meaning of UNinstall vs install. Sorry.
Old 25th January 2020, 01:45   #16  |  Link
gonca

Ch3vr0n
Read post 10, your post
You are replying to someone who said DO NOT UNINSTALL as though they said DO NOT INSTALL
Please note the extra 2 letters on the third word
gonca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2020, 13:20   #17  |  Link
mercadonegro
mercadonegro

The same thing happened to me when updating, but when I wanted to reinstall REG_MSCOMCTL it told me that it did not exist MSCOMCTL.OCX. I reinstalled it in Windows folders again, but it didn't work. I hope this additional information helps.
Translated by Google.

Last edited by mercadonegro; 17th June 2020 at 13:33.
mercadonegro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2020, 18:02   #18  |  Link
PekingDuck

I stopped trying to figure what the problem was and just reinstalled windows. No problems now.