Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 8th July 2014, 00:23   #20521  |  Link
HWK

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
That works for me. Much appreciated.

I've ordered the LEGO MOVIE 3D edition from Amazon, and it should be here in 2 days.

Thanks.

[Edit] Hmm... the confirmation message from Amazon says "Prime Two-day shipping" -- and then estimates Friday, July 11th for delivery. Is it me, or does 11-7=2 now? It's been a while since I was in school. I have to admit I haven't been keeping up with "new math".
Do you still want me to test? Either way let me know.
Old 8th July 2014, 00:31   #20522  |  Link
IVaN_000

Quote:
Originally Posted by HWK View Post
When you refer to it works, are you referring to backup or playback. I am guessing playback but want to confirm.
Yes, sorry, I meant playback. Backup didn't success, I also tried with another software, the one with bad reputation , with same results.
IVaN_000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2014, 00:39   #20523  |  Link
gonca

Glad to be of help

Quote:
[Edit] Hmm... the confirmation message from Amazon says "Prime Two-day shipping" -- and then estimates Friday, July 11th for delivery. Is it me, or does 11-7=2 now? It's been a while since I was in school. I have to admit I haven't been keeping up with "new math".
Its a binary thing
gonca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2014, 00:50   #20524  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Do you still want me to test? Either way let me know.
Yes, if it's alright. I was hoping it would come by Wed so I could test it and release along with a couple of other fixes -- I have to leave town for a few of days on Thurs for a family reunion.

I'll put in a first-attempt at a fix tomorrow and send you a version to test on LEGO. Meanwhile I'll test on some other sources to make sure it doesn't have any unexpected negative effects.
Old 8th July 2014, 00:55   #20525  |  Link
HWK

Quote:
Yes, if it's alright. I was hoping it would come by Wed so I could test it and release along with a couple of other fixes -- I have to leave town for a few of days on Thurs for a family reunion.

I'll put in a first-attempt at a fix tomorrow and send you a version to test on LEGO. Meanwhile I'll test on some other sources to make sure it doesn't have any unexpected negative effects.
Sounds good to me, will wait for program.
Old 8th July 2014, 11:39   #20526  |  Link
mmick

Quote:
It is kind of funny that my primary machine is also hexa core (i7 3930K @ 4.5 Ghz and liquid cooled)
6 (i7) cores, 12 MB cache pumping at 4.5 GHz ??? and unlocked multiplier AFAIK... wow

In comparison, my little i5-4200U @ 1.6 Ghz (ultrabook) looks VERY pale
mmick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2014, 12:43   #20527  |  Link
HWK

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmick View Post
6 (i7) cores, 12 MB cache pumping at 4.5 GHz ??? and unlocked multiplier AFAIK... wow
On top of that I build myself.
Old 8th July 2014, 16:36   #20528  |  Link
andref4

Quote:
I have managed to figure out cause of failure and why it is failing. In my case I used Region A disc. This is gone be long so bear with me.

[Disc Info]

00042.m2ts contain only 7min and 19 sec from beginning and 00065.m2ts is mvc view for corresponding 00042.m2ts. Normally 3D disc has AVC and MVC view and they are interleaved in ssif folder with file name of avc file. Which allow backwards compatibility with 2D system.

Example 0001.m2ts (AVC) and 0002.m2ts (MVC) will be 0001.ssif with size of 0001 + 0002 combined.

Lego is 3D exclusive and in this case there is no backwards compatibility and will not play in 2D system. Normally disc are backwards compatible, even if they are not as long there is avc stream with full movie, hack like Slysoft Anydvd "simulate 3D display" would work. However in this case it simply doesn't contain full movie avc stream.

Rather it is made of SSIF file, which is not fake or made of two m2ts files commonly found on disc. SSIF file in this case holds actual movie itself and since it only play in 3D, when player plays it is actually reading SSIF file sectors, not interleaved files between two m2ts files normally found in Blu-ray 3D.

Reason why BD-RB can’t back it up is normally when you open disc in BD-RB. It scans all mpls based files and display movie only or all relevant title based on import threshold. In Lego case 00098.mpls tell program movie is 1h 40m and 35 sec which causes it to import, however it imports actual stream from 00042.m2ts and 00065.m2ts which account for size 2,454.44MB seen in BD-RB. Even though program suppose to import full movie but it end up importing 7min and 19 sec segment.

What program need to do in this case is use SSIF file which will successfully import entire movie. Instead of first seven minute and nineteen second and to back it up program will also require telling tsmuxer to use SSIF file for extraction instead of m2ts it normally uses.

Normally if disc is interleaved to create SSIF file, BDMV folder will be close to double the size of movie and in some cases size of disc. However in this case there is not such thing.
The same Problem has the movie Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2 3D that I wrote here end of May. The only thing that worked at moment for me was a movie only rip.
andref4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2014, 16:52   #20529  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Sounds good to me, will wait for program.
Can you check something for me? When BD-RB extracts the audio in movie-only mode it uses the MPLS file for the extraction. Can you try a movie-only encode of LEGO MOVIE and see if the audio is complete? You don't need to reencode, just let the first phase "Extracting A/V streams" complete. The audio files will be in the WORKING PATH folder.

Based on your earlier comments, TSMUXER looks for unequal M2TS/SSIF files and selects the correct stream. I just need to know if TSMUXER makes that choice when an MPLS is used for the demux.

Thanks.
Old 8th July 2014, 17:35   #20530  |  Link
HWK

Quote:
Can you check something for me? When BD-RB extracts the audio in movie-only mode it uses the MPLS file for the extraction. Can you try a movie-only encode of LEGO MOVIE and see if the audio is complete? You don't need to reencode, just let the first phase "Extracting A/V streams" complete. The audio files will be in the WORKING PATH folder.

Based on your earlier comments, TSMUXER looks for unequal M2TS/SSIF files and selects the correct stream. I just need to know if TSMUXER makes that choice when an MPLS is used for the demux.

Thanks.
No, it doesn't. I have attached screenshot to help you assess how BD-RB or tsmuxer will extract with mpls and how it will be done if ssif file is opened. For comparsion I have only included English when doing manually in tsmuxer. This also effect subtitle.

Last edited by HWK; 8th July 2014 at 17:40.
HWK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2014, 17:44   #20531  |  Link
HWK

Quote:
Originally Posted by andref4 View Post
The same Problem has the movie Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2 3D that I wrote here end of May. The only thing that worked at moment for me was a movie only rip.
I have that disc as well, after jdobbs finish with this and if for some reason it still doesn't work. Then I can look into it to see what is different.
Old 8th July 2014, 17:47   #20532  |  Link
HWK

Quote:

If mpls is used and m2ts and ssif exist. Tsmuxer will always give priority to m2ts regardless of what is being done.
Old 8th July 2014, 18:54   #20533  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
If mpls is used and m2ts and ssif exist. Tsmuxer will always give priority to m2ts regardless of what is being done.
Thanks.

That's going to make it more complicated... ughh. I may not have a test version until next week.
Old 8th July 2014, 19:38   #20534  |  Link
omegaman7

I don't recall having a problem with Cloudy 2 3D. But then, all I did was replace the HD audio track, with the 5.1 DVD counterpart :S
Old 8th July 2014, 22:43   #20535  |  Link
gonca

Quote:
You too, it must be a Toronto thing.
Sorry for the OT
gonca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2014, 10:26   #20536  |  Link
mmick

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by gonca View Post
You too, it must be a Toronto thing.
Sorry for the OT
No, I am Portuguese and I used to do that too, I spent hours and hours (and hundreds of €€€) with it... but now I moved out and only ultrabooks are light to travel

Sorry for the OT

back on the subject, yesterday I tested with Frozen 3D:
- Frozen 3D BRay has the main movie devided in several parts, but AFAIK BD Rebuilder detected correctly all of them (today I will test it)

- 3D SBS: very slow encoding, 12 - 14 fps using x264
- 3D MVC: very FAST encoding (as jdobbs said, it will use Quicksync), around 50 - 80 fps

I will test it today and IŽll give my feedback,

Question: Quicksync has several quality profiles, do you know which is used by FRIM?

TRY 1:
3D MVC BD-5 ISO, DTS 2 AC3 conversion (FRIM_SW_DECODE=0 & FRIM_SW_ENCODE=0): 50-80 fps. RESULT: AVC stream *very* good; MVC stream with encoding errors

TRY 2:
3D MVC BD-5 ISO, DTS 2 AC3 conversion (FRIM_SW_DECODE=0 & FRIM_SW_ENCODE=1): 10-12 fps. RESULT: AVC & MVC streams with some encoding macroblocking (as jdobbs said, frim is not so efficient as x264...)

TRY 3:
3D MVC BD-5 ISO, DTS 2 AC3 conversion (FRIM_SW_DECODE=1 & FRIM_SW_ENCODE=0): 20-22 fps. RESULT: still running, I have no hexacore i7 with 12MB cache :-)

Last edited by mmick; 9th July 2014 at 20:31.
Old 9th July 2014, 14:48   #20537  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Question: Quicksync has several quality profiles, do you know which is used by FRIM?
The quality profile is selectable in FRIM. BD-RB will select one based upon your selection under the SETTINGS/ENCODER SETTINGS menu.

I would recommend against using a BD-5 for output (unless it's strictly for testing). 3D video requires much more data than a 2D encode, and a BD-5 just isn't big enough to give decent quality. BD-9 works. But BD-25 is better.

Last edited by jdobbs; 9th July 2014 at 14:51.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2014, 15:44   #20538  |  Link
mmick

Quote:
The quality profile is selectable in FRIM. BD-RB will select one based upon your selection under the SETTINGS/ENCODER SETTINGS menu.

I would recommend against using a BD-5 for output
I am just doing it for testing to see better how all methods use the available bitrate, then when I find a suitable method, IŽll fine tune with the bitrate.

About the Quicksync quality, I assume your answer goes to the Intel QSV preset: Ivy Bridge CPUs have 3 QSV presets, Haswell 7 QSV presets (where level 3 for an Ivy Bridge is excelent quality, and on Haswell is very bad... On Haswell must be set to 7).
Old 9th July 2014, 16:23   #20539  |  Link
jdobbs

I believe it applies to the levels available via the Intel SDK.
Quote:
Haswell must be set to 7
Why?
Old 9th July 2014, 18:04   #20540  |  Link
mmick

Quote:
I believe it applies to the levels available via the Intel SDK.Why?
AFAI heard, after the first tests, at same QSV level Haswell was faster than previous itinerations, but quality was also worse, probably because QSV levels were not the same. If that is true, I have no idea...

http://www.anandtech.com/show/7003/t...4560k-tested/8