Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Software players

Old 30th May 2023, 17:19   #1  |  Link
tkol

Jriver madvr mode excl. mode 5:5 Pulld. result in washed out colors,blackblinking

My setup:

Tv Lg B1 65inch
hdmi mode: standard (not pc mode).
latest firmware

hdmi cable: 2.1 supra 8k 60hz, 4k 120hz. (had a lot of problems getting the rigth 2.1 cable, but as far as I know this one has been working, used over a year now)

Desktop:
OS: windows 10 pro (all updates one get through windows update)
Cpu: intel i5 12600kf
Ram: 16 gb
Gpu: Msi geforce rtx 3050 8 gb ventus (not oc)
nvidia driver: 532.03, vsync on or to adaptive, batteryuse set to maximum and gsync is turned off.

5:5 pulldown + BFI at low or medium (all interpolation off and tonemapping off):

I Am not able to do 5:5 pulldown without getting stutter. A user called eve at Jriver forum guided me on how to do it, but can not understand why I get washed out colors together with black blinking, about 3 seconds and than a blink and then 2 or 4 seconds and blink. I have looked closely and motion look very calm smooth not stutter.

I have reinstalled os many times and I thought I give it a try here since i never got this to work. eve says this is the best rendering in terms of smooth motion also escaping soap opera effect and artifacts.

I set Jriver in madvr mode. and videoclock is ticked on( adjusting audio to smooth out video).

Under devices in displaymode I lock madvr to 2160p120, 2160p119
In general I tick off the smoothing option and i tick off Direct3D 11 and present a frame for every vsync and then I tick on enable auto fullscreen exclusive mode.

I think this is what is needed to get 5:5 pulldown. If I remember now I think I tried to just do 5:5 pulldown without exclusive mode, but I got a lot of stutter which he did not get, thus he wanted med to use exclusive mode.

Does anybody know why I get this washed out colors and these black blinks every so seconds? I really think this would be an ideal solution if I got this to work since i am sensitive to stutter and was used to panasonic plasma which I ditched in 2021.

Last edited by tkol; 30th May 2023 at 19:47.
tkol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2023, 07:09   #2  |  Link
JimH
Minneapolis

Just saw this. This appears to have been an NVIDIA driver problem.

https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/ind...html#msg943546
and the following post.
Old 2nd October 2023, 00:06   #3  |  Link
tkol

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimH View Post
Just saw this. This appears to have been an NVIDIA driver problem.

https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/ind...html#msg943546
and the following post.
Is this a nvidia driver problem? I have installed numerous nvidia drivers...using ddu or nvidias uninstall tool...never helped. Or have You read something about this being a nvidia driver problem? Or could it be a nvidia setting that should be ticked off or something?
tkol is offline   Reply With Quote