Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Newbies
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 13th September 2008, 04:07   #1  |  Link
lno22

Cutting parts of a DVD

Hi!
A couple years ago, my company made a promotional DVD. Yesterday I was watching the DVD and I found some scenes that I want to remove (because those scenes are about products that we don't sell anymore). Those "scenes" are not entire DVD chapters: are just little parts of some chapters (for example, each scene could be 7 seconds long).
I've tried to remove them using CHOPPER XP. I've opened the corresponding VOB file and made the cut. The results were not as I wanted: All the DVD features (2 different audio streams and 3 subtitle streams) worked fine, but at the end of the chapter the DVD player stops working.
I suppose the problem is that the IFO file is telling to the DVD player that the VOB file must be "n" minutes long but the VOB file is not as long as it should be because of the deleted scenes.
So what i did was to insert blank video clips at the end of the VOB file to make it as long as it must be. That worked ok too, but is a little bit stupid to watch 43 seconds of blank video spaces during chapters...
HOW CAN I EDIT THE IFO FILE (if that is the problem) to set the lenght time of the VOB file?
PLEASE HELP ME!!!
Thanks a lot.
lno22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2008, 10:30   #2  |  Link
dialysis1

Try using VobBlanker on your project.
http://download.videohelp.com/jsoto/...vcut/index.php
dialysis1 is offline   Reply With Quote