Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 17th August 2018, 01:48   #27641  |  Link
Lathe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blurayhd View Post
Thank you dear I already tried that I just add the mts file on Tsmuxer and then I change the DTSHD for DTS and I just replace that new mts on BDMV but I dont know why but Rebuilder take as DTSHD and not DTS that I replace.

All I wish to do is encode to BD25 keeping the menu but without DTSHD, just DTS core

I dont know...
Uh, that's okay... you don't hafta call me 'Dear' (cough...) but thanks...

Don't render the TSMuxer files to m2ts, render them with the audio marked 'keep DTS core' to BDMV / CERT files, just like what you load into BDRB or what you burn directly to disc.

Oh, wait a second... it just occurred to me that maybe just using the DTS core MIGHT not be legal for Blu-ray. Maybe that is why BDRB does not give you that option. Hmmm...
Lathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2018, 02:45   #27642  |  Link
MrVideo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathe View Post
Oh, wait a second... it just occurred to me that maybe just using the DTS core MIGHT not be legal for Blu-ray. Maybe that is why BDRB does not give you that option. Hmmm...
DTS core, or simply DTS, is quite legal with Blu-ray.
MrVideo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2018, 02:46   #27643  |  Link
Lathe

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrVideo View Post
DTS core, or simply DTS, is quite legal with Blu-ray.
Oh good, I wasn't sure... I wonder why the fellow cannot simply use TSMuxer and reduce the HD audio to the core and re-render the BDMV / CERT folders and then load them into BDRB...?
Old 17th August 2018, 02:56   #27644  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
True, while "HD" audio doesn't really exist, it is a marketing term for lossless audio. Liken it to DVD 480p MPEG-2 compression to 1080p H.264 compression (yes both are lossy, but one is a lot less lossy than the other ). With "HD" audio you have drastically reduced compression artifacts, after decoding. Depending on the sound system used to reproduce the audio, you may, or may not, be able to hear the difference. For most... not.

For the Dolby and DTS "HD" audio streams, you especially do not want to recode to AC3. The lossy cores do not like being recoded, especially Dolby. That adds more compression artifacts to the mix. Instead you want to keep the cores of these two "HD" streams. No recoding required. I do not know if BDRB recodes or extracts.

The eac3to program is supposed to be able to extract the cores. Since it doesn't do any actual encoding, that is all it can do. If you use DVD-Fab to remove the compression, use the option to remove the "HD" portion of the audio. That will also leave you with the core. Then pass that on thru BDRB.
Sigh... Let's just ignore all the science, eh? If a human being can't identify a difference (as all the studies prove) -- then what, exactly, does "lossy" mean or matter?

BD-RB will not reencode the core and will extract it if it matches your settings. Extracting the core is a simple thing to do with TSMUXER.

Last edited by jdobbs; 17th August 2018 at 14:29.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2018, 03:05   #27645  |  Link
Lathe

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
Sigh...
Poor JD... We need to remember that he had 5 tours in 'Nam. Not only that, but the mortar gun his squad was using had a really loose and floppy barrel, so his job was to stand right next to the end of the barrel and hold it still. A bit of a bad break there and likely took its toll on his hearing...

But, I feel that he is a very clever and innovative inventor,

full of...

... promise.
Old 17th August 2018, 03:30   #27646  |  Link
Blurayhd

Quote:
Sigh... Let's just ignore all the science, eh? If a human being can't identify a difference (as all the studies prove) -- then what, exactly, does "lossy" mean or matter?

BD-RB will not reencode if the core and will extract it if it matches your settings. Extracting the core is a simple thing to do with TSMUXER.
Hi JD it is nice to see you around, I dont know what do you meant, but all I wish to do is the following;

1- I have The last jedi BD50, with menus, audio and subtitles tracks..you know

The English track has (or it is "have"?) DTSHD MA with 5gb size

So, I so wish to encode that BD50 with the menus but without DTSHDMA track, I need to replace this track for just DTS core and so then I can encode with BDrebuilder to BD25 with DTS core

I´m lost here, if you dont mean, could you tel me how to do it?

Thank you JD!!
Blurayhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2018, 06:51   #27647  |  Link
MrVideo

Please, please, please... something needs to be done about the create menu problem. No other programs have issues on this new box. BDRB only has an issue with building the 2nd menu.

It works just fine when run on XP-64.

I wonder if it is some kind of race issue that BDRB is tripping up with Win7-64.

Suggestion that will hopefully fix the problem and actually speed up the creation of menus: When the background is encoded, save it for all of the menus. After doing menu #1, use that encoding for creation of all other menu structures. Since the menu background has to be the same for all menu pages, no need to keep encoding.

Old 17th August 2018, 13:44   #27648  |  Link
Mark_Venture

Quote:
Hi JD it is nice to see you around, I dont know what do you meant, but all I wish to do is the following;

1- I have The last jedi BD50, with menus, audio and subtitles tracks..you know

The English track has (or it is "have"?) DTSHD MA with 5gb size

So, I so wish to encode that BD50 with the menus but without DTSHDMA track, I need to replace this track for just DTS core and so then I can encode with BDrebuilder to BD25 with DTS core

I´m lost here, if you dont mean, could you tel me how to do it?

Thank you JD!!
In BD Rebuilder, go under Settings -> Setup... and un-check the box for "Keep HD audio for BD25/Alt intact"

Then re-run the job. The new output will have the non-HD audio, only core.
Mark_Venture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2018, 14:13   #27649  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Please, please, please... something needs to be done about the create menu problem. No other programs have issues on this new box. BDRB only has an issue with building the 2nd menu.

It works just fine when run on XP-64.

I wonder if it is some kind of race issue that BDRB is tripping up with Win7-64.

Suggestion that will hopefully fix the problem and actually speed up the creation of menus: When the background is encoded, save it for all of the menus. After doing menu #1, use that encoding for creation of all other menu structures. Since the menu background has to be the same for all menu pages, no need to keep encoding.

But it's only happening to you, which makes me think the problem isn't in BD-RB. I use menu creation under Win10 almost every day in my quest to move all my DVD series discs to BD. It has never happened to me once. Trying to fix something that I can't repeat is almost impossible.

A race issue is probably a good guess. I could probably put a hidden variable in that creates a "wait" state between menus. But that's likely little more than howling at the moon without a better idea of the cause.

I encode each of the menus separately because the plan is to, at some point, enable the ability to use a different menu background for each page. It only takes a few minutes. It's another of those "wish list" items that has been around for a while. I did, by the way, add the ability to use motion video rather than a fixed picture as the background to the next release. That's one item crossed off the list.

Last edited by jdobbs; 17th August 2018 at 14:28.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2018, 14:21   #27650  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_Venture View Post
In BD Rebuilder, go under Settings -> Setup... and un-check the box for "Keep HD audio for BD25/Alt intact"

And, to make sure you keep the DTS core intact rather than convert it to AC3, check "Do not convert DTS to AC3".
Old 17th August 2018, 17:54   #27651  |  Link
MrVideo

Quote:
But it's only happening to you, which makes me think the problem isn't in BD-RB. I use menu creation under Win10 almost every day in my quest to move all my DVD series discs to BD. It has never happened to me once. Trying to fix something that I can't repeat is almost impossible.
Apples and oranges. Things have changed between Win7 and Win10. Hell, obviously something changed between XP and Win7. Plus, am I the only one doing two menus under Win7-64?
Quote:
A race issue is probably a good guess. I could probably put a hidden variable in that creates a "wait" state between menus. But that's likely little more than howling at the moon without a better idea of the cause.
Sometimes howling at the moon works. Taking stabs at guesses sometimes manages to fix things without really knowing why. Been there, done that.
Quote:
I encode each of the menus separately because the plan is to, at some point, enable the ability to use a different menu background for each page. It only takes a few minutes. It's another of those "wish list" items that has been around for a while.
I wondered if that is what you were working up to. Thought... still working toward that goal is to do what I suggest. If the user only has one background, use it for all of the other menus, only encoding again when you have more backgrounds. It is a stab to see if it fixes the issue. Long shot, I know, but worth a try.
Quote:
I did, by the way, add the ability to use motion video rather than a fixed picture as the background to the next release. That's one item crossed off the list.
I definitely will give this a go. I await the release.

Last edited by MrVideo; 17th August 2018 at 18:17.
Old 18th August 2018, 15:10   #27652  |  Link
MrVideo

Here is another strange one, which has happened before the mobo was replaced.

In order to save discs, I decided to put as many files onto a disc as possible. For this particular series, that worked out to 8 files. For the last disc of three, that also included special features. But the first 8 were placed on the first menu page.

After a reboot, I can get thru four discs without issues, including a disc where two menus were created. But, on the fifth disc, and any thereafter, the following happens:
Code:
----------------------
[08:48:31] Importing: CASTLE-S5
- [08:48:40] Importing video file: (1 of 14)
  - Collecting audio/video streams from source...
  - Integrating into pseudo-BD structure...
- [08:49:58] Importing video file: (2 of 14)
- [08:51:10] Importing video file: (3 of 14)
- [08:52:34] Importing video file: (4 of 14)
- [08:54:06] Importing video file: (5 of 14)
- [08:55:35] Importing video file: (6 of 14)
- [08:57:06] Importing video file: (7 of 14)
    - Source issue found, attempting correction...
[08:58:29]ERROR: Removing compression.  Aborted.
There is nothing wrong with said video file. It makes no difference which disc I attempt to assemble, when it gets to the 7th video, this error happens.

Unfortunately BDRB does not report what the source issue is. Something is building up with each run of BDRB. I guess 7 is not a lucky number.

Update: This is new. Right after a reboot, first run of BDRB and the above happened.

Another update: I think I know what this one is. Once I know for sure, I'll post.

Last edited by MrVideo; 18th August 2018 at 18:34.
Old 18th August 2018, 20:16   #27653  |  Link
Blurayhd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_Venture View Post

Thank you very much for that I just try it and works!! but maybe this will sound stupid but I need to ask, when I select that option so BD rebuilder eill convert DTS HD MA 5gb to DTS core 1.6gb, when BD rebuilder is doing his encoding job at the same time Bd rebuilder is encoding DTS MA to DTS core.... so in theory Bd rebuilder take the size of DTS MA and assing this for video?
Old 18th August 2018, 21:07   #27654  |  Link
Lathe

Quote:
so in theory Bd rebuilder take the size of DTS MA and assing this for video?
Well, sometimes BDRB does indeed give us a good assing. But, I believe in humble reflection, most of us would honestly admit that we deserve it...
Old 18th August 2018, 21:31   #27655  |  Link
gonca

@Blurayhd
BDRB will use the space saved on the audio for the video

@Lathe
Quote:
Well, sometimes BDRB does indeed give us a good assing
And you deserve every bit of it
gonca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2018, 16:54   #27656  |  Link
Blurayhd

Hi all, I disable on Bdrebuilder all others languages that I dont need or like on disc, I keep just English and Spanish, ok so far but I notice the following if I use BDinfo just appears the tracks that I keep but if I play the disc on my pc desktop or try to watch on tv, the audio/subtitles tracks that I disable on BD rebuilder still appears and that is very upset, there´s some tool that I can use for eliminate that obsolet tracks?

Thank you in advance!!
Old 19th August 2018, 17:15   #27657  |  Link
gonca

Quote:
Hi all, I disable on Bdrebuilder all others languages that I dont need or like on disc, I keep just English and Spanish, ok so far but I notice the following if I use BDinfo just appears the tracks that I keep but if I play the disc on my pc desktop or try to watch on tv, the audio/subtitles tracks that I disable on BD rebuilder still appears and that is very upset, there´s some tool that I can use for eliminate that obsolet tracks?

Thank you in advance!!
Don't think you have to worry
BDRD re-points those selections to the remaining tracks
If you select them you will get the tracks that you chose to keep

P.S.
Ignore Lathe
He's mentally malformed (he's weird in the head)
gonca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2018, 18:35   #27658  |  Link
Ch3vr0n

Correct. Bdrb repoints them to one of the remaining tracks. It has to (same with any other cloning tool) because of it doesn't the bluray structure is 'broken' and the player could lock up or simply refuse/abort playback.

Sent from my Nexus 7 with Tapatalk
Ch3vr0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2018, 18:54   #27659  |  Link
Blurayhd

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonca View Post
Don't think you have to worry
BDRD re-points those selections to the remaining tracks
If you select them you will get the tracks that you chose to keep
Yes I knew that but honestly? if I choose to keep English and Spanish and when I´m watching and with remote control I select English and next I like Spanish I have to select French, Portuguese... and finally Spanish

but I see now what do you mean, if I get it, is no matter the French, Portuguese... or whatever , when I select the next language from English, I´ll get in this case the Spanish , because I keep it, I´m right?

And Gonca, I´m curious, I wish to ask you and of course all people here, how many of us when encode BD50 to BD25 choice to keep the menu? or just choose to start the movie?

And if you font mind and let me ask too, how many choose BD25 and how many choose MKV? I mean, speaking about that movies that you like to preserve because I like to see again every time you like, so how do you do that? what kind of media you prefer? or choose (I dont know what word is correct)

Thank you again
Old 19th August 2018, 18:56   #27660  |  Link
Blurayhd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch3vr0n View Post
Correct. Bdrb repoints them to one of the remaining tracks. It has to (same with any other cloning tool) because of it doesn't the bluray structure is 'broken' and the player could lock up or simply refuse/abort playback.

Sent from my Nexus 7 with Tapatalk
Thank you ch3vron, same that I just answer to Gonca, and about that you sayng if I get it, the registry languages have to be there because the structure?