Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 29th September 2018, 14:31   #27801  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_Venture View Post
UHD question...

So I just did Infinity Wars 4K alt movie only MKV... I forgot, until after it was done, to change it from 1920x1080 intact to another profile to keep it 4K.. there isn't one..

Can I just edit the MISC\Alternate.txt file to add one?

Also, since Infinity Wars 4K/UHD is HDR, the output loses HDR and the color is off...

BUT at least it completes and looks good otherwise
Use one of the NO_RESIZE options to keep the size. I'll have to check to make sure HDR is kept when outputting to ALTERNATE choices. I thought it would, but I don't think I tested it.
Old 29th September 2018, 18:14   #27802  |  Link
m.rup

I have installed Version 0.60.02 on a clean Windows 10 1803 System without other software and there seems to be a small glitch.
I selected "All Languages (all)" in setup, however, some audio tracks are cancelled.Manual enabling the tracks worked well. Rebuilder v0.50.25 handles the same projekt correctly.
By the way, when trying to preview some items, included version of Media Player Classic said "encode not possible". I had to install DirectX 9 to fix the issue.
The latest (and possibly last ) version 1.7.13 I installed worked well without DirectX 9.
m.rup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2018, 19:26   #27803  |  Link
gonca

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
Use one of the NO_RESIZE options to keep the size. I'll have to check to make sure HDR is kept when outputting to ALTERNATE choices. I thought it would, but I don't think I tested it.
Can x264 use the HDR metadata?
I don't think it can, so HEVC has to be used for that
gonca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2018, 21:19   #27804  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonca View Post
Can x264 use the HDR metadata?
I don't think it can, so HEVC has to be used for that
You’re right. I don’t think I created a “no resize” HEVC preset in the default set of outputs. My personal preset list has been modified quite a bit.
Old 29th September 2018, 21:22   #27805  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by m.rup View Post
I have installed Version 0.60.02 on a clean Windows 10 1803 System without other software and there seems to be a small glitch.
I selected "All Languages (all)" in setup, however, some audio tracks are cancelled.Manual enabling the tracks worked well. Rebuilder v0.50.25 handles the same projekt correctly.
By the way, when trying to preview some items, included version of Media Player Classic said "encode not possible". I had to install DirectX 9 to fix the issue.
The latest (and possibly last ) version 1.7.13 I installed worked well without DirectX 9.
? I haven’t made any changes to the audio selection methods... I don’t see how that could change.
Old 29th September 2018, 21:29   #27806  |  Link
m.rup

Sorry, my fault. I forgot to unselect "Limit to one track for each language".

Last edited by m.rup; 29th September 2018 at 21:35.
m.rup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2018, 21:53   #27807  |  Link
gonca

Quote:
You’re right. I don’t think I created a “no resize” HEVC preset in the default set of outputs. My personal preset list has been modified quite a bit.
I didn't notice any with vEncoder=1
Old 7th October 2018, 06:16   #27808  |  Link
AmigaFuture

Crickets making a sound, Oh... Shh.. Nope, that's Lathe....after that Parrot drink..
Old 7th October 2018, 16:23   #27809  |  Link
gonca

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmigaFuture View Post
Crickets making a sound, Oh... Shh.. Nope, that's Lathe....after that Parrot drink..
Surely you mean his normal brain activity
Old 8th October 2018, 15:22   #27810  |  Link
musiclover

I imported a mkv that has 29 chapters in BD-RB. It is a concert with 29 songs. I want to make a blu-ray with a quick-play menu from it. But I don't know how to make the 29 chapters (songs) appear in the drop down menu.

Can someone point me in the right direction?
musiclover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2018, 01:36   #27811  |  Link
MrVideo

Quote:
Originally Posted by musiclover View Post
I imported a mkv that has 29 chapters in BD-RB. It is a concert with 29 songs. I want to make a blu-ray with a quick-play menu from it. But I don't know how to make the 29 chapters (songs) appear in the drop down menu.
Sorry, but there is no way to do that with BDRB. You need a professional Blu-ray authoring program.
MrVideo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2018, 06:41   #27812  |  Link
AmigaFuture

Quote:
gonca, stop calling me Shirley, get your glasses, binoculars checked..
Old 9th October 2018, 09:19   #27813  |  Link
musiclover

Quote:
Originally Posted by musiclover
I imported a mkv that has 29 chapters in BD-RB. It is a concert with 29 songs. I want to make a blu-ray with a quick-play menu from it. But I don't know how to make the 29 chapters (songs) appear in the drop down menu. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Originally Posted by MrVideo
Sorry, but there is no way to do that with BDRB. You need a professional Blu-ray authoring program.
Using mkvmerge.exe I split the file in 29 parts and imported these 29 songs in BD-RB. Now the quick-play menu looks good but playing the blu-ray it has a pause after each song. It's just a second or so each time but it makes viewing the concert less pleasing.

So, I guess nothing can be done further about it.

Last edited by musiclover; 9th October 2018 at 10:06.
Old 9th October 2018, 10:51   #27814  |  Link
MrVideo

Quote:
Using mkvmerge.exe I split the file in 29 parts and imported these 29 songs in BD-RB. Now the quick-play menu looks good but playing the blu-ray it has a pause after each song. It's just a second or so each time but it makes viewing the concert less pleasing.

So, I guess nothing can be done further about it.
Correct. That is the closest you are going to get with BDRB. A professional authoring program would allow you to create a song list menu, creating 30 playlists. One for a "play all" and one playlist for each chapter. But, the cost for a pro-authoring program would not be cost effective for a single project like this. BTW, I didn't suggest what you did, because I knew that you would end up going back to the menu after playing each part.
Old 9th October 2018, 11:10   #27815  |  Link
musiclover

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrVideo View Post
Correct. That is the closest you are going to get with BDRB. A professional authoring program would allow you to create a song list menu, creating 30 playlists. One for a "play all" and one playlist for each chapter. But, the cost for a pro-authoring program would not be cost effective for a single project like this. BTW, I didn't suggest what you did, because I knew that you would end up going back to the menu after playing each part.
I set "Play items sequentially (don't return to MENU at items end)". So I thought that would take care of things. But it leaves a little pause at every item.
Old 9th October 2018, 11:37   #27816  |  Link
gonca

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmigaFuture View Post
gonca, stop calling me Shirley, get your glasses, binoculars checked..
Surely, you jest
Old 10th October 2018, 03:16   #27817  |  Link
MrVideo

Quote:
I set "Play items sequentially (don't return to MENU at items end)". So I thought that would take care of things. But it leaves a little pause at every item.
You're right. I forgot all about that option. I do not know what it takes to author seamless play. jdobbs is going to have to talk about doing that.

Update: I think (based upon inspection of some Blu-ray releases) that seamless play requires the use of a single playlist. That single playlist lists the M2TS files that will be played, in the order listed. Each item of a menu will have a playlist associated with it. Once the playlist is finished being played, the "program" has to do the end instruction. That takes a little bit of time, hence the delay from the end of one playlist to the start of the next.

Last edited by MrVideo; 10th October 2018 at 04:24.
Old 10th October 2018, 03:33   #27818  |  Link
Lathe

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmigaFuture

Crickets making a sound, Oh... Shh.. Nope, that's Lathe....after that Parrot drink.

Quote:
Okay you guys... Now, you are just pulling stuff directly out of each others @.. uh, out of the ether...
Lathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2018, 14:39   #27819  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:

Can someone point me in the right direction?
I can take a look at it. The question is how much work it would be, whether it will get much use, and whether the effort is justified by the probable usage.

[Edit] Interesting. I thought I posted about this yesterday right after your post... but my answer isn't here.

[Edit again] Ahh... it was in the feature request thread.
Old 10th October 2018, 18:13   #27820  |  Link
Lathe

Quote:
I can take a look at it. The question is how much work it would be, whether it will get much use, and whether the effort is justified by the probable usage.

[Edit] Interesting. I thought I posted about this yesterday right after your post... but my answer isn't here.

[Edit again] Ahh... it was in the feature request thread.
Okay JD... no more of these for you...

Lathe is offline   Reply With Quote