Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 12th November 2018, 00:04   #28041  |  Link
zargana

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
It's frustrating as hell. Every time I try to fix something a new issue shows up.
Would be nice if you can give us a version to fix remuxing issues to edit UHD with no need of reencoding.
Just to be able to remove unwanted languages/subs to make the new UHD smaller size, compared to original source to be able to burn them on BD-50.
zargana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2018, 05:15   #28042  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by zargana View Post
Would be nice if you can give us a version to fix remuxing issues to edit UHD with no need of reencoding.
Just to be able to remove unwanted languages/subs to make the new UHD smaller size, compared to original source to be able to burn them on BD-50.
Yeah... but even for that I have to add support for Dolby Vision... and that's not nearly as easy as you might think. TSMUXER doesn't have support for something like that.
Old 12th November 2018, 10:22   #28043  |  Link
Acerjen

Quote:
Yeah... but even for that I have to add support for Dolby Vision... and that's not nearly as easy as you might think. TSMUXER doesn't have support for something like that.
I am 100% sure you have already thought of this........but with your programming expertise, why not make your own muxer, especially since tsmuxer is no longer updated? Or is that far more involved and difficult than I realize? Just a suggestion. I do appreciate your time and program.....use it every day. Thanks.

Later,
Acerjen
Acerjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2018, 14:33   #28044  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acerjen View Post
I am 100% sure you have already thought of this........but with your programming expertise, why not make your own muxer, especially since tsmuxer is no longer updated? Or is that far more involved and difficult than I realize? Just a suggestion. I do appreciate your time and program.....use it every day. Thanks.

Later,
Acerjen
It's definitely not a simple matter. But, if it turns out that's the only way I can finally get UHD to work, I may have to just do it.
Old 13th November 2018, 14:39   #28045  |  Link
Cedvano

Hi, I just tested BD Rebuilder for UHD.
And I have a problem with the video.
The video jumps all the time and create a delay in audio.
As we change FPS.
I try TsMuxer only, and he's the culprit. (tested on PC and Bluray player)
Am I the only one ?
Cedvano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2018, 17:23   #28046  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cedvano View Post
As we change FPS.
Am I the only one ?
No. It is a known problem that I have spent many hours trying to figure out.
Old 13th November 2018, 19:53   #28047  |  Link
Max1984

Quote:
As we change FPS.
Am I the only one ?
Same problem with me. late me know how to fix it?
Max1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2018, 22:10   #28048  |  Link
MrVideo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max1984 View Post
Same problem with me. late[sic] me know how to fix it?
There is no fix currently, as jdobbs said in the post right before yours.
MrVideo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2018, 23:53   #28049  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max1984 View Post
Same problem with me. late me know how to fix it?
UHD-HD reencoding is still very, very experimental. It is meant strictly for testing and reporting.
Old 14th November 2018, 11:20   #28050  |  Link
Cedvano

I don't think Roman will come back to create a new version of TsMuxer.
Would not it be easier to create a new muxer?

I had started making one before it corrects 3D. But I dropped because he had made his.

If only we had the source code.
Cedvano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2018, 14:51   #28051  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
I don't think Roman will come back to create a new version of TsMuxer.
Would not it be easier to create a new muxer?

I had started making one before it corrects 3D. But I dropped because he had made his.

If only we had the source code.
There is source code out there for TSRemux, which might make a start.

But, honestly, I don't think the issue is TSMUXER. If I use the original HEVC file from a disc, without reencoding, TSMUXER will mux it correctly, and all I have to do is go back and make some changes to update it to UHD-BD format (type codes, extensions, versions, etc.). When I put that in my Sony UHD-BD player, it plays back flawlessly.

I think the issue is X265, or at least every setting assortment that I've tried with X265. I have yet to find a configuration that doesn't have some issue when it is muxed. Now, to be fair, an HEVC file created with X265 will work fine when muxed with MKVMERGE -- but the UHD-BD standard's requirements don't exist when you do that, so it's kind of apples and oranges.

Last edited by jdobbs; 14th November 2018 at 15:05.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2018, 17:47   #28052  |  Link
LowDead
Elit Amans

Maybe use x265 for alternative mkv output and try hardware encoding for UHD BD, like NVENC, QuickSync and/or APP? Sure, one would lose some quality but would instead gain speed. This is the road the others have taken and it works for them.. I have no clue whatsoever though how much work would be needed to implement this.
LowDead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2018, 18:58   #28053  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowDead View Post
Maybe use x265 for alternative mkv output and try hardware encoding for UHD BD, like NVENC, QuickSync and/or APP? Sure, one would lose some quality but would instead gain speed. This is the road the others have taken and it works for them.. I have no clue whatsoever though how much work would be needed to implement this.
Yeah. That may be the way to go. I'd have to spend money on a nvidia card that supports NVENC/HEVC, though. Are there any cheap ones? I'm not sure what processor I'd have to have in order to support QuickSync... right now the only Intel processor I have in use is an i5.
Old 14th November 2018, 20:20   #28054  |  Link
Lathe

Quote:
Yeah. That may be the way to go. I'd have to spend money on a nvidia card that supports NVENC/HEVC, though. Are there any cheap ones? I'm not sure what processor I'd have to have in order to support QuickSync... right now the only Intel processor I have in use is an i5.
Uh huh...

Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd... if somebody had a simple easy to use gmail PayPal account instead of an antiquated, cumbersome Amazon gift card setup...
Lathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2018, 21:22   #28055  |  Link
Mark_Venture

Quote:
For Nvidia card... see https://developer.nvidia.com/video-e...support-matrix

It appears any GTX 10x0 card will work for NVENC, but for NVDEC it appears RTX 20x0 adds VP8 and will be getting support for H.265 (HEVC) 4:4:4 (8/10/12bit) "soon"

Has anyone found a chart that compares speed and quality between GTX10x0 and RTX20x0 cards? I've only seen what Nvidia said about RTX on their developer blog...
Quote:
Turing’s new display engine supports HDR processing natively in the display pipeline. Tone mapping has also been added to the HDR pipeline. Tone mapping is a technique used to approximate the look of high dynamic range images on standard dynamic range displays. Turing supports the tone mapping formula defined by the ITU-R Recommendation BT.2100 standard to avoid color shift on different HDR displays.

Turing GPUs also ship with an enhanced NVENC encoder unit that adds support for H.265 (HEVC) 8K encode at 30 fps. The new NVENC encoder provides up to 25% bitrate savings for HEVC and up to 15% bitrate savings for H.264.

Turing’s new NVDEC decoder has also been updated to support decoding of HEVC YUV444 10/12b HDR at 30 fps, H.264 8K, and VP9 10/12b HDR.

Turing improves encoding quality compared to prior generation Pascal GPUs and compared to software encoders. Figure 11 shows that on common Twitch and YouTube streaming settings, Turing’s video encoder exceeds the quality of the x264 software-based encoder using the fast encode settings, with dramatically lower CPU utilization. 4K streaming is too heavy a workload for encoding on typical CPU setups, but Turing’s encoder makes 4K streaming possible.
I've not seen any tests or reporting to validate these claims.

As for Quicksync, there is a list of processors that support QuickSync here -> https://ark.intel.com/Search/Feature...SyncVideo=true but it doesn't have an easy way of knowing any other details..
Mark_Venture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2018, 21:41   #28056  |  Link
Ch3vr0n

Quote:
Any Now that the RTX 20xx series is released, the 10xx series should start dropping in price. That said, just about ANY 10xx series can do HEVC encoding. Though i wouldnt go anything lower than a 1070 for that. I'd wait at least until black friday, or if you could hold off, until january. Then the 20xx series should really be in stock in general, and prices should drop even lower.
Ch3vr0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2018, 22:40   #28057  |  Link
zamengo

Nvenc

I think NVENC not the best way.

There's a bug cause wrong resolution:

https://devtalk.nvidia.com/default/t...52875/#5252875

This size of 3840x2176p don't run on Xbox One S.
zamengo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2018, 22:46   #28058  |  Link
gonca

Quote:
Originally Posted by zamengo View Post
I think NVENC not the best way.

There's a bug cause wrong resolution:

https://devtalk.nvidia.com/default/t...52875/#5252875

This size of 3840x2176p don't run on Xbox One S.
Not a bug, it is standard compliant, I have no problem with playback, but I don't use Xbox

Re quality
At the bitrates we are talking about the quality is good
gonca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2018, 23:05   #28059  |  Link
LowDead
Elit Amans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch3vr0n View Post
Any Now that the RTX 20xx series is released, the 10xx series should start dropping in price. That said, just about ANY 10xx series can do HEVC encoding. Though i wouldnt go anything lower than a 1070 for that. I'd wait at least until black friday, or if you could hold off, until january. Then the 20xx series should really be in stock in general, and prices should drop even lower.
I only have a 1060 3GB card and it works great encoding HEVC. Great quality full disc in 30-60minutes with occasional encodes at 90 minutes.
LowDead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2018, 23:46   #28060  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathe View Post
Uh huh...

Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd... if somebody had a simple easy to use gmail PayPal account instead of an antiquated, cumbersome Amazon gift card setup...
As I have explained many times before -- PayPal killed my account because they (incorrectly) decided this software violates some rule -- even though I explained clearly that there is no code involved that circumvents any copyright protection in any way. I argued with them until I was blue in the face -- and they essentially said "F-ck you, we don't care."

So I'd appreciate it if you'd just stop hounding me about something that can't happen.

Last edited by jdobbs; 15th November 2018 at 00:03.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote