Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 21st April 2010, 17:30   #7841  |  Link
Alarven

Here you put the problem that gives me see if I can help thank you very much for your understanding. excuse me my English is not very good.

description:

[11:49:53] BD Rebuilder v0.33.05 (beta)
- Source: ACDC_NO_BULL
- BD Input size: 44.77 GB
- Approximate total content: [02:58:20.856]
- BD Target size: 22.66 GB
- Windows Version: 6.1 [7600]
- Audio Settings: AC3 = 1 DTS HD = 0 = 1 = 192 Kbs
[11:49:53] PHASE ONE, Encoding
- [11:49:53] Extracting A / V streams [VID_00016]
- [11:49:54] Reencoding: VID_00016 (1 of 7)
- [11:49:54] Collecting information video
- Source Video: MPEG-4 (AVC), 1920x1080
- Rate / Length: 29.970 fps, 30 frames
- [11:49:54] Reencoding: VID_00016, Pass 1 of 1
- [11:49:56] Video Encode complete
- [11:49:56] Reencoding audio tracks (if req'd)
- ERROR in Attempt to reencode audio (Aften) [AUD_00016__4352.AVS]
[11:51:35] - Failed to reencode audio, aborted
Alarven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2010, 17:38   #7842  |  Link
Alarven

1- imagen

2- imagen

Thanks for your help

Last edited by Alarven; 21st April 2010 at 17:41.
Alarven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2010, 20:00   #7843  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alarven View Post
1- imagen

2- imagen

Thanks for your help
It's probably the 96Khz sample rate of the original that is causing the issue. I'll look at it.
Old 21st April 2010, 21:53   #7844  |  Link
tandi

@drmih
hi, yes, i understand
what i mean , if this affect also to my pc ? , cause when i play in my pc
it got same message ' a disc with unsupported format '
tandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2010, 23:03   #7845  |  Link
hautem

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
I've updated the first post of this thread with a new version of BD Rebuilder (v0.33.05).
Whatever you did re: "fixing "Automatic" quality selection code that could have made it more likely to use 1 pass encoding on BD-5 encodes than was intended" appears to apply to BD9 as well. Out of the two sources I mentioned earlier, it selected "High Quality" for both and 1-Pass ABR for the 25GB source and 2-Pass for the 30GB source (v0.33.04 was previously selecting "Good" and 1-Pass for both).

Thanks much. I'll keep trying "Automatic" and see what shakes out speed vs. quality on the BD9 front.
hautem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2010, 23:12   #7846  |  Link
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by tandi View Post
@drmih
hi, yes, i understand
what i mean , if this affect also to my pc ? , cause when i play in my pc
it got same message ' a disc with unsupported format '
What program (and what version) are you using to play the disc?
What was used to burn the disc?
Is the disc an DVD5, DVD9, BDR?
Was it burned as an AVCHD?
Using clipinf.edit (from clownbd site) open the clip file. Does it say it's AVCHD or Blu ray?

Z
Zot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2010, 02:09   #7847  |  Link
SoniG

Hi jdobbs, thanks for the improvements and fixes you provided on your last update.
When a main movie+PiP is encoded, I noticed the main movie is well encoded with the quality set, but the secondary movie is always encoded in 1pass, ultrafast mode and the x264 Tweaks bypassed. I noticed this with quicker extras unchecked and 2-pass Highest Quality set.
SoniG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2010, 02:27   #7848  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoniG View Post
Hi jdobbs, thanks for the improvements and fixes you provided on your last update.
When a main movie+PiP is encoded, I noticed the main movie is well encoded with the quality set, but the secondary movie is always encoded in 1pass, ultrafast mode and the x264 Tweaks bypassed. I noticed this with quicker extras unchecked and 2-pass Highest Quality set.
The secondaries are always encoded with a fixed CRF that is determined by the output size. That guarantees a specific quality level.
Old 22nd April 2010, 03:33   #7849  |  Link
SoniG

Mmmh, ok for the rc to CRF, but shouldn't the quality preset be a bit better than ultrafast? That gives sometimes ugly result compared to default or slow preset. Fortunately most of the time secondaries are reduced on playback.
Old 22nd April 2010, 04:54   #7850  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Mmmh, ok for the rc to CRF, but shouldn't the quality preset be a bit better than ultrafast? That gives sometimes ugly result compared to default or slow preset. Fortunately most of the time secondaries are reduced on playback.
No, that shouldn't be the case. It will give you the quality associated with the CRF. You'd just use a little more bitrate than a higher quality setting.
Old 22nd April 2010, 04:59   #7851  |  Link
Dark Shikari
x264 developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
No, that shouldn't be the case. It will give you the quality associated with the CRF. You'd just use a little more bitrate than a higher quality setting.
Different presets at the same CRF are not guaranteed to give the same quality. This is particularly true on the following three boundaries:

1. No AQ -> AQ (ultrafast -> superfast)
2. No MBtree -> MBtree (veryfast -> faster)
3. No psy -> psy (faster -> fast)
Dark Shikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2010, 05:28   #7852  |  Link
tandi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zot View Post
What program (and what version) are you using to play the disc?
What was used to burn the disc?
Is the disc an DVD5, DVD9, BDR?
Was it burned as an AVCHD?
Using clipinf.edit (from clownbd site) open the clip file. Does it say it's AVCHD or Blu ray?

Z
i use powerdvd BD Edition ver 7.3
i use Imgburn and nero as UDF 2.5
the disc : verbatim dvd+DL
ClipINF Header : Blu-ray
tandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2010, 06:04   #7853  |  Link
Sharc

Quote:
Wouldn't QUICK_USE_QUALITY=1 in the [Options] of the .ini help in your case?
It would force the CRF encodes to use the same settings as for the main feature.

Last edited by Sharc; 22nd April 2010 at 06:20.
Sharc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2010, 06:09   #7854  |  Link
SoniG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Shikari View Post
Different presets at the same CRF are not guaranteed to give the same quality. This is particularly true on the following three boundaries:

1. No AQ -> AQ (ultrafast -> superfast)
2. No MBtree -> MBtree (veryfast -> faster)
3. No psy -> psy (faster -> fast)
That's what I would say. CRF could be variables but with better preset and other x264 setting quality. With the same CRF, the quality is not the same with ultrafast preset and slow preset. The only difference is encoding time. I already take time to make a full backup in the highest quality possible, bonuses included, I have time to give the same for the PiP. The main movie took 14 hours to encode, the secondary : 10 minutes (that is in 480p I know). Why not just let the secondary with the same quality than all the rest with 1pass, crf you want? To not say normally you should only need to touch the crf in 'one pass encoding' and the bitrate in 2 pass for your final BD size calculation. All the other parameters are for quality/encode speed already set to the beginning by the user.

Last edited by SoniG; 22nd April 2010 at 06:54. Reason: forgot crf calculate the bitrate in 1 pass, duh!
Old 22nd April 2010, 06:33   #7855  |  Link
Zot

Quote:
Hi,

PowerDVD 7 has AVCHD support so that should not be the problem.

I have never used Nero, so I don't know if that will work for you or not, but imgburn has always produced good output for me.

Using clipinf.exe to set header to 100 (AVCHD) and AVCHD patcher will ensure that the index.bdmv are set to AVCHD. This could be the problem - I can't see anything else with your setup that could be the problem.

I have a Verbatim DVD-9 set to AVCHD as above burned with imgburn 2.5.1.0. I just tested with PowerDVD 7.3 Ultra and it recognized it fine. Try opening the .m2ts file with VLC Media player and see if that plays. If so, you know the .m2ts file is good and it's disc structure/layout that's the issue. You can even drag and drop the AVCHD drive right onto VLC and see if it plays.

I"m afraid that's as far as I can help. :-(

Last edited by Zot; 22nd April 2010 at 06:42.
Zot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2010, 06:33   #7856  |  Link
Sharc

Quote:
Why not just let the secondary with the same quality than all the rest with 1pass, crf and bitrate you want? To not say normally you should only need to touch the bitrate for your final BD size calculation. All the other parameters are for quality/encode speed already set to the beginning by the user.
QUICK_USE_QUALITY=1 in the [Options] of the .ini does exactly what you want (The default is 0, I always set it to 1 for that reason).
Sharc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2010, 07:01   #7857  |  Link
SoniG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharc View Post
QUICK_USE_QUALITY=1 in the [Options] of the .ini does exactly what you want (The default is 0, I always set it to 1 for that reason).
I never used this option because I always encode in 2-pass (abr is used in first pass) and QUICK_EXTRAS=0. So this option should have no effect (that I confirm). And I've just tested it on the highest quality, one pass crf setting, and I have well the slow preset for the main movie and the same preset quality on secondary : ultrafast. So it changes nothing.

Last edited by SoniG; 22nd April 2010 at 07:22.
Old 22nd April 2010, 13:42   #7858  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
I never used this option because I always encode in 2-pass (abr is used in first pass) and QUICK_EXTRAS=0. So this option should have no effect (that I confirm). And I've just tested it on the highest quality, one pass crf setting, and I have well the slow preset for the main movie and the same preset quality on secondary : ultrafast. So it changes nothing.
I'll put a hidden option in that will allow secondaries to use the same quality selection as the primary video (but still CRF). But, IMHO changing the encoding parameters for secondaries really isn't that important -- and while I stand corrected by Dark Shikari that all CRF settings aren't equal, I've looked at both outputs and we're debating over something that just isn't that significant. If the output isn't looking good enough for you it's probably more related to my selection of "25" for the CRF value on secondaries (I was mixing this one up with how I do the extras in my previous post). I guess I should rethink that too. I was just trying to breeze through the secondaries quickly so they didn't add an inordinate amount of time to the overall job.

[Edit] I've added two new hidden options to the next release. SECONDARY_USE_QUALITY=1 will use the selected quality level for encoding secondaries and SECONDARY_CRF=n will use a specified CRF value for that encode. I warn, though, that any additional bitrate that is used for secondaries is stolen directly from the primary video...

Last edited by jdobbs; 22nd April 2010 at 14:31.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2010, 14:51   #7859  |  Link
SoniG

jdobbs : Yeah I understand you about speed optimization, but when you have a 1080p main movie with about 6-7 1080/480p bonuses, like this BD of Dumbo I am doing (who is laughing?...), the secondary is finally just another 480p one. When my main setting is low preset with --me umh --subme 9 etc... believe me it's not the same as ultrafast preset, --me dia --subme 0 etc... Maybe you should eventually consider this secondary as another bonus footage in the backup process, it would be clearer, with same setting for all. But I suppose you are constrained by some technical limitations and sizeable code work.

Edit : Yeah, to go to your meaning, the secondary is so often reduced to top of the main movie (at about 25%), so in theory the encode quality loss is 4 time less felt than the main movie or any full screen bonus. About crf to 25, it makes a 7500 bitrate for the movie, and 450 for the secondary. A 7000/1000 ratio should maybe be more fair.

Last edited by SoniG; 22nd April 2010 at 14:58. Reason: Dumbo's ears are too big.
Old 22nd April 2010, 15:44   #7860  |  Link
drmih

Quote:
I am guessing that the old version of Powerdvd (it's now on V10) isnt able to handle newer discs. Doesn't it give you some indication apart from 'unsupported' - or is that the message from the LG.

As you are using BD-Rebuilder and have said that you haven't done 'movie-only' copies, then you are doing proper blu ray copies rather than avchd, so I'm note sure the previous advice regarding avchd is valid. On the bright side, I think that the discs that you have done will turn out to be fine when you get the correct equipment / software.

Last edited by drmih; 22nd April 2010 at 15:47.
drmih is offline   Reply With Quote