Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Old 14th October 2018, 08:15   #16221  |  Link
oldschooltech

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atak_Snajpera View Post
You will have to first upload some 50-100 MiB sample so we could find solution for your particular files. It is hard to suggest something when we do not have access to you video files.
So i have 2 or 3 discs that need deinterlaced but the mkvs are disabled. when I split it seems some parts if load up in ripbot would let me use the filter, but this part the first part still will not.

How can i deinterlace the whole file?

thanks.

link 50M file
https://filehost.net/0ff31d2124b713d5
oldschooltech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2018, 09:01   #16222  |  Link
skylinekiller

Hmm, that seems above my skill unless it's dummy proof. Where di U put that code? Do i just copy exactly how it is and paste? Do I need to add anything to that code? I may go old school and demux, MeGUI to create avs and use Vdub to encode...
skylinekiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2018, 10:17   #16223  |  Link
byteshare
ByteShare

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldschooltech View Post
THis fixed it thanks
Awesome. Basically the only case I can think of where muxing in the time codes from the source doesn't fix the issues is with video corruption in the source.
Quote:
Originally Posted by skylinekiller View Post
Hmm, that seems above my skill unless it's dummy proof. Where di U put that code? Do i just copy exactly how it is and paste? Do I need to add anything to that code? I may go old school and demux, MeGUI to create avs and use Vdub to encode...
To whom are you asking?
byteshare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2018, 09:52   #16224  |  Link
burt123

Just an observation of strange behavior since the very latest update (a few days ago)

After I have loaded some jobs into the queue, and I press "Start", it goes thru it's procedure, but when it gets to starting the encode, it just pauses at a queued status...

The only way I have found to rectify this, is to close out of Ripbot, re start it, and press "Start" again.

This has happened on 2 pc's, so far. W7 & W10.
burt123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2018, 16:09   #16225  |  Link
byteshare
ByteShare

Quote:
Originally Posted by byteshare View Post
HEVC 2.9+1 Stable is out: http://msystem.waw.pl/x265/
Release notes (not up at the time of this posting):
https://x265.readthedocs.io/en/defau...easenotes.html
Update, release notes: https://bitbucket.org/multicoreware/...leasenotes.rst
Code:
Version 2.9
===========

Release date - 05/10/2018

New features
-------------
1. Support for chunked encoding

:option:`--chunk-start and --chunk-end` 
   Frames preceding first frame of chunk in display order will be encoded, however, they will be discarded in the bitstream.
   Frames following last frame of the chunk in display order will be used in taking lookahead decisions, but, they will not be encoded. 
   This feature can be enabled only in closed GOP structures. Default disabled.

2. Support for HDR10+ version 1 SEI messages.

Encoder enhancements
--------------------
1. Create API function for allocating and freeing x265_analysis_data.
2. CEA 608/708 support: Read SEI messages from text file and encode it using userSEI message.

Bug fixes
---------
1. Disable noise reduction when vbv is enabled.
2. Support minLuma and maxLuma values changed by the commandline.
2.9+2 is out as stable
Old 15th October 2018, 20:29   #16226  |  Link
oldschooltech

Quote:
So i have 2 or 3 discs that need deinterlaced but the mkvs are disabled. when I split it seems some parts if load up in ripbot would let me use the filter, but this part the first part still will not.

How can i deinterlace the whole file?

thanks.

link 50M file
https://filehost.net/0ff31d2124b713d5
I am still new to this anyone that is willing to look at that and tell me what I need to do I would appreciate it.

It wont let me select deinterlace (its disabled), but there is lines when in motion. not sure if I need to use change speed to 23.x if that would take it down and remove them or what. I think its hard telecined.

Thanks
Old 16th October 2018, 00:58   #16227  |  Link
byteshare
ByteShare

Quote:
I am still new to this anyone that is willing to look at that and tell me what I need to do I would appreciate it.

It wont let me select deinterlace (its disabled), but there is lines when in motion. not sure if I need to use change speed to 23.x if that would take it down and remove them or what. I think its hard telecined.

Thanks
You can manually insert the Deinterlace code (just change your RipBot path if different):
Code:
Loadplugin("C:\RipBot\Tools\AviSynth plugins\RgTools\RgTools.dll")
Loadplugin("C:\RipBot\Tools\AviSynth plugins\nnedi3\nnedi3.dll")
Loadplugin("C:\RipBot\Tools\AviSynth plugins\masktools\masktools2.dll")
Loadplugin("C:\RipBot\Tools\AviSynth plugins\mvtools\mvtools2.dll")
LoadCplugin("C:\RipBot\Tools\AviSynth plugins\Yadif\Yadif.dll")
Import("C:\RipBot\Tools\AviSynth plugins\Scripts\QTGMC.avs")
video=QTGMC(video,Preset="Medium",FPSDivisor=2)
You do this after you've created a job and click Edit >"AviSynth" button > Show Video Script > Past into the Deinterlace section.
Old 16th October 2018, 11:31   #16228  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Quote:

Thanks
You have chosen the most annoying file host service ever. First I had to disable my AdBlock Plus plugin then I had to wait 30s for download button to appear and at the end I was told that file can not be downloaded due to some bandwidth limits (too many concurrent downloads). So I'm out.

Last edited by Atak_Snajpera; 16th October 2018 at 11:36.
Atak_Snajpera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2018, 13:10   #16229  |  Link
burt123

Quote:
You have chosen the most annoying file host service ever. First I had to disable my AdBlock Plus plugin then I had to wait 30s for download button to appear and at the end I was told that file can not be downloaded due to some bandwidth limits (too many concurrent downloads). So I'm out.
Hi Atak, I decided to download that file from Filehost, and I got it without too much trouble.

I played it on my LG 4K TV, and it played rather well, especially knowing how old this would be.

No interlacing, just probably needs an MDegrain2 encode.

see for yourself:-

https://www.mediafire.com/file/26c7y...9-001.mkv/file

Last edited by burt123; 16th October 2018 at 13:28.
Old 19th October 2018, 16:14   #16230  |  Link
jfisher1740

Distributed Encoding hangs at last frame

Every so often, I have a distributed encoder that hangs on completing the very last frame. It will be stuck at 99%. If I manually turn off the encoder and turn it back on, that chunk will complete with no issues. I have not been able to identify why this happens, it always seems to be random. I use 3 different pc's with DE and it is random across all 3 machines.

Any workarounds to monitor if a distributed encoder gets hung up and automatically restart it?
jfisher1740 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2018, 17:44   #16231  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Are you using latest version 1.23.1? (core 2018.10.3)
Old 20th October 2018, 03:29   #16232  |  Link
jfisher1740

Quote:
Are you using latest version 1.23.1? (core 2018.10.3)
Yes. However, I have seen this issue for several versions.
Old 20th October 2018, 04:18   #16233  |  Link
mdchaser

Evening, I've got a strange problem that has just cropped up. My encodes all fail with this error written to video.mkv.Error.txt. Any thoughts?

D:\>"C:\Users\tv\OneDrive\Tools\Ripbot264\EncodingClient.exe" "D:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\job1_EncodingClient.meta"

D:\>"C:\Users\tv\OneDrive\Tools\Ripbot264\tools\mkvtoolnix\mkvmerge.exe" -o "D:\DVD\The Crazies (2010) 1080p x265-2 8 66.mkv" --compression 0:none --title "The Crazies (2010) 1080p x265-2 8 66" --default-duration 0:24000/1001fps "D:\Temp\RipBot264temp\video.265" --compression 0:none --language 0:eng "D:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\Encoded_Audio_1.ac3" --chapters "D:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\chapters.txt"
mkvmerge v25.0.0 ('Prog Noir') 64-bit
Error: The file 'D:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\Encoded_Audio_1.ac3' could not be opened for reading: open file error.
-------------------------

Elapsed Time: 00h:27m:41s

Looking at the folder structure Encoded_Audio_1.ac3 doesn't exist so that would explain the error. The question is why isn't it being created?

Thanks!

Last edited by mdchaser; 20th October 2018 at 05:25. Reason: World domination
mdchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2018, 06:09   #16234  |  Link
burt123

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfisher1740 View Post
Every so often, I have a distributed encoder that hangs on completing the very last frame. It will be stuck at 99%. If I manually turn off the encoder and turn it back on, that chunk will complete with no issues. I have not been able to identify why this happens, it always seems to be random. I use 3 different pc's with DE and it is random across all 3 machines.

Any workarounds to monitor if a distributed encoder gets hung up and automatically restart it?
Have you added a certain command in ripbot.ini, for possibly fixing this problem ??

see post #16181, specifically the green text sentence.

https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.p...32#post1853732
Old 20th October 2018, 12:35   #16235  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfisher1740 View Post

Run Process Hacker (use tree view -> click on name tab few times) and check if there are any processes still running under EncodingServer.exe (ffmpeg.exe,x26x_x64.exe)
Old 20th October 2018, 12:39   #16236  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdchaser View Post
Evening, I've got a strange problem that has just cropped up. My encodes all fail with this error written to video.mkv.Error.txt. Any thoughts?

D:\>"C:\Users\tv\OneDrive\Tools\Ripbot264\EncodingClient.exe" "D:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\job1_EncodingClient.meta"

D:\>"C:\Users\tv\OneDrive\Tools\Ripbot264\tools\mkvtoolnix\mkvmerge.exe" -o "D:\DVD\The Crazies (2010) 1080p x265-2 8 66.mkv" --compression 0:none --title "The Crazies (2010) 1080p x265-2 8 66" --default-duration 0:24000/1001fps "D:\Temp\RipBot264temp\video.265" --compression 0:none --language 0:eng "D:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\Encoded_Audio_1.ac3" --chapters "D:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\chapters.txt"
mkvmerge v25.0.0 ('Prog Noir') 64-bit
Error: The file 'D:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\Encoded_Audio_1.ac3' could not be opened for reading: open file error.
-------------------------

Elapsed Time: 00h:27m:41s

Looking at the folder structure Encoded_Audio_1.ac3 doesn't exist so that would explain the error. The question is why isn't it being created?

Thanks!
Run manually D:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\job1_EncodeAudio1.cmd and see what error message you get.
Old 20th October 2018, 14:07   #16237  |  Link
jfisher1740

Thanks gents! That .ini command looks like what I need. If I still run into issues I'll run process hacker to see what's happening with the processes and report back.
Old 20th October 2018, 16:26   #16238  |  Link
byteshare
ByteShare

@Atak_Snajpera As a dev I'm sure you'd like to know RipBot is working great for me since your last major fix with the encoding servers
Old 20th October 2018, 18:26   #16239  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Quote:
Originally Posted by byteshare View Post
@Atak_Snajpera As a dev I'm sure you'd like to know RipBot is working great for me since your last major fix with the encoding servers
Some users are still in woods...
Recent private message
Quote:
I have 4 comments to make about the very latest build & DE.

#1. I seem to be having a strange problem when 1st starting Ripbot for the 1st time (a different day, that is), it doesn't want to start encoding, and I have to close it completely, and then it seems to be OK.

#2. After loading a few new jobs to the queue, it won't start (same as above)

#3. And still having random stalls with DE, and it's stalls so "hard" that you can't abort, stop, or even kill the process in Process Hacker...the only option is to abort the whole job, and even get right out of Ripbot, and pray that it starts up, where it left off.

This is happening on both Servers & Clients.
Old 20th October 2018, 19:55   #16240  |  Link
oldschooltech

Quote:
Np I understand, I just used the first one I could find. Last time I used a upload host was so long ago. I tried a year or so back and found a lot of the old ones got taken down due to copy right issues.

I think the issue is with the fact that they are variable frame rate and listed as 28.x

I got it sorted manual tho thanks to byteshare.

Tags
264, 265, appletv, avchd, bluray, gui, iphone, ipod, ps3, psp, ripbot264, x264 2-pass, x264 gui, x264_64, x265, xbox360