Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 2nd April 2016, 06:41   #23901  |  Link
AmigaFuture

The return of Toilet Duck---Darth Syd? Anyway, let JD handle it. Clapping for RedFox.
Old 2nd April 2016, 07:31   #23902  |  Link
DRKPSYD

Quote:
Originally Posted by omegaman7 View Post
Guy is sure true to his name, eh? Everything negative...
It's hypocritical to send someone a private message then block them from returning it. So I'll answer you here.

You wrote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by omegaman7 View Post
Dude...
Conspiracy theorist much? Manic depressant? Because there's something seriously wrong with you scamp...
Conspiracy eh? Maybe.... but let's just say that I'm a huge fan of BDRB and way more passionate about it than you are and I can see how it tends to convert into negativity.

The truth is, you wouldn't want him to get in trouble either but he's given me serious reasons to switch from simple beta testing to complex forensic signature analysis. I will now disassemble and analyze everything as part of my new learning curve and adventure, specifically the dependent processes. So you see, it's not all negative. There's still light on the Dark Psyde

Last edited by DRKPSYD; 2nd April 2016 at 07:34.
DRKPSYD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2016, 08:24   #23903  |  Link
omegaman7

Dude... I was trying to keep the forum clean from this type of conversing. You have escalated it wayyy beyond what it's intended. Just stop. Please? Everyone is entitled to an opinion. But this isn't the place for it. Ok? This is simply for pointing out faults in a program that Jdobbs is attempting to evolve into a useful program.

Block? I have in no way attempted to block you. And both messages were aiming quite true to how you're acting.

JD/moderator. Feel free to delete this message, with any other you see fit to bring this forum back on track.
Old 2nd April 2016, 09:44   #23904  |  Link
ggtop

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggtop View Post
Checked, tested & confirmed. Works beautifully
Hi jdobbs,

I've found a small regression error. If you change the playlist to something not already demuxed and mark a subtitle track as forced, the preview does not work (message cannot render file) because the subtitle track is not available yet and can't be adressed in the avs. Maybe "subtitle integration" should be disabled on preview...

Another small issue: When encoder is running menu item "Import/Quick-Play Settings" can be accessed and hitting save leads to "Run Time Error 10: This Array is fixed or temporary locked" and BD RB exits.

ggtop

Last edited by ggtop; 2nd April 2016 at 09:56.
ggtop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2016, 14:05   #23905  |  Link
jdobbs

@DRKPSYD

First you should learn how to spell. The word is "steal" not "steel". Second, I have never stolen anything in my life.

I give this software away. I spend hours and hours on it -- simply to give other people and myself some software that is useful. Hell, I haven't even gotten a donation in almost a year to help cover the cost of discs that are being tested. Yet you think you somehow have the right to write a diatribe (complete nonsense based on crap you've made up) not only making ridiculous accusations -- but somehow you seem to have justified it in your mind.

The sense of entitlement of some people is beyond comprehension. If you aren't happy with the software -- then don't use it. It's not like I owe you any explanation. Of course in your view there is some kind of conspiracy apparently going on. It would be laughable if it weren't so representative of people like you. Just go away. Keep going away. When you're as far away as possible -- go a little further. People here are civil and like to get things done. You, on the other hand, just like to create controversy, make up lies, start arguments, and in the end unwittingly (this is the sad part) make a complete fool of yourself.

But for others, here is a response to your silliness:

1. Every single line of code in BD-RB was written by me. Not a single line came from anywhere else. Anything that represents other people's work is in the tools BD-RB uses. Those tools are acknowledged per the author's instructions and/or compliant with the software's GPL.
2. I don't release a final version for one reason. I don't want to. It's my decision. Any other opinion doesn't matter.
3. There are no dependencies to the internet. The program doesn't need an internet connection. It doesn't even have any modules included that support a direct internet connection. I probably would have added one if I ever decided to make a version that needed a license -- but I decided to keep it free so that wasn't necessary.
4. Back doors? Oh for God's sake. There are no connections to databases anywhere. Do you know how ridiculous that is? Next you'll be linking me to alien autopsies, bigfoot, and the Kennedy assassination.

Forensic analysis? C'mon. My opinion is that you wouldn't know a forensic analysis if it fell out of the sky onto your face and started to wiggle.

Another strike issued for failure to follow moderator instructions.

To everyone else: I suggest we simply ignore this guy. He's either a troll who gets off on this kind of thing, or he actually believes that things he states -- which is much sadder. Either way, ignoring him is the best course of action.

Last edited by jdobbs; 2nd April 2016 at 14:37.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2016, 14:41   #23906  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggtop View Post
Hi jdobbs,

I've found a small regression error. If you change the playlist to something not already demuxed and mark a subtitle track as forced, the preview does not work (message cannot render file) because the subtitle track is not available yet and can't be adressed in the avs. Maybe "subtitle integration" should be disabled on preview...

Another small issue: When encoder is running menu item "Import/Quick-Play Settings" can be accessed and hitting save leads to "Run Time Error 10: This Array is fixed or temporary locked" and BD RB exits.

ggtop
Thanks. I'll take a look at them.
Old 2nd April 2016, 16:45   #23907  |  Link
Groucho2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
1. Every single line of code in BD-RB was written by me. Not a single line came from anywhere else. Anything that represents other people's work is in the tools BD-RB uses. Those tools are acknowledged per the author's instructions and/or compliant with the software's GPL.
2. I don't release a final version for one reason. I don't want to. It's my decision. Any other opinion doesn't matter.
3. There are no dependencies to the internet. The program doesn't need an internet connection. It doesn't even have any modules included that support a direct internet connection. I probably would have added one if I ever decided to make a version that needed a license -- but I decided to keep it free so that wasn't necessary.
4. Back doors? Oh for God's sake. There are no connections to databases anywhere. Do you know how ridiculous that is? Next you'll be linking me to alien autopsies, bigfoot, and the Kennedy assassination.
I don't think that it was necessary to respond to these imbecilic accusations.
I find his rambling highly entertaining. Using your signature as a reference - Combine Major Burns and Colonel Flagg and then lower the IQ by 50 points and you have the template of which this guy is made.
Groucho2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2016, 22:40   #23908  |  Link
Lathe

Ah...

...alien autopsies, bigfoot, and the Kennedy assassination...

I KNEW IT!

I always thought there was something a little fishy about BDRB...
Lathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2016, 03:33   #23909  |  Link
jdobbs

If you look at the assassination photos very closely -- there's an object that looks suspiciously similar to BD-RB peeking out from the grassy knoll.
Old 3rd April 2016, 03:46   #23910  |  Link
Lathe

Quote:
If you look at the assassination photos very closely -- there's an object that looks suspiciously similar to BD-RB peeking out from the grassy knoll.
Yep...
Old 3rd April 2016, 03:53   #23911  |  Link
Lathe

Preserving DTS audio with BD5 & BD9...

Hey, I was wondering for the few odd times that I have to re-encode a file to make it either MKV or BD compliant with my OPPO player, I can't seem to see how I can keep the audio from being re-encoded to AC3.

Is there a way...?
Old 3rd April 2016, 15:27   #23912  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathe View Post
Hey, I was wondering for the few odd times that I have to re-encode a file to make it either MKV or BD compliant with my OPPO player, I can't seem to see how I can keep the audio from being re-encoded to AC3.

Is there a way...?
First, yes there is a way. Second -- in most cases you really shouldn't if you are creating a playable disc. While there are players that will play a BD formatted source on DVD (BD-5/9) that has a DTS audio track -- it really isn't compliant with the AVCHD standard. AVCHD only supports AC3 or PCM audio. Allowing DTS will cause the disc to fail on many other players.

To do it:

1. In the setup dialog, uncheck the "Strict AVCHD for BD-5/9 Movie-Only"
2. Add the following line to your INI file:

OVERRIDE_AVCHD_AUDIO_LIMIT=1

To do it on an MKV file is pretty easy. You just create a profile (or use one of the existing profiles) that keeps audio intact.

Last edited by jdobbs; 3rd April 2016 at 15:29.
Old 3rd April 2016, 15:33   #23913  |  Link
mparade

Is there a way to modify the "MENU_NORMAL_COLOR" from the standard "grey"?

Thank you for the help, maybe I just did not consider something...
mparade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2016, 15:38   #23914  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by mparade View Post
Is there a way to modify the "MENU_NORMAL_COLOR" from the standard "grey"?

Thank you for the help, maybe I just did not consider something...
You can set the default color for menus created via Quick-Play or Imports -- but you can't change the color of the original disc if you are doing a full backup.

Look for MENU_ACTIVE_COLOR and MENU_CUSTOM_COLOR in HIDDENOPTS.TXT. But, since the default is GREEN, I suspect this isn't what you're talking about.
Old 3rd April 2016, 15:42   #23915  |  Link
mparade

Hello,

I used the following options in BD-RB:

MENU_ACTIVE_COLOR=custom
MENU_CUSTOM_COLOR=0xe2001e

0xe2001e is a shade of Venetian Red but in the menu the active color is a saturated deep blue due to some for me unknown reason.

Please help.

Thank you in advance for the help!
Old 3rd April 2016, 15:47   #23916  |  Link
mparade

Quote:
You can set the default color for menus created via Quick-Play or Imports -- but you can't change the color of the original disc if you are doing a full backup.

Look for MENU_ACTIVE_COLOR and MENU_CUSTOM_COLOR in HIDDENOPTS.TXT. But, since the default is GREEN, I suspect this isn't what you're talking about.
Sorry for the misunderstanding. I am using the import/Quick-Play function of BD-RB to backup my Tom&Jerry DVD collection (130 episodes). I meant the button state in normal mode (without being selected). I checked and the green colour appeared when the buttons were selected. I am just asking if the button is not selected the default "grey" colour can be modified or not.
Old 3rd April 2016, 16:03   #23917  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Sorry for the misunderstanding. I am using the import/Quick-Play function of BD-RB to backup my Tom&Jerry DVD collection (130 episodes). I meant the button state in normal mode (without being selected). I checked and the green colour appeared when the buttons were selected. I am just asking if the button is not selected the default "grey" colour can be modified or not.
Ahh... I see. No, currently it can't be changed. But I can add it to the next release easy enough.

I was hoping, at some point, to use this foundation to build a complete BD authoring utility (minus BD-J) -- but I'm really not sure whether I'll ever get around to it.

Last edited by jdobbs; 3rd April 2016 at 16:05.
Old 3rd April 2016, 16:13   #23918  |  Link
mparade

Quote:
Ahh... I see. No, currently it can't be changed. But I can add it to the next release easy enough.

I was hoping, at some point, to use this foundation to build a complete BD authoring utility (minus BD-J) -- but I'm really not sure whether I'll ever get around to it.
Thank you very much in advance. Until that time I can easily modify my menu background in PS to be nice with "grey" normal font colour. Anyway, if you will have some time could you please check why the MENU_CUSTOM_COLOR opt seems to be not working with MENU_ACTIVE_COLOR=custom? I got false active button colours after using this.
Old 3rd April 2016, 16:27   #23919  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Hello,

I used the following options in BD-RB:

MENU_ACTIVE_COLOR=custom
MENU_CUSTOM_COLOR=0xe2001e

0xe2001e is a shade of Venetian Red but in the menu the active color is a saturated deep blue due to some for me unknown reason.

Please help.

Thank you in advance for the help!
I think you may have what you think is the position for Red and Blue reversed. In yours:

E2 = Blue
00 = Green
1E = Red

So you'd get a color that is largely blue. In Microsoft's color model, the least significant byte is Red, so it would look like 0xBBGGRR.

The value you probably want to use would be 0x1e00e2

Last edited by jdobbs; 3rd April 2016 at 16:38.
Old 3rd April 2016, 16:56   #23920  |  Link
mparade

Quote:
I think you may have what you think is the position for Red and Blue reversed. In yours:

E2 = Blue
00 = Green
1E = Red

So you'd get a color that is largely blue. In Microsoft's color model, the least significant byte is Red, so it would look like 0xBBGGRR.

The value you probably want to use would be 0x1e00e2
Now, it is clear, thank you very much. I used previously the hex colour code I got directly from Photoshop for the active unique button colour. Instead, the RGB numbers should be used from PS and a decimal code should be calculated based on Microsoft's color model. The calculated decimal code is correct, I can confirm, BD-RB use this decimal code correctly.