Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Decrypting
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 17th December 2008, 14:02   #1  |  Link
loo3aem3ON

AACS support in libbluray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accident View Post
Some general info would also be nice. Is it at all like CSS? I query the device for a challenge, do some work to eventually be authenticated. After that, I do similar work to gain title keys, after that it is plain decrypting.
I would expect it to be similar but i don't really know CSS.
You can take a look at dumpHD as a sample implementation. KenD00 has recently released the source code.

Quote:
What is the deal with player firmware? We can only work with certain drives? Ie, is it not going to feasible to be a full BD player that needs no modification (beyond perhaps player keys).
To obtain the volume id from a disc the player must present a valid certificate which the drive will challenge. The certificates can be revoked. A patched drive doesn't require authentication to access protected data. So having a patched drive can be compared with knowing the ECDSA private key used to sign the certificates. It's certainly possible to provide patches for drives from other vendors too.

Quote:
Should this be in a new thread?
Use this thread please.
loo3aem3ON is offline   Reply With Quote