Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Decrypting
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 17th December 2008, 14:02   #1  |  Link
loo3aem3ON

AACS support in libbluray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accident View Post
Some general info would also be nice. Is it at all like CSS? I query the device for a challenge, do some work to eventually be authenticated. After that, I do similar work to gain title keys, after that it is plain decrypting.
I would expect it to be similar but i don't really know CSS.
You can take a look at dumpHD as a sample implementation. KenD00 has recently released the source code.

Quote:
What is the deal with player firmware? We can only work with certain drives? Ie, is it not going to feasible to be a full BD player that needs no modification (beyond perhaps player keys).
To obtain the volume id from a disc the player must present a valid certificate which the drive will challenge. The certificates can be revoked. A patched drive doesn't require authentication to access protected data. So having a patched drive can be compared with knowing the ECDSA private key used to sign the certificates. It's certainly possible to provide patches for drives from other vendors too.

Quote:
Should this be in a new thread?
Use this thread please.
loo3aem3ON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2008, 02:36   #2  |  Link
Accident

Quote:
Originally Posted by loric
Quote:
Some general info would also be nice. Is it at all like CSS? I query the device for a challenge, do some work to eventually be authenticated. After that, I do similar work to gain title keys, after that it is plain decrypting.
http://freedom-to-tinker.com/blog/fe...-code-released

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=122363
Quote:
Originally Posted by loo3aem3ON
The AACS specification is available http://www.aacsla.com/specifications/ . If you have any questions KenD00 will probably be able to help you. For new keys i could ask the almighty Oopho2ei.
More useful links moved over.
Accident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2008, 17:44   #3  |  Link
KenD00

Whats this AACS implementation supposed to do? You want to be able to retrieve the Volume ID and maybe other AACS related stuff too (maybe up to decrypted CPS Unit keys)? Or do you want to provide an interface that other applications can use to transparently access AACS protected media?

KenD00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2008, 18:23   #4  |  Link
loo3aem3ON

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenD00 View Post
Whats this AACS implementation supposed to do?
An interface for other applications to transparently access AACS encrypted media like libdvdcss2 for obsolete DVDs. A kernel module like AnyDVD-HD would be great but letting the content code run arbitrary code with TRAP_RunNative in kernel mode is not acceptable.
loo3aem3ON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th December 2008, 21:53   #5  |  Link
Doom9
clueless n00b

in light of a previous implementation (libaacs) does it really make sense to reinvent the wheel?
Old 29th December 2008, 02:14   #6  |  Link
Accident

Took a while, but with help I have obtained libaacs-0.05 sources, this could be the latest version, it is hard to know. The developer seems to have disappeared as well. It is possible we can just use libaacs directly, but without the authors input it may be a greater hassle than to re-organise it into a complete library with libbluray. It also contains FUSE, and kernel portions which should be shipped separately. (UDF2.50 support is beyond the scope, and OS dependent.)
Accident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2009, 13:19   #7  |  Link
Vorsety

I have a svn revision of libaacs (r51), which is a bit newer than 0.5. If you are interested in it I can provide you a tarball.
Vorsety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2009, 15:53   #8  |  Link
GLUBSCH

Quick question here for Accident: Is the great project of libbluray DEAD? Please provide some information about its current status. Thanks.
GLUBSCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2009, 07:02   #9  |  Link
cRTrn13

There are a few parallel projects going on implementing bluray libraries with the aim of player usage - I know of at least three under active dev - so, not dead at all.
cRTrn13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2009, 08:12   #10  |  Link
GLUBSCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by cRTrn13
There are a few parallel projects going on implementing bluray libraries with the aim of player usage - I know of at least three under active dev - so, not dead at all.
Well then, cRTrn13, please go ahaed and complete your previous post by naming and linking those projects.
Old 21st September 2009, 09:56   #11  |  Link
cRTrn13

Ok - check the mplayer-dev-eng mailing list and take a look ath the discussion over the past two weeks.
Check out XYZ123's post at: http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=149392
I also know of another non-public (yet) project working on a similar lib.
Old 21st September 2009, 14:03   #12  |  Link
GLUBSCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by cRTrn13 View Post
Ok - check the mplayer-dev-eng mailing list and take a look ath the discussion over the past two weeks.
Check out XYZ123's post at: http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=149392
I also know of another non-public (yet) project working on a similar lib.
Thanks, already saw that one. In your previous post you stated that...
Quote:
Originally Posted by cRTrn13
...I know of at least three under active dev...
What happened to the third?
Old 21st September 2009, 15:11   #13  |  Link
cRTrn13

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLUBSCH View Post
What happened to the third?
"I also know of another non-public (yet) project working on a similar lib."

Old 21st September 2009, 17:46   #14  |  Link
GLUBSCH

Interesting. Obviously you only know those two - the project of mplayer an "the other (yet not public) one". I donīt believe you (yet).
Old 21st September 2009, 18:02   #15  |  Link
microchip8
ffx264/ffhevc author

Quote:
Interesting. Obviously you only know those two - the project of mplayer an "the other (yet not public) one". I donīt believe you (yet).
There's no reason to force people to provide you with information on bluray libs currently not public or "behind the scenes", especially since you're not a programmer and wouldn't know what to do with them in the first place. Also, he doesn't "know" the bluray project of mplayer as he's the dev of that project in the first place, not heard of it from someone else

Last edited by microchip8; 21st September 2009 at 18:07.
microchip8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2009, 07:51   #16  |  Link
GLUBSCH

Interesting point of view, froggy1. In this moment I just donīt care - thereīs no need to justify others. And did I force something instead of ASKING?
Old 22nd September 2009, 10:31   #17  |  Link
cRTrn13

@GLUBSCH
Listen to froggy1 on this one.
Some people in this community are working hard in bringing proper bluray support to linux. I don't have to justify anything and you can believe what you want. Have you ever thought that maybe some people don't wish their identities to be known and while they are working hard on this stuff they can't be bothered to get in trouble for it? So yes, that's what 'behind the scenes' means and I hope that when you benefit from their work one day, you'll be more appreciative.
Old 22nd September 2009, 10:50   #18  |  Link
microchip8
ffx264/ffhevc author

Quote:
Interesting point of view, froggy1. In this moment I just donīt care - thereīs no need to justify others. And did I force something instead of ASKING?
Yes, you kinda did or rather you "secretly" tried to
Since he didn't provide you with info on all he knows and you wanted that info for whatever reason, you tried to provoke by saying that you don't believe him which is a tactic often used by people to passively force others to confirm their story/claims thus in the end giving you the proof/info they know which you also want to have

There's no reason not to believe a dev, especially on this forum, as people don't lie around here and there's little reason to. We all work in the same field and common goal

Anyways, back on topic

Last edited by microchip8; 22nd September 2009 at 10:55.
microchip8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2009, 11:38   #19  |  Link
GLUBSCH

cRTrn13, I sincerely aplogize for using psychological tactics not allowed in this forum. When are you able to tell when your project might be available to public?
Old 23rd September 2009, 12:37   #20  |  Link
cRTrn13

Quote:
cRTrn13, I sincerely aplogize for using psychological tactics not allowed in this forum. When are you able to tell when your project might be available to public?
It's not my project so I don't really know (the library that is). Soon I hope. The mplayer patch is my project and it already works. It's open and available on the net for you to use.