Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Announcements and Chat > General Discussion

Old 23rd August 2011, 21:39   #1  |  Link
DataOutlaw

Job offer for AVISynth / Linux shell script programmer

I work for a well known post house in the greater Los Anglees area that has been around since the days of "The Wizard of Oz" and am looking for some very specific talent to fill a job req. Specifically we have a lot of Linux shell scripts we run to automate various pieces of digital workflows that involve AVISynth scripts, DGIndex, tar, Manzanita, and Rhozet Carbon Manager API. I need someone who can pick up an maintain these scripts as well as write new scripts for new workflows. I am posting here because I know this talent exists in the Doom9 community where I have been a lurker starting from the days of converting DVD to DivX files through now today making my own Blu-Ray backups to H.264 MP4 with Handbrake. I am hoping someone here may be looking for a job or interested in changing jobs. The full job req is below. If you feel you fit the bill please PM me so I can send you contact information to send your resume.

Digital Media Systems Engineer
JOB DESCRIPTION
This person will be responsible for configuration and maintenance of digital media applications and workflow automation systems.
Responsibilities:
- Maintain and support all production digital media production software and services.
- Design and implement changes to production and automation software and services.
- Create, establish and maintain vendor relationships for production applications and services.
- Coordinate with corporate software development for installation and change management of production applications and services.
- Weekly and Monthly reporting of application and service performance indicators and uptime

Duties:
- Evaluation and documentation of performance of new applications and services prior to purchase
- Documentation of existing applications and services, software licensing, and maintenance schedule
- Performing routine maintenance adhering to published maintenance schedule
- Troubleshooting and repairs to production applications and services.

CANDIDATE PROFILE
- Associates degree in a technical discipline or equivalent technical experience.
- Three to five years' related experience including: knowledge of digital media production and understanding of workflow automation applications.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to learn and support new technologies quickly
- Strong problem solving skills
- Experience with the following tools or technologies:
o Microsoft Windows Desktop and Server operating systems
o Macintosh OSX operating systems
o Linux operating systems
o Automated shell scripts scheduled to run as CRON jobs
o Inlet, Rhozet, Digital Rapids, Ateme encoding software and hardware
o Baton and Cerify Automated QC solutions
o Manzanita Transport Stream Mux
o Microsoft Office Sharepoint Server
o AppleScript, AVISynth, and PERL scripts
o Signiant
o Final Cut Professional
o Solarwinds Orion server monitoring
o Microsoft Active Directory
DataOutlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2011, 21:53   #2  |  Link
kieranrk

Quote:
Originally Posted by DataOutlaw View Post
has been around since the days of "The Wizard of Oz"
That doesn't narrow it down much...

That said a number of people who work at major post-houses are doom9 members. I know of a couple at least.
kieranrk is offline   Reply With Quote