Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Software players

Old 17th November 2019, 14:11   #1  |  Link
hogtop

which CPU is currently recommended to play 4K + HDR movies?

which CPU is currently recommended to play 4K + HDR movies?
AMD OR INTEL ?
which model (including opening filters) ?

which player plays the best 4K movies? HDR?

and why ?
hogtop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2019, 14:23   #2  |  Link
Klaus1189

A high end CPU is not needed when you have a 1050ti which has hardware decoders.

MPC-HC or better MPC-BE, because MPC-BE can also convert HDR to SDR with internal filters, without the need of madVR and MPC-BE development is very active. See its thread for more infos or questions:
Media Player Classic - BE Win32/x64
Here you can download latest Nightly build, don't worry -> rocksolid
https://yadi.sk/d/r7JYQ2NjHvE4lA/Beta/1.5.4
https://yadi.sk/d/hlf1lfC8mKU58
Klaus1189 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2019, 15:27   #3  |  Link
hogtop

Thank you for your help

MPC-BE gives better HDR, but it looks like a DVD player rather than 4K

not the most accurate
to unite
noises in the picture
no details in the picture

" MPC-BE, because MPC-BE can also convert HDR to SDR "
why ruin the movie ? This already means that there are problems with the player play HDR

i have an OPPO 103D and I'd rather see a 1080P than a computer player

Something about the quality of the filters and the player doesn't fit 4K
Old 17th November 2019, 17:22   #4  |  Link
Klaus1189

When it "converts" it is not ruining the video, but it is tonemaping the HDR metadata to SDR video. madVR does similar but in highest quality possible if you set it up so. Just follow the offical threads here on doom9 and also on AVS.
What does not work for you in 4K? I have several 4K screens and every one works just fine with pure MPC-BE without external Filters like LAV Filters and madVR and also with the external filters. I need info to help you with that.
The Envy does also the tonemapping. Look up its price.
By the way I have an OPPO too, but it is a UDP-203
Old 19th November 2019, 08:23   #5  |  Link
hogtop

first thanks for your help !

I'm trying to work with MPC-BE + MPC-HC x64
Everyone has pros and cons

1. i opened filters - like sharpen and sharpen complex

these are the only filters that do something for your image, but the price this black tones is shattering! Light noises in movie !
brightness goes down a lot .

2. madVR- is written in filters that do not work

Quote:
What does not work for you in 4K?
all movies and sound types work in 4K including sound DTS -X (but No sound punch, quality , no character )

you have the most powerful computer processors and computer commands at any level you want and no one is right for quality!
Play quality!

but it doesn't look 4K! ( In 10 BIT Colors movies, colors are lost, lacking many shades, lacking sharpness
compared to the Blue Ray 1080P, the Blue Ray looks sharper! you see many details in oppo 103D !

Darbee Visual - your players do not have similar elements like Darbee Visual / AI and the Tegra X1 in SHIELD TV Pro

i have a Q9FN 65 "screen

you feel that the filters and Player MPC-BE + MPC-HC x64 ! are not tuned in to show and play quality !!!
Can play any movie but without quality .

3. HDR - does not work well with Player MPC-BE + MPC-HC x64
i do not know if this the Microsoft driver for HDR or players for HDR ?
Or need a special computer processor ?

4. the problem I feel is that developers are not looking to give image or sound quality!
Not compatible with new computer systems and processors, processing commands of 2019 or 2015

Quote:
" By the way I have an OPPO too, but it is a UDP-203 "
and look at the situation the OPPO company closed 18 months ago !!!
there are no updates and the price of 203 oppo device increased from $ 450 to $ 2100 +
it screams and says computer players aren't good enough !!!

6. see sales of SHIELD TV Pro are not Standing in demand and it is a device with lots of problem

7. The Samsung TV player does a better job than your player
with HDR or with out HDR
But without DTS or eARC support

8. i must add that your players lack quality = HDR, contrast, 10 / 12BIT colors
and it feels like developers don't have screens that match the quality of display !
NO Rich, sharp and detailed picture

8.1 the same goes for sound, as if no one has really checked or heard what it sounds like in 7.1.6
Or 9.1.6 or 5.1.4
No sound accuracy quality
there is no sound detail no sharp sound

Last edited by hogtop; 19th November 2019 at 09:22.
Old 19th November 2019, 12:39   #6  |  Link
QBhd
QB the Slayer

Wow... there is so much to unpack here.

I'm not sure anyone can help you since you seem to be looking for something that most here would consider wrong.

I can say with a certainty that madVR is one of the best (if not THE best) renderer for it's ability to produce an amazing image in terms of both quality and accuracy.

I can only guess, but either your entire setup has some serious flaws or you are chasing dragons that nearly everyone here would avoid at all costs.

QB
Old 19th November 2019, 15:41   #7  |  Link
hogtop

Quote:
Originally Posted by QBhd View Post
Wow... there is so much to unpack here.

I'm not sure anyone can help you since you seem to be looking for something that most here would consider wrong.

I can say with a certainty that madVR is one of the best (if not THE best) renderer for it's ability to produce an amazing image in terms of both quality and accuracy.

I can only guess, but either your entire setup has some serious flaws or you are chasing dragons that nearly everyone here would avoid at all costs.

QB
the system is quite simple to install and operate, and there are some filters that really help!

1. Unfortunately - the player does a bad job

2. From 2000 I have been installing various players, the players
2.1 MPC-BE + MPC-HC x64 They have a history that developers just disappeared, stopped supporting them.

3. Over the years there have been so many compromises and malfunctions with the player!

3.1 that many people ran away from a quality tune through a computer and bought a Stream + Blue Ray

3.2 for many years in all the forums in the US and Europe people complained about the poor quality of players!
that's the reality!

3.3 Countless players were left by their owners who couldn't sell them either, because nobody wanted to pay them! That's a reality!

Quote:
I can say with a certainty that madVR is one of the best
is it a quality plug? If it does not work in the player and is closed for operation

how do you recommend a plug-in that doesn't exist in the player?

4. all your words without exception, unrelated to the reality of quality non-quality players!

4.1 no wonder you can't answer anything listed here
apart from listing an advertisement that you have the best player in the world!
Unrelated to reality

this is not the only problem for MPC-BE + MPC-HC x64 players
just show the joke of poor quality of players, let's take for example POWER DVD 19

Who for 12 years has not been updated on his engine see a picture of commands in the processor

3D NOW ? 12 years does not exist
every year the POWER DVD players get worse !
they ask for $ 100 on a player that gives poor viewing quality, they have no money to spend .
so they change graphics of the player every year!

i must point out that the sound is usually quality!
and sell the same player every year With a new advertisement
Old 19th November 2019, 15:51   #8  |  Link
huhn

if you state anything as "reality" you should back it up with facts.

you are just ranting none sense.

you do not even understanding how DTS-X and dolby atmos work and there is nothing a "player" can do with it that'S how it works it untouchable by the source player and the end device like an AVR has to do everything...
huhn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2019, 17:55   #9  |  Link
Klaus1189

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogtop View Post
first thanks for your help !
You're welcome Most important question is what grafics card and what mainboard do you use? Exact name and type number.

Quote:
I'm trying to work with MPC-BE + MPC-HC x64
Everyone has pros and cons
For me MPC-BE has not a single con, everything works like I want it to be.

Quote:
1. i opened filters - like sharpen and sharpen complex
these are the only filters that do something for your image, but the price this black tones is shattering! Light noises in movie !
brightness goes down a lot .
Use that kind of filters later, for now I want to help you that you can enjoy MPC-BE and maybe also external filters, just like you want

Quote:
2. madVR- is written in filters that do not work
download madVR, unpack the folder to your desired location, open the unpacked folder and rightclick install.bat
now madVR is installed and can be configured with doubleclick on madHcCtrl.exe then a icon in taskbar appears.
Here it will be too much to suggest the settings for your needs, this will be a thing for later .

Quote:
all movies and sound types work in 4K including sound DTS -X (but No sound punch, quality , no character )
What Mainboard and sound related devices like AVR or pc speaker, ... do you use and how connected to PC?

Quote:
you have the most powerful computer processors and computer commands at any level you want and no one is right for quality!
Play quality!
What do you mean by that? Quality is here, I think it just needs some settings tweaking.

Quote:
but it doesn't look 4K! ( In 10 BIT Colors movies, colors are lost, lacking many shades, lacking sharpness
compared to the Blue Ray 1080P, the Blue Ray looks sharper! you see many details in oppo 103D !
What does OSD info tell you when pressing info button of TV remote when PC is playing a video?

Quote:
Darbee Visual - your players do not have similar elements like Darbee Visual / AI and the Tegra X1 in SHIELD TV Pro
What do you want say with that? Please be more precise what you want or need.

Quote:
i have a Q9FN 65 "screen
OK, it is the highest class Samsung QLED of 2018. One of my TVs is a Q9FN too

Quote:
you feel that the filters and Player MPC-BE + MPC-HC x64 ! are not tuned in to show and play quality !!!
Can play any movie but without quality .
What quality are you missing, please post sreenshots or describe it. For pictures please use Google drive or similar, do not post it directly here, we cannot view them.

Quote:
3. HDR - does not work well with Player MPC-BE + MPC-HC x64
i do not know if this the Microsoft driver for HDR or players for HDR ?
Or need a special computer processor ?
No, just install madVR as already described and select it under Options -> Video -> Video Renderer
In madVR options select passthrough HDR to display in devices -> name of Screen -> hdr

Quote:
4. the problem I feel is that developers are not looking to give image or sound quality!
Not compatible with new computer systems and processors, processing commands of 2019 or 2015
What is exactly the problem, since I get high quality out of it I need more info to help you with the settings

Quote:
5. and look at the situation the OPPO company closed 18 months ago !!!
there are no updates and the price of 203 oppo device increased from $ 450 to $ 2100 +
it screams and says computer players aren't good enough !!!
Not really, since there are different user types, some prefer hardware players and other prefer software players.

Quote:
6. see sales of SHIELD TV Pro are not Standing in demand and it is a device with lots of problem
I can not say anything about it since I don't own it because I have a dedicated custom HTPC built by myself

Quote:
7. The Samsung TV player does a better job than your player with HDR or with out HDR
But without DTS or eARC support
What clips do you compare? And yes Samsung dropped support for these audio types. But I cannot confirm it it better than my HTPC. But for exactly that issue I want to help you and change your mind.

Quote:
8. i must add that your players lack quality = HDR, contrast, 10 / 12BIT colors
and it feels like developers don't have screens that match the quality of display !
NO Rich, sharp and detailed picture
Again you need to install madVR to passthrough HDR to the display. Then we can discuss that.

Quote:
8.1 the same goes for sound, as if no one has really checked or heard what it sounds like in 7.1.6
Or 9.1.6 or 5.1.4
No sound accuracy quality
there is no sound detail no sharp sound
If you are Bitstreaming, what you should, the audio is sent to the AVR exactly the same way as a OPPO does it. Same audio signal bit exact at AVR
What comes in my mind, do you use a AVR and external speaker? If you are using built in TV speakers you must be sure to downmix Audio to Stereo im MPC-BE. Otherwise the Center and other channels way be not hearable.

This was the first one, please wait a bit for the next part
Old 20th November 2019, 00:31   #10  |  Link
Sparktank
47.952fps@71.928Hz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klaus1189 View Post
A high end CPU is not needed when you have a 1050ti which has hardware decoders.
This pretty much sums it up.

I'm using an old, used XEON with 12 cores. Does not support AVX extension.
But with a GTX 1060 and 12GB of RAM, I can rip my UHD movies and watch them without any frame drops.

I watch on my PC.
SDR monitor, MPC-HC (development continued on Github, for new updates/patches, it's preferred you have a push commit), latest MadVR test builds (not static web page to get updates, random posts on the AVSforums have download links to test builds; so use latest stable on a static page: Videohelp).

In LAV filters, you can disable 10/16bit and let it export as NV12 (8bit). In MadVR OSD stats, you'll see that you can shave off about 10-15ms of rendering time.
Test this, so you can see if you notice a difference in accuracy or not.
Placebo people will use 10/16bit. Insane people will use RGB48.

On my really outdated system (old mobo and old cpu), I use NV12 on my 32" 1080p/SDR/TN monitor (not IPS or O/LED; bought it for gaming and HFR interpolating via SVP).
The difference between NV12 and 10bit, only some scenes may show actual difference to me.
AMD Ryzen 5 2600 @3.4GHz (6c/12th, I'm on AVX2 now!)
Sparktank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2019, 00:50   #11  |  Link
huhn

Quote:
In LAV filters, you can disable 10/16bit and let it export as NV12 (8bit). In MadVR OSD stats, you'll see that you can shave off about 10-15ms of rendering time.
and would could lower the render times even lower by selecting RGB output. because the GPU doesn't have to do that now. is this a good idea no because there is no reason to touch the image and if you have perfroamcne issues just use D3D11 decode and you should not loose 10 ms render times.
still wonder how my 1060 can do every thing in less then 10 ms but...
Quote:
Placebo people will use 10/16bit. Insane people will use RGB48.
sane user will not change these settings at all because they just cost CPU cycles for nothing. using RGB out of any kind is lowering picture quality by maving the chroma scaling to the CPU instead of a GPU which is much faster and efficient by doing that.

Quote:
On my really outdated system (old mobo and old cpu), I use NV12 on my 32" 1080p/SDR/TN monitor (not IPS or O/LED; bought it for gaming and HFR interpolating via SVP).
The difference between NV12 and 10bit, only some scenes may show actual difference to me.
no you don't using NV12 because your screen doesn't support it for an input and GPU can't output NV12 the closes would YCbCr 4:2:0 which is possible with HDMI 2.0 there is absolutely no reason to do that.
Old 20th November 2019, 01:21   #12  |  Link
Sparktank
47.952fps@71.928Hz

If I use 10/16bit YUV420 on a full remux, It can take up to 44ms, which drops frames and lags a lot.
That's with no compromise in the trade/quality settings in Madvr (except for scale chroma separately).

Using NV12 vs YV12 in 8bit, I get faster render times in MadVR using NV12.
Selecting only NV12/YV12, LAV will export NV12, anyway.

Older builds of MadVR would spike up to at least 40.

Selecting any RGB mode in LAV spikes up to at least 50.

Id I add compromising in HDR/Gamut tonemapping accuracy, I get at least 32ms for RGB24.
Which is just playable. Anything at least 40ms and it starts to stutter and lag a lot for me.
Old 20th November 2019, 01:51   #13  |  Link
huhn

did you try d3d11?
and did you lower the queue you have very little Vram?

p010 is double the raw size of NV12 but it can be send without doing anything.

did you even check if your CPU can do an RGB conversation in real time for UHD not sure if anyone ever made that multi threaded ?
Old 20th November 2019, 02:24   #14  |  Link
Sparktank
47.952fps@71.928Hz

Quote:
Originally Posted by huhn View Post
did you try d3d11?
and did you lower the queue you have very little Vram?

p010 is double the raw size of NV12 but it can be send without doing anything.

did you even check if your CPU can do an RGB conversation in real time for UHD not sure if anyone ever made that multi threaded ?
It is set for D3D11 (not auto).
The queue is set for 3 advanced frames in windowed mode (pretty much how I always watch things).

I'm not sure if it's updates to LAV or MadVR, but going 10/16 would act like I was using RGB48.
For some reason, using 10/16 has no impact on performance.
Old 20th November 2019, 02:35   #15  |  Link
huhn

try auto plz. d3d11 copyback is just a "worse" DXVA2 copyback if you don't need a headless gpu.

the present queue should only be10 or 8 bit RGB the real Vram eater is the render queue which is at least 16 bit.
Old 20th November 2019, 23:17   #16  |  Link
hogtop

Quote:
if you state anything as "reality" you should back it up with facts.
All my answers bring reality! That as the years go by the quality of the players playing on the computer goes down!
When the quality of films goes up

this is facts !

FFDSHOW is still encoded better than your coders+shaders today for PC !
the ability of coded maneuvering is much better for movies up to 1080P. ( FFDSHOW do not develop 10 years - / + )

Today you have shaders that come with ready-made filters that do nothing good for the picture!
If there are shaders that work with the severe side effects of image damage
this is facts !

see photos I took with the James Bond 4K movie
which I add https://imgur.com/YyCkpiu
note the grid in the image with shaders

for many years I did not get any picture quality so bad in the player!
and with a 4K movie .
https://imgur.com/bhXQpmd

Not to mention noise in the picture, distorted colors,

i must point out that you have the most powerful processors on computers
the best video cards from any other player in the store!
and the quality of the players on the computer is very poor

i thought I was doing something wrong and going to friends with high quality equipment and that's where your player looks bad too!
i don't understand your line of thought ? Why do you save quality image processing power on pc ?

my friends have a 10-core 12-core processor+video card
and you don't take advantage of anything from a computer!

you don't use computer processing power, nothing good happens!
i do not understand what you're trying to save electricity ?

Quote:
you do not even understanding how DTS-X and dolby atmos work and there is nothing a "player" can do with it that'S how it works it untouchable by the source player and the end device like an AVR has to do everything...
That's the problem, I see the same movie in other players as OPPO 203, Cambridge pioneer
Sound gets new life, dynamic, sharpness

Here PowerDVD player comes to sound quality expression
and that sounds the best IN PC !
Somehow your player manages to ruin anything good!

your " pass-through " in DTS-X /dts-hd / DD ....NOT WORK GOOD
(i do have to point out that I found movies that sounded good , but the majority were not exciting and not good like ....)

do your developers have access to quality equipment ?
like a quality 65 "TV like Q90 or OLED?
receivers with 9.1.6 / etc ?
because many friends and I can't figure out if anyone is trying to do tricks with Player ? elimination player?

i know your player 15 years + The situation is bad with high movie quality.

i know so many people who thought they had a computer player and that's the best thing there is!
and after seeing a Blue Ray player, OPPO or other types just couldn't go back to playing on the computer Movies !

You succeeded destroying every mark of quality in the computer player !!!

inaccurate colors
Poor colors in dark picture
It's hard to tell the difference between 8BIT and 10BIT. High quality players have a 12BIT conversion and it looks good.
Your filters are bad,
shaders if working only destroys the image

I can't find anything quality in your player!
like someone is forcibly trying to destroy the domain of pc !
Old 20th November 2019, 23:36   #17  |  Link
videoh
Useful n00b

Quote:
All my answers bring reality!
Gotta love this guy! Never back down.
videoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2019, 01:32   #18  |  Link
hogtop

Quote:
You're welcome Most important question is what grafics card and what mainboard do you use? Exact name and type number.
I'm sorry for the truth I'm writing but someone has to say instant once, enough! The player looks bad!
all the people I know on forums around the world don't touch in computer player !
and they have the most sophisticated computers in the world!
I don't need a quality computer

i have AMD 8350 +NVIDIA 1050ti +CROSSHAIR V FORMULA-Z
I have AMD 1950+ nvidia 1070
DENON 8500 9.1.6 / 9.1.4 /7.1.6 ( The receiver selects channels up to 13.2 )
oled tv +samsung tv 65" q9fn
all computer players do not work well with OLED because OLED is WRGB and not RGB ( So what I wrote is for Samsung TV )

Quote:
For me MPC-BE has not a single con, everything works like I want it to be.
The quality is not good, against Blue Ray, or OPPO 103D
Neither me or my friends!

THE HDR Does not work well with your players
I can't say one good word about any computer player
and I've been to a lot of houses and people and nobody can see quality through your player

Quote:
Once upon a time, the players needed electricity and needed quality cores on the computer for 1080P !
today there is 4K and the players do not need electricity or cores on the computer!
And the video quality through the computer is worse than 10 years ago +
Quote:
What Mainboard and sound related devices like AVR or pc speaker, ... do you use and how connected to PC?
Only high quality and expensive HDMI cables, from 20 cm up to 1 meter length / AVR 8500

Quote:
What do you mean by that? Quality is here, I think it just needs some settings tweaking.
no
Someone in your development destroyed all player !
decided not to need image processing power!
and need to save electricity!
and people don't want to buy quality computers !!!
this is where the quality has deteriorated started

Quote:
What does OSD info tell you when pressing info button of TV remote when PC is playing a video?
MY AVR SAY The James Bond 4K movie shows a 4K 60FPS transmission
8 BIT
and I have to point out with the RGB oriented in 1050TI video card it looks sharp!
But not 10 BIT
in MPC-HC x64
The contrast is good but the colors are weak and not good

I'm directing the movie on a video card to 4: 2: 0 12BIT
There is color improvement But a small difference

I made some video card enhancements to specifically target the player to work better with the NVIDIA 1050TI and it improves!
But the picture is dark and colors are not good

Good Contrast!
60FPS looks good and very sharp

With 4K movie and video card matching, your player is better and can compete with OPPO 103D that broadcasts 1080P
But the colors are not good!
Sharp as the OPPO 103D
HDR 10 - Does not work well and does not improve the film
The film looks too sharp, and the movement is not good

with MPC-BE
The film looks too sharp, and the movement is not good
Colors slightly better
Weak contrasts
Low light in the movie has a serious problem with a Low lighting see image
https://imgur.com/a/sr9NDFK

https://imgur.com/YyCkpiu

HDR 10 - Not good looking, better without HDR
Turning off sharpness filters - improves movement, lowers contrast

The.Current.War.2017.1080p.BluRay - MOVIE

Player looks dark, weak colors!
Many sections do not cope well with weak film lighting and color distortion

Here's a big problem seeing every movie has to sit for hours within the player at the movie
and there is no improvement

AVR Showing 60 FPS 4: 2: 0
12 BIT
Seamless motion, but the player does not cope well with low film lighting
all filters are closed
Weak contrasts

the OPPO 103D is tuned once and can be seen in 2 options with Derby or not
The player automatically selects colors and encodes through HDMI 1 or HDMI 2 in oppo

with RGB 8bit 4k 60hz
the same problems only make the color weaker

I added MPC-BE the software to the 1050TI video card in a specific direction.
I'll play with it tomorrow, because it's already 2AM

there is a problem that keeps coming back
the filters are pre-made and do not fit automatically!
It really helps save CPU power.
But it destroys all good quality and color matching and lighting quality !
This is your player's biggest problem

movie is a dynamic thing, every movie has its own special lighting
There are special colors!
And your filters are not dynamic!
It saves processing power !!!
But ruining every experience and quality of view !!!
No wonder people and Videophiles don't like playing on the computer today.

Audiophiles - Because the filters are not dynamic in your player, no quality, no life in sound, you got the best quality in sound today with DTS-X + dd+ Atmos
and you managed to kill everything living in sound !
Old 21st November 2019, 01:43   #19  |  Link
huhn

hey i installed a player set it up totally wrong so the player is wrong not me i speak the truth.

Quote:
it's open source change it...

Quote:
control+print is a power thingy on a computer not that i need an better image here good job you messed it up
Quote:
FFDSHOW is still encoded better than your coders+shaders today for PC !
i didn't own them and i didn't see an shader encoding in a while.
Quote:
Today you have shaders that come with ready-made filters that do nothing good for the picture!
If there are shaders that work with the severe side effects of image damage
this is facts !
proven with nothing.
Quote:
well good job. how many instances of sharpen complex are that? guess that happens if you give someone a tool box he doesn't understand and let him play around with it.
Quote:
i must point out that you have the most powerful processors on computers
the best video cards from any other player in the store!
and the quality of the players on the computer is very poor
the only thing that bad here are your settings.
Quote:
i thought I was doing something wrong and going to friends with high quality equipment and that's where your player looks bad too!
you are definitely doing pretty much everything wrong
Quote:
i don't understand your line of thought ? Why do you save quality image processing power on pc ?
doing more changes to an image doesn't mean it is better. you are doing a pretty good job in proving this.
[QUOTE]my friends have a 10-core 12-core processor+video card
and you don't take advantage of anything from a computer!/QUOTE]
we are not? him that's odd people start to complain that a 2080 ti is not fast enough i guess you just have better hardware.
Quote:
you don't use computer processing power, nothing good happens!
i do not understand what you're trying to save electricity ?
well i pay for my electric bill you don't?
Quote:
Here PowerDVD player comes to sound quality expression
and that sounds the best IN PC !
Somehow your player manages to ruin anything good!
so audio that is 100 % correctly decoded with the creators intend is not good enough?
Quote:
your " pass-through " in DTS-X /dts-hd / DD ....NOT WORK GOOD
(i do have to point out that I found movies that sounded good , but the majority were not exciting and not good like ....)
but it's bit identical the player can't change it even if it wants to do that.
Quote:
do your developers have access to quality equipment ?
like a quality 65 "TV like Q90 or OLED?
receivers with 9.1.6 / etc ?
why shouldn't they?
Quote:
because many friends and I can't figure out if anyone is trying to do tricks with Player ? elimination player?
i don't know maybe ask the player for treat next time.
sorry you can't figure it out i guess that's reality.
Quote:
i know your player 15 years + The situation is bad with high movie quality.
if you say so.
Quote:
i know so many people who thought they had a computer player and that's the best thing there is!
and after seeing a Blue Ray player, OPPO or other types just couldn't go back to playing on the computer Movies !
oppo is dead the PC player is not so good luck in the future.
Quote:
You succeeded destroying every mark of quality in the computer player !!!
it's open source you know feel free to change that. i mean you can't even set a video player up on a PC but maybe you can write a new one that's just better.
Quote:
inaccurate colors
Poor colors in dark picture
It's hard to tell the difference between 8BIT and 10BIT. High quality players have a 12BIT conversion and it looks good.
Your filters are bad,
shaders if working only destroys the image
my calibrated TV and verification say something different but maybe write new calibration software too.
to bad that GPU's use mostly FP32 that's 32 of these bit thingys do you even know what they do?

Quote:
I can't find anything quality in your player!
not like we have anything better todo. maybe just move on if you are not good enough in using them.

and now i wish you a lot of fun pressing every button, check every check box that is possible to check and change every setting you could possible touch without any clue what you are doing them blame it for the result that you created.

ahh yeah don't forget there are other forums that need to know about that spread it stop us from destroying the "PC domain" you are the last hope! in the name of reality.
Old 21st November 2019, 02:40   #20  |  Link
hogtop

Quote:
Quote:
it's open source change it...
I'm not a manufacturer, unfortunately
You ask with an opinion? Recieve!
Now you know why people don't like a computer player!
Also available free ! don't like computer player!

Someone needs to start telling the truth!

no
Someone in your development destroyed all player !
decided not to need image processing power!
and need to save electricity!
and people don't want to buy quality computers !!!
this is where the quality has deteriorated started

there is a problem that keeps coming back
the filters are pre-made and do not fit automatically!
It really helps save CPU power.
But it destroys all good quality and color matching and lighting quality !
This is your player's biggest problem

Audiophiles - Because the filters are not dynamic in your player, no quality, no life in sound, you got the best quality in sound today with DTS-X + dd+ Atmos
and you managed to kill everything living in sound !

Image with different lighting has quality distortion

No wonder you lose many viewers?

No wonder the lowest-level HDR can't work with your player!
that's one problem!
and there are many problems with non-dynamic filters!

no dynamic filters - no HDR 10
no dynamic filters - no HDR 10 +
no dynamic filters - no Dolby Vision HDR
no dynamic filters - no quality, no life in sound.
no dynamic filters = Today the player's life will be short !

No wonder people who see their new HDR screen with a computer player are very disappointed!
So much so that they think it's all a fraud.

Believe me I don't enjoy writing it and I'd rather write and tell all my friends, play movies only in your player!

No wonder all the players PC - its developers are gone!
Even selling the player can not.

You are trying to bring more customers to your player and you will get the opposite results!
People are losing interest in not understanding why quality is not good, with any PC player
Unfortunately !

Unfortunately all your answers are not written to the point
You have been personally offended !
why ?

My screen player in samsung tv including HDR does a much better job than any other player!
But not DTS!

don't understand why Samsung refuses to give driver to sound pass-through to receiver ?

Same problem with the Blue Ray4K Panasonic 820 player, you can't hear the movies!
Just watch movies without sound

Next year with HDMI 2.1 + eARC
Which computer player will stay alive ? and why ?