Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > New and alternative a/v containers

Old 26th January 2019, 09:11   #281  |  Link
mariner

Quote:
Originally Posted by algorithm_colon View Post
Here's a 1 minute sample
Thank you, algorithm_colon.
mariner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2019, 01:52   #282  |  Link
leon

Is it possible to make mkvmerge completely abort muxing in case of a warning?
leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2019, 18:39   #283  |  Link
Mosu
MKVToolNix author

Quote:
Originally Posted by leon View Post
Is it possible to make mkvmerge completely abort muxing in case of a warning?
No. At the moment there's no option for that. I might add one, though. Please file a feature request over on Gitlab. Otherwise chances are I might forget about it again. Thanks.

If I ever ask you to upload something, please use my file server.
Mosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2019, 11:26   #284  |  Link
leon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosu View Post
No. At the moment there's no option for that. I might add one, though. Please file a feature request over on Gitlab. Otherwise chances are I might forget about it again. Thanks.
Somebody's already done it(Thanks): https://gitlab.com/mbunkus/mkvtoolnix/issues/2493
Thanks for considering this.
Old 1st February 2019, 20:02   #285  |  Link
mkver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulus_No View Post
Something's wrong with kerning on v29.0.0: http://www.framecompare.com/image-co...rison/W67WNNNX
OS is Windows 8 x64, font is Segoe UI.
System information: https://pastebin.com/h4e0RECr
The kerning problem is gone since the first continuous build after 30.1. Incidentally, this commit is about qt, but updating the qt requirement alone can't fix this; there was an update of qt (or some other stuff that has something to do with font rendering) at the same time, wasn't there?
mkver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2019, 20:31   #286  |  Link
Mosu
MKVToolNix author

Yep, I did update my MXE build environment on 2019-01-06, and the first continuous build after after 30.1.0 (not the one for 30.1.0, though) seems to have been done with the updated environment. MXE did update the HarfBuzz library, among other things, within the timeframe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkver View Post
Incidentally, this commit is about qt
That commit only updated the documentation & the check in "configure". The change that actually triggered higher Qt requirements went in before release 30.0.0 already. That commit is completely unrelated to the issue at hand.

Old 3rd February 2019, 07:49   #287  |  Link
tormento
Acid fr0g

@Mosu I dunno if it's related to your suite or the specific app, anyway, could you please get a look at that?
Old 3rd February 2019, 12:39   #288  |  Link
Mosu
MKVToolNix author

Quote:
Originally Posted by tormento View Post
@Mosu I dunno if it's related to your suite or the specific app, anyway, could you please get a look at that?
That's definitely due to what that application does. I cannot help you with it.

Old 9th February 2019, 12:31   #289  |  Link
Mosu
MKVToolNix author

MKVToolNix v31.0.0 released

Hey,

I've just released MKVToolNix v31.0.0 which fixes a couple of issues, especially drag & drop support in combination with Qt 5.12 and newer. Note that the addition of flushing cached data on closing files introduced in v30 has been reverted due to detrimental behavior; an additional command line option has been added to make mkvmerge flush its buffers for those who need it.

Nothing has changed for package managers since v30.1.0.

Here are the usual links: the MKVToolNix home page, the Windows installer/portable version & macOS DMG & Linux AppImage and the source code.

The Windows and macOS binaries as well as the Linux AppImage are available already. The other Linux binaries are still being built and will be available over the course of the next couple of hours.

Here are the NEWS since the previous release:

Quote:
# Version 31.0.0 "Dolores In A Shoestand" 2019-02-09

## New features and enhancements

* all programs: added a new option `--abort-on-warnings` that will cause the program to abort after it has emitted the first warning, similar to how it aborts after the first error. Implements #2493.
* mkvmerge, mkvextract: when closing files that were opened for writing, cached data will not be flushed to storage automatically anymore. This reverts the workaround implemented for #2469. A new option was added to both programs (`--flush-on-close`) that re-enables flushing for people who are affected by data loss such as described in #2469.
The reason is that automatic flushing causes long delays in processing queues when the output by mkvmerge/mkvextract isn't the final product but just an intermediate result to be processed further.
Implements #2480.
* MKVToolNix GUI: multiplexer: the dialog previewing different character sets for text subtitles will now keep the position of the displayed text when switching between character sets. Implements #2489.

## Bug fixes

* mkvmerge: AVI reader: using DV type 1 AVIs will now result in an unsupported file type being reported (as the underlying AVI library doesn't support them) instead of crashing mkvmerge. Fixes #2491.
* mkvmerge: HEVC: the height of interlaced streams will now be set correctly to the height of the full frame instead of the height of a single interlaced field. Fixes #2446.
* mkvmerge: MP4 reader: edit lists consisting solely of elements that mkvmerge doesn't support (such as dwells) are simply ignored. Before no data was read for such tracks at all. Fixes #2487.
* mkvmerge: text subtitles: entries with an explicit duration of 0ms will now be handled correctly: the 0ms duration will be stored in Matroska instead of the difference between the current and the following entry. Fixes #2490.
* MKVToolNix GUI: multiplexer, chapter editor: fixed drag & drop handling with Qt 5.12.0 and newer. Fixes #2472.
* MKVToolNix GUI: multiplexer: the GUI did not clean up temporary files created when running `mkvmerge`. Fixes #2499.

## Build system changes

* Qt 5.4.0 or newer has required (up from 5.3.0) since version 30.0.0; I just forgot to include this entry.
Have fun

Last edited by Mosu; 9th February 2019 at 21:40.
Old 9th February 2019, 21:20   #290  |  Link
mkver

Quote:
Note that the addition of flushing cached data on closing files introduced in v30 has been reverted to do detrimental behavior;
Interesting. I didn't now you had such a destructive nature.
(You wanted to write "due to", didn't you?)
Old 9th February 2019, 21:27   #291  |  Link
Mosu
MKVToolNix author

LOOOOOOL I did indeed "due to" is obviously the intended wording

Old 9th February 2019, 21:38   #292  |  Link
sneaker_ger

Quote:
I've just released MKVToolNix v31.0.0
Quote:
* MKVToolNix GUI: multiplexer: the dialog previewing different character sets for text subtitles will now keep the position of the displayed text when switching between character sets. Implements #2489.
Thank you.
sneaker_ger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2019, 21:58   #293  |  Link
mkver

Quote:
LOOOOOOL I did indeed "due to" is obviously the intended wording
It happens to me all the time, too. See for example my recent PR for mkvalidator: Despite rereading it repeatedly I let an unused variable slip through and had to reword the commit message.
Old 10th February 2019, 16:47   #294  |  Link
Danette

I am merging various mkv files. Each file has a chapter name. When I add/append the files, the output does have the various chapter times correctly placed, but the chapter names disappear. Is there some way to merge these files and retain the chapter names within each file so I don’t have to manually re-enter the name for each one?
Danette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2019, 16:45   #295  |  Link
sneaker_ger

That is already the default behavior. Are you sure your source files actually have chapters as defined in the Matroska spec and not just e.g. Segment Titles?

Upload sample files and your complete command if necessary.

@Mosu:
Maybe it would make sense to add a <SEGMENT_TITLE> variable to --generate-chapters-name-template

Last edited by sneaker_ger; 11th February 2019 at 16:49.
sneaker_ger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2019, 19:06   #296  |  Link
Danette

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneaker_ger View Post
That is already the default behavior. Are you sure your source files actually have chapters as defined in the Matroska spec and not just e.g. Segment Titles?

Upload sample files and your complete command if necessary.

@Mosu:
Maybe it would make sense to add a <SEGMENT_TITLE> variable to --generate-chapters-name-template
Thanks for the reply. I'll upload a sample as the next step, if you still think it necessary. However, here is what the XML file contains:

PHP Code:
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!-- <!DOCTYPE Chapters SYSTEM "matroskachapters.dtd"> -->
<Chapters>
  <EditionEntry>
    <EditionUID>17724414706209801463</EditionUID>
    <ChapterAtom>
      <ChapterTimeStart>00:00:00.000000000</ChapterTimeStart>
      <ChapterUID>16958226351709810015</ChapterUID>
      <ChapterDisplay>
        <ChapterString>Chapter Name Test</ChapterString>
        <ChapterLanguage>und</ChapterLanguage>
      </ChapterDisplay>
    </ChapterAtom>
  </EditionEntry>
</Chapters>
Note that the chapter name is entitled: "Chapter Name Test".
Old 11th February 2019, 19:32   #297  |  Link
Mosu
MKVToolNix author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danette View Post
I am merging various mkv files. Each file has a chapter name. When I add/append the files, the output does have the various chapter times correctly placed, but the chapter names disappear. Is there some way to merge these files and retain the chapter names within each file so I don’t have to manually re-enter the name for each one?
Sounds a bit like all the chapters in the source files have the same chapter UIDs. Can you extract chapters from each of the file and upload them to my server, please?

Old 11th February 2019, 22:34   #298  |  Link
Danette

Quote:
Sounds a bit like all the chapters in the source files have the same chapter UIDs. Can you extract chapters from each of the file and upload them to my server, please?
You are right: many of the xml files have the same ChapterUID (all made with the MKVtoolnix chapter editor). The only difference is in the ChapterString, which contains the chapter name. I could upload them, but that is what you would see.

As I see it, being able to specify the ChapterString in the name template would fix it. I suppose that @sneaker_ger was suggesting.
Old 16th February 2019, 18:02   #299  |  Link
leon

Quote:
* all programs: added a new option `--abort-on-warnings` that will cause the program to abort after it has emitted the first warning, similar to how it aborts after the first error. Implements #2493.
That was fast. Thank you.
Old 23rd February 2019, 01:49   #300  |  Link
Megalith

Is there an ETA on when the auto-sorting option (e.g., automatically move video files to the top of list) will be added to MKVToolNix?
Megalith is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
matroska