Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Old 19th March 2019, 22:11   #16821  |  Link
skylinekiller

When I try to preview AVS script in RipBot, I get a Windows Media Playback error "MPC-HC has stopped working" Does anyone know how to solve this
skylinekiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2019, 16:41   #16822  |  Link
byteshare
ByteShare

Quote:
Originally Posted by skylinekiller View Post
When I try to preview AVS script in RipBot, I get a Windows Media Playback error "MPC-HC has stopped working" Does anyone know how to solve this
What is your script?
byteshare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2019, 18:39   #16823  |  Link
stryker412

Is it possible to edit a file to add in custom bitrates to the drop down list? I know you can manually enter them in too but was wondering if I could just add them to the list and set a bitrate as the default?
stryker412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2019, 18:55   #16824  |  Link
byteshare
ByteShare

Quote:
Originally Posted by stryker412 View Post
Is it possible to edit a file to add in custom bitrates to the drop down list? I know you can manually enter them in too but was wondering if I could just add them to the list and set a bitrate as the default?
You can set the "Default Encoder Settings" in the "RipBot264 Settings"
Change the "Encoding Mode" to "1-Pass" or "2-Pass" and type in your preferred "Bitrate"
Not sure about the dropdown list though because I don't see an option for that in the settings or RipBot264.ini
Old 20th March 2019, 20:28   #16825  |  Link
skylinekiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by byteshare View Post
What is your script?
pretty much just default. When I have a 1080P file and go to automatically crop, then resize to 1280p, I press the preview button. I don't really change anything else
Old 21st March 2019, 16:22   #16826  |  Link
byteshare
ByteShare

Quote:
pretty much just default. When I have a 1080P file and go to automatically crop, then resize to 1280p, I press the preview button. I don't really change anything else
Does it work when it is default?
Old 22nd March 2019, 09:02   #16827  |  Link
skylinekiller

Quote:
Does it work when it is default?
No, it didn't work. I just loaded my media, clicked "AviSynth" clicked "Preview Script" and same error
Old 22nd March 2019, 12:13   #16828  |  Link
defalopii

GPU Encoding

Hello, i tried encoding using GPU with GeForceŽ GTX 1080
Both x264 OpenCL acceleration and KNLMeansCL active using the GPU, but i see using GPU-Z the load of GPU is only 21% at average. Is this normal or something causing bottleneck?
defalopii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2019, 16:27   #16829  |  Link
byteshare
ByteShare

Quote:
No, it didn't work. I just loaded my media, clicked "AviSynth" clicked "Preview Script" and same error
Does encoding work?
What codec packs (if any) are you using?
Old 22nd March 2019, 16:28   #16830  |  Link
byteshare
ByteShare

Quote:
Originally Posted by defalopii View Post
Hello, i tried encoding using GPU with GeForceŽ GTX 1080
Both x264 OpenCL acceleration and KNLMeansCL active using the GPU, but i see using GPU-Z the load of GPU is only 21% at average. Is this normal or something causing bottleneck?
The GPU part is only for some filters and decoding but not encoding in RipBot
Old 22nd March 2019, 22:45   #16831  |  Link
defalopii

Quote:
The GPU part is only for some filters and decoding but not encoding in RipBot
I am using MDegrain2+KNLMeansCL (Adaptive) filter while encoding. Does this cant pull the GPU into its full load capacity?
Old 23rd March 2019, 10:11   #16832  |  Link
skylinekiller

Quote:
Does encoding work?
What codec packs (if any) are you using?
Encoding works just fine, the only thing I cannot do is a preview with WMC, I get that error.
Old 23rd March 2019, 13:00   #16833  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Quote:
Originally Posted by defalopii View Post
I am using MDegrain2+KNLMeansCL (Adaptive) filter while encoding. Does this cant pull the GPU into its full load capacity?
Try with KNLMeansCL only. I suspect a CPU bottleneck in your case.
MDegrain2 is very demanding on CPU and hence your CPU may not be able to deliver frames fast enough for your powerful GPU.
Atak_Snajpera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2019, 13:20   #16834  |  Link
defalopii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atak_Snajpera View Post
Try with KNLMeansCL only. I suspect a CPU bottleneck in your case.
MDegrain2 is very demanding on CPU and hence your CPU may not be able to deliver frames fast enough for your powerful GPU.
Yeah i think so, i will try and see, hope cpu and gpu can get maximum.
Also when i abort the encoding process in the half way, is there any setting to prevent the already encoded chunks being re-encoded from the beginning again when i re-start the encoding process?

Last edited by defalopii; 23rd March 2019 at 13:24.
Old 23rd March 2019, 16:17   #16835  |  Link
byteshare
ByteShare

Quote:
Encoding works just fine, the only thing I cannot do is a preview with WMC, I get that error.
What version of MPC do you have?
Do you have any codec packs installed?
I'm using MPC-HC 64bit
Version: 1.7.11.13 (f6d4865)
Compiler: MSVC 2015 Update 3
Build date: Mar 12 2017

LAV Filters:
LAV Splitter: 0.69.0.71
LAV Video: 0.69.0.71
LAV Audio: 0.69.0.71
FFmpeg compiler: MinGW-w64 GCC 6.2.0

If you open MPC and click Help > About > Copy to clipboard it gives you this information.
Old 23rd March 2019, 23:03   #16836  |  Link
jlpsvk

no chance to include nvencc64 to ribot? DE? Who is using DE, would not use nvencc64. as just simple.
Old 26th March 2019, 23:59   #16837  |  Link
Ryushin

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyWu View Post
Try using seekmode=0 in FFVideoSource. It may solve frame inaccuracy for the other codecs as well. However, no guarantee.
Afraid that did not fix the frame accuracy. Still corruption at the 4 minute mark when use DE.
Ryushin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2019, 05:26   #16838  |  Link
Tazlord

RipBot has been behaving very strange for a long time and I've pretty much run out of ideas of how to fix it. Below is a list of things I've been experiencing. If anyone else has been experiencing any of this and knows a fix, please point me in the right direction:

- When adding any non-english track to either the audio or subtitles, RB will no longer automatically detect the language. It can only detect English tracks automatically now. Sometimes you can see the proper language being selected for a fraction of a second but then it reverts back to unidentified language.
- RB main app does not close properly when clicking the "x" button. The app will disappear from the main screen but the tray icon and executable in Task Manager stays. Trying to reopen the app from the tray icon causes it to become unresponsive. The only way to fully close the app is to kill the process in Task Manager.
- In distributed encoding, the encoding server does not fully start on the master system. The executable shows up in the Task Manager but the icon does not show up in the tray and will not respond to any commands sent to it from the encoding client, even while running on the same system.
- Remote Encoding servers fail to start encoding unless the shared folder has been browsed manually in Explorer. This happens even without any authentication requirements on the main system (no password, guest access = yes, etc).

Notes:
All of the above are continuing to happen, even on a freshly installed OS (Windows 10 Pro).
As of my last attempt to fix this, I am running the most recent version of RB264 (fresh install/unpack).
As far as I know, all dependencies have been installed (Java, AviSynth, etc). RB does is not warning me about any missing dependencies.
I am able to get the encoding server to work on a different system running Windows 10 Home as well as a virtual machine running Windows 7. The working systems have only the encoding server executable copied to them. No other parts of RB are installed or copied over.

Last edited by Tazlord; 27th March 2019 at 05:32.
Tazlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2019, 16:52   #16839  |  Link
byteshare
ByteShare

I am not sure about all of your issues but I might be able to help with these:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tazlord View Post
1- RB main app does not close properly when clicking the "x" button. The app will disappear from the main screen but the tray icon and executable in Task Manager stays. Trying to reopen the app from the tray icon causes it to become unresponsive. The only way to fully close the app is to kill the process in Task Manager.
2- In distributed encoding, the encoding server does not fully start on the master system. The executable shows up in the Task Manager but the icon does not show up in the tray and will not respond to any commands sent to it from the encoding client, even while running on the same system.
3- Remote Encoding servers fail to start encoding unless the shared folder has been browsed manually in Explorer. This happens even without any authentication requirements on the main system (no password, guest access = yes, etc).
1 Make sure your Windows Mal-ware and/or anti-virus is excluding the RipBot folders and you are on the most recent version of RipBot (with updates)

2 I think is related to 3, but if you edit a job > AviSynth > Preview Script: is there an error? You might have to click in the seek bar and/or click play to see the image

3 Settings > Distributed Encoding > Authentication: Put your server's (main computer that has RipBot open) User name (might need to put your domain/computer name as well, like this "ComputerName\UserName" and Password, and have the "Automatically share RipBot264temp folder" checked.
There are other possible ways to fix this but I prefer this method.
Old 29th March 2019, 02:28   #16840  |  Link
Arbelisk

1.24.1 Will not connec to Host using DE

Hey. Anyone have a problem with using DE after updating to 1.24.1? I was using 1.23 and it was working fine. Now after updating, the host computer will not connect to itself but will connect to the remote computer just fine. Any ideas? Thanks.
Arbelisk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
264, 265, appletv, avchd, bluray, gui, iphone, ipod, ps3, psp, ripbot264, x264 2-pass, x264 gui, x264_64, x265, xbox360