Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 20th May 2018, 13:34   #27341  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch3vr0n View Post
Did you just have to paste the dlls in the bdrb folder? If so, if you don't mind grabbing them for me

@jdobbs

i did some looking into the Intel Media SDK and found this

https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=170315

Starting post 6 and beyond it becomes interesting. The glitching might be specific to the right eye stream. The fix might be

Can you make test build for me with that setting fixed?
One thing you can do to test this is to edit the MUX_MOVIE_ONLY.meta file and remove the ", insertSEI" entry from the video muxing line. Then just manually run TSMUXER to create the structure using the modified meta file.

Last edited by jdobbs; 20th May 2018 at 13:36.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2018, 14:00   #27342  |  Link
Ch3vr0n

yeah i'll pass. Not too savvy when it comes to running command line stuff. I can wait
Ch3vr0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2018, 15:10   #27343  |  Link
ggtop

Quote:
yeah i'll pass. Not too savvy when it comes to running command line stuff. I can wait
It's really easy :-)

Open a CMD window in your working Directory (SHIFT + right click in Win Explorer will give you the option to open a prompt) and enter:
"path/to/tsmuxer" MUX_MOVIE_ONLY.meta "path/to/working directory"

path/to/tsmuxer is in BD-RB tools subdirectory

That's it!

Last edited by ggtop; 20th May 2018 at 15:13.
ggtop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2018, 15:24   #27344  |  Link
ggtop

Maze runner - part 1

Hi,

I just wanted to create an movie-only backup of "The Maze Runner" (2014). The Bluray is a combined 2 & 3D one. BD-RB setup: "Process 3D Video sources as 2D for backup".

The correct playlist is 00800.mpls which points to 00800.m2ts only. That one can also be seen in "Other movie-only playlist" dialog, but it can't be chosen. BDRB always picks others which are definitely not the main movie.

Finally I was able to convince BDRB through importing the Bluray and picking up 00800. The result is fine.

Any ideas?

ggtop
Old 20th May 2018, 20:42   #27345  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggtop View Post
The correct playlist is 00800.mpls which points to 00800.m2ts only. That one can also be seen in "Other movie-only playlist" dialog, but it can't be chosen.
Can't be chosen???? Why? What stops it from being chosen?
Old 20th May 2018, 21:53   #27346  |  Link
ggtop

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
Can't be chosen???? Why? What stops it from being chosen?
Good question. When choosing 00800 I am presented something else (00232). Interestingly choosing 0850 picks another one (00290). But BDInfo says it is the same m2ts. Strange that I (or someone else) had such an issue after a large number of backups.
BTW Same result with INI entry "Process 3D Video sources as 2D for backup" set off (IGNORE_3D=0). In that case only "3D" is shown in the VID...line.

INFO: The main movie is not in 3D. It's just some extras on the disc that are.

I made some screenshots.

ggtop
Attached Images

Last edited by ggtop; 20th May 2018 at 22:04.
Old 20th May 2018, 22:47   #27347  |  Link
jdobbs

That makes no sense. BD-RB reads the M2TS information directly from the MPLS. I've never seen, nor have I previously had a report of BD-RB reading the disc information incorrectly. The MPLS info in the dialog even has the correct time for the movie.

There has to be some voodoo magic at play here.

Last edited by jdobbs; 20th May 2018 at 22:50.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2018, 23:47   #27348  |  Link
Lathe

Quote:
That makes no sense. BD-RB reads the M2TS information directly from the MPLS. I've never seen, nor have I previously had a report of BD-RB reading the disc information incorrectly. The MPLS info in the dialog even has the correct time for the movie.

Lathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2018, 17:08   #27349  |  Link
DrinkLyeAndDie

Quote:
@Jdobbs and others interested. I have an update on that issue where i was unable to get Intel QuickSync to work with BDRB while having my GTX 1080 being used for actual display...

Just wanted to add my thanks for this post. I had been lazy and never got around to getting QuickSync to work along with discrete graphics on my system. Now it's working. Actually a lot easier & quicker than I anticipated. Nice to have it when/if I need it.
DrinkLyeAndDie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2018, 17:17   #27350  |  Link
Ch3vr0n

When i got my mind set to do something, you can bet your ass i'll try every damn method i can find. Even if it's in some obsure post i only found on 1 site. Turned out to be the working one too. Just a note though, after i attached that dummy plug. My main monitor no longer showed the ROG logo upon boot (applies to accessing bios too), no screen until lock screen. Seems like the onboard hdmi takes priority over that. Plug the monitor into that one and yup, visuals. But hardware decoding/encoding at least on my end currently results in severe artifacts.

So if the potentially artifact resolving tweak above doesn't fix the glitching, i'll disable QS again in the bios. I can live with a slower encode, i can't live with video artifacts
Old 21st May 2018, 18:03   #27351  |  Link
DrinkLyeAndDie

<OFF-TOPIC>

Quote:
When i got my mind set to do something, you can bet your ass i'll try every damn method i can find. Even if it's in some obsure post i only found on 1 site. Turned out to be the working one too. Just a note though, after i attached that dummy plug. My main monitor no longer showed the ROG logo upon boot (applies to accessing bios too), no screen until lock screen. Seems like the onboard hdmi takes priority over that. Plug the monitor into that one and yup, visuals. But hardware decoding/encoding at least on my end currently results in severe artifacts.

So if the potentially artifact resolving tweak above doesn't fix the glitching, i'll disable QS again in the bios. I can live with a slower encode, i can't live with video artifacts
I don't wish to sidetrack this thread but I did want to reply to your post.

I still use DVI for my monitor. It works for my system and it's easier to setup, IMO. After adding the HDMI dummy, enabling iGFX in the BIOS, installing the drivers in Windows, etc, things are just the same at boot time. Still see the same graphics, etc, leading to logging into Windows. I'm going to speculate this is related to my using DVI for my discrete graphics which you aren't doing.

If this needs to be moved then that's fine. My apologies.

</OFF-TOPIC>
DrinkLyeAndDie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2018, 20:12   #27352  |  Link
Ch3vr0n

actually my primairy display is hooked up via DVI to the discrete gfx, cause the hdmi is used for a standalone blu-ray player hooked (cause primairy monitor is a 3D one and so's the player). I'll tinker some more with it over summer break (1 month off work) perhaps. I know the workaround if i have to (simply hook the monitor up to the on-board hdmi). In the mean time, waiting on @jdobbs to release that test build with the potential artifact fix
Old 21st May 2018, 21:06   #27353  |  Link
ggtop

Quote:
Definitely. I'll do some more testing. I just loaded the original into BDRB rather than mounted ISO with the same effect.

Maybe someone elase has the disc "The Maze Runner" as well and can try it....

ggtop
Old 22nd May 2018, 14:37   #27354  |  Link
ggtop

Quote:
Update: Copied the whole content from the mouted ISO to disk and opened that folder. That works!

Maybe something in Virtual Clone Drive...doing some more testing.

Update 2: Just tried another tool for mounting images (WinCDEmu) which behaves the same as Elby's VCD. No idea!

ggtop

Last edited by ggtop; 22nd May 2018 at 15:25.
Old 23rd May 2018, 03:44   #27355  |  Link
Mark_Venture

Quote:

On my Asus Z710-Deluxe, there is a BIOS option (on the screen where you enable the iGPU), to select iGPU or PEG as the primary adapter. I have mine set to PEG, and the GTX970 is the primary monitor and works for the bios and video before windows starts.

Oh, I'm using an HDMI splitter that I had laying around, instead of the plug you linked to. While it shows as a video card and monitor (to extend my desktop too), I haven't tried any encoding software or anything yet...
Mark_Venture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2018, 06:29   #27356  |  Link
Ch3vr0n

I fixed the no video on boot yesterday. Primary display was set to igpu by mistake

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk
Old 26th May 2018, 09:18   #27357  |  Link
Yordan5

I am still struggling to pinpoint what caused the massive increase in transcoding time with BD-RB for the past year or so.
I keep images of my system from various points in time and yesterday did a test.
Restored an image from April 2014 that had BD-RB 47.05 installed and set the PC date back to 27-April-2014 so that BD-RB 47.05 would work (not give the expired message). Below are the details of a movie I did back then and as you can see it had taken less than two hours to complete with the highest quality setting.

[04/27/14] BD Rebuilder v0.47.05 (beta)
[20:58:17] Source: CLOSED_CIRCUIT_00000
- Input BD size: 25.16 GB
- Approximate total content: [01:36:01.546]
- Target BD size: 4.36 GB
- Windows Version: 6.1 [7601]
- MOVIE-ONLY mode enabled
- Quality: Highest (Very Slow), Two Pass
- Decoding/Frame serving: DirectShow
- Audio Settings: AC3=1 DTS=1 HD=0 Kbs=448
- Subtitle [1] is defaulted ON.
[20:58:17] PHASE ONE, Encoding
- [20:58:17] Processing: VID_00000 (1 of 1)
- [20:58:17] Extracting A/V streams [VID_00000]
- [21:01:04] Reencoding video [VID_00000]
- Source Video: MPEG-4 (AVC), 1920x1080
- Rate/Length: 23.976fps, 138,139 frames
- Bitrate: 5,481 Kbs
- [21:01:04] Reencoding: VID_00000, Pass 1 of 2
- [21:26:27] Reencoding: VID_00000, Pass 2 of 2
- [22:53:15] Video Encode complete
- [22:53:15] Processing audio tracks
- Track 4352 (eng): Reencoding audio to AC3...
[22:55:02]PHASE ONE complete
[22:55:02]PHASE TWO - Rebuild Started
- [22:55:02] Rebuilding AVCHD file Structure
[22:55:47] - Encode and Rebuild complete
[22:55:47] JOB: CLOSED_CIRCUIT finished.

Yesterday, with the same movie and settings and with the same hardware and software installed (image restoration) from the same point in time, took over 14 hours to complete the same movie.
I am at my wits end to understand what is causing this. Beginning to think there may be a motherboard issue developing. In the past BD-RB with the highest quality setting never took more than 3.5 hours to complete a transcode. Now it is taking in excess of 12 hours on the same hardware.

Last edited by Yordan5; 26th May 2018 at 09:46.
Yordan5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2018, 10:36   #27358  |  Link
Ch3vr0n

@jdobbs any progress yet on that 3d test build?

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk
Old 26th May 2018, 13:51   #27359  |  Link
mparade

Hello there,

Here BD-RB doesn't want to reconfigure the default LAV settings during the first run as admin. It has only been struggling with it for several minutes and doesn't open finally. Task Manager tells it looks a very CPU and memory intensive process for BD-RB. I have win10 64 bit OS, anyone has an idea? I run it as admin as it is recommended in the first post of this thread.

Any help would be appreciated.

I have found a page that states I should buy some "PC scan and repair tool" from Reimage to make BD-RB open correctly.

Last edited by mparade; 26th May 2018 at 15:27.
mparade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2018, 16:40   #27360  |  Link
worknstiff

@ Yordan5; RE: less than two hours to complete with the highest quality setting.

- Input BD size: 25.16 GB
- Approximate total content: [01:36:01.546]
- Target BD size: 4.36 GB
- Quality: Highest (Very Slow), Two Pass

WHAT QUALITY? If you are putting that much video on a DVD+R WHY???? You can buy quality BD-R's for the same price as DVD+R's now and not have to worry so much about the highest quality compression.
worknstiff is offline   Reply With Quote